PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!! I'm HALFWAY There!!!

kristenrice
07-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I am a "budget" person like most of us here on SR. I love a good bargain and getting stuff for free is even better:love:. So, I look for the freebies wherever I can find them.

DH and I are really bad about taking vacations. We do not charge anything for a vacation unless we have the money sitting in our special vacation bank account. As a result, we don't take vacations as much as we probably should. That being said, I look for anything that will allow me to earn "free" vacations and travel.

We have a Disney Visa to help us save towards our Disney vacations. We also have the AMEX Blue Sky card which helps us earn money for travel-related expenses. And of course, there is SR:sunshine: which helps us cover everything else.

I have a spreadsheet with my budget for April 2011 and our planned trip to HHI. We have a budget of $1700. I update it every day to reflect my earnings from SR, and monthly when our Disney Visa rewards and AMEX rewards credit. I was so excited today to see that I have hit $850 in rewards (FREE!)earnings:party:! That has ALL been earned since April 1 of this year! That means in just over 5 months, I have earned 50% of next year's vacation in FREE MONEY:D. At this rate, I *might* be able to have the ENTIRE trip covered in rewards alone:eek:. How awesome would that be?

I could not do it without my Sunshine Rewards.
:thanks:

lswheatly
07-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Congratulations!! That is awesome:party:

momof3lovebugs
07-20-2010, 02:27 PM
holy cow!:eek:

jnorth1007
07-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Awesome! Congrats! I do the same as you but I do it for the extras over and above the cost of the room, tickets and dining plan. So I figured out what I would need for dining tips, gas, MNSSHP tickets, BBB/PL for the kids, mousekeeping tips and such and realized I needed $1400 to pay for all of that. I have earned through SR and blogging (on my SR blog) and my Disney Visa Rewards all but 46.23 of that $1400. Free money!!! I really didn't think I could do it but the addition of the new surveys has made it easy.

bbangel
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Good job! Earning the money this way somehow makes what you spend it on that much sweeter!

disney_girl
07-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Congrats!! That's awesome!!:sunshine:

MouseUnlimited
07-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I am a "budget" person like most of us here on SR. I love a good bargain and getting stuff for free is even better. So, I look for the freebies wherever I can find them.

DH and I are really bad about taking vacations. We do not charge anything for a vacation unless we have the money sitting in our special vacation bank account. As a result, we don't take vacations as much as we probably should. That being said, I look for anything that will allow me to earn "free" vacations and travel.

We have a Disney Visa to help us save towards our Disney vacations. We also have the AMEX Blue Sky card which helps us earn money for travel-related expenses. And of course, there is SR which helps us cover everything else.

I have a spreadsheet with my budget for April 2011 and our planned trip to HHI. We have a budget of $1700. I update it every day to reflect my earnings from SR, and monthly when our Disney Visa rewards and AMEX rewards credit. I was so excited today to see that I have hit $850 in rewards (FREE!)earnings! That has ALL been earned since April 1 of this year! That means in just over 5 months, I have earned 50% of next year's vacation in FREE MONEY:D. At this rate, I *might* be able to have the ENTIRE trip covered in rewards alone:eek:. How awesome would that be?

I could not do it without my Sunshine Rewards.

Wow! Very impressive! :clap: Sunshine Rewards really is awesome.

Be sure to request a quote from us so you can start budgeting right away. We'll send out SR Member quotes before any others once 2011 rates are released.

What's even better than using free money to take a Disney vacation? Getting even MORE free money just for taking that trip! Mouse Unlimited offers 1% cash back to SR members for any Disney vacation booked.