PDA

View Full Version : I Just Booked Our First Night!!

kristenrice
07-10-2010, 05:23 PM
OK, it's at HHI, but it is still the Disney Vacation Club:love:.

We own at AKV so we have to wait until September 3 to call and try to make our entire reservation, but I just booked a 1BR for Saturday, April 2.

Now, the waiting begins....

I am hoping to luck out and get a 1BR for the 3rd-7th, in which case, I'll end up cancelling the 2nd and we'll just arrive on Sunday instead. I'd love a 6-night trip, but if we get the 1BR, we can do it all on points with no cash outlay. We have enough points to do 5 weeknights in a 1BR or 4 weeknights in a 2BR.

Unfortunately, HHI only has (21) 1BR units so my chances are slim that I can get one for 5 nights in a row. I'm planning on being "stuck" in a 2BR. If that is the case, then we can only do 4 nights on points and have to pay cash for a night. So, we will then plan on arriving on Saturday (instead of Sunday) and I will change our current 1BR to a 2BR.

I was thrilled to find out that a 1BR with the member discount will only be $175! On top of that, if we end up changing it to a 2BR, the cost is only $200! I was budgeting $300 for our cash night so this is awesome:love:.

dwkay8
07-11-2010, 06:52 PM
:cooldance: There is nothing like the satisfaction of making DVC reservations! You get all excited waiting for the day to come, wondering if you'll get what you want. Hope you get a little Disney magic and can get the room you want :)

kristenrice
07-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I called back yesterday and changed it to a 2BR. I figure that one of two things will happen....

...A) We'll get our 1BR for five nights and I won't need a Saturday night stay anyways (I'd like one, but if I can get 5 nights on points, there is no need to shell out more cash to make it 6.)

...or B) We'll have to take a 2BR for 4 nights on points in which case I will want a 2BR (not a 1BR) for our arrival night. Yes, the 1BR is $25 cheaper, but I do not want to have to switch rooms after one night. I don't mind doing a switch at WDW since we are rarely in our room during the first few days anyway, but not at HHI. I am afraid that it will be pouring rain on our "switch" day and we'd end up without a room for 5 hours:rotfl:.

I also booked hotels for our drive down and our drive back:sunshine2:. On the way down, I'm planning on stopping in Gatlinburg, TN. I found a nice looking Fairfield Inn that totals $73 for the night with the AAA rate. Perfect, since I have a $75 Marriott GC (from that other rewards site:blush:). On the way home, I booked us in a Hyatt Place near Lexington, KY which comes to $123 with the AAA discount. Perfect again! I have $100 in AMEX rewards that I can combine with my $25 Hyatt GC (from "somewhere else") to cover that room.

Now, the waiting.....:type: