PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for shoes?

momof3lovebugs
07-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Hello all...need some suggestions for tried and true shoes. With the possibilty, however, slight in october, for rain in orlando, thinking I may want to pick up some water type shoes for the family so we don't have to worry about soggy tennies!
I have been looking at teva and that type of style but man! are they pricey! Do we really need them for a 10 day vacation? Is there somewhere (preferably here but I am not above not shopping here if I can get a screamin' deal elsewhere) i can find some decent walking but weather resistant shoes? tia for any suggestions! :sunshine:

3dog2kidmom
07-13-2010, 07:41 AM
I love my Crocs athens sandals. They weren't too expensive, are super comfy, and at the end of the day my legs and hips don't ache when I wear Crocs as they do when I wear even my best walking sneakers. I've never worn Teva's so can't speak to those.

I usually rotate and wear the athens one day, regular crocs one day, and tennis shoes one day.

secretmoney
07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
I wear crocs too. I do have to wear socks with them though. I know it's not very fashionable, but it works!

jnorth1007
07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I also swap off tennis shoes with Crocs Athens (I have 6 pairs of Athens and have loved every one of them!). I also have some new Crocs I might bring this time. They are little flats that almost look like slip on tennis shoes (I have the white with navy stripe on the sole) they kind of remind of Keds but they are made of the same material as regular crocs. They look cute and are comfortable and won't get soggy. I got mine at Shoebuy and I am actually thinking of getting some other colors for the trip.

disney_girl
07-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Another vote for swapping Crocs Athens with tennis shoes. They were very comfortable and my feet didn't hurt after walking in the parks from early morning until late night. The Crocs are definitely great if there is a chance of rain.

sunshinecindy
07-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I live in Crocs, whether its for casual or dress. They have so many new styles and are all so comfortable. I have horrible feet, lots of bone spurs, and the crocs certainly keep them a lot more comfortable when I'm on them long term.

momof3lovebugs
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
thanks all! I think of crocs as those plastic shoes that all the kids are wearing! :rotfl: I will have to check into them!
Now, which sunshine merchant?? :D

sunshinecindy
07-13-2010, 12:48 PM
thanks all! I think of crocs as those plastic shoes that all the kids are wearing! :rotfl: I will have to check into them!
Now, which sunshine merchant?? :D

Take a look at Crocs and the list of their coupon codes I just put up in the coupons thread in the forum

MKCP84
07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I have Teva's that I wear at WDW which are really comfortable and great for rainy weather. I got mine through Sierra Trading Post which has good prices.

SunshineGirl
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
I like both Shoebuy and Crocs for my Crocs. And they both usually have coupons. Shoebuy is always free shipping. Not sure about Crocs.

I alternate between my Crocs and my tennis shoes. And I do NOT like those big ol' honkin' crocs that I know lots of other people love. :) My feet are big enough already without squaring them off at the toes. But I love the ones that are more like Mary Janes or Ballet Slippers.

momof3lovebugs
07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I like both Shoebuy and Crocs for my Crocs. And they both usually have coupons. Shoebuy is always free shipping. Not sure about Crocs.

I alternate between my Crocs and my tennis shoes. And I do NOT like those big ol' honkin' crocs that I know lots of other people love. :) My feet are big enough already without squaring them off at the toes. But I love the ones that are more like Mary Janes or Ballet Slippers. We were just looking at the crocs.com site here....they have the athens kids on sale so I was thinking of grabbing a couple pairs of those but there were people who were saying they run small? :confused: What do you think?
I also don't like the crocs that most people think of when you say crocs. I need them to be super comfy and have the water friendly option. Do all crocs kind of behave the same, as in, are they all good for water?
We won't be wearing socks with sandal type shoes, so they have to be comfy and not cause blisters.
Tevas are so darned expensive. I know they are good quality but holy cow!

mmm611
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
I like getting my Crocs from Shoebuy. As long as you don't need them right away, they usually run 20% off sales each weekend. I usually pick out whatever I want and then wait for Sat or Sun to order.

