PDA

View Full Version : Changing email addy in gmail?

jfrog
10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi All!

When you change your email addy in gmail, I mean really change it, not just add dots, are you able to change your existing one or do you cancel it and start over? I thought I would ask first so I skip the step of screwing up 6 times first! LOL-- THanks!!!

coastalgirl
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Are you meaning a whole brand new email?? If ya are, I never cancelled my others, I am now up to 4. :rotfl: I don't guess it would matter to much. Someone may pipe in with a better answer, but I am guessing that it would be up to you! I just got a new one today. :) And I did not cancel my other ones. Hope this helps!!

bs4free
10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Just make a new one you never know when you will get an important message on an old e-mail address, thats why even i if have not used an e-mail for a while i have them all pulled or forwarded to an address that is checked often!

But simple answer is if you need/want a new one just make one!

aknight373
10-10-2007, 07:58 PM
all of my spam emails, just ones i use straight for spam i close that account about ever 3 months and open new ones. if they are "real" email account, they never get closed

fanofree
10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Ok - so how do you "close" a gmail account?

TIA!

bs4free
10-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Ok - so how do you "close" a gmail account?

TIA!
How do I cancel my Gmail account?

If you decide that you don't need your Gmail account anymore, and you're sure you won't want your username in the future, you can simply close the account. Here's how:
Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
Open the Accounts tab.
Click Google Account settings.
Click Edit next to My services on the right side.
Click Delete Gmail Service. Once you close your Gmail account, you can't reactivate it, and you won't be able to retrieve any messages.

cglaura
10-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Just make sure you wait a good long time b/t the time you last used it before you cancel. If things start bouncing back undeliverable soon after you gave the email address it may appear that you provided false/fraud info.