PDA

View Full Version : Chatter Thread Independence Weekend Survey Contest

SCard
07-02-2010, 08:46 AM
:party::party:

Fun!!

jnorth1007
07-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Post all chatter for the contest here so we can keep the official thread to only contest posts! Thanks and Good Luck!!!

lojikal1
07-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi all!!! member since May and I've just completed the surveys for the contest. I hope I win! While I'm in here... does anyone have suggestions on how to make the big bucks??? I need Disney GCs and I keep seeing chatter about cashing out $500 GCs two or three times a year! That would pay for my entire vacation!!! How can I get to that level of moneymaking?

disney_girl
07-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi all!!! member since May and I've just completed the surveys for the contest. I hope I win! While I'm in here... does anyone have suggestions on how to make the big bucks??? I need Disney GCs and I keep saeeing chatter about cashing out $500 GCs two or three times a year! That would pay for my entire vacation!!! How can I get to that level of moneymaking?

Consistently doing the 6 surveys (or whatever you can qualify for) is a big start. The majority of my earnings are from surveys with a little shopping.

29apr00
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
ugh i'm stuck at 4!! AMP and MV are giving me nothing. :computer:

Hawleys
07-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I can't get AMP today. No dice yesterday either.

gpp2001
07-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi all!!! member since May and I've just completed the surveys for the contest. I hope I win! While I'm in here... does anyone have suggestions on how to make the big bucks??? I need Disney GCs and I keep seeing chatter about cashing out $500 GCs two or three times a year! That would pay for my entire vacation!!! How can I get to that level of moneymaking?

Shopping and surveys! If you are able to do all six surveys everyday that's $4 per day and around $120 per month - I know most people don't get all six surveys but if you at least get a couple, you can make $100, add in a little shopping and you've made $1000 in a year!

I do a lot of shopping through SR - I find that I can get free shipping on most sites that I use and that save me $$$, as it takes me 20 minutes to get to any stores!!! (except the grocery store - which I can walk to!)

Good Luck and welcome to SR!! :sunshine:

lanny76
07-02-2010, 03:25 PM
grrr, no SH available......and SSI being a pill, too. going to keep trying as I can, tho.

lanny76
07-03-2010, 09:55 AM
grrr, no SH available......and SSI being a pill, too. going to keep trying as I can, tho.

same thing w/ SH, same qualifying ?s and same result, 'unfortunately no surveys for you'. may not change since this is a holiday wkend - oh well, at least there's a chance to get the other 5! :)

marcymajor
07-03-2010, 09:58 AM
i've managed to get 4 so far this morning but mv keeps telling me there are no surveys available and i can't do amp until much later today. if i can't get 5 today i'll take my 4 and try again tomorrow. as they say tomorrow is another day. good luck everybody in getting all your surveys today.:sunshine:

momof3lovebugs
07-03-2010, 12:48 PM
3 of 6 so far but my bil's 50th bday today so not really any more time pht!

kristenrice
07-03-2010, 01:07 PM
3 of 6 so far but my bil's 50th bday today so not really any more time pht!

Same here...I got the DS, SH and SSI, but no MV's available, can't do AMP until after 11pm (that ain't happening!) and Y2C isn't cooperating...

...that, and I leave for work in an hour.

Oh well, I got the six-pack yesterday and I don't work tomorrow so there's still hope!

MdCaterer
07-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Did an AMP this morning but it has not credited :( AND it won't let me take another. I did get DS, SM, & SSI but MV and SH are not co-operating. Hopefully later today I can get them. Usually those are the easiest for me to qualify. Must be something in the air as my surveys have been giving me fits the last few days.

