PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!! AquaDots RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!SCARY!!!!!

bajam
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=4f76018a-9856-485c-962f-8ffb2bd67ca4

I know this is Canada but I would imagine the US stores will be pulling them soon as well.
I'm beginning to wonder what is safe to get my kids for Christmas this year!

m 'n c
11-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Ugh this is getting riduculous. Is anything safe anymore? I swear if I have kids they will be getting sock puppets and nothing else.

coastalgirl
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
WOW! That is just crazy. Why in the world would a toy be covered with the chemical equilivent of GHB! :confused: Those poor children. I am so glad I held off on buying those things. My Katie is going through another stage of Lets see what it taste like!

bajam
11-07-2007, 12:50 PM
It really is unreal isn't it? I had just given this as a suggestion to my sister for my kids for Christmas. I sent her an email right away so she doesn't buy them.

I went on the Toys R Us website and they don't have them listed under their recall page but I saw a bunch of Elite Ops stuff that my boys have that have been recalled for lead paint. I didn't even know about that recall and I've been in the store 3x this week. They really don't do a very good job of getting the word out.

jl8595
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
ACK! My girls have a boat load of Aqua Dots. Boy this is getting REALLY old.

Thanks for the heads up OP!!

schachteles
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
GOOD LORD...these recalls could be a full time job to keep up with!!

LuvMyBoys
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
ACK! My girls have a boat load of Aqua Dots. Boy this is getting REALLY old.

Thanks for the heads up OP!!

I don't think I would worry too much about it just yet. :)

When I read the original article this morning regarding Australia they said that in order for the reaction to occur the beads would have to be eaten in a large quanity. It's when the beads metabolize inside of the body that a problem occurs.

My kids don't usually eat their toys and I certainly would never have thought of giving aqua dots to children under the age of 3. :)

Hope that doesn't sound mean or sarcastic, just trying to be realistic about these things. :) It is a good reason to cross it off the Christmas lists in my opinion, in addition to not wanting those things ending up all over the house!! :)

bajam
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM

When I read the original article this morning regarding Australia they said that in order for the reaction to occur the beads would have to be eaten in a large quanity. It's when the beads metabolize inside of the body that a problem occurs.

My kids don't usually eat their toys and I certainly would never have thought of giving aqua dots to children under the age of 3. :)

Hope that doesn't sound mean or sarcastic, just trying to be realistic about these things. :) It is a good reason to cross it off the Christmas lists in my opinion, in addition to not wanting those things ending up all over the house!! :)

You're lucky, my boys are 8 and 6 and I can't keep them to keep toys out of their mouths! We had to throw away their magnetics because they just couldn't resist even when we told them the dangers.

Hedy
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM

Thanks love my boys, I was thinking the same thing but didn't know if it was just me not having children (tho I'm pretty sure YoungerNephew8 won't be sticking his in his mouth). I'm holding off until there's an official recall.

jl8595
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't think I would worry too much about it just yet.

My kids don't usually eat their toys and I certainly would never have thought of giving aqua dots to children under the age of 3.

Hope that doesn't sound mean or sarcastic, just trying to be realistic about these things. :) It is a good reason to cross it off the Christmas lists in my opinion, in addition to not wanting those things ending up all over the house!!

Thanks for the reassurance Carrie!! Fortunately, my girls do not put toys in their mouths anymore either, so I won't panic...but it will make me think twice about buying more. My littlest one is crazy enough...she certainly doesn't need a boost from GHB!! :rotfl:

LuvMyBoys
11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the reassurance Carrie!! Fortunately, my girls do not put toys in their mouths anymore either, so I won't panic...but it will make me think twice about buying more. My littlest one is crazy enough...she certainly doesn't need a boost from GHB!! :rotfl:

I think that's the hardest thing is when you have older kids and then the little ones get in their room and get into stuff! :(

I really have to think that is what happened in the cases in Australia with the little ones under the age of 2, I can't honestly believe that anyone would give those things to kids that little when they are recommended for 6 and up.

But then it makes me wonder what the deal was with the 10 year old? :confused:

I do agree with all of you guys though that I am so TIRED of a new toy or food recall every week!!

Makes me want to go back to making all of our own food and giving my kids whittled cars!! :rotfl:

m 'n c
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Ok I'll pipe up in defense of the 10 year old. I know I was one of those problem kiddos even when I got a little older (7-9) I was still chewing on my barbie's shoes. Not sure why I had to chew them up to nothing at that age but I did.

jnorth1007
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Here is a different issue...LOL...my 3 year old shoves everything up his NOSE!!!! I can see those little dots as being very inviting for him. Luckily they would be easy enough to get out (not like the red bean or the button or the cheerio) unluckily I bet they would get in his system much quicker through the nose :rotfl: :rotfl:

jl8595
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Here is a different issue...LOL...my 3 year old shoves everything up his NOSE!!!! I can see those little dots as being very inviting for him. Luckily they would be easy enough to get out (not like the red bean or the button or the cheerio) unluckily I bet they would get in his system much quicker through the nose :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kinda like a pea shooter...nose style!! LOL!! :rotfl:

memanana
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I don't know where this should be posted .feel free to move it to where it should be

I just saw on World News Tonight with Charles Gibson that they say Aqua Dots are dangerous and should be taken away from your kids. Kids are getting ill from the coating that has a chemical found in the date rape drug. China switched from a safe glue to a toxic glue Sold in April and Nov of this year Kids are having siezure's going into comma and stop breathing

askomsky
11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't know where this should be posted .feel free to move it to where it should be

I just saw on World News Tonight with Charles Gibson that they say Aqua Dots are dangerous and should be taken away from your kids. Kids are getting ill from the coating that has a chemical found in the date rape drug. China switched from a safe glue to a toxic glue Sold in April and Nov of this year Kids are having siezure's going into comma and stop breathing

Wow thanks for the heads up, I was going to watch the show, and walked away and ended up here instead. I'll have to find it on the net and listen to it.

Hedy
11-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Ok, info isn't even on Spinmaster's "recall" site. :mad:

schachteles
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Ok I'll pipe up in defense of the 10 year old. I know I was one of those problem kiddos even when I got a little older (7-9) I was still chewing on my barbie's shoes. Not sure why I had to chew them up to nothing at that age but I did.

LOL :rotfl: my best friend as a kid always had to chew on my Barbies feet...it ticked my mom off so bad she wouldn't let her near my Barbies. And my friend still brings it up to this day...LOL!!

I totally agree with other people, I am not going to not give these to my DDs I will just make sure that they know they don't go in their mouths.

It is funny, my DSM called me when I was on my way home asking about them...I let her know that they will be under our tree this year...she just laughed about how all of the druggies will not be buying the AquaDots up because they are cheaper then the drug :rotfl:

StitchandPooh'smom
11-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok, info isn't even on Spinmaster's "recall" site. :mad:

It is now. It is also at cpsc.gov. I read about it earlier on the DIS about the Australia recall and figured it was coming. I bought some for Christmas (against my better judgment), so they are going back to the store!

faithhope
11-07-2007, 10:05 PM
It is also on CNN.com now too...

Faith

mjjmbnmm
11-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm glad I kept putting off buying them.

mum4jenn
11-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Just saw this on the DIS and thought I should put the alert over here. SCARY

