PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers questions

mmm611
05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I've looked into signing up for WW online before, but I don't really understand what's involved. What's included in the 3 month membership? I can't justify the cost right now, but I have been considering it for a while and might consider it at some point later on.

I just looked again and all I can see is this:

The tools to follow the plan online, at your own pace.
Customized sites for men & women to meet their different needs
Over 31,000 food options, 1,500 delicious recipes and Restaurant Guides
Interactive tools to help you manage daily food choices and activities
Personalized goals based on your height and weight
Snapshots of your progress with our Weight Tracker and Progress Charts
Anywhere, anytime tracking with our iPhone App, or your BlackBerry or Windows Mobile deviceā€*
Workouts for all fitness levels and over 60 video demos

m 'n c
05-27-2010, 07:14 PM
So far what I've used this week has been the points tracker for food and activity points. I've also looked up foods from restaurants so I could plan my meals out ahead of time. There are also lots of recipes that you can find on the website and you can search those by points, ingredients, and cuisine.

There is also an iPhone app but I don't have an iPhone so I haven't used it but a friend of mine showed it to me and it looked cool.

~Kathie
05-30-2010, 11:37 PM
I use it for the point and activity tracker daily. If I don't enter my food immediately after eating I forget. It keeps me conscious that I have to watch what I put in my mouth. I count everything..even when I fall off the WW wagon.

Another thing I use often is the recipe calculator. I can put in one of my own recipes and it calculates the points. We don't eat out much because of my food allergies so this feature is very helpful.

m 'n c
05-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Oh I didn't know there was a recipe calculator online Kathie. Thanks! I have an excel program but I don't have Office on my computer yet (waiting on my brother and dad for that one) and I lose it on the work computer at the end of the week. I'll have to play around the etools site more this week.

~Kathie
05-31-2010, 11:59 PM
I really like the recipe feature too Cate. I'm one of those cooks that just 'throws ingredients in' little if any measuring. A little of this, a little of that.

There is a print function for the recipes too so once I got them in there....I printed them and now keep them in a binder.

They've updated their website and it includes a bigger variety of name brand foods (like Boar's Head cold cuts) and more Wii games.