PDA

View Full Version : Crazy survey questions?!

cjnix32
05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I love surveys. Sometimes,the questions are just weird! Without getting specific on brands, etc. what are some of the strangest questions you have gotten? Don't know if this is appropriate, as I've read that advertisers, etc. check forums. But I guess this can be constructive criticism!

Got one today....asked whether or not I saw office products as sexy! Really? are you kidding me? I'm also not a big fan of the questions that ask what personal characteristics products would have if they came to life. Not a psychologist, but I just think these are dumb!

what are the weird ones you have come across?

m 'n c
05-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Mike and I have had some weird ones over the years. He recently took a survey on male grooming and it was hilarious because I was in the den watching tv and doing surveys and he was in the guest room playing XBox and all the sudden I just start reading out the statements in conversational question tones and he just went right along with it. Of course he knew it was for a survey but it was still funny.

gpp2001
05-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I find the ones that ask for my sexual orientation kind of odd! Especially when it doesn't really matter for the survey (or at least that's my perception!)

DarcyDog
05-22-2010, 12:59 PM
The questions that ask if an object would come to life as a person, what character traits would I attribute to it crack me up. Never thought to look at things that way!

mmm611
05-22-2010, 01:22 PM
The questions that ask if an object would come to life as a person, what character traits would I attribute to it crack me up. Never thought to look at things that way!

It's the same for me, but it's more due to a comment someone once made on here. It cracks me up whenever I think of it, but I always start to look for "I would run screaming in the opposite direction" when I get the question about how much I would like a particular object if it came to life as a person.

momof3lovebugs
05-22-2010, 02:15 PM
I got one one time and dh was standing over my shoulder...I started lol'ing and he said what? They were asking which celebrity of a choice of several should grow facial hair. :cool: I don't spend large quantities of time pondering that! :rotfl:
The ones that ask for the product to come to life and they preface it w/ let's try something different make me lol! It's not very different if we get asked that q all the time. ;):rotfl:

OhMari
05-22-2010, 09:32 PM
What day was yesterday, I always get it wrong and thrown off.:rotfl:

~Kathie
05-22-2010, 10:01 PM
It's the same for me, but it's more due to a comment someone once made on here. It cracks me up whenever I think of it, but I always start to look for "I would run screaming in the opposite direction" when I get the question about how much I would like a particular object if it came to life as a person.

Me too!! :rotfl:

Tonight I got a survey that asked me how much I smoke. I don't smoke and there wasn't an option or none of the above listed for that. I hadn't been asked if I smoked in any of the qualifying questions either. Weird I answered "I don't know"

speechteachri
05-23-2010, 08:40 AM

Tonight I got a survey that asked me how much I smoke. I don't smoke and there wasn't an option or none of the above listed for that. I hadn't been asked if I smoked in any of the qualifying questions either. Weird I answered "I don't know"

I have always had trouble with the "personal characteristics" of inanimate objects myself...

but I agree w/ you Kathie...It drives me crazy when a survey asks a question where there is no choice for your honest answer. I try to be very open and honest when I take surveys...so then give me enough choices so I can answer honestly, why don't you!

29apr00
05-23-2010, 08:56 AM
I got one one time and dh was standing over my shoulder...I started lol'ing and he said what? They were asking which celebrity of a choice of several should grow facial hair. :cool: I don't spend large quantities of time pondering that! :rotfl:
The ones that ask for the product to come to life and they preface it w/ let's try something different make me lol! It's not very different if we get asked that q all the time. ;):rotfl:

I got that one too!! It was hilarious because i just can't picture people that way!

the human charactstics to objects is a bit bothersome to me too. the strangest survey I got was just a few days ago. I don't think we can go into detail, but it was a pretty personal adult survey :confused: and weather conditions. it made no sense at all. :blush:

mmm611
05-23-2010, 09:19 AM

I have that same problem with the alcoholic beverages survey. Did it actually let you finish the smoking one? I usually get kicked out after answering other and "none".

PSL1013
05-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I got that one too!! It was hilarious because i just can't picture people that way!

the human charactstics to objects is a bit bothersome to me too. the strangest survey I got was just a few days ago. I don't think we can go into detail, but it was a pretty personal adult survey :confused: and weather conditions. it made no sense at all. :blush:

Yup, know exactly what survey that was!! :blush::blush::blush:

~Kathie
05-23-2010, 11:30 AM
I have that same problem with the alcoholic beverages survey. Did it actually let you finish the smoking one? I usually get kicked out after answering other and "none".

