PDA

View Full Version : CyberCucina Forum Fun!!

SunshineGirl
11-02-2007, 10:25 AM
We didn't get around to this yesterday because of all of the new monthly stuff that was starting, but we wanted to get to it today. :)

Throughout the day, we will be running a series of small contests highlighting one of our merchants, CyberCucina.com. They have been kind enough to donate some flavored Chai Teas for prizes. YEA!! In addition, Cindy will throw in a little SR surprise with each shipment.

The first contest will start in just a bit. Keep your eyes open!

coastalgirl
11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
:cooldance: :cooldance: :cooldance:

Arky
11-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Guess I won't go do that laundry now!:angel:

Hedy
11-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm excited!
What do you Cyber Cucina lovers get from CC? Because of their name, I'd looked for food from Mexico on their site but was unsuccessful.

bs4free
11-02-2007, 11:09 AM
WOOT I love little contest! and Forum games. WOOT!

Alice28
11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
YUMMY- prizes from CC sound terrific!

wilsonfamily4
11-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm excited!
What do you Cyber Cucina lovers get from CC? Because of their name, I'd looked for food from Mexico on their site but was unsuccessful.

syrups for drinks. They have flavors hard to get in stores. I also got some nutella and other things. I wanted to try some hot chocolates but they were out of stock when they came to shipping to me, so I need to try again.

m4travels
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I LOVE looking at Cyber Cucina, unfortunately we were so poor that we never had cocoa / hot chocolate at all. I'm just not able to enter the contest so I thought I would post my experience here.

Living in the far north it was always cold, but the best mom and dad could do was to boil the bark that they harvested every fall from the maple trees that were in our neighbor's yard. Of course since they weren't our trees they had to do this in the dead of night. Do you have any idea how cold it is in the dead of night??? Without shoes or boots for the snow my father's feet took on the look of a sasquatch, horrible, simply horrible.

Once the bark was boiled down to get rid of all the bark beetles, they were able to strain it and pour the murky liquid into our cracked cups. Well, actually there were only 2 cups for the six kids. With the cracks half-way up the side of the cups one brother would have his mouth open under the cup while the oldest brother (me) would drink the normal way. See, the boys had their cup and the girls had their cup. We couldn't risk the cooties from each other. Once I had my allowed two sips, I would give it to brother number 2 while number 3 then positioned himself under the leaky cup trying to get anything he could knowing that this was a delicacy in our home. He wasn't very good at catching the drips. I miss my third brother greatly........

My sisters never told us boys how they were able to enjoy their boiled bark juice. We believe that they were just waiting for us to get weak enough so they could take over; you know how girls are....

And I get e-mails and PMs from some of you wondering why I'm like I am. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Oh, the horrors..........

Michael
Always wondering if cocoa is REALLY that much better than boiled bark juice.

Blessing and Miracle
11-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I LOVE looking at Cyber Cucina, unfortunately we were so poor that we never had cocoa / hot chocolate at all. I'm just not able to enter the contest so I thought I would post my experience here.

Living in the far north it was always cold, but the best mom and dad could do was to boil the bark that they harvested every fall from the maple trees that were in our neighbor's yard. Of course since they weren't our trees they had to do this in the dead of night. Do you have any idea how cold it is in the dead of night??? Without shoes or boots for the snow my father's feet took on the look of a sasquatch, horrible, simply horrible.

Once the bark was boiled down to get rid of all the bark beetles, they were able to strain it and pour the murky liquid into our cracked cups. Well, actually there were only 2 cups for the six kids. With the cracks half-way up the side of the cups one brother would have his mouth open under the cup while the oldest brother (me) would drink the normal way. See, the boys had their cup and the girls had their cup. We couldn't risk the cooties from each other. Once I had my allowed two sips, I would give it to brother number 2 while number 3 then positioned himself under the leaky cup trying to get anything he could knowing that this was a delicacy in our home. He wasn't very good at catching the drips. I miss my third brother greatly........

My sisters never told us boys how they were able to enjoy their boiled bark juice. We believe that they were just waiting for us to get weak enough so they could take over; you know how girls are....

And I get e-mails and PMs from some of you wondering why I'm like I am. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Oh, the horrors..........

Michael
Always wondering if cocoa is REALLY that much better than boiled bark juice.

Michael, although your story is sad, it's good! have you ever thought about writing? Seriously, I thought I was reading an insert from a novel. You left me wanting more!

jnorth1007
11-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the baking kits for children. I have gotten the princess cookie kit, the wizard cookie kit, the lemonade kit and the kids cooking utensil kit. I noticed they have several new ones now. I think there is ice cream sundae kit, pizza kit and a few more. Very nice kits. I ordered mine as Christmas gifts and now I think I will go order some of the new ones.

m4travels
11-02-2007, 12:30 PM
You left me wanting more!

Oh, there's more, volumes more. The kids from the Lemony Snicket books have NOTHING on my family.

Michael

coastalgirl
11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Michael you are just too funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

m4travels
11-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Michael you are just too funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I truly believe that one MUST try and make people smile. Not everyone will appreciate the attempt, but hey, I'm sitting at work going: I REALLY should do the payroll checks, but I can do those later! Let's see what kind of trouble I can get into with SR!

M

ETA to jnorth1007: Thanks for the note on the other thread, Janet. I won't post on that thread as I don't want to take anyone else's chance to win just by adding in my own comment over there! You know how those random picking things are!!

Blessing and Miracle
11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh, there's more, volumes more. The kids from the Lemony Snicket books have NOTHING on my family.

Michael

You should seriously think about writing a novel.