Alice28
07-03-2010, 06:24 PM
was able to get 5 fairly easily today, but amp isn't cooperating. Oh well, I'm good with 5. :sunshine:

gpp2001
07-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I have tried and tried and tried and just can't get an AMP or SH!!! Argghhh!!!:computer: :cry: :mad: :headache:

SCard
07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
No luck for me so far. Yesterday I had 5/6 but 2 were before 8AM. Today 4/6; can't get MV or AMP;ready to give up trying. :cry:

zoodoyle
07-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Having some trouble getting enough surveys to get into the contest :computer: But.....I really appreciate Tricia having the contest, to motivate me to at least make the effort :love: I probably would have just skipped this weekend altogether without the contest. So thank you for the opportunity! Even if I don't win (or even get to enter) the contest, my balance is going up with every survey I get!! :sunshine:

sqromano
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Having some trouble getting enough surveys to get into the contest :computer: But.....I really appreciate Tricia having the contest, to motivate me to at least make the effort :love: I probably would have just skipped this weekend altogether without the contest. So thank you for the opportunity! Even if I don't win (or even get to enter) the contest, my balance is going up with every survey I get!! :sunshine:

What a nice thought! I agree completely. I was only able to get three yesterday (it was so busy I did not have time and was not having an easy time with a couple that I did get!). Today, still busy since we are having people over tomorrow, but still got three. I am happy with seeing my account balance go up!

speechteachri
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM

I feel the same way. If there haddn't been a contest, I wouldn't have gotten a DS or AMP yesterday...wouldn't have even tried. No luck today with either MV or SH after quite a few attempts. If I have time tomorrow I will try again, but I am going to be mad busy...At least the 2 surveys I did will up my balance a little bit. :) Every little bit helps!

lanny76
07-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I have tried and tried and tried and just can't get an AMP or SH!!! Argghhh!!!:computer: :cry: :mad: :headache:

SH has nothing available for me either - I get a yellow page saying nothing is available. no MV or amp, as well. but like others said, I'm getting more than I might have tried for this wkend w/out a survey contest!

mellymel261
07-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I am having no luck with MV and AMP either time to log off for the day!:confused:

marcymajor
07-04-2010, 06:20 AM
for some reason i seem to be stuck at 4. amp and mv have nothing and have not been able to get either one since friday. oh well, guess i can try again later and hopefully one of these will add some surveys. if not, i will gladly take the 4 that i have gotten today with a big smile and just try again tomorrow. happy surveying everybody.:sunshine:

SCard
07-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Not looking good for me today either. No MV since 6AM, no luck with AMP, SSI-sent to the flag page about 12 times before it said no surveys available. :(

marcymajor
07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
i did it. with a little bit of luck and a lot of perserverance i finally got a mv this morning and got my 5. amp still has nothing for me but i will happily take the 5 surveys i got today.

lanny76
07-04-2010, 03:05 PM
SH still has no surveys for me - same ?s I check just in case, but don't think anything will change till they load more surveys, most likely after the wkend.......so, no 6-packs for me, obviously. oh well.

SCard
07-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Still no MV,AMP or SSI. I get MV and AMP maybe 5 times each/month so 5 or 6 in one day is really tough for me. I've been trying MV since 6:30AM and no surveys or the MV welcome page every time. Probably no entries in the contest for me this weekend.

mellymel261
07-04-2010, 03:45 PM
No AMP, MV or SSI for me...what is up......:confused::computer:

lswheatly
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm chimming in also. This weekend has not been good for me. I have only gotten 3 surveys each day so far. So by the awy things look, I doubt I will even be able to get 5 or 6 for that matter

lanny76
07-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Not my day, survey-wise!:( No ssi, no mv, no sh, no amp available and now the y2c I just took tells me 'it seems you have already entered this survey' after I finish it, when I haven't ever seen the survey before! grrrr And now no y2c available. Whatever. Well, at least I did get a ds, so I'll be thankful for that much!:rolleyes:

jnorth1007
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Guys the reason that there is a contest this weekend is to help spur people to keep trying to take surveys since we know it will be tough to get them with the weekend and the holiday. I know it is frustrating to not have any opportunities to try a survey but please keep trying and lets keep this thread to posts about getting surveys and not posts complaining about not getting qualified for them. Thanks and good luck!

lanny76
07-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Guys the reason that there is a contest this weekend is to help spur people to keep trying to take surveys since we know it will be tough to get them with the weekend and the holiday. I know it is frustrating to not have any opportunities to try a survey but please keep trying and lets keep this thread to posts about getting surveys and not posts complaining about not getting qualified for them. Thanks and good luck!