Nope......I got booted. Guess they didn't want me cause I didn't know if I smoked or not. :rotfl:

Thinking of objects as people........I don't get the point of that. No....I don't think I would like to be best buds with a CAR!!!!

PSL1013
05-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Nope......I got booted. Guess they didn't want me cause I didn't know if I smoked or not. :rotfl:

Thinking of objects as people........I don't get the point of that. No....I don't think I would like to be best buds with a CAR!!!!

Oh, I would want to be best buds with your hubby's car for sure!!! :D

I hate that survey when they ask which beverages you drink...ok, what the heck do they want to know anyway? I get that same question multiple times while trying and I never get a survey with whatever answer I give. Just answered it again a few minutes ago and bam....kicked out again! :rolleyes:

momof3lovebugs
05-23-2010, 12:24 PM

I hate that survey when they ask which beverages you drink...ok, what the heck do they want to know anyway? I get that same question multiple times while trying and I never get a survey with whatever answer I give. Just answered it again a few minutes ago and bam....kicked out again! :rolleyes:

yeah, what IS the right answer to that survey question? :p The only thing I haven't had in years and years is coffee. I have had all the other choices so i don't know what they are looking for....then there is my dh who only drinks an occasional beer and oj and he isn't the right demo either. who knows....

~Kathie
05-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Okay.....you got me there. :)

yeah, what IS the right answer to that survey question? :p The only thing I haven't had in years and years is coffee. I have had all the other choices so i don't know what they are looking for....then there is my dh who only drinks an occasional beer and oj and he isn't the right demo either. who knows....

I think it depends on what survey they have available at the time. I have had surveys on wine, bottled water, and juices. They use the same pre-qualify questions for all the beverage surveys so even though you might have answered already for one survey......they're checking to see if you qualify for a different kind of beverage. It's all a crap shoot.

29apr00
05-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I am POSITIVE that yesterday was Sunday....but apparently the survey didn't believe me. :computer:

PSL1013
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
I am POSITIVE that yesterday was Sunday....but apparently the survey didn't believe me. :computer:

Oh no, is that back again? :rotfl:

m 'n c
05-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Now we'd like to dig a little deeper and get more information about certain popular characters. But to make this work, we first have to ask a kind of long question which will probably try your patience. We're sorry about that, but it's due to a limitation in our survey software so we'll ask that you PLEASE stick with us in hopes of more fun and interesting questions to come.

I should probably run but since I am bored I am going to try and stay with them LOL

m 'n c
05-24-2010, 04:00 PM
and it gets better

We want to ask some more detailed questions about five of these characters, but we don't want to choose ones that are UNFAMILIAR (never heard of before) to you

So, which of the following characters are UNFAMILIAR to you?

This is one of the MOST IMPORTANT parts of the survey, so please read the entire list - you can't possibly know all of these because we have included some fake ones.

So do I pick familiar or unfamiliar ones?

m 'n c
05-24-2010, 04:01 PM
So I went with familiar characters and got the boot. But I gave them my opinion of the poor wording.

29apr00
05-24-2010, 06:53 PM
yeah, i got that one too., I did go with the unfamiliar characters. it was really long too.

cjnix32
05-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Ok, I am going to try to do this without actually giving it away. Just did a survey for kids. Specifically for kids 5-15. This survey gave a DETAILED description of a television program absolutely, under NO circumstances should a 5 year old watch, and my 7 year old defintely doesn't watch it! (Sunday nights, ABC, been on about 6 years.) Described all kinds of adult themes, etc. Then it asked a long series of questions about how he felt about it. I was floored! Of course, after the first set of questions, we were kicked out of it. But I was in absolute disbelief!

kristenrice
05-28-2010, 07:50 AM
I just took a restaurant survey asking me to pick which "relationship" most closely described my association with each restaurant...

My choices included "Sensuous", "Passionate", and "Spontaneous Affair", among others:rotfl:.

Um, OK, I love Olive Garden as much as anyone, but I would not consider myself in a "Sensuous" relationship with it.

mmm611
06-15-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm in a survey right now that asked me about my emotional issues relating to a product. I said I didn't choose beverages based on emotional benefits, then it asked me to elaborate on that!

mmm611
08-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I really don't understand why they ask for both your state and your zip. Doesn't your zip already tell you what state you live in?