PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day??

SunshineGirl
06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
So what's everyone shopping for this year for Father's Day? We haven't really talked about it much on SR.

StitchandPooh'smom
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Just ordered a World Cup soccer t-shirt from Adidas for my husband! :sunshine:

chipndale
06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I honestly have no clue as to what to get my Dad - he is the type that doesn't want anything and if he does decide that he wants something he will go to the store and buy it! He is sooo hard to buy for. My kids got my hubby a ladder ball game so that they can play in the backyard and I got him 2 new shirts.

m 'n c
06-11-2010, 12:34 PM
My brother and I chipped in to get my dad a Cuisinart 6 bottle wine cooler. My brother caught it on sale and I just owe him a check. It was fairly simple for us this year but usually my dad is terrible to shop for.

~Kathie
06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I bought an Omaha Steak Special for my Father-in-law. My in-laws have everything and as chipndale mentioned above if they want something, they go out and buy it.

Omaha Steaks had some good deals but would have been nicer if they offered free shipping instead of the free gifts. Shipping hurts at $16.99 an order.

I bought this package

08318 6/4 Burgers, Knife Set 1 $.00
(1 pkg.) Omaha Steaks Burgers 6/4 Oz Free
(1 pkg.) Cutlery Set W/cutting Board Free
07826 The Treat Yourself Pack 1 $59.99 $59.99
(1 pkg.) Top Sirloin Steaks 4/5 Oz
(1 pkg.) Boneless Pork Chop 4/4 Oz
(1 pkg.) Stfd Sole W/sclp&crab 2/4.5
(1 pkg.) Gourmet Franks 8/3
(1 pkg.) Chicken Breast, Bnl 1 Lb
(1 pkg.) Potatoes Stfd Baked 4/5.75 Oz

I bought DH tickets to a ballgame at Yankee Stadium on Stub Hub. The tickets were for his birthday, Father's Day and our anniversary which is next week. We're headed to NYC for the weekend. I'm looking forward to that.

My father passed away in 2001 so I just need to find something for my son and I'm done. Mmmmm.....he drinks coffee....should check for coffee deals.

TxAggies
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
For DH this year, we are going with a gift card from a sporting goods store so he can pick something out for himself. We are also including a couple DVDs of his favorite movies.

29apr00
06-11-2010, 03:37 PM
He had better love me forever as I just spent my Disney Airline ticket money on tickets for him to see White Sox vs Cubs in 2 weeks! :eek:

mmm611
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
I got my dad a GC from restaurant.com on June 1st when they reloaded everything. He gets to take my mom out to a place called The Chocolate Bar with that!

their anniversary is later this month too and I also found one of the Italian places they like on there when I ordered the other one. They're getting that for the anniversary.

PSL1013
06-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm not shopping for anyone...no one to shop for and I refuse to buy my husband anything because he is not MY father, no idea what my son is getting him but they are both going to the Nascar race in NH at the end of the month, so maybe he will find something race related for him to wear? :D

speechteachri
06-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Well we just bought kayaks for all of us to use at our pond. My dh bought his first and his comment was...what about if "we" buy "me" a kayak for Father's day. he has been wanting one for a while, and has been doing some extra free lance work, so I agreed...that one purchase has turned into 3 kayak purchases in the past 2 weeks, but we are already enjoying them! Since we bought the kayaks though, I just bought a Willowtree figurine of father and daughter for dh. I have a mother and daughter one, so now he will have one too.

I'm not sure what to do for my dad, since he already has everything. Usually we get him gift certificates to the local nursery so he can buy plans since he loves to garden, but he has already bought all his stuff...I was thinking a canvas made from a picture of my dd and my dneice and dnephew would be nice, but I haven's been able to coordinate with my ds to get together to do pictures....not sure what we will do.

~Kathie
06-12-2010, 12:50 PM
He had better love me forever as I just spent my Disney Airline ticket money on tickets for him to see White Sox vs Cubs in 2 weeks! :eek:

Crazy how expensive MLB tickets are huh? The tickets I bought for the Yankees game in NYC are counting for his birthday, our Anniversary and Father's Day. They cost more that half my dining budget for 7 of us at WDW in October. :eek:

I just bought a Willowtree figurine of father and daughter for dh. I have a mother and daughter one, so now he will have one too.

I love those Willow Tree figures.

Alice28
06-12-2010, 07:20 PM
I got my DH a mug from Vistaprint with a photo from our Hawaii trip on it. I also ordered him a Jim Shore patriotic Donald from ebay.

I got my dad some books. :)

SunshineGirl
06-14-2010, 01:54 PM
My husband had better not be reading this. Seriously. SunshineGuy, if you are reading, close it or you will ruin what little surprise you have left for Father's Day!!!

Now.....

I ordered Nuts on the Net for my stepdad. Can't go wrong with those. For my FIL, we got him a new rain jacket as a combined Father's Day/Birthday Gift.

For my husband (I mean it, SG.....don't look!!!)....

He desperately needs a new weed eater and doesn't want to spend money on one. I didn't want to get him that for Father's Day but I finally gave in. So I also got him a chess set because he has been talking to DD9 about teaching her how to play for a long time. It's a combination chess/checkers/chinese checkers. I figure that they will enjoy at least one of those.

mjjmbnmm
06-14-2010, 02:34 PM
mine is getting a new grill

fanofree
06-14-2010, 09:09 PM
After many conversations, my mother, daughter, brother and I all kicked in(much more then we would usually spend for Father's Day) for a Home Depot gift card. We want Dad to get a riding lawn mower. He turned 76 on his last birthday and doesn't understand the concept of "slowing down." He may not agree with our choice, so wish us luck.

I only bought it last night, it is already in pending and I am now less then $3.00 from SM status. :sunshine: