PDA

View Full Version : When do I need to cash out by? :(

Lorelei528
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm so confused and NEW! :rotfl:

If we are leaving for WDW on Sept. 25 (yes, I'm obsessive and neurotic a bit!) and I'm planning on doing Disney gift cards, when do I have to cash out by in order to receive them in time for the trip?

I thought I had read somewhere 2 things:
1) It takes about 6 weeks to get them
2) They are only mailed out at the end of the month? (In which case I'd have to cash out by like the end of July? Is that right?)

Can someone please help me out with this? I will be depending on the $ to use towards food and TIW card etc. so I can't take the chance of not getting it in time.
Thanks all! I know I have plenty of time but I don't want to forget and I want to write the date to cash out in my planner! :)

:thanks:

m 'n c
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
To be safe I'd cash out by July 31st no matter what option you choose. Tricia has various ways she obtains the gift cards but most come from Disneyshopping.com and they can take a while to process and ship them out. Then Tricia has to allocate them and mail them so you are dealing with the post office twice. Disney use to let her drop ship them from their website but they quit that :(

Paypal is mailed out at the end of the month in the following month so that is where you are probably getting the end of July thing.

lkat
02-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Hmmm...I'll let an expert chime in, but my guess to play it safe would be cash out by Aug. 7. That would give you 7 weeks just so you won't be stressed at the last minute waiting for it. I think the end of the month thing only has to do with cashing out into a paypal account, but I could be wrong.

Our trip is May 1, and I have March 14th circled on my calendar as my last cash out day :)

I've been putting all my earnings so far to pay down our trip balance, but just realized the other day that our final payment has to be in by march, so whatever I cash out for now is just going to be for any extra food or souvenirs while we're there...I know we won't have a problem spending it :D

eta: oops...see, while I was taking too long to type, an expert did chime in :) so yeah, what m n' c said :)

m 'n c
02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
LOL definitely not an expert but I am super paranoid about things like this.