WASHINGTON — Millions of Chinese-made toys for children have been pulled from shelves in North America and Australia after scientists found they contain a chemical that converts into a powerful date rape drug when ingested. Two children in the U.S. and three in Australia were hospitalized after swallowing the beads.
With only seven weeks until Christmas, the recall is yet another blow to the toy industry — already bruised by a slew of recalls this past summer.
In the United States, the toy goes by the name Aqua Dots, a highly popular holiday toy distributed by Toronto-based Spin Master Toys. They are called Bindeez in Australia, where they were named toy of the year at an industry function earlier this year.
It could not immediately be learned whether Aqua Dots beads are made in the same factories as the Bindeez product. Both are sold by Australia-based Moose Enterprises.
The toy beads are sold in general merchandise stores and over the Internet for use in arts and crafts projects. They can be arranged into designs and fused together when sprayed with water.
Scientists say a chemical coating on the beads, when ingested, metabolizes into the so-called date rape drug gamma hydroxy butyrate. When eaten, the compound — made from common and easily available ingredients — can induce unconsciousness, seizures (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309318,00.html#), drowsiness, coma and death.
/**/
Naren Gunja from Australia's Poisons Information Center said the drug's effect on children was "quite serious ... and potentially life-threatening."
The recall was announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309318,00.html#) on Wednesday several hours after published reports about the recall in Australia.
The two U.S. children who swallowed Aqua Dot beads went into nonresponsive comas, commission spokesman Scott Wolfson said Wednesday afternoon.
In Australia, the toys were ordered off store shelves on Tuesday when officials learned that a 2-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl were hospitalized after swallowing the beads. A 19-month-old toddler (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309318,00.html#) also was being treated.
The news jolted the toy industry because Aqua Dots has been one of the few bright stars of the toy selling season, which, along with overall retailing, has gotten off to a sluggish start. The item, which had been heavily advertised, had appeared on many toy experts' list of must-have holiday toys, and toy sellers are now in the midst of canceling advertising and scrambling to figure out how to replace it.
Chris Byrne, a New York-based toy consultant, noted that the incidents could have been isolated, and Spin Master may be erring on the side of caution.
"This is something that they could not have foreseen. This is an extremely hot toy. ... It's a little scary," Byrne said.
In a statement, Toys "R" Us Inc., said that it issued on Tuesday a "stop sale" on the entire Spin Master Aqua Dots product line in its North American stores and on its Web site after it learned of the news. "We understand that Spin Master and U.S. regulatory authorities are investigating this product and we have asked Spin Master to fully explain what it believes happened," said the toy seller in a statement.

katjo8
11-07-2007, 10:22 PM
UGH - what next?:(

3dog2kidmom
11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Well this is disturbing. I have some on order through the offer on SR. My card has been charged but I haven't received it yet. I hope the company doesn't up and disappear.

mollyeilis
11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Was just coming to post this. It was emailed by the recall people...anyone who buys things and isn't subscribed really should subscribe to the recall emails here: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx

jnorth1007
11-07-2007, 10:35 PM
&($() I have a box of these I ordered through SR and I haven't given to Callie yet but it was supposed to be her birthday present for Saturday. Crap! Worst part is that she saw that I had them and knows she is getting them so now Im going to have to let her pick out something else she wants.

3dog2kidmom
11-07-2007, 10:37 PM
&($() I have a box of these I ordered through SR and I haven't given to Callie yet but it was supposed to be her birthday present for Saturday. Crap! Worst part is that she saw that I had them and knows she is getting them so now Im going to have to let her pick out something else she wants.

Janet -- on a related note, did you ever get your credit for this? I haven't seen anything come through even as pending yet.

jnorth1007
11-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Yes! Mine showed up on 10/20. I checked and my confirmation email said I ordered them on 10/15.

askomsky
11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Janet -- on a related note, did you ever get your credit for this? I haven't seen anything come through even as pending yet.

I just emailed them today about it. I ordered mine back on 10/5 and it's showing as pending for the 15th of this month. Anyway I emailed them yesterday to say that I ordered them a month ago, my cc was charged and the bill is due but I have yet to receive them. they said they were shipping them today and sorry for the delay. I'm going to give it until Monday and if I don't see them at my door (which I really don' twant them now ANYWAY!) then I'm going to dispute the charge on my cc as never have received them.
One thing I learned doing accounting work is the cc companies usually side with the consumer!

April

Blessing and Miracle
11-07-2007, 10:46 PM
This is simply horrible! I can't beleive this is happening in the United States:(

MKelley226
11-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I almost bought these for my boys, but my gut told me not too....this is very scary!! I saw a whole display of them at walmart tonight too...I bet they are pulled overnight.

