PDA

View Full Version : SSI Survey Question

PSL1013
05-20-2010, 09:38 AM
I keep getting this message after filling out my demographics and I got it once when I was almost finished with a survey....is this their problem or mine? :rolleyes:

504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.

KimCh
05-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I keep getting this message after filling out my demographics and I got it once when I was almost finished with a survey....is this their problem or mine? :rolleyes:

504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.

I am getting the same thing. I havent been able to get one for the last couple of days.

PSL1013
05-20-2010, 10:07 AM
I am getting the same thing. I havent been able to get one for the last couple of days.

That's me too...nothing! Maybe they are having some problems?

StitchandPooh'smom
05-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I am getting the same thing. I even tried refreshing to see if I could get it to go through, but no luck. :computer: So I thought I'd come over here to see if anyone else was having the same problem!

memanana
05-20-2010, 10:22 AM
I got that yesterday also

m 'n c
05-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Hmm. Sounds like a server overload. I took a survey around 9:30 last night and it credited without problem so maybe try later in the day?

PSL1013
05-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Hmm. Sounds like a server overload. I took a survey around 9:30 last night and it credited without problem so maybe try later in the day?

I keep trying at all times of the day and night and I either get that error or that there are no surveys available. So, discouraging! It used to be the easiest survey for me to get when it was first available and now it's the hardest of the six for me.

MamaO
05-20-2010, 10:52 AM
For the last two days I have gotten the message that there are no new surveys available for me - and it has happened on 2 different computers at 2 locations.

marcymajor
05-20-2010, 11:07 AM
for a while today i kept getting the flag page and then the no surveys available page. tried a little later and got the time out page. just tried again and after putting in my dob all i get is a plain, blank white page. guess ssi is having some problems this morning. oh well, guess i can try again later and hopefully they will fix whatever is ailing it. good luck to everyone trying to get their ssi survey today.:sunshine:

toystoryduo
05-20-2010, 11:13 AM
I got that message at the end of a survey today. The progress bar at the top of the page said I was 98% done when it timed out on me. :( I tried refreshing the page, but then it went completely blank.

PSL1013
05-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Now all I get is the blank white page. :confused: Hopefully they can get it fixed, it's the only one that I need now to get the 6 pack! :computer:

marcymajor
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
finally got an ssi survey about an online bidding website and was 95% finished with it when i got this message:

Unexpected error

Unfortunately the link you received is not valid. We apologise for the inconvenience.

PSL1013
05-20-2010, 12:34 PM
finally got an ssi survey about an online bidding website and was 95% finished with it when i got this message:

Unexpected error

Unfortunately the link you received is not valid. We apologise for the inconvenience.

yup got that same survey a couple of days ago and at the end, the same thing happened to me...that's when all my troubles with this survey started to occur.

mjjmbnmm
05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
My dh just got with no problem, maybe it's fixed now.

cloverc81
05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I was just able to take and complete one on online bidding so maybe they fixed that survey.

marcymajor
05-20-2010, 01:08 PM
after getting the unexpected error message, i deleted the cookies and tried again for my ssi survey and i got one, finished it completely and it has already credited. guess whatever was ailing ssi earlier has been fixed and it is working now.:party:

PSL1013
05-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Finally able to get one, first one two days. :clap:

kristenrice
05-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I've had minimal luck with the SSI surveys too. I've only managed to complete 4 of them since they were introduced. I finally got one this afternoon and it has already credited so maybe my run of bad luck is over.

Now, I have to wait until about 8pm to try and get that AMP for my six-pack:sunshine:.

lanny76
05-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I got the gateway timeout message too, not long ago. But then I tried again and got a short survey which ended successfully. Hopefully it credits - as my last ones have not.

grrr - why aren't my SSI surveys crediting anymore?! I am doing nothing different than when they did credit.

SCard
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
I got the gateway timeout message too, not long ago.

grrr - why aren't my SSI surveys crediting anymore?! I am doing nothing different than when they did credit.

Me too, twice tonight with the timeout error. And now it's continuously going into the "flag page".:mad:

mellymel261
05-20-2010, 09:07 PM
I have not run into any errors tonight, I completed it at 7:23PM and still nothing credited, I have logged out, and cleared cookies and nothing. Same thing with AMP, SH and My2Cents the past 2 nights, I have been jipped on about $6 and I dont understand why :confused:

dtchgrl
05-21-2010, 04:57 PM
I"m having problems today. Completed 99% of a survey this morning, entered some of the final "classification" info and then the blank screen. Since it never credited, I just tried one againg, and essential the same thing. I got to what I think was the last question after spending about 20 minutes, then it got stuck on a white page, and then the "gateway" time out error. Grrrr.
Its not the 60 cents I care so much about...its the waste of time.

