PDA

View Full Version : Has something changed?

MdCaterer
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
I am getting pop ups about surveys while I am doing surveys. The pop ups are not from any survey site I have seen before. Is this something new at SR or is my computer out of whack???? Thanks

m 'n c
07-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I think your computer is out of whack.

KimCh
07-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I am getting them too. Its been happening for 2 days. Mine is a small box that keeps poping up asking if I can take a quick survey. I keep clicking no thanks but it keeps coming back. I cant figure out how to remove it.

MdCaterer
07-09-2010, 12:18 AM
I am getting them too. Its been happening for 2 days. Mine is a small box that keeps poping up asking if I can take a quick survey. I keep clicking no thanks but it keeps coming back. I cant figure out how to remove it.

Yep, that's what I am getting and they are driving me crazy because they come with sound and music which you actually hear before the pop up pops up. I am glad I am not crazy!

KimCh
07-09-2010, 12:52 AM
I will have to turn up my sound because I havent heard the music yet. So you might be a little crazy....LOL I will let you know. :) If you figure out where its coming from or how to get rid of it please let me know. :)

jnorth1007
07-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Is it for all of the survey companies or while you are taking one companies surveys in particular? I haven't seen it happen to me and I got 4/6 of the surveys yesterday. I am wondering if you both didn't do a survey or offer that caused this.

KimCh
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
The last offer I did was the unforgettable moments offer. I had pretty much stopped doing offers quite awhile ago unless Tricia personally posted about them. I see mdcaterer had a post about this offer so maybe thats where we picked it up. They never gave me credit so I dont plan to participate. They keep sending me emails so I will unsubscribe and see if that helps. Hopefully we can keep this thread open until the problem is solved.
I will try to see when it starts up (I just got on and havent seen it yet). Yesterday I was getting it with surveys and just about anything else I was doing online.

MdCaterer
07-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I started paying attention to those pop up ads and blocking the senders and then I noticed that they were all sponsered by Gamevance ads. When I googled that name it came up with how to uninstall these adds. I was able to do it using Add/Remove Programs from my computer. It removed it and re-booted my computer so now we will see if they are gone. Hopefully that will solve the problem. YOu might check and see if you have gamevance on your computer. Hope this works!!

SunshineGirl
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
That Unforgettable Moments came directly from Greenfield, and they are usually pretty careful about their panels. But Gamevance is something that I have seen on a LOT of other Get Paid sites lately and we avoid it. I don't trust it at all. If it is coming through one of our surveys, I would definitely want to know about it.

MdCaterer
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Yours are the ONLY surveys that I do. I did join Unforgettable Moments the other day but did not get this pop up survey stuff until yesterday or the day before, but I did try to log on to their site and answer questions to try and get the SR credit so possibly... I try to get all surveys everyday I am sorry I can't be more specific. On a good note removing gamevance seems tto be working for me, I have not had a pop up ad since.

jnorth1007
07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Do you happen to do paid clicks through other sites? Paid emails? Anything besides surveys and shopping? I agree with Tricia that I have seen a lot of talk about gamevance lately and it seems to be connected to those paid to click sites. I haven't seen them associated with surveys so it would concern me.

MdCaterer
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I am a ******** member and do their paid click emails only, but I have not opened one of those in well over a week to 10 days and this just started in the last day or two.

jnorth1007
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks! Anyone else who has this happen please let us know and make a note of when it starts and what you were doing when it started.

KimCh
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
All I did was clear my cookies last night and I havent seen that pop up all day. :)