Blessing and Miracle
11-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I just wondering if all of this stuff is done intentionally, since we are enemies to everyone.:(

Belle
11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
UGH - what next?

In addition to the Aqua Dots, these things were also recalled today:
1. Northern Tool & Equipment Recalls "Big Red" Wagons Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
2. International Sourcing Ltd. Recalls Toy Dragster and Funny Car Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
3. Toy Cars Recalled by Dollar General Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
4. Schylling Associates Recalls Duck Family Collectable Toy Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
5. Winnie-the-Pooh Spinning Top Recalled by Schylling Associates Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
6. Schylling Associates Recalls Dizzy Ducks Music Box Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
7. Schylling Associates Recalls Collectable Toy Robot Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
8. Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps Recalled by Carrier Due to Fire Hazard

You can got to cpsc.gov to see pics of each product.

3dog2kidmom
11-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I just emailed them today about it. I ordered mine back on 10/5 and it's showing as pending for the 15th of this month. Anyway I emailed them yesterday to say that I ordered them a month ago, my cc was charged and the bill is due but I have yet to receive them. they said they were shipping them today and sorry for the delay. I'm going to give it until Monday and if I don't see them at my door (which I really don' twant them now ANYWAY!) then I'm going to dispute the charge on my cc as never have received them.
One thing I learned doing accounting work is the cc companies usually side with the consumer! April

I just emailed them and asked in light of the recall if they would please cancel my order and refund my charge. We'll see. I will dispute the charge if need be. They should issue the refund if they've been recalled I would think. Thanks for your experience.

BTW, aren't you leaving for Disney on Monday??

mollyeilis
11-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I just wondering if all of this stuff is done intentionally, since we are enemies to everyone.:(

If you google "aquadots recall", you'll see that this isn't made here, and it was actually recalled in Australia (product called Bindeez there http://au.news.yahoo.com/071106/2/14uw3.html) before the US recalled it. So I doubt it's against "us".

Elsewhere I saw this: "It's not that someone put the drug into the beads found in Bindeez (top left.) It's just that when swallowed, the chemicals used in their manufacture turn into the drug inside the body."

Of course, now that I think about it, making something that could look like candy, and that has a purpose to stick together in a clump when around water, wasn't the BEST idea ever.

snshnrwrdsfn
11-08-2007, 12:25 AM
does anyone know the email address that I can email them to cancel my order. I also ordered them from the offer through SM.

bs4free
11-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Its seemes almost imposiable to by anything that is safe today! thank you for the update onthe recall!

sunmagic
11-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'll scratch this off my list!

snshnrwrdsfn
11-08-2007, 12:50 AM
I purchased them through the offer on SR. They billed me but I still haven't gotten them. I ordered them on 10/6.

jfrog
11-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Hello Everyone-

I just read an article about an Aqua Dots recall and had to post here right away because I know many of you purchased this toy -- apparently when the little aqua dot beads are ingested they metabolize into something similar to the date rape drug! Causing seizures, unresponsive coma, etc. I got this info from fox news - not sure if I am allowed to link here, but it is a front page story there. Please check it out if you have this toy!! I don't know if they have recalled them yet or what they are replacing with - I read the thing so fast and came right here. I think Toys R Us is putting a 'stop sale' on them. I hope all of your littles ones are safe!!:hugs:

jfrog
11-08-2007, 01:05 AM
I just posted a similar post in Offers/Contests - I'm glad the info here too!! I read the story at Fox News. How terrible!! I read that Toys R Us put a 'stop sale' on this toy but have not heard of any recall/replacement yet. This is so scary!

bluefuzzy
11-08-2007, 03:51 AM
There is a thread in general discussions:
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4626

The more the word can get out the better since a lot of members took advantage of the offer here.

Maybe we can have a sticky at the top of the forums or a quick email?

sammielynn
11-08-2007, 08:05 AM

I have been wondering the same thing. Think of all the food recalls lately. I'm so glad that my boys are 16 & 18 and not into the toy thing anymore.
What really makes me wonder is if we are the enemies to all, why are we the first ones called if they need help?

