PDA

View Full Version : Fall has arrived in Orlando! Hope it will stay awhile.

ruledbymercury
10-12-2007, 09:28 AM
As I left my house for work this morning, I FINALLY felt a distinct chill in the air! As I drove to work, I left my car's air conditioner off and actually felt a little bit cold during my drive. At long last, it seems that fall has arrived in Orlando. Just based on the way the air felt this morning, this would be a PERFECT theme park day. Makes me so happy that my husband and I decided to spring for FL Resident Season Passes to WDW this year. I can't wait to not be sweating at Disney!

Good riddance to the horrible Florida summer and HELLO COOLER MONTHS!

zoodoyle
10-12-2007, 09:35 AM
We are heading down next week, and were a little worried that it may still be pretty hot - looked like the extended forecast was calling for 80's for next week, which to us northerners is mid-summer temps! It's a brisk 45 degrees here today, and if the sun would just make an appearance, it would be nice crisp fall weather!! :sunshine2:

disney_girl
10-12-2007, 09:40 AM
That's nice to hear for those of you heading to WDW! We were there last week and it was in the 90's and humid! We are used to going to WDW/ Cruise in late October. We bumped it up to late Sept/early Oct this year because of the baby but we already decided to go back to late October for next year!

ruledbymercury
10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
That's nice to hear for those of you heading to WDW! We were there last week and it was in the 90's and humid! We are used to going to WDW/ Cruise in late October. We bumped it up to late Sept/early Oct this year because of the baby but we already decided to go back to late October for next year!

That is one of the reasons I am so happy for this brief cool snap. It has been SO hot lately! After dealing with this kind of weather since April, I'm SO ready for a break from the heat. Even just yesterday it got into the 90s. To wake up to temps in the low 60s along with a HUGE drop in humidity is a big change.

ruledbymercury
10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
We are heading down next week, and were a little worried that it may still be pretty hot - looked like the extended forecast was calling for 80's for next week, which to us northerners is mid-summer temps! It's a brisk 45 degrees here today, and if the sun would just make an appearance, it would be nice crisp fall weather!! :sunshine2:

As a former northeasterner (born in Boston), I know exactly what you're talking about. But along with the drop in temp, there will be a distinct drop in humidity over the next few days, and sometimes that alone makes a huge difference.

shades99
10-12-2007, 12:51 PM
As I left my house for work this morning, I FINALLY felt a distinct chill in the air! As I drove to work, I left my car's air conditioner off and actually felt a little bit cold during my drive. At long last, it seems that fall has arrived in Orlando. Just based on the way the air felt this morning, this would be a PERFECT theme park day. Makes me so happy that my husband and I decided to spring for FL Resident Season Passes to WDW this year. I can't wait to not be sweating at Disney!

Good riddance to the horrible Florida summer and HELLO COOLER MONTHS!

Does this mean you will be in the parks this weekend?:) Fall is my favorite time to be in Disney parks - so many extra decorations! Have you been to MK since they have lined Main Street with pumkins & fall/Halloween decorations? It's really festive!

Blessing and Miracle
10-12-2007, 03:29 PM
It has arrived here in Houston as well. Last night I didn't have to turn the air down to 65 degrees! Boy did that feel good.

You are right about being hot in Florida, It was so hot on our visit in July, I was too scared to blink for fear of starting a fire!:rotfl: I don't ever remember it being that hot up there before! The news reporters did say you all were setting heat records, and boy were they right!

nicnik
10-12-2007, 04:04 PM
I've been wondering about your weather lately, Heather! I need to get on my packing list for our trip in a week. Yikes!

I hope all is well with you. :)

ruledbymercury
10-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Does this mean you will be in the parks this weekend?:) Fall is my favorite time to be in Disney parks - so many extra decorations! Have you been to MK since they have lined Main Street with pumkins & fall/Halloween decorations? It's really festive!

We got our seasonal passes a couple weeks ago and we've already been to MK (including MNSSHP), AK, and Epcot (including F&W) twice! We're considering going back to AK this Sunday. We were going to take a weekend off, but the weather looks so good, it's hard to pass it up! Love the decorations on Main Street.

I've been wondering about your weather lately, Heather! I need to get on my packing list for our trip in a week. Yikes!

I hope all is well with you. :)

Hey there! Glad to see you around SR! The weather should be great this weekend, and most of next week too. It's cooler in the evening/early morning, but it still gets pretty warm during the day but not as humid. This weekend is supposed to be REALLY sunny, which is great after all the rain and hot weather we've had lately. Good luck with your packing and the scouting trip! Again, let me know if you need any questions answered. I know I haven't been around LJ much, thanks to work blocking the site and also spending most of my internet time here, but I'll PM you my email address and you can email me whenever.

ruledbymercury
10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I guess I lied. We're back up to highs in the upper 80s, lower 90s. I thought we had finally turned that corner into at least SLIGHTLY cooler weather. Bummer! I guess we still have a few days left of our "summer" season. :p

wilsonfamily4
10-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I am a tad jealous. We have skipped over fall and gone right to the yucky rainy winter. I sure wish we had a WDW trip planned for January liek we did last January. I am going to be tired of this weather and lusting for your Orlando sun.