I'm sorry. I know the purpose of the contest and I'm glad for it; I know it's difficult to get them because of the holiday weekend. However, I think it should be ok to express a little bit of disappointment/difficulty too in the chatter thread.....since there's both rain and sunshine in SR-ing as well as life! Not that I'm a fan of negativity....but it helps a little to see that I'm not alone in my survey difficulties now. Anyway, I won't say anything more about not getting them.....hopefully I'll have a happy post about a miracle haul of surveys, tho!

jnorth1007
07-04-2010, 08:09 PM
We have explained before many times that the reason we do not allow people to complain or express disappointment about the surveys is that the survey companies frequent our boards and have expressed their distaste for working with a company that allows its members to talk badly about their surveys. It is not worth it to SR or to any of us to lose a survey all together because people are unable to qualify for surveys on a holiday weekend. While I understand your need to express your disappointment it is not going to be allowed on these boards because we do not want to lose the opportunity for all members to get to try for these surveys. We have an agreement with the companies and we intend to abide by that.

LauraLea
07-04-2010, 08:33 PM
We have explained before many times that the reason we do not allow people to complain or express disappointment about the surveys is that the survey companies frequent our boards and have expressed their distaste for working with a company that allows its members to talk badly about their surveys. It is not worth it to SR or to any of us to lose a survey all together because people are unable to qualify for surveys on a holiday weekend. While I understand your need to express your disappointment it is not going to be allowed on these boards because we do not want to lose the opportunity for all members to get to try for these surveys. We have an agreement with the companies and we intend to abide by that.

Lanny was in no way critical of the survey companies, only HER ability to qualify for a survey. I am feeling the same frustration.

I understand why SR does holiday contests, but they should rethink them. It probably does more harm for people to get so frustrated over not qualifying then to just suck it up and expect the holiday weekend survey profits to be nil.

Just my 2 cents............Laura

jnorth1007
07-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Lanny was in no way critical of the survey companies, only HER ability to qualify for a survey. I am feeling the same frustration.

I understand why SR does holiday contests, but they should rethink them. It probably does more harm for people to get so frustrated over not qualifying then to just suck it up and expect the holiday weekend survey profits to be nil.

Just my 2 cents............Laura

Seriously??? It does harm to its members to offer them a chance to win more money??? Perhaps people should lighten up and not take things so seriously when it comes to surveys? Perhaps there are more important things in life to get frustrated over than not qualifying for a survey? While you might think that the negative comments are not critical the survey companies see it as people giving them a bad name over something that can not be controlled by them. They only have so many surveys and so complaining about not qualifying isn't going to make them add more. If the contests frustrate anyone then they should refrain from participating in them. They are meant as an incentive. While you might have different ideas about how things should be run around here they are not your decisions to make they are Tricia's and she has to walk a thin line between making her members and her advertisers/survey companies happy or else we would not have all of the opportunities we have. While I see your frustrations and experience them occasionally myself I think that saying that offering contests is a bad idea on Tricia's part is a little unkind.

disney_girl
07-04-2010, 09:08 PM
I managed to get an AMP today after nothing yesterday... happened to get one on movies right after getting home from the movies. LOL:)

mellymel261
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
I got 3 out of 6....not too bad on a long weekend. I had luck with DS, SH and m2c.:thanks:

lanny76
07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Seriously??? It does harm to its members to offer them a chance to win more money??? Perhaps people should lighten up and not take things so seriously when it comes to surveys? Perhaps there are more important things in life to get frustrated over than not qualifying for a survey? While you might think that the negative comments are not critical the survey companies see it as people giving them a bad name over something that can not be controlled by them. They only have so many surveys and so complaining about not qualifying isn't going to make them add more. If the contests frustrate anyone then they should refrain from participating in them. They are meant as an incentive. While you might have different ideas about how things should be run around here they are not your decisions to make they are Tricia's and she has to walk a thin line between making her members and her advertisers/survey companies happy or else we would not have all of the opportunities we have. While I see your frustrations and experience them occasionally myself I think that saying that offering contests is a bad idea on Tricia's part is a little unkind.