3dog2kidmom
11-08-2007, 08:48 AM
does anyone know the email address that I can email them to cancel my order. I also ordered them from the offer through SM.

I just replied to the confirmation they sent me. Here is the address:

info@asseenonpc.com

ruledbymercury
11-08-2007, 09:57 AM

I think it's more the result of the demand by consumers for cheaper and cheaper goods. At some point, so many corners are cut to lower the final price, that it gets dangerous.

SunshineGirl
11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Goodness gracious. I go to New York for three days and look at all of the trouble that gets stirred up. ;)

I'm bummed about this because my girls really wanted them!! (and I spent the whole dang summer trying to get the offer)

I'll include this recall info in the next SR email that I send out...hopefully later this afternoon.

disneyfreak7
11-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Did anyone see on the front page of AOL News that Aqua Dots are being recalled because something in the product includes the chemical that turns into the powerful date rape drup when ingested!!!!! I have been debating ordering this for a few weeks now, I sure am glad I waited! This is unbelievable.

Anne
11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I am just so sick of all the recalls, nearly all stemming from China. The problem is you can barely purchase anything that isn't made or have components from Chine these days. Gotta love free trade, huh....

wilsonfamily4
11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Goodness gracious. I go to New York for three days and look at all of the trouble that gets stirred up. ;)

I'm bummed about this because my girls really wanted them!! (and I spent the whole dang summer trying to get the offer)

I'll include this recall info in the next SR email that I send out...hopefully later this afternoon.

When I saw the recall I thought of you! I am so sorry I asked for them and you spent all summer looking for them. I was going to buy these in teh next few weeks. So glad I eard this first!

Hedy
11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Their darn website still isn't working. :( If it doesn't go up by tomorrow, I'm contacting Amazon (where I got mine).

Anna
11-08-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=4f76018a-9856-485c-962f-8ffb2bd67ca4

I know this is Canada but I would imagine the US stores will be pulling them soon as well.
I'm beginning to wonder what is safe to get my kids for Christmas this year!

I ordered these through SR for my daughter's upcoming birthday. I am glad I didn't give in and give them to her early like she begged me to do. She cried and cried when I told her I had to return them.

Now she wants moon sand. No way am I getting any more junk like this. How scary!!

Has anyone had any success getting through to the company to return them?

:confused:

Anna
11-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Well this is disturbing. I have some on order through the offer on SR. My card has been charged but I haven't received it yet. I hope the company doesn't up and disappear.

Same here. Hacks me off that they didn't hesitate to charge my card for them. I haven't gotten them either. Wonder if there is a way to get it refunded. If you are able to get in touch with them or find a way to get in touch with them...please let me know! Thanks!!!:(

Anna
11-08-2007, 10:50 PM

I am in the very same boat!!!:(

ligrumpygirl
11-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Told DD6 tonight that Santa can't bring Aquadots bc they found a problem with them. She cried so hard...I felt soooo bad. She told me to call Santa and tell the elves to make more!

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I just got this notice from the SR offer aquadots people --

Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:25:54 -0700
Subject: RE: Aquadots recent online order information
To:

Dear Customer,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but aqua dots was recalled by the manufacturer for safety reasons. We will refund your account. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
AsSeenOnPc.com

schachteles
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I am on hold with Spin Master right now to see what they say...I ordered a kit from them...and then of course the additional packs at Target. :computer:

Hedy
11-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Their darn website still isn't working. :( If it doesn't go up by tomorrow, I'm contacting Amazon (where I got mine).

I re-contacted Amazon (they sent me a generic we're sorry your purchase was recalled e-mail). We'll see if they'll let me return the cursed things-Target and Toys R us are.

And I apparently do not learn quickly, b/c I'm off to Toys R Us tonight.

LuvMyBoys
11-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I re-contacted Amazon (they sent me a generic we're sorry your purchase was recalled e-mail). We'll see if they'll let me return the cursed things-Target and Toys R us are.

