PDA

View Full Version : Magazines.com

disney_girl
11-03-2007, 07:36 AM
I was excited to see the increased % for Magazines.com this week!! I wanted to get a few subscriptions and 30% back is AWESOME!!! They also have $5 off and free shipping!! I was able to get 4 monthly magazine subscriptions for $30 plus $9 back!! :cooldance:

I have used Magazines.com before and was very pleased with their selections and customer service! Magazine subscriptions would make a great Christmas present for that person who has everything! I'll probably be placing another order for a couple of presents in a few days.

If you are in the market to renew or get a new subscription, check out their site! :)

jollytammy
11-03-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm sitting here thinking, "who can I give a magazine subscription to for christmas so I can scratch them off my christmas list". This deal is awsome, thank you!!!!!:cooldance:

m 'n c
11-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Hmm I need to check out their list. I am going to let a few of my mag subscriptions run out and try some other mags instead. Off to see which ones they have.

Soccer Princess
11-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow sounds like a great deal! I might pick some up for gifts and myself as well! :)

Soccer Princess
11-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Okay, so give me ideas for good deal magazines for my DH -25, me-23, and my Grandpa-80. lol

m 'n c
11-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Okay, so give me ideas for good deal magazines for my DH -25, me-23, and my Grandpa-80. lol

Well being that I see you down in the get fit section I'd recommend shape and/or self if you don't already have those.

DH - my brother and then Mike love ESPN the mag much more than sports illustrated and there is no swimsuit issue with ESPN ;)

Grandpa - hmm tough one. Does he have any hobbies?

arob414
11-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I was excited to see the increased % for Magazines.com this week!! I wanted to get a few subscriptions and 30% back is AWESOME!!! They also have $5 off and free shipping!! I was able to get 4 monthly magazine subscriptions for $30 plus $9 back!! :cooldance:

I have used Magazines.com before and was very pleased with their selections and customer service! Magazine subscriptions would make a great Christmas present for that person who has everything! I'll probably be placing another order for a couple of presents in a few days.

If you are in the market to renew or get a new subscription, check out their site! :)

Wow!!! Off to buy more magazines! Really glad we didn't sell magazines with the Girl Scouts, this year.

Soccer Princess
11-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Okay is it $5 off per magazine or per order? Can you use the $5 off on more than one order?

arob414
11-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Okay is it $5 off per magazine or per order? Can you use the $5 off on more than one order?

There are certain magazines that are $5 off, I think when you click on the link (at SR) it will take you to the list. I used this, last month, to get Southern Living for my mom for Christmas.

mum4jenn
11-03-2007, 11:17 AM
THe $5 off is for a certain selection of magazines...not all of them.

I ordered Southern Living. I used to get it all the time but it got So expensive I had to drop it a few years ago. When I ordered it I got (I think) Ladies Home Journal for only $7!! So 2 magazines for a year for only $21.95 and I will get around $6.50 for SR!!

I also orderd a Santa Letter for my dd on the offers page so I will get $4.75 back for that!!

arob414
11-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I think between other orders and today, I have now officially ordered every tween magazine available. LOL That should keep DD12 busy for quite awhile. Bummer, Disney Adventures is gone. DD9 liked it, she reads great, but doesn't like to read so I really likes being able to order this one for her. I have ordered M and several other teeny bopper mags, for both them. They decorate their once beautiful bedrooms with pictures of Hannah Montana and every other Disney star they can find. DD9's fave is Orlando Bloom.:love:

disney_girl
11-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Right... the $5 is off of certain magazines. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I ordered Family Fun and Parenting and got $10 off of those 2 using that code (then I added a couple of more mags). Those 2 subscriptions alone were $4.97 each. If you click on the coupon on SR it does take you to the list of magazines with $5 off. I think I just lucked out in picking 2 on the list lol.

All of these are not of the $5 off list (the ones highlighted are), but are some suggestions:

For Parents: Parenting, Parents, Family Fun, Wonder Time
For Kids: Disney & Me, National Geographic for kids, Disney's Princesses
Health/ Sports: Women's Health, Shape, Self, Golf, Sporting News, ESPN
Cooking: Cooking Light, Everyday with Rachel Ray

They have a very long list of titles available!

Candi
11-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I just ordered Outdoor Life and Field & Stream for my dad for a total of $10. I also ordered Family Fun for myself, my brother and his family and my two sisters and their familes. Family Fun was only $4.95. I got 6 subscriptions for a total of $29.80. That is a great deal. Plus, I earned about $8.94 in shopping credits.:cooldance:

Blessing and Miracle
11-03-2007, 03:19 PM
This is a great offer. I always buy magazines as Christmas gifts for my nieces and of course my children. They love them. I'd already place my order last month, but I'm not missing out on this special! I have to get something for myself.

DisneyMa
11-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I ordered 3 subscriptions for $30 and made $9 SR rewards. Not too bad since I wanted to pick up some magazines for DH anyway. Thanks for the tip!!

DisneyMa
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
can't wait for them to credit!! i went ahead and placed an order for my mom for christmas. thanks to the op for the tip:D

tinad171972
11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I just ordered People Magazine for a year, it costs alot, but I really like this magazine. It was 116.97 but with the 30% back thats 35 bucks back. Its a great deal.

SunshineGirl
11-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Holy smokes. I just ran one of our shopping credit imports. You all have been ordering some MAGAZINES, haven't you?? $600 in Magazines.com commission pending in 3 days. Looks like they are coming through really well.

Mandi
11-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Yay! I see mine came through. Seeing it makes me more confident about ordering more subscriptions. Thanks for the increase, Tricia!

disney_girl
11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, we know a good deal when we see it!! Magazines really are a good gift for that person who is hard to buy for and the prices are great! So, glad credits are coming through well since I posted about my good experiences with them! :)

Tiggerific711
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
My DD wants Seventeen magazine but it's not on the $5 off list. Will I still get the credit (not the $5) if it order it through the SR link?

DisneyMa
11-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I believe you get SR credit for any purchase on magazines.com through the SR link.

schachteles
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
My credits showed up this morning...and should post today!! WAHOO!! I ordered Highlights for my DD and Men's Health for my DH, both of them were valid to get the $5 off. I am going to go back on tonight and see if there are more out there to get. I looked at some scrapbooking mags, but the ones that I checked out weren't able to be used with the $5 off.

disney_girl
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
As long as you use the SR link, you will get the 30% back regardless- it doesn't have to be the $5 off subscriptions!

Hedy
01-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Did all renewals you processed through Magazines.com go through ok?

~Kathie
01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm glad you bumped this up. DH wants some magazines for the restaurant and I was looking at Magazines.com and Magazinequick.com.

Seems people like Mag.com better?? Maybe the 30% off had something to do with that??

Appreciate your thoughts if you have used either one. Thanks!

nicnik
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I bought 4 subscriptions during the 30% back bonus in November or so. Three were for me & the first issue of each have arrived. One was for MIL & it hasn't started yet but that one is every other month & is printed in the UK so I don't think it's a problem. So far so good with magazines.com!! :sunshine:

m 'n c
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I also bought about 5 mag subs back in Nov and all have started without any problems. I have been using mags.com for about 3 years now and have never had a problem. I highly recommend them. I have not tried the other site so I can't really vouch for them.

Blessing and Miracle
01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
I've tried both and I would recommend Magazines.com!!!!!!!!!!!

~Kathie
01-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info!! Off to order!!!! :cooldance: