PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Blessing and Miracle
05-14-2010, 06:06 PM
For some wierd reason my computer has been shutting down in the middle of a survey. It's normally the first one of the day. Then I get a message saying something about Yahoo and it prompts me to allow it to do something. I've always clicked cancel, but it's really getting on my nerves. Especially, when it seems the survey is almost over.

I think that someone is trying to take over my computer with a virus. Just about everyday lately, I see a ton of back to back pop-ups showing that a virus has just been blocked. My son's laptop was hit the other day and DH had to wipe it completely clean.

I would want to die if that happen to mine as I have thousands of pictures on my laptop.

Something is going on because this morning when I logged into my email for the first time today, I saw an email sent from my email address to myself and I knew that couldn't have been right. I opened it and it only said "hi." So I immediately closed it out and performed the Malware on it but nothing was infected. Now I'm on DH's computer while I perform a full Malware scan.

Any ideas, thoughts?

m 'n c
05-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Can you do a system restore to like a week ago when everything was normal? That is usually my first line of defense when my programs don't pick anything up and I still am having issues. It can help you save from having to do a system wipe.

Blessing and Miracle
05-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Can you do a system restore to like a week ago when everything was normal? That is usually my first line of defense when my programs don't pick anything up and I still am having issues. It can help you save from having to do a system wipe.

Don't know how to do that. I'm gonna have to wait on DH to come home. I'll get him to try that. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

Blessing and Miracle
06-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Finally found out the problem on this one. Yahoo kept trying to update my computer and change my browser to Yahoo. I went ahead and allowed the change and now I don't have anymore problems. :D

I just hate that it was doing it in the middle of surveys. I guess that was because SR is my first stop when I get on the computer for the day.:p

speechteachri
06-13-2010, 07:52 AM
I have the same problem with Jave....drives me nuts!

You really should back up all your pictures onto discs...just in case...you can't be too careful, and you don't want to lost those precios pictures!!

Blessing and Miracle
06-13-2010, 06:36 PM
I have the same problem with Jave....drives me nuts!

You really should back up all your pictures onto discs...just in case...you can't be too careful, and you don't want to lost those precios pictures!!

Oh, yeah!!! I would just die for sure. I have the majority of them on discs. I had been fearing this for a long time, so I recently had DH go and buy me a backup drive and downloaded all of them to it. That's a big relief.

I was also out of room on my C Drive so I had no other choice and I hate the thought of deleting them. :)