PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I am new here too. I am trying to be faithful and complete the 3 daily surveys. Today I successfully completed the gf one! :banana:
Yesterday, however, I was thrilled b/c I actually qualified and took ALL 3 surveys!! :sunshine2: But I only got credited for one. :confused:
I cleared my cookies in between, so not sure if I messed up by taking surveys on a similar topic?
The amp was on cars and so was the my two cents. First was on XYZ and the next was on ABC. Different surveys but same product type. Is that not allowed? Why didn't they ask if I had taken a survey on automotive if it's not? :confused:
I am trying hard to make this work and am frustrated that I spend a little too much time when I don't see much result. I know it's only .90 and .50 but geez, those things take a decent amount of time. (and if you were paid by the hour, holy cow!)
Then I see shopping opps that I could have made sr on....jetblue, kohls etc.... Is there a page that has the companies that participate w/o having to scroll thru all the shopping?
Thanks for any help!
heather:thanks:

Lorelei528
03-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I haven't gotten credit for the My Two Cents survey for 2 days in a row now. I'm kind of glad I'm not alone getting frustrated! :(

PSL1013
03-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Must be something blocking on your computer, I just did one a few hours ago and had no problem getting credit at the top of the hour. Not sure what to tell you to do about it except recheck your settings. Also, I only clear cookies once in the morning before starting the day, you should not clear between these two surveys, I think it might be messing up the tracking? The DS is tracked by UserID, so that isn't a cookies problem.

SunshineGirl
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Yesterday, however, I was thrilled b/c I actually qualified and took ALL 3 surveys!! :sunshine2: But I only got credited for one. :confused:
Then I see shopping opps that I could have made sr on....jetblue, kohls etc.... Is there a page that has the companies that participate w/o having to scroll thru all the shopping?
Thanks for any help!
heather:thanks:

Did you get paid for the regular daily survey but not the others? If so, I would bet that something on your computer is blocking the pixels from firing on the other two (because we have them running through the same network right now). Try the Reward TV offer and let me know if it credits. That is from the same network as well.

As for the shopping, we have so many that you definitely have to scroll to see all of them. However, you can just use the alphabetical drop-down on the left side of the SR page to see them all, especially if you are looking for one in particular. We have over 600 and are adding more daily. :) We also have a search box there where you can search by name (although we are still tweaking that to make it work better).

SunshineGirl
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Must be something blocking on your computer, I just did one a few hours ago and had no problem getting credit at the top of the hour. Not sure what to tell you to do about it except recheck your settings. Also, I only clear cookies once in the morning before starting the day, you should not clear between these two surveys, I think it might be messing up the tracking? The DS is tracked by UserID, so that isn't a cookies problem.

I love when members know as much about how things track as I do anymore. LOL!

Lorelei528
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
It's just weird. I have fine up until the last 2 days. I don't do anything with the settings here at work as we are not allowed access to certain things on the computers...

I don't think they have changed anything here. I can get to the Congrats page no problem (after survey completion)...

sigh. I hope I don't have to stop doing the My Two Cents Surveys! :(

Lorelei528
03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Where is the Reward TV offer so I can try that and see?

Thanks!

PSL1013
03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I love when members know as much about how things track as I do anymore. LOL!

Thank you, I've been around long enough that I've memorized the answers that's all! :rotfl:

PSL1013
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Where is the Reward TV offer so I can try that and see?

Thanks!

Look in the drop down "Offer Easy Links" on the Member Zone page.

Lorelei528
03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Well, I registered and played a couple of games, is that all I need to do? How long does it usually take to credit for this offer?

PSL1013
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, I registered and played a couple of games, is that all I need to do? How long does it usually take to credit for this offer?

I think that's all I did, wait and see if it credits at the top of this hour or even possibly the next hour if you just finished it.

m 'n c
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
It will probably credit ~ 15 minutes after the top of the next hour.