momof3lovebugs
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I like getting my Crocs from Shoebuy. As long as you don't need them right away, they usually run 20% off sales each weekend. I usually pick out whatever I want and then wait for Sat or Sun to order.

the kids ones at crocs.com are only 9.99 though...that is pretty good, right? on shoebuy they were much more....

fourfoxesinpa
07-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Hello all...need some suggestions for tried and true shoes. With the possibilty, however, slight in october, for rain in orlando, thinking I may want to pick up some water type shoes for the family so we don't have to worry about soggy tennies!
I have been looking at teva and that type of style but man! are they pricey! Do we really need them for a 10 day vacation? Is there somewhere (preferably here but I am not above not shopping here if I can get a screamin' deal elsewhere) i can find some decent walking but weather resistant shoes? tia for any suggestions! :sunshine:

I got my Tevas at Sierra Trading Post for less than $30. Money well spent. Those long days in the parks kill the dogs. They dry fast and are extremely comfy.

fourfoxesinpa
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I alternate between my Crocs and my tennis shoes. And I do NOT like those big ol' honkin' crocs that I know lots of other people love. :) My feet are big enough already without squaring them off at the toes. But I love the ones that are more like Mary Janes or Ballet Slippers.

Hahahaha...my kids call 'em Fred Flintstone shoes. :rotfl:

disney_girl
07-13-2010, 11:07 PM
I do not like the "normal" Crocs either. They are fine on my kids, but aren't for me. I do love my Athens though!

momof3lovebugs
07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Well I bit the bullet and ordered mary janes called 'gabby' (which is my dd's name!), two athens for kids and a traditional pair for ds. Held off on me b/c the athens weren't on sale....must check out sierra trading!! thanks!:thanks:

secretmoney
07-14-2010, 06:24 AM
I hated the look of "original" crocs too---until I tried them. My sneakers gave me such huge blisters at Disney and those crocs were like a little piece of heaven. I'm fortunate enough to have an outlet about 10 minutes from my home. The original style is the the only one that fits my feet. I just bought Tevas at the Ugg outlet, so far they are comfortabletoo. I'm still breaking them in before my trip.

momof3lovebugs
07-14-2010, 12:08 PM
ugh! I have an outlet too! duh! Now maybe I can find some for me!:rotfl:

mmm611
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
the kids ones at crocs.com are only 9.99 though...that is pretty good, right? on shoebuy they were much more....

I think 9.99 is a good price. One of the reasons I like Shoebuy better is I usually am only buying one pair, as I live alone. For that, I hate paying shipping and I have to spend more on Crocs.com to get that. Shoebuy has free shipping and returns. I think it sounds like you were probably able to hit free shipping with all the Crocs you bought!

shmily1
07-16-2010, 06:23 AM
DD19 use to wear Crocs all the time. We took a girls trip to WDW (me, DD, and her BFF) and after the first day, I was dying! DD found some at the store at POP and said "mama you have to try these--and they have Mickey on them!" I put those on and the rest is history, as they say. I have worn the soles down on that pair and am now on my second pair of them and use the first pair as my "yard shoes". I have some of the cutesy Crocs but keep going back to my Mickey Crocs. I :love: them and about 25 trips later, I wouldn't trade them for anything else. I actually went to work with them on a couple times on accident. The co-workers thought it was hysterical and thought I was trying to start a new trend with my dress clothes and Mickey Crocs!

momof3lovebugs
07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
I think 9.99 is a good price. One of the reasons I like Shoebuy better is I usually am only buying one pair, as I live alone. For that, I hate paying shipping and I have to spend more on Crocs.com to get that. Shoebuy has free shipping and returns. I think it sounds like you were probably able to hit free shipping with all the Crocs you bought!

I was! the bonus is that after going to our crocs outlet (didn't even know we HAD one) I bought myself a pair of maryjaneish style and wore them around all day the next day. They were great so far! And the guy told me that if any of the ones we bought online didn't work or didn't fit, we can return them up to 60 days later, unworn of course, so all is good. I was worried b/c the ones in the outltet seemed to run a bit on the big side for kids and I want them to fit when we go....so I will probably sit on them until the 59 day mark and then head over!! :D