PDA

View Full Version : logging in constantly

lfrye39114
05-12-2010, 11:58 AM
My id and pw are always saved on my computer as I am the only one who uses it.. Every time I go to the websight I still have to click the log in. In the past I usually only had to do it if I had shut down my computer. Other wise at the most only once a day. Now its all the time. I realize this isnt that big a deal but if there is something I can do to stop this, I would like to know. thanks, Linda

mmm611
05-12-2010, 12:03 PM
What browser are you using? - Firefox, Internet Explorer, or something else? I had a similar problem after an update installed and was able to play with my settings to fix it. Out of curiousity, it is just SR you have this problem with or is it happening with all sites?

If you can tell me your browser, I'll see if I can figure out a solution. If you're clearing cookies, that will make it so you have to log in again, but that should only happen the first time you visit a site after clearing them.

lfrye39114
05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I use firefox and it did recently update but it was doing it before that. I also have vista. No I am not having any problems with any other sights. the have me click log in about once a week, some dont have be do it at all unless I delete cookies. thanks:cooldance:

mmm611
05-12-2010, 12:15 PM
All right, I can't find anything in my settings right now, but I have since switched to Windows 7. When it happened before, it was on XP.

If it's the forum, there is a box to check when you log in to stay logged in. Make sure that is checked. You have to recheck that every time.

My problem was also in Firefox and I believe what I did was I went to Tools, then Options and I looked around until I found something that said the logins were only being saved until Firefox closed. I changed that to until I clear cookies or some similar setting and didn't have any more issues after that.

I'm sorry I can't help more.

sunshinecindy
05-12-2010, 01:01 PM
After reading this, I went into my Firefox tools, options, privacy and then selected remember history and that seems to be helping me stay logged into the forum. I was having trouble before with this.