Did you see the big 2 day sale that Toys R Us is having starting tonight?:)

Hedy
11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Did you see the big 2 day sale that Toys R Us is having starting tonight?:)

Yepp-I figure I'll wind up getting YoungerNephew something just in case I don't see anything for him at WDW. :D

Anna
11-09-2007, 11:42 PM

I took mine back to Walmart with no problems at all. I didn't have my receipt so they just put it on a gift card which is fine with me. Hope this helps!

Anna

mollyeilis
11-10-2007, 01:30 AM

Here's the page for amazon's say on recalled items. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=565166&qid=1194672295&sr=1-1

They refer you to the main recall website, which means that they urge people to do what the manufacturer says to do, which is to contact Spin Master.

Aha, that aquadotsrecall website is working (wasn't the other day) and it shows this page to exchange them: http://www.aquadotsrecall.com/exchange.html

Hedy
11-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Here's the page for amazon's say on recalled items. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=565166&qid=1194672295&sr=1-1

They refer you to the main recall website, which means that they urge people to do what the manufacturer says to do, which is to contact Spin Master.

Aha, that aquadotsrecall website is working (wasn't the other day) and it shows this page to exchange them: http://www.aquadotsrecall.com/exchange.html

Amazon is letting me return them-phew. :)

jnorth1007
11-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I ordered mine through the SR website so I sent my info to the spinmaster recall site. We will see what happens.

jl8595
11-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I ordered mine through the SR website so I sent my info to the spinmaster recall site. We will see what happens.

Same here - I submitted my info to receive the "exchange" kit/info. Fingers crossed they make good on this.

linanglab
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I almost ordered them. I am glad I did not. I really wasn't worried about my kids eating them. I would have been more worried about my pooch getting a hold of them. She likes to chase anything that rolls around on the floor, and I am sure that they would have ended up there somehow.

I hope everyone is refunded their money. After the hard work from Tricia to get them here....and then this.

Hedy
07-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Did anybody else get their new non-aquadots aquadots? Mine came yesterday.

jnorth1007
07-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Yes mine cam yesterday also and I even wrote a post in my blog about getting them lol only took 8 months

Hedy
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes mine cam yesterday also and I even wrote a post in my blog about getting them lol only took 8 months

Just replied to your blog post.
Now, if I got YoungerNephew something else for Xmas, and Disney Dollars for his birthday, can I keep them? :rotfl::rotfl:

SunshineGirl
07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh, man! Now I have to go check them out. My kids wanted these so badly.

schachteles
07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
I got some too...but I am ticked off...I never got the ones to replace the ones that were part of the recall...anyone else?

jnorth1007
07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
The ones I got yesterday were the replacements for the ones on recall. They came straight from the company that makes them with a note saying they were my replacements for the original dots.

jl8595
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
I got some too...but I am ticked off...I never got the ones to replace the ones that were part of the recall...anyone else?

I just got the bead replacements (which were technically the only part of the recall) - I'm just grateful I saved the templates and pens/accessories from our old recalled sets. My DD's were thrilled to get them in the mail. Let's hope these are safe...sigh.

schachteles
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
The ones I got yesterday were the replacements for the ones on recall. They came straight from the company that makes them with a note saying they were my replacements for the original dots.

Well this certainly doesn't cover the PACKS that I threw away before Christmas...not to mention the huge kit that I bought!

jnorth1007
07-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Perhaps you can contact them and let them know that. They were supposed to replace what you had purchased as far as beads were concerned. I don't believe they ever were supposed to replace the kits just the beads since that is what was recalled. If you call or email them and let them know that you only recieved a partial replacement they may send you more.

schachteles
07-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Well I called them...the guy doesn't know why the replacement ones didn't come...but he wanted me to take a picture of my stuff to prove what I purchased...I was like heck no...that is a joke...SUPPOSEDLY they are going to ship out the replacements...tick me off!

jl8595
07-18-2008, 10:46 AM
We played with ours this morning! I forgot how much fun they were.