PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Question

m4travels
02-28-2010, 01:01 PM
We are going to be cruising this September (bringing the Magic home from Barcelona) and we had originally planned an additional 2 nights at WDW upon return (Oct 2 and 3) before our return to Mexico. We are now thinking about extending the 2 days into 4 (F&W will be going on) and enjoy a bit more of WDW.

We are currently booked to stay at Boardwalk Villas (so great access to World Showcase in EPCOT) but we're considering moving over to Bay Lake Tower to a standard view. Obviously this will give us easy access to Magic Kingdom, which brings me to the question about MNSSHP. What's it all about? Will 2 guys enjoy this? I know it's a hard-ticket event, but for those of you who have gone, what was the draw? We won't be doing costumes and that's just too much to pack away. How crazy crowded is it?

3dog2kidmom
02-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Loved MNSSHP!!!!

I know it's a hard-ticket event, but for those of you who have gone, what was the draw?

Walked onto all the rides, characters in Halloween costumes, villain meet & greet, candy stations, special photo ops... and Hallowishes :)

How crazy crowded is it?

Not at all! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

m4travels
02-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Oh, you got those real nifty shirts with Zero on them, too, right? Or was it Oogey Boogey?

SunshineGirl
02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Personally, the MNSSHP parade and fireworks are my favorite of the whole year. I make the fam watch them every single time that we go because they are incredible. A few of the other attractions are better that night as well (like The Haunted Mansion is ramped up a little bit...although I still think DL's might be better).

The park is decorated different, so that is something cool to see. Main Street is much different with the music and lights.

Lots more Villains stuff. More appearances and a Villains show that I think they only do that night.

Just about everyone is dressed up--but not necessarily in costumes. A lot of MNSSHP shirts (bought there or made). Nightmare Before Christmas shirts, things like that. If people aren't in costumes, they are in some kind of Disney paraphernalia.

m 'n c
02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
We love going. You can definitely walk onto rides and you can see characters that night that you usually can't see other times. We love the parade and the Villains show as well. I definitely think you should try it out at least once.

Our costumes are usually not that fancy. I mean last time we just wore Mickey Mouse Club tshirts with our names printed on them and some Mickey ears. The tshirts we had made at either disneyshopping.com or zazzle.com and were a hit in the parks.

iluvamystery89
02-28-2010, 05:49 PM
we LOVED mnsshp! we've been twice-didn't dress up the 1st time, except DD, but we all dressed up the 2nd time and had a ball :) the villain's mix n mingle is great, and if you stick around at the end, they do pics (no autographs). the evil stepsisters were also wandering the park, and they were hilarious. there are rare characters out that you won't see on the average day, such as snow white with all 7 dwarfs. most of the rides are walk-on, and the parade and fireworks can't be beat. loved the firework narration by oogie boogie!

Love2Shop
02-28-2010, 06:12 PM
We also love MNSSHP-this will be our third year!:cooldance:

Love the parade, fireworks, decorations and being able to walk onto most rides. You can get into MK as early as 4:30 with your tickets.

3dog2kidmom
02-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh, you got those real nifty shirts with Zero on them, too, right? Or was it Oogey Boogey?

You mean the flashy blinky necklace? I don't know who/what it was, but it was a thing that hangs around your neck or suction cups to a window/mirror.

And... how could I forget about the parade? That was the single most amazing thing I've ever seen at Disney!

DarcyDog
02-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Have been to MNSSHP twice, and I absolutely loved it! Worth every single penny I paid. Loved walking right onto all of the rides, the fireworks, everything!! We did not dress up, but wore our Steeler football jerseys (there were 10 of us, so it took up very little room in the suitcases.

I would not hesitate for a second to buy those tickets.

m4travels
02-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone!! We're doing it! Will hope that DVC has a deal on tickets but if not, well, life is still good!!!

iluvamystery89
02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
congratulations and enjoy your trip! you're going to love it :)

Magical JenK
03-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Dude-I hate Halloween, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MNSSHP! I try to go every year...last year I was lucky enough to go 3 times!! DH & I will be there on the 2nd cuz we get tickets for running the 5k that morning. If you & Partner Dude aren't doing anything else on the 2nd run the 5K w/us & go the party at night! :0)

Hope you're doing well!

m4travels
03-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Dude-I hate Halloween, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MNSSHP! I try to go every year...last year I was lucky enough to go 3 times!! DH & I will be there on the 2nd cuz we get tickets for running the 5k that morning. If you & Partner Dude aren't doing anything else on the 2nd run the 5K w/us & go the party at night! :0)

Hope you're doing well!
We arrive that day from our cruise so we may be pretty bushed, BUT if I can convince PD to do it, we'll be there!!! (at the party, definitely NOT the 5K!!!!!!)

We just might get to meet up!!!!