And so far nothing for me on AMP or MV, so not a very good survey day of me. Doesn't bode well for the weekend and Monday...:(

Leslie
05-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I have not run into any errors tonight, I completed it at 7:23PM and still nothing credited, I have logged out, and cleared cookies and nothing. Same thing with AMP, SH and My2Cents the past 2 nights, I have been jipped on about $6 and I dont understand why :confused:

Make sure you aren't clearing cookies until after about 10 minutes after the following hour to give it time to credit. If you clear them too soon, you won't get credit. For instance if you finish a survey at 1:30, wait until about 2:10 to clear cookies. All the surveys except for Greenfield Daily use cookies to credit. HTH.

SCard
05-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Slow day for me too. I usually am able to complete at least 2 before I leave for work. Struck out on all 6 this AM.

secretmoney
05-21-2010, 06:43 PM
My SSI credited on the 3rd hour today. I was about to try for another. Just wanted to give a heads up!

apettyjohn
05-21-2010, 07:29 PM
I had been doing my surveys in firefox and switched back to internet explorer today and got ssi to credit. April

SCard
05-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Just got this from SSI after 10 minute survey that I completed. clicked for credit and I see this:

Unexpected Error (SFC)

not happy with SSI,it's ridiculous how much time I waste on surveys that I do not get credit for.:mad:

jnorth1007
05-21-2010, 08:17 PM
what browser are you using?

SCard
05-21-2010, 08:44 PM
what browser are you using?

IE or FireFox, I have problems with SSI on both

SCard
05-22-2010, 10:47 AM
I closed FF last night opened IE and then was able to complete SSI and get the credit. HMMM... wonder if that was just luck or significant

jnorth1007
05-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Tricia posted a while back that SSI wil not work with FF. They rarely if ever credit. Actually SR is designed to be used with IE only. I realize that some things will work with other browsers but I have gotten the best results using only IE. I don't have any survey crediting issues using only IE. Try it for a week and see how it works.

SCard
05-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Tricia posted a while back that SSI wil not work with FF. They rarely if ever credit. Actually SR is designed to be used with IE only. I realize that some things will work with other browsers but I have gotten the best results using only IE. I don't have any survey crediting issues using only IE. Try it for a week and see how it works.

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot!

PSL1013
05-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Really, I missed this bit of info....I always use FF and always get credit for the SSI surveys and all other surveys for that matter, strange. :confused:

lanny76
05-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I used IE today and finally got one to credit after over a week of none crediting; funny tho,that my first 2 did credit using FF. but guess I'll stick to IE for now and see how it goes with that! -- I use IE for AMP (because it started saying 'invalid link, no support' etc in FF a couple months ago), but have had no trouble with the other 4 surveys crediting using FF. I actually prefer FF over IE, anyway, in general.

jtowner
05-22-2010, 06:20 PM
I use FF for all surveys now even with AMP, they do credit 98% of the time. I have windows 7 and IE does in 64 bit does not do anything, is not compatible with Adobe, or the flash player. I am not sure why people have issues with FF and credits, unless they re not clearing cookies which is easy in FF.

I had a problem with AMP crediting a while back, but I was using my laptop and IE for AMP. If you have windows 7 IE becomes a big problem, it is in 64 bit and the processer and you cannot remove and install IE mine being Intel is not compatible, and it just will not download any players needed to take surveys. It has IE8 and you cannot remove it and, you also can not install IE 7.

Jtowner

lanny76
05-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I use FF for all surveys now even with AMP, they do credit 98% of the time. I have windows 4 and IE does in 64 bit does not do anything, is not compatible with Adobe, or the flash player. I am not sure why people have issues with FF and credits, unless they re not clearing cookies which is easy in FF.

Jtowner

Oh, I clear cookies religiously, but SSI simply was not crediting this last week at all in FF! AMP won't even let me take them on FF anymore - so not sure how that works for others, then. :confused:

jnorth1007
05-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Sometimes things will work when they aren't supposed to but for best results you should be using Internet Explorer. If you can get things to work with using Firefox then great but then if they don't credit that is the very first reason I would look to for it not crediting. I know Tricia doesn't have issues with anything crediting and when she did SSI using Firefox they did not credit. It seems there is a high number of people who do not get credit when using FF. Does that mean you won't ever get credits? Nope it just means that you use FF to do surveys at your own risk. If they don't credit then all we can say is don't use FF. We can only suggest the best practices for getting credit. Whether or not people use them is up to them.

jnorth1007
05-22-2010, 09:32 PM
I use FF for all surveys now even with AMP, they do credit 98% of the time. I have windows 4 and IE does in 64 bit does not do anything, is not compatible with Adobe, or the flash player. I am not sure why people have issues with FF and credits, unless they re not clearing cookies which is easy in FF.

Jtowner

I also wanted to point out that while you say you have no issues in taking all of your surveys using firefox if you look at your posting history you will see that you have a very high number of posts about survey taking and crediting issues. I would suggest that perhaps Firefox is not working so well for you. Again I can only sugges that Sunshine Rewards was created and designed to be used with Internet Explorer. I used to be an exclusive AOL user and it took alot for me to finally start using only IE for SR. I still use AOL for everything else but I only use IE with SR and it is because I got tired of surveys getting hung up, timing out, giving me error messages and not crediting. Since I switched 2 years ago I no longer have crediting issues. Again it is your choice but your posting history suggests that perhaps it might be worthwhile for you to see if there is any way to use IE instead of FF. Good luck either way.

SCard
05-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Using IE tonight, absolutely no luck with SSI; continually going to the "flag page". :-)

tweety129s
05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
I've been using IE with SSI, and haven't had a credit come through yet. I've completed about 4 surveys various days, but nothing has come through yet. Haven't tried in a couple days, but i'll keep trying to see if I can get one to credit.

~Kathie
05-22-2010, 11:31 PM

I hadn't read that. I used FF tonight for SSI and received credit on the hour. Weird.

Iteach
05-22-2010, 11:39 PM
I have taken several SSI surveys in FF and all have credited. Macs, the new ones, don't have IE anymore because there hasn't been an update for Macs is several years. The only choices I have are Safari and FF.

jnorth1007
05-23-2010, 12:00 AM
As I stated, everyone is more than welcome to attempt surveys using any browser they want to. I am just relaying the information I have and the fact that I have seen several people who have not been getting credit for SSI's using FF. If you guys are getting all of your SSI's through FF and want to continue then I see no problem with it. I was merely suggesting to those who use FF and don't get all of their credits that perhaps using IE instead would help them get more credits. I don't really know what else to say about the subject except that my intention is to help and perhaps explain some of the missing credits. If yours is not one of the missing credits then you are good to go and don't need my help! I have never used FF to do surveys so the information I have is coming from people who have used it (including Tricia). I believe her post said that she had attempted three SSI surveys and none had credited using FF but then the next credited fine using something different. Again, if this doesn't apply to you and you have no other alternative but to use FF or you are getting 100% of your SSI surveys using FF then there is no issue. Keep doing what your doing. I assume when people post about issues in the forum they are looking for advice on how to fix the problem or information on why they may be experiencing the issue. These are the reasons I have passed along the information about FF. I have nothing against FF and this is not an attempt to defame FF. I am simply trying to answer a post where a person what having an issue. Good luck!

jnorth1007
05-23-2010, 12:05 AM
FWIW here is a quote of the post by Tricia about the subject on 5/15 so I don't misquote her I notice I said three surveys and she said in this post two so I stand corrected on that matter:

"I'm using Firefox and have done two SSI and neither have credited. I don't ever have any trouble get credit for anything. So we must have something blocking those cookies somehow. I'll get with the SSI people on Monday and see if they can help us figure it out. It's odd because in general we are seeing a LOT of SSI credits. In fact, it's crediting at a higher percentage than most of the other surveys. I even had a quality control question buried in one of mine that I answered correctly."

SCard
05-23-2010, 07:59 AM
I give up on SSI. Tried IE last night, ended up continually directed to the "flag page". Went to FF, complete part of a survey, directed to a different flag page. This morning, started with IE-directed to the flag page, then sorry no surveys. Next over to FF, guess what the flag page again. I have spent hours the past few weeks on SSI and maybe qualified for one survey. For me, SSI is a huge waste of time.

Glad some people are getting some credits, but not happening here.

sunshinecindy
05-23-2010, 08:14 AM
FF did have an update recently and some of you that previously used it and got credits but do not now may have possibly updated which could be the reason that it quit working for you. Sometimes its just trial and error for whatever server you are using. If you repeatedly don't get credit for certain things using one server, then switch to another and try it, simple as that. Sometimes it could be the settings on your computer, your spyware, cleaners all that stuff in conjunction with your own computer that makes the difference.