PDA

View Full Version : Coldwater Creek 50% Off Sale

SunshineGirl
10-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Coldwater Creek is having a huge sale, but you can only get to it through certain links, and we have one. YEA!!! 50% off of everything on their whole site. Here's the link to our coupon:

50% off Everything at Coldwater Creek! Sale ends Thursday, Oct. 25th. (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/leads_sales.php?aid=505)

sarah26
10-20-2007, 09:24 AM
woo-hoo!! I am off to shop.

PSL1013
10-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you...you ROCK! Saw a shirt jacket at their store last week but not in my size, just ordered it online with 50% off...what a deal! Had to have it shipped to a friend though because we will be at Disney. I normally would never order anything while away but.....could not pass this up! Now if you could only add LLBean to the shopping category I would be all set! :angel:

LauraLea
10-20-2007, 10:05 AM
aw shucks. i just place 2 over $100 orders this week to take advantage of the free shipping. well, maybe i will have to do some more shopping.

i want to place an Orvis order, but after taking advantage of free shipping from Coldwater and Land end recently, i hate to have to pay shipping. if Tricia is that awesome at getting us sales, i'll just wait until they have one.

Thanks Tricia.

Laura

spring
10-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks! Just got a dressy jacket at 50% off. I'm so pleased we now have Coldwater Creek!:sunshine:

~Kathie
10-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I placed an order a few days ago and another one today with the 50% off.

CWC called me yesterday to tell me that one of the items I placed in my previous order was no longer available. I looked today and everything I ordered in that order is now sold out. Good thing I didn't wait.

They have such great Customer Service. I had a CC issue and had to call them. They actually answered the phone after the 3rd ring. No answering machine, no recorded message........it was a HUMAN!!! Amazing.

Keep checking their website. They add new items every day.

speechteachri
10-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I have never shopped at coldwater creek before, and I have 2 questions for thos e of you who have.

1. How are they with returns? I see a couple of dresses I think I would really like, and with the sale the prices are great, but I generally try on around 25 dresses before I find one I like on me.

2. Are the clearance items included with this 50% off sale??

Thanks for any info!

Iteach
10-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I have never shopped at coldwater creek before, and I have 2 questions for thos e of you who have.

1. How are they with returns? I see a couple of dresses I think I would really like, and with the sale the prices are great, but I generally try on around 25 dresses before I find one I like on me.

Thanks for any info!

CC is awesome with returns. I have never had a problem ordering online and then returning it to the store (if you have one in your area). Sometimes I order several things knowing I'm not going to keep them all. I took a dress back once several months after ordering it online. I had not worn it, but noticed the beads were falling off just from hanging on the hanger. Took it right back. I think you will be pleased with CC items. Don't know about the 50% off of clearance items, but my guess is no. HTH

~Kathie
10-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Thanks for any info!

Pretty sure clearance items are included but I didn't order any. It does say everything on the website so that must include clearance.

Also........they are great about returns as long as you have your invoice sent with the merchandise. There is a store in Garden City, Cranston, next to Eddie Bauer. I take my returns there. The people in the store are really nice too. Always very helpful.

ETA Maybe you can put the items in your cart and see if they are 50% off. You will be able to review your order before submitting it so you will see exactly what discount you got and for what items. HTH

speechteachri
10-20-2007, 04:03 PM
CC is awesome with returns. I have never had a problem ordering online and then returning it to the store (if you have one in your area). Sometimes I order several things knowing I'm not going to keep them all. I took a dress back once several months after ordering it online. I had not worn it, but noticed the beads were falling off just from hanging on the hanger. Took it right back. I think you will be pleased with CC items. Don't know about the 50% off of clearance items, but my guess is no. HTH

Pretty sure clearance items are included but I didn't order any. It does say everything on the website so that must include clearance.

Also........they are great about returns as long as you have your invoice sent with the merchandise. There is a store in Garden City, Cranston, next to Eddie Bauer. I take my returns there. The people in the store are really nice too. Always very helpful.

ETA Maybe you can put the items in your cart and see if they are 50% off. You will be able to review your order before submitting it so you will see exactly what discount you got and for what items. HTH

thank you both for the responses! The things don't show up as 50% off in my bag, but maybe when I check out and put in the 50% code. And Kathie, I didn't know there was a store over there in Garden City...thanks so much for that info! Very helpful!!

:)

~Kathie
10-20-2007, 04:22 PM
thank you both for the responses! The things don't show up as 50% off in my bag, but maybe when I check out and put in the 50% code.

I had to put the code in before the 50% came off. AND they did it as one discount not on the individual items but I'm sure you will be able to figure it out.

And Kathie, I didn't know there was a store over there in Garden City...thanks so much for that info! Very helpful!!

:)

Been there about a year. It's at the end between Talbots and Eddie Bauer.
They don't have as much as on the website but it sure is convienent for making returns and not paying that return shipping. I love Garden City.

speechteachri
10-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I just placed my order, but it was a little difficult. Don't know if they are having a lot of traffic on their site due to the fury of activity from SR members (heehee!) or what, but as I was trying to cash out I kept getting a page telling me I was trying to access a page that was not avalable. It was kind of a hassel, but for 1/2 off, I struggled through it and got my order placed! 3 dresses, 1 jacket, 1 button down shirt, 1 tank, 1 cutting board, 1 watch and 1 pocketbook for just a little over $100.+ shipping. WOW!!!

I will have to try the dresses though and take them back if they don't fit, but knowing there is a store near and they take on-line purchase returns makes it worth paying the shipping to give them a try!