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I registered and played a game blind. As it is reward TV, the game depended on what tv you watched yesterday and I didn't. So I fudged and said jeopardy. So the questions were all related to the show, which I didn't watch. :rotfl: In any case, I did not complete a survey and didn't play more games.
I will check at the top of the hour to see if it credits. The thing is that the amp credited on the 3rd and 4th. :confused: So not sure why it would not be working now unless it was my fault for clearing cookies in between. I thought that was what we were supposed to do that in btwn each survey....sigh....this is so hard! :computer:

Lorelei528
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Got it! Ok, so if that's crediting, why is the My Two Cents survey not? :(

sigh...this is kind of aggravating...

m 'n c
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I registered and played a game blind. As it is reward TV, the game depended on what tv you watched yesterday and I didn't. So I fudged and said jeopardy. So the questions were all related to the show, which I didn't watch. :rotfl: In any case, I did not complete a survey and didn't play more games.
I will check at the top of the hour to see if it credits. The thing is that the amp credited on the 3rd and 4th. :confused: So not sure why it would not be working now unless it was my fault for clearing cookies in between. I thought that was what we were supposed to do that in btwn each survey....sigh....this is so hard! :computer:

Usually I wait until the survey credits before I clear and try another. Usually it just takes an hour but sometimes it takes longer. Just make sure you don't clear right after taking the survey as it will delete your cookie before it can be pinged.

SunshineGirl
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Wasn't there also a trick to some of them about leaving the end pages open for a bit before quickly closing them out so that the pixels have time to completely load?

Lorelei528
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Wasn't there also a trick to some of them about leaving the end pages open for a bit before quickly closing them out so that the pixels have time to completely load?

Tricia-
Do you mean the Congrats page? I leave that open for like 30 mins after (in fact, it always tells me I've timed out)...

:confused::(

PSL1013
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM

Yes, I had a problem with a couple of them not crediting a few months back and now every time I take an AMP survey...instead of closing out like I always did, I now go through to the end clicking on the no thanks at the bottom until I get to the coupons page....haven't had a problem since. HTH

m 'n c
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
AMP's you should leave the end page open for a little bit but you shouldn't have to with the Y2C.

PSL1013
03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Got it! Ok, so if that's crediting, why is the My Two Cents survey not? :(

sigh...this is kind of aggravating...

are you remembering to clear cookies from the previous days activity? It will not credit if it still has the cookie from the last time you did it. That's the only thing I can think of if nothing else has changed on your computer?

Lorelei528
03-05-2010, 04:42 PM
are you remembering to clear cookies from the previous days activity? It will not credit if it still has the cookie from the last time you did it. That's the only thing I can think of if nothing else has changed on your computer?

Yeah, see that's the weird thing. The cookies are cleared automagically on my computer at work by IT the way they set it up. I'll have to see how it works tomorrow from home...

PSL1013
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah, see that's the weird thing. The cookies are cleared automagically on my computer at work by IT the way they set it up. I'll have to see how it works tomorrow from home...

maybe try just taking them at home and see what happens.

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Well the tv rewards one credited. :clap: Now I guess we'll see if I get an amp and see if it credits today!

Leslie
03-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Also, make sure you aren't clearing cookies on your AMP survey before it credits.

Not sure how it works on everyone else, but for me, I have to clear cookies between Greenfield and the Y2C survey or I can't get the Y2C to credit. I know the Greenfield tracks by ID so I am not sure why that is the case for me, but it is what I have found that works.

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Also, make sure you aren't clearing cookies on your AMP survey before it credits.

Not sure how it works on everyone else, but for me, I have to clear cookies between Greenfield and the Y2C survey or I can't get the Y2C to credit. I know the Greenfield tracks by ID so I am not sure why that is the case for me, but it is what I have found that works.
My sessions expire before they credit... :confused:

Leslie
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
My sessions expire before they credit... :confused:

I don't leave my Greenfield or Y2C survey screens open as the credit the next day. I only leave up the end page on the AMP surveys (after I select no thanks and make it all the way to the purple page).

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't leave my Greenfield or Y2C survey screens open as the credit the next day. I only leave up the end page on the AMP surveys (after I select no thanks and make it all the way to the purple page).
hmmmm, purple page? I know I am getting older but not senile!:rotfl:I don't remember a purple page!:confused: But Ihave been credited the 3rd and 4th for this survey, so I must see it, right?:cool:

Leslie
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't know if I am allowed to say the name of the website on here. After I get the thank you screen, I skip all the offers, and it ends on a webpage for a company that begins with an E. I leave that page up until it credits at the top of the hour.

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't know if I am allowed to say the name of the website on here. After I get the thank you screen, I skip all the offers, and it ends on a webpage for a company that begins with an E. I leave that page up until it credits at the top of the hour.
I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble! Sorry if it seems that way. :( I am just trying to understand what I may be doing wrong....I don't remember seeing a bunch of offers after completing the survey...only the ones that say thanks for your time or something like that.....now I am wondering what is up and why I don't see the same thing as other folks. sigh.....

Leslie
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble! Sorry if it seems that way. :( I am just trying to understand what I may be doing wrong....I don't remember seeing a bunch of offers after completing the survey...only the ones that say thanks for your time or something like that.....now I am wondering what is up and why I don't see the same thing as other folks. sigh.....

You should only see the offers at the end of the AMP surveys. The GF and Your2Cents just end with a green congrats screen.

Leslie
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=momof3lovebugs;292859]I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble! Sorry if it seems that way. :( I am just trying to understand what I may be doing wrong....QUOTE]

And I didn't think at all you were trying to get anyone in trouble. Sorry if it came across that way. :)

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your help! :) I am hoping to have better luck later tonight. I finally got one to load asking for the help of my dd and I got her to come over to take the survey and the first question it asked was her age (which I had already put in) and she answered and it said 'thanks for your time, no further questions' :mad::computer: She was all excited to do it b/c her brother did one a few days ago.....Now she's sad. She wants to help earn disney money!

mollyeilis
03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks for your help! :) I am hoping to have better luck later tonight. I finally got one to load asking for the help of my dd and I got her to come over to take the survey and the first question it asked was her age (which I had already put in) and she answered and it said 'thanks for your time, no further questions' :mad::computer: She was all excited to do it b/c her brother did one a few days ago.....Now she's sad. She wants to help earn disney money!

Oh yes, that's happened to us. DS actually took, with my help (he isn't fully reading yet), a huge long survey on games. It didn't credit, and I never told him that. After that experience, when asked if he's available and he is, I just kind of make sure we're IN the survey before calling him in, or I just call out the questions to him until we're really into the meat of the survey.

I would recommend doing the SR stuff at home, since you aren't in charge of the stuff on your work computer. They might be blocking cookies, they might be clearing them too soon automatically, their firewalls might be causing problems... Also, if I recall correctly, if someone else at work is a member of SR, if the IP addresses are the same, that will cause a BIG problem for both of you. So I'd do it at home instead. (easy for me to say, though)

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh yes, that's happened to us. DS actually took, with my help (he isn't fully reading yet), a huge long survey on games. It didn't credit, and I never told him that. After that experience, when asked if he's available and he is, I just kind of make sure we're IN the survey before calling him in, or I just call out the questions to him until we're really into the meat of the survey.

I would recommend doing the SR stuff at home, since you aren't in charge of the stuff on your work computer. They might be blocking cookies, they might be clearing them too soon automatically, their firewalls might be causing problems... Also, if I recall correctly, if someone else at work is a member of SR, if the IP addresses are the same, that will cause a BIG problem for both of you. So I'd do it at home instead. (easy for me to say, though)Molly, thanks I AM home. :rotfl: I am a homeschooling mom. That is how I have any time at all to do these. ;)

m 'n c
03-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Not that this applies to you but it might apply to another newbie. Make sure that if you use VPN to get into your work intranet that you put it on Smart Tunnel not Always Tunnel as Always Tunnel blocks tracking. I had my Daily Surveys getting blocked thanks to that setting! It was reporting that I completed the survey and Tricia was seeing credits but they didn't have a SR id attached to them.

momof3lovebugs
03-05-2010, 11:44 PM
I finally got one!!! :cooldance: now let's just hope it pays!!! :tinkerbell: Need some pixie dust! :sunshine2:

Leslie
03-06-2010, 12:02 AM
I finally got one!!! :cooldance: now let's just hope it pays!!! :tinkerbell: Need some pixie dust! :sunshine2:

Sending good vibes your way!!! :sunshine:

momof3lovebugs
03-06-2010, 03:20 PM
It did! :cooldance: Yippee!!