PDA

View Full Version : Buy.com

SunshineGirl
10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Buy.com is running the best Google special that I have seen yet:

Get $10 off $10 on ANY Buy.com purchase when you Google Checkout for the first time! (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/leads_sales.php?aid=23)

Blessing and Miracle
10-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Do we get credit if we google checkout?

wilsonfamily4
10-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks, DONE!

SunshineGirl
10-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Do we get credit if we google checkout?

Yep! They actually gave us a special link for it. You just only get credit for the amount above the $10, I think. They only pay a commission on the final sale amount.

wilsonfamily4
10-11-2007, 11:02 PM
hmm, I spent like $1.80 over. :) But shipping was more. haha. What a great deal. I wish there were more things like this through the next month. I got a present that normally runs $15-18 at other stores for a total of $5.50 including the shipping. :)

FIND MORE OF THESE TRICIA! :)

O, does this count as a shopping entry for the contest?

DisneyMa
10-12-2007, 12:23 AM
oh, thanks!! I just bought 2 DVDs for under $15. shipped to the house. Best part is I have been looking for the Coneheads DVD for a while and could never find it!! Thanks for the info!! 2 more presents down:D

Blessing and Miracle
10-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm really interested in doing this but why do they have to keep your cc info on file? I've never bought anything through Google. Can someone explain how it works. I did read the terms and conditions, but it's seems scary:confused:

coastalgirl
10-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Thanks Tricia! Got 2 more gifts for the kids and it was only $26.00. And one was an illusive Transformer! :) Plus I picked up a Halloween movie for only $4! Can't beat that!!

cglaura
10-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Thanks Tricia! I just bought a 2gb sd card for my camera for our upcoming trip. $6.45!!!! Original/retail price $68.99 :cooldance:

coastalgirl
10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Has anyone seen any shopping credits come through on this one yet?? Just curious as to if I might be the only one waiting! Thanks yall!!

wilsonfamily4
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Tricia responded yesterday on another thread that these came through without any tracking because of the google checkout. So you have to put a TT in to get it so she knows whose is whose. I cannot find my receipt so I cannot apply for mine! O, well. It was a really good deal.

coastalgirl
10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Ok, I think I still have mine! :confused: Have not really been on the board in a few days. DS is having test ran.:(

Thanks!!!

Mandi
10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Tricia, how long do you want us to wait before we file a TT? And do you want the total before or after the $10 off? I have emails with both totals.

minigirl
10-17-2007, 07:29 PM
I just got my Buy.com order today. Wow!!! That was fast. We just ordered it a day or so ago. Certainly my dh saved the e-mails.

Kycha
10-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm really interested in doing this but why do they have to keep your cc info on file? I've never bought anything through Google. Can someone explain how it works. I did read the terms and conditions, but it's seems scary:confused:

I would like to know as well. I have never used Google checkout before. Can someone explain how it works? I already have an account with Buy.com. What is the advantage to using Google to checkout as opposed to just using Buy.com?

I found a 2gb sd memory card that would be $4.95 after the Google discount(plus free shipping!!).

askomsky
10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
I would like to know as well. I have never used Google checkout before. Can someone explain how it works? I already have an account with Buy.com. What is the advantage to using Google to checkout as opposed to just using Buy.com?

I found a 2gb sd memory card that would be $4.95 after the Google discount(plus free shipping!!).

I'm not really sure why they require it, only other then convience?
I use Kodak gallery for most of my pictures, they retain my card on file, which is fine with me, bc I do a lot of purchasing through them so I don't have to go grab it everytime I do it.

cglaura
10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
It is a low cost / free for some period of time option for sellers. They don't have to pay the middle man for cc processing.

It is just like paypal having your cc info, if you use them. A friend has had Google Checkout since it first arrived, nothing funky has happened on his card or credit history.

That being said though, I'd never give them a debit visa/mc, I don't trust anyone with that. I only used a low balance card I have for internet shopping.

ETA: I rec'd my order today that I placed on Friday. Quick shipping!

ruledbymercury
10-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the info! I got The Little Mermaid special edition 2-disc DVD for just under $9!