I appreciated Laura's comment because I never intended any criticism of survey companies, nor did I feel that I was too negative....it is possible to voice personal disappointment without really being whiny/critical/negative! Things really aren't sunny all the time....but I guess our comments are supposed to be!:)
I don't think she meant to be unkind about the contests or Tricia's efforts either or say that the contests aren't a good idea at all.....only that people do sometimes feel compelled to try because of the incentives (which is what you want when you run a contest, naturally!) and because they want to have a chance to win, it is frustrating to not be able to enter the contest because it's hard to get the surveys.
Personally, I wasn't taking the surveys/contests too seriously or getting really frustrated about it - except for the fact that I did feel like I spent too much time in trying to get them and didn't end up feeling like it was time well spent because I didn't get them. That is of course my problem - but I did want to try. Once I posted that I hadn't been able to get some (but was glad for the one I did get!) I moved on.....decided to let the surveys be and go be with my family. I merely stated what I saw as a matter of fact statement about not qualifying, and didn't see it as a complaint or negativity.
I'm sorry if the survey companies are sensitive enough that a comment about not qualifying bothers them....I'm sorry that others are bothered by statements like that, too. And I'm sorry if this post bothers anyone, because I'm not trying to be a pita or be critical of SR, Tricia or anyone......because I do appreciate SR, Tricia's efforts to run it well, and the opportunities I have to earn money here.
Now I am going to go to bed and tomorrow is another day for sunshining!

sunshinecindy
07-04-2010, 10:57 PM

Or perhaps we should only games and contests when our members feel its more convenient for them or maybe not even at all.

BTW, if you want to feel frustration, try pleasing over 15,000 people.

jnorth1007
07-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Or try enforcing the rules on the forum and have people constantly arguing with u about how they think the rules should be or how they shouldn't apply to them! In the end this is a business and what tricia wants is what goes whether or not anyone agrees. She tries very hard to please her members and asks very little. I guess the only answer is to give infractions for posts about surveys that are not technical in nature. Sad really because my original post merely asked that the contest thread be kept about the contest and entries and not about non qualifying. Since it has now become a back and forth about how we need different rules perhaps the thread should be closed which sucks for the people who use it like it was meant to be used.

Leslie
07-05-2010, 10:48 AM
If I started a survey last night before midnight ET, but it didn't credit until after midnight ET, can I use that survey for Sunday? Or do they all have to credit for the same day? It was my 5th survey for Sunday and wanted to use it for an entry into the contest. Thanks for any help.

m 'n c
07-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I would think that you could count it for today. Does it have yesterday's date in the description line?

Leslie
07-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I would think that you could count it for today. Does it have yesterday's date in the description line?

I wanted to use it for yesterday. It is an AMP, and it does have July 5th in the description line. So, I guess I can't, right? It took awhile to complete it so I didn't finish it in time for it to post during the 10:00 PM update.

m 'n c
07-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Darn! I'm thinking it won't count. Sorry about that but congrats on the 5 surveys :)

Leslie
07-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Darn! I'm thinking it won't count. Sorry about that but congrats on the 5 surveys :)

That's what I thought, but wanted to double check. I am excited for the 5 surveys anyway! :) Thanks for your quick reply!

marcymajor
07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
thru lots of persistance and perserverance i got 5 surveys today. good luck to everyone who is trying to get their surveys. if i can do it, i know all of you can too. happy surveying everybody and have a great monday.:sunshine:

lanny76
07-06-2010, 08:35 AM
well, I only got 5 once....but I'm glad I at least got one entry in the contest, and it only takes one to win! :) maybe this will be my lucky time?!?:D:p

29apr00
07-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I was able to get 5 on friday, 6 on Satuday, and 4 on Sunday. I was so wiped out I tried one time for an AMP yesterday, didnt' get it, and just gave up on the others. Sometimes even with a great contest, you still just need a rest.

looking at the results, it doesn't seem like too many got Sunday and monday anyway, so maybe my chances are still good. :blush:

MdCaterer
07-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I wanted to use it for yesterday. It is an AMP, and it does have July 5th in the description line. So, I guess I can't, right? It took awhile to complete it so I didn't finish it in time for it to post during the 10:00 PM update.

I had the same thing happen to me with a SH survey. I started the surevy after 11 pm on July 3rd. It was my fifth one for the day, but I completed it at 4 minutes after midnight so the credit came in as July 4th. I was bummed but at least I have one entry into the contest for July 2nd. ANd I am happy for the .75