PDA

View Full Version : Some people say there's a woman to blame...

dreamer13079
10-14-2007, 12:03 PM
And there is, it's all Luvmyboys fault. :) She just had to come home gushing about how beautiful the decorations were for Halloween and how cool MNSSHP looked and where did that get me?

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY NEXT WEEK!! :)

My DH and I decided yesterday that it would be fun to go to the Halloween party and do the DDP one more time before it changes. Now I have a bit of planning to do. Find some points to rent, make some reservations, etc. We're a spur of the moment family so this is normal but I am so excited. The kids can't wait to go trick or treating at Disney World.

I know it isn't fair to blame it on Luvmyboys but she is my sister and I've been doing it for years. Might as well blame her for the good and the bad. :)

coastalgirl
10-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I am so jealous. Everyone is going and I WANT TO GO!!(picture me stamping my feet like a 3 yr old! :rotfl: )
Congratulations and I hope you all have a wonderful time!! You have a lot of planning to do so ya better get busy!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

We actually have been tossing around the idea of canceling our Feb trip to go in the fall, but I don't know, I am a want it now kinda girl! :)

And yea it is ok to blame your sister, I am blame my siblings all the time!

Magical JenK
10-14-2007, 01:05 PM
That is soooo fun! Congrats & have a great trip! My dream is to some day take an impromptu Disney trip...but alas I'll settle for our annual very planned (but I love it) trip instead! But someday it would be fun to just say....let's go next week!!

Have a great trip! How long will you be there? Have you found points yet? If so, where are you staying?

Be sure to post your trip report when you get back!!

dreamer13079
10-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Coastalgirl: I love Disney World in February! That is our "normal" time that we go and it is much less crowded and the weather is tame compared to the weather here in Michigan. This will be our first autumn trip so I can't wait to see how it compares. I am also a "want it now girl" so I can relate. Heck, it's my 3rd trip down to Disney this year and I think I've been good at holding myself back! :)

JenK: We're going for 4 nights so not a super long trip but enough to get away. We're big on the impromptu trips and the kids are young enough where we don't have to worry about school yet. I think the planning and anticipation for trips are a lot of the fun though. Still working on the points. We've stayed at Boardwalk and OKW this year so we're hoping to try a different one but we'll see. Hopefully next year we'll be DVC members but we just bought a house at the end of September so it might go on the back burner. I can't believe how excited I am to go trick or treating! :)

bs4free
10-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Well have a yummy Trip and have an extra piece of candy for me!!!!

LuvMyBoys
10-14-2007, 04:59 PM
OK, I'll take the blame this time.....but only if you bring back lots of pictures!!!:p

I'm so excited to see what the Kingdom looks like for the party! I can't wait to hear how the kids like it! LUCKY!! :angel:

SunshineGirl
10-14-2007, 05:52 PM
AWESOME!! When are you going? We'll be there a week from today for MNSSHP.

dreamer13079
10-14-2007, 06:15 PM
We're going the 22nd-26th. We're going to the party on the 23rd (Tuesday) and I'm hoping that it won't be too busy with being during the week. We'll see though. We're thinking that we'll let the kids wear their costumes (Baby Donald, the rat from Ratatouille and Mulan) to MNSSHP and save ours (Donald and Daisy) for our costume parties at home.

dreamer13079
10-14-2007, 06:16 PM
If I could have found Huey, Duey and Louie costumes then I would have made the whole family go in costume. :)

You must be getting so excited. ONE MORE WEEK!!! :)

disneynut
10-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh how exciting. :cooldance: That would be cool to do a spur of the moment trip. I dont think I could convince DH though. Have fun and report back all the good stuff ,the trick or treating. :heart: :mickey: :minnie:

SunshineGirl
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
If I could have found Huey, Duey and Louie costumes then I would have made the whole family go in costume. :)

You must be getting so excited. ONE MORE WEEK!!! :)

We are getting SOOOO excited. I was pulling out all of the girls' clothes today to make sure that I have enough outfits before I make one more run to the Disney Store tomorrow for Disney Dollars. I was on the phone with my sister yesterday for three hours talking about all of the stuff that we want to do with them!

pbhall13
10-15-2007, 12:18 AM
spur of the moment trips are the best. Last Easter weekend I decided to book airfare to Orlando (got a great ding fare I could not pass up) and convinced my sister that she NEEDED to come with me and the girls (and it would be her sons first disney trip...he was 7 months) We headed down there 2 weeks later (I usually do Nov so May was a nice change) and we had a blast. I also rented points and we stayed at OKW one night, BCV 2 nights and then headed over to Poly for the last night. We had so much fun and luckily my girls love all the switching we did........hey they were at disney and had no idea about that trip..................I just picked Sydney (my 7 year old) up at school and told her we were heading to the airport to bring Auntie Mary (my sister) for her flight to Florida.............I found a talking bag (the hallmark ones) that was of Mickey Mouse and when my girls (Sadie 4 is my other one) opened it to take out a flyer I had made the card said "hey ya pal....you are going to have a great day today filled with all kinds of magical treats... they both looked a little stunned and not sure what it was all about and I then announced that we were head to the World for a suprise trip!!! They were overjoyed to say the least.......my 7 year old still reminds me that I did lie to her, but that this was okay since it was not hurtful!! (she is so darn straightlaced :angel: )

We have also been luck with our trips this year. We are headed for our 3rd in November.

Have a great time........and I know what you mean about doing it one more time before the dining plan changes.......that was my reasoning too!!:p

linanglab
10-15-2007, 06:01 AM
How fun! I wish we were a bit more spontaneous! I also would LOVE to go this time of year. We always go in July because of the kids' school and also DH work. Post lots of pictures! Have a great time. And hey...I blame my sister for things too. Because it is ALWAYS their fault! LOL