And the best part.....ALL of the things I bought came from the clearance section and they WERE all 50% off!

Thanks for posting this great deal Tricia!!!:sunshine:

marsham
10-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow, this is a great sale! not that I NEED anything, but 50% off is great.

speechteachri
10-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I like Garden City too Kathie, but I usually never make it to that end, so I have never noticed Colwater Creek over there!

Thanks again!

spring
10-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I just placed my order, but it was a little difficult. Don't know if they are having a lot of traffic on their site due to the fury of activity from SR members (heehee!) or what, but as I was trying to cash out I kept getting a page telling me I was trying to access a page that was not avalable. It was kind of a hassel, but for 1/2 off, I struggled through it and got my order placed! 3 dresses, 1 jacket, 1 button down shirt, 1 tank, 1 cutting board, 1 watch and 1 pocketbook for just a little over $100.+ shipping. WOW!!!

I will have to try the dresses though and take them back if they don't fit, but knowing there is a store near and they take on-line purchase returns makes it worth paying the shipping to give them a try!

And the best part.....ALL of the things I bought came from the clearance section and they WERE all 50% off!

Thanks for posting this great deal Tricia!!!:sunshine:

Glad to hear you had such success! I find that their sizes are pretty accurate from one style to another, and I think they are even a little generous in the sizing. Once you find your size in that store, it will be pretty similar from style to style. Hope everything fits. You got a great deal!

~Kathie
10-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I like Garden City too Kathie, but I usually never make it to that end, so I have never noticed Colwater Creek over there!

Thanks again!

You did great. I usually go to Hallmark and Eddie Bauer down that end. I have been on CWC email list for sometime now so they did email me when the GC store was opening. When they first opened, they didn't have a lot of stock but lately they have had more and more. If I return something I usually just get a gift card......I know I will always be able to find something to spend it on!! :rotfl:

~Kathie
10-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Glad to hear you had such success! I find that their sizes are pretty accurate from one style to another, and I think they are even a little generous in the sizing. Once you find your size in that store, it will be pretty similar from style to style. Hope everything fits. You got a great deal!

I agree about the sizing. It's much easier to order online now that I know what size I can take in pants, skirts, jackets, dresses etc.

jl8595
10-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Just bumping as a reminder of the sale...

They have some GREAT stuff in the clearance section - the 50% off applies to everything on the website. :cooldance:

Magical JenK
10-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow! That's a great deal! I just went to their site the other day & they have some cute dresses!! So here's a question...they have a dress I LOVE, but only in petite...now, I wouldn't consider myself petite per se, I'd wear a 10 in a regular dress...but would a petite in a dress work? I checked out the measurments & there's only 1/2 inch difference between regular & petite...but I'm wondering if it would be too short??? Anyone know??

jl8595
10-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Wow! That's a great deal! I just went to their site the other day & they have some cute dresses!! So here's a question...they have a dress I LOVE, but only in petite...now, I wouldn't consider myself petite per se, I'd wear a 10 in a regular dress...but would a petite in a dress work? I checked out the measurments & there's only 1/2 inch difference between regular & petite...but I'm wondering if it would be too short??? Anyone know??

Good question! I'm 5 feet tall...so I'm 100% petite, but often wear non petite tops. One difference you may notice (other than the dress being shorter) is that the torso/bodice of the dress may be shorter. Depending on the style of the dress and whether you tend to have a long or short torso, this may not matter. Good luck!!

shades99
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM

I remember reading somewhere that petite sizes really have more to do with overall height rather than size. I think it is 5'3" is the tallest that was recommended. I'm 5'6" and I've also found cute clothes in the past that were only available in petite and they never fit right. Like the other poster mentioned about "torso" length - that was the problem I had. Petite tops/dresses are too short through the torso for me.

Magical JenK
10-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I remember reading somewhere that petite sizes really have more to do with overall height rather than size. I think it is 5'3" is the tallest that was recommended. I'm 5'6" and I've also found cute clothes in the past that were only available in petite and they never fit right. Like the other poster mentioned about "torso" length - that was the problem I had. Petite tops/dresses are too short through the torso for me.

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know...and figured as much as it's the cutest dress ever!! I'm 5'6" as well, so I guess I'm just going to have to say no!

Thank you again!!

shades99
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know...and figured as much as it's the cutest dress ever!! I'm 5'6" as well, so I guess I'm just going to have to say no!

Thank you again!!

You are welcome! Have you thought about calling their customer service # and asking if they have the dress you want in your size available at any of their brick & mortar stores? I think Coldwater Creek is capable of looking at their store inventories and finding specific items at their stores. The only thing is that the store may or may not have the item at 50% off. I "think" they can either do a special order request where they request the item from the store to be shipped to you - and/or give the store phone number where they see stock available and you call the store directly & pay for the item over the phone and the store will ship it to you( I HIGHLY recommend that you call the store yourself so you get the item while it is available). Some stores may tell you they can only take the request from another one of their stores, and if they do this - just try a different store. I've found several items on clearance like this in the past. I usually get 4 or 5 phone numbers of various stores when I do this, just incase I need to call that many to find the item. Good luck!

~Kathie
10-22-2007, 11:23 PM

I wear petite and regular clothes. I'm just 5'. If I buy petite jackets the sleeves are perfect. Regular.....I have to have the sleeves shortened. Same with dresses & skirts. Pants I have to have shortened no matter what!! If you are 5'6" the petite will be too small for you.

Good idea to call the stores. The stores have different sales and inventories than online. You might just find what you are looking for!