PDA

View Full Version : Disney GC and MNSSHP?

SunshineGirl
05-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Has anyone been able to use gift cards to book MNSSHP? That's one of my tasks for today.

Soccer Princess
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I haven't tried yet, but I was planning to do so for MVMCP tickets. I wouldn't think it would be a problem since they will use the gift cards for room payment over the phone. Post back and let us know when you get a chance Tricia! :)

The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes they let you use the disney gift cards over the phone. You read the number on the back of the card. The only glitch is you can only use two cards per transaction. So you'll want to pull out the two cards that will cover it or call back a few times. I wanted to get rid of a few $25 dollar cards and found that bit of info out yesterday.

I just love love love (did I say LOVE enough yet) the fact that I paid for our tickets with reward money. It was fun and I know it's silly but i'm proud of myself! lol!

Soccer Princess
05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Good to know they will take them! I told myself we weren't going to MVMCP unless I earned enough "extra" (on top of DDP money) and I did! :) I totally know how you feel Chesire Cat!

That stinks about the 2 gift card limit though :( Is that just for special event tickets or for room/package payments as well? Hopefully they will change that in the future!

The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Good to know they will take them! I told myself we weren't going to MVMCP unless I earned enough "extra" (on top of DDP money) and I did! :) I totally know how you feel Chesire Cat!

That stinks about the 2 gift card limit though :( Is that just for special event tickets or for room/package payments as well? Hopefully they will change that in the future!

You know - I don't know. When I called I ended up with option like 6 special events, ticket sales, etc. and I didn't ask that question. If I would have thought of it I would have!

Also it was two cards total. Didn't matter if it was two gift cards or credit cards. I thought that was strange.

Soccer Princess
05-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Hmm.. even credit cards? Disney is always weird about things, so I don't know why I'm surprised lol! I'll just pull out the bigger cards to use then. Thanks for the heads up!

The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Yep two cards period. Didn't matter what two or mix you picked but she said the computer would only take two and that is exactly what I did. I had a $100 GC and pulled that one out. It wasn't a big deal but I wanted to really get rid of the smaller ones first instead of carrying so many in my wallet. I wonder if they can condense them for me in wdw?

~Kathie
05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Yep two cards period. Didn't matter what two or mix you picked but she said the computer would only take two and that is exactly what I did. I had a $100 GC and pulled that one out. It wasn't a big deal but I wanted to really get rid of the smaller ones first instead of carrying so many in my wallet. I wonder if they can condense them for me in wdw?

I don't think they will but you can always ask. I emailed that question using the link for gift card questions on DisneyShopping. They emailed back and told me only 2 cards per transaction on DS and I couldn't take my GC's to a Guest services at WDW and have them combined. On DS however......it does say the GC's can be reloaded.

The Cheshire Cat
05-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't think they will but you can always ask. I emailed that question using the link for gift card questions on DisneyShopping. They emailed back and told me only 2 cards per transaction on DS and I couldn't take my GC's to a Guest services at WDW and have them combined. On DS however......it does say the GC's can be reloaded.

Ahh Thanks for asking. It probably would have been a pain to condense all of them anyhow! I keep forgetting they can be reloaded!

missymagic
05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Good to know after I have enough for park hooper #2 I will work on saving for MVMCP tickets

lenzs4
05-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Does anyone beside Disney sell MNSSHP tickets - I would like to get rewards when I buy them!

SunshineGirl
05-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Good news if you are DVC. DH called the other day to get DVC member discounts on our MNSSHP tickets and they let him use 3 gift cards!

bbangel
05-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Glad I saw this thread as I am ordering my tickets today and now I can use one of my gift cards!

Just to let people know that the CM I had didn't know how to use the gift card to pay for hard tickets. I insisted I knew people who had done and she put me on hold for a bit to ask people how to do it. If you get a clueless CM just tell them they are supposed to use the corporate card space and you should have no problems.