Magical JenK
03-03-2010, 11:34 PM
We arrive that day from our cruise so we may be pretty bushed, BUT if I can convince PD to do it, we'll be there!!! (at the party, definitely NOT the 5K!!!!!!)

We just might get to meet up!!!!

That would be magical to say the least!! :sunshine:

kimntrent
03-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Second of what. We r there Oct 2

luvdisney00
03-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Anyone who loves MK will love MNSSHP! Low crowds, fun atmoshphere, villians, lots of stuff that is different from the usual. The parade and fireworks are great too! You don't need elaborate costumes either, just a fun tee shirt or Halloween tee shirt gets you into the spirit without anything hard to pack. Have fun with it!

m4travels
03-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Second of what. We r there Oct 2
Yup, Oct 2! The Magic arrives that day from Barcelona and there's a 5K run that morning and those running get a ticket for the party that night. It sounds like a small SR meet might happen!!!!

PSL1013
03-04-2010, 10:13 AM
We will be there too on Oct 2 but not too sure about the MNSSHP...went once and that was enough for me, although I do like the fireworks and parade. :blush:

KimCh
03-14-2010, 11:31 PM
This is a blast. The adults even get a bag to collect candy. Do not miss the very beginning of the parade. We cruise the end of Oct. and plan to do this the day we get off the ship. They only sell a limited number of tickets so it keeps the crowds low.

jnorth1007
03-15-2010, 08:21 AM
I will be there that week too but I am not sure yet what night we are doing the party yet. I hope I get to see you guys!

3dog2kidmom
04-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Just booked OKW for a quick anniversary getaway October 2-5, and plan to do MNSSHP on the 3rd. If there is to be an SR meetup, count 3dog2kidmom&dadnokidsthistime in!!

m4travels
04-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Just booked OKW for a quick anniversary getaway October 2-5, and plan to do MNSSHP on the 3rd. If there is to be an SR meetup, count 3dog2kidmom&dadnokidsthistime in!!

Would love to get together if we can!!!! I haven't seen the days listed for MNSSHP but we had tentatively planned on the 2nd.....but it's also F&W and those Grey Goose slushies in France......hmmmmmmmmmm.............

We're now staying at BWV from the 2 - 6th with an afternoon departure on the 7th.

ETA: Okay, it's obvious I haven't seen this thread in some time. There are LOTS of us here during this time. Here's hoping we'll be able to connect!!!!!

3dog2kidmom
04-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Would love to get together if we can!!!! I haven't seen the days listed for MNSSHP but we had tentatively planned on the 2nd.....but it's also F&W and those Grey Goose slushies in France......hmmmmmmmmmm.............

We're now staying at BWV from the 2 - 6th with an afternoon departure on the 7th

According to MagicalJen today, it looks like the tickets they get for the 5K are for MNSSHP on the 3rd (thought it was the 2nd before) and MK closes at 7 that night. So we're planning at least on that and Epcot for some good Food & Wine on the 4th. Can't wait to see you guys again! Maybe over some of those slushes......

So incredibly jealous you will be at BWV... I'm on a waitlist there but since we just decided to book today had to take what we could get.

PSL1013
04-07-2010, 10:37 PM

We're now staying at BWV from the 2 - 6th with an afternoon departure on the 7th.

ETA: Okay, it's obvious I haven't seen this thread in some time. There are LOTS of us here during this time. Here's hoping we'll be able to connect!!!!!

A meet at France for one of those slushie's sounds good to me!!!! :blush:

momof3lovebugs
04-11-2010, 05:57 PM
So reading this it sounds like adults like the party, but how about for a nss family? OUr kids have never even been on the haunted mansion and don't plan to start this year. We really don't like scary or ghoulish or macabre at all. And the villains, are they scary for the kids?
I am trying to decide btwn the MNSSHP and the HDDR show as each is about 200.00 for our family.
Is the parade more haunted mansion type stuff? And the hallowishes, how different is that? thanks for any help!

luvdisney00
04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Very family friendly, not ghoulish at all. My 3 kids hate scary stuff and they all loved it. if you are going to be there during a party, I'd say don't miss it. We really enjoyed it, low crowds, lots of fun, party atmosphere. Parade is great (Halloweenish but not scary) and Hallowishes was really pretty. I'd totally recommend it.

m4travels
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Just purchased our tickets for October 3! A fun time is just beginning!!!

3dog2kidmom
05-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Just purchased our tickets for October 3! A fun time is just beginning!!!

I purchased ours for the 3rd this week too!

Magical JenK
05-14-2010, 11:22 PM
I purchased ours for the 3rd this week too!

I finally signed us up for the 5K on the 2nd, so therefore I, too, got my tickets for the 3rd party too!! Yahooo!!!! :rotfl:

"It's really not to so scary!!"

m4travels
05-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Just received our tickets today! DANG, that was fast!! Now if the rest of the summer would move just as quickly!!:rotfl:

Magical JenK
05-14-2010, 11:49 PM
No worries...it will!