PDA

View Full Version : New Offer: DegreeFinder.com

SunshineGirl
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Just loaded a new offer called DegreeFinder.com. The advertiser says that it is a high converting offer. Give it a shot and let me know how it works. It should credit within 1-2 hours.

PSL1013
06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
I tried it but I wasn't real sure on what else to do with it besides putting my email address in....not very hopeful but my fingers are crossed. Never got a confirmation email either?

jnorth1007
06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I did it. I requested information from University of Phoenix about their Master's Degree in Human Resourcew Management and also their Human Resource Management Certificate program. I graduated in 2007 with a Human Resource Management Degree and have always wanted to take it further but three kids under 8 doesn't leave a lot of time for traveling to campus. Especially since the closest college is 30 minutes away.

saffymom
06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I did it around 3pm and it just credited!:cooldance:

PSL1013
06-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I got it too! :clap:

jnorth1007
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I got mine on the second hour! YAY!!

SCard
06-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Paid Signup: DegreeFinder.com 0.50 Credits 06/28/2010 Paid

about 1.5 hrs after I signed up

secretmoney
06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Got mine!

29apr00
06-28-2010, 09:23 PM
i'm so bummed......it didn't work for me.

cjnix32
06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
I got it too! :banana:

Hawleys
06-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Worked for me. :cooldance:

OhMari
06-29-2010, 11:41 AM
nada, do you have to put in anything after the e-mail?

lswheatly
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Nothing for me

jnorth1007
06-29-2010, 02:00 PM
HOLY COW! I did this one and requested info from University of Pheonix. I gave them my home phone number. Well they never called the house but I did get a call yesterday afternoon on my cell phone. When he identified himself I asked how he got my cell phone number and he said it was "in the system". I asked that they not call my cell phone since I only answer that if I am not home and I can't listen and discuss while I am not home. He agreed to mark my account not to call the cell and said he couldn't help answer my questions about the program I wanted (so why call me then? I gave them the exact info of the program I wanted more info on) he said he would have the person who handles that call me today in the morning at the house number. I am sitting at home in the bathroom no less and my cell phone was ringing in my purse and my 5 year old answers it and brings it to me. It is 12pm (not morning) and it is another guy from UOP. They didn't even try to call my house number and once again called my cell phone which I don't know how they got. I asked the information about the program and the certificate program I was interested in and again he can't answer my questions !?!?!?! So why call me? He proceeds to tell me to look the info up online and then he will call me again tomorrow on my home phone (because I had expressed my distaste for the fact that they kept using a number I never gave them). I told him I was busy today with my kids and would look the info up online since he couldn't answer my questions and then I would get back to them. He asks me to pinpoint a time he can call back to discuss what I looked up. Why do I need to talk to him if I have to do all of the research myself??? I told him to call my HOUSE number on Friday and I should have looked at the info by then. I have to say I am turned off by this institution now. If these are the kind of people they have representing their school what kind of people do they have running it?? He hadn't even ever heard of the certificate program and didn't know if it was better or worse than the MBA program but said that the MBS must be "more hours and more expensive" so it "must be more credible" HUH??? Sheesh!

SunshineGirl
06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I know that other people have had good experiences with them, but I did NOT have a good experience with UoP. When Kevin and I were looking at getting our Master's Degrees, we got info from a number of schools and ended up going with University of Maryland's online program (Kevin did complete his and is happy he did!). I decided after a semester that my J.D. was enough for me and that I wanted to start a company instead (which is when I started affiliate marketing). The UoP people harassed me for over a YEAR! And just when I thought I was out of their system, they started calling again. It's almost like the people on the line pay to get leads and then get paid by UoP if they can get you to sign up. It was CRAZY!

mellymel261
06-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Didnt work for me :confused:

Hawleys
06-30-2010, 01:37 PM
HOLY COW! I did this one and requested info from University of Pheonix. I gave them my home phone number. Well they never called the house but I did get a call yesterday afternoon on my cell phone. When he identified himself I asked how he got my cell phone number and he said it was "in the system". I asked that they not call my cell phone since I only answer that if I am not home and I can't listen and discuss while I am not home. He agreed to mark my account not to call the cell and said he couldn't help answer my questions about the program I wanted (so why call me then? I gave them the exact info of the program I wanted more info on) he said he would have the person who handles that call me today in the morning at the house number. I am sitting at home in the bathroom no less and my cell phone was ringing in my purse and my 5 year old answers it and brings it to me. It is 12pm (not morning) and it is another guy from UOP. They didn't even try to call my house number and once again called my cell phone which I don't know how they got. I asked the information about the program and the certificate program I was interested in and again he can't answer my questions !?!?!?! So why call me? He proceeds to tell me to look the info up online and then he will call me again tomorrow on my home phone (because I had expressed my distaste for the fact that they kept using a number I never gave them). I told him I was busy today with my kids and would look the info up online since he couldn't answer my questions and then I would get back to them. He asks me to pinpoint a time he can call back to discuss what I looked up. Why do I need to talk to him if I have to do all of the research myself??? I told him to call my HOUSE number on Friday and I should have looked at the info by then. I have to say I am turned off by this institution now. If these are the kind of people they have representing their school what kind of people do they have running it?? He hadn't even ever heard of the certificate program and didn't know if it was better or worse than the MBA program but said that the MBS must be "more hours and more expensive" so it "must be more credible" HUH??? Sheesh!

Ugghh...I had a similar experience. I signed up online for more information and gave my cell phone number. Univ. of Phoenix called me constantly. I just didn't answer the phone and eventually (after 3 weeks or so!) they gave up. The experience really changed how I feel about giving out my phone number. I won't complete any SR offers that require a phone number. This policy excludes me from some opportunities but not as many as I expected. I'm just too scared about harassing phone calls and charges I didn't authorize. Love those totally anonymous surveys. :love:

Lorelei528
06-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Didn't work for me...got no credit. :(

PartiesByCatharine
07-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I too had a similar experience with UofP. A friend of mine is currently enrolled there and has had HUGE issues the whole way through. While the teachers and programs are good, the people running the place are clueless. One day she's told she has X financial aid and the next they take it away and she owes thousands of dollars before she can register for her final semester. At this point she's so far into the program that it's not worth it to switch now and possible lose credits, so she's dealing with them, but does NOT speak highly about them.

On a happy note, the offer credited for me! No confirmation email - took about an hour :D