PDA

View Full Version : giving out your home address for offers

proudmama2
10-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi!

I am still a newbie! I was wondering when you sign-up for offers do you really need to give out your home address? as anyone given out there reall address and had any problems? Do you recieve alot of junk mail? I so badly want to earn credits but I can't seem to give out my ome address on the web. I am assuming that all of tese offers are screened by the sunshinerewards?????

Thank you for your time!

bartleby1
10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I give out my address and have been doing this for years. I have only noticed a very small amount of junk mail as a result.

I do, however, have a phone number through ************.com that I use instead of my home number. I HATE phone solicitation so this is a must for me.

cglaura
10-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I give out my address and have been doing this for years. I have only noticed a very small amount of junk mail as a result.

I do, however, have a phone number through ************.com that I use instead of my home number. I HATE phone solicitation so this is a must for me.

Ditto. I figure if my address is in the phone book then it is out there anyway. I very rarely get any junk mail. Now junk email on the other hand...tons. Make sure you get a separate email address(s) for the offers!

Definitely don't give fake info, that could get you banned from SR.

Good luck!

Wendi63
10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I give out my home address and really don't get that much junk mail. Maybe a few more things than normal but I just throw it away. It's really not that big of an issue for me.

spring
10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I give out my home address, but use a nickname that I haven't used in years when I do the offers. I get very few pieces of mail addressed to me using that nickname - just a lot of spam e-mails.

I also have a ************.com number and I have noticed that I get about 3 or 4 calls a week on that number. I do check the messages regularly just in case there is something I'm interested in.

jnorth1007
10-11-2007, 05:13 PM
You must give your true information if you are going to do offers. It is considered fraud to give incorrect information and get credits revoked and also get you banned from SR. It is one of the stipulations of you doing the offers that you will give true and correct information. I don't get very much junk mail at my home address. The majority of these places are trying to avoid the expense of physical mailings are mostly trying to solicite through email. HTH!

proudmama2
10-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Thank you so much for all the relpies and suggestions!!! I am comfortable now and having fun!!!!

3dog2kidmom
10-12-2007, 06:26 PM
I either use my PO box when they don't specify you have to use your home, and 2 different home addresses we have (one is a rental house we own which is vacant -- I cant rent it so it might as well do something to earn its keep!) for freebie offers. For paid offers or shopping I use the home. I also alternate between my home phone (which is a real # just not plugged in except for a fax) and my private phone number now that I have one. I never give my cell. The house address is in the phonebook and I get a ton of junk mail anyway so I don't really think it's increased due to SR.

bs4free
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
one is a rental house we own which is vacant -- I cant rent it so it might as well do something to earn its keep!

I like that one....:angel::rotfl::heart::sunshine: