PDA

View Full Version : Just want to share - Made 1st DVC ressie today!

stacieps
11-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I decided a couple months ago to but DVC points; we wanted to do a cash purchase, so we bought resale 50 points at SSR. We closed on Tuesday and I was able to make my first ressie as a member today!

So in April, we will spend a week at SSR (got this as trade for out other timeshare), and then 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Villas on our points!

Thanks for letting me share! My family doesn't quite feel the same way about Disney that I do! :cooldance:

2 1/4 months til Disney Magic!
5 1/2 months til SSR and AKV!

disney_girl
11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Congrats and Welcome Home!!!! That's so exciting!! We have been members at SSR since 2004 and we love it! Can't wait to try out AKL as well!!

bbangel
11-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Congrats and welcome home!

I just had the excitement of making my first DVC ressie as well. I almost jumped up and down when I figured out I could do one more night for 2 fewer points by splitting my stay between AKV and OKW!

PSL1013
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
WELCOME HOME! :heart:

bs4free
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
WOOT! Congrats and Welcome Home!!!! And enjoy your Trip! WOOT!

coastalgirl
11-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Congratulations!! Hope you have a wonderful time!!

ligrumpygirl
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Welcome home!!! I will be there in April too - what are your dates?

I hope you enjoy our home away from home as much as we do!! Our favorite section is the Grandstand. If you have any questions, please ask!

stacieps
11-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks everyone!

We will be at SSR April 19-26 and AKV the 26-28

ligrumpygirl
11-08-2007, 10:17 PM
As of right now, we are going to be there April 20-25. We are planning to drive (ugh) so the dates may move by a day or so. Maybe we can meet up!

zoodoyle
11-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Congrats!! We just bought in as well!! We made our reservation on Monday for AKV for next August!! And today the GIANT box of paperwork came, so I better get moving so we can delve into all that contract jargon that I never understand :sunshine2:

stacieps
11-09-2007, 08:27 AM
As of right now, we are going to be there April 20-25. We are planning to drive (ugh) so the dates may move by a day or so. Maybe we can meet up!

I'm glad we found reasonable airfare (it wasn't easy) - I don't think I could make that drive again!

It would be fun to meet - we'll have to work on that closer to our dates.

stacieps
11-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Congrats!! We just bought in as well!! We made our reservation on Monday for AKV for next August!! And today the GIANT box of paperwork came, so I better get moving so we can delve into all that contract jargon that I never understand :sunshine2:

Congrats to you! We have received any paperwork yet - can't wait!

PSL1013
11-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Congratulations to you and WELCOME HOME! No need to read that hard to understand jargon....just sign at the Mickey heads and Palm trees, send it back to them and don't think twice about it!! :rotfl:

m4travels
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
....just sign at the Mickey heads and Palm trees, send it back to them and don't think twice about it!! :rotfl:

Oh, I'm with you on that one! We had someone from quality assurance walk us through the paperwork when we signed up and all I wanted to do was sign at the palm trees and mickey heads! It took longer to sign the paperwork than it did to sit through the presentation! Once the add-ons started we just buzzed through it all.

PSL1013
11-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Oh, I'm with you on that one! We had someone from quality assurance walk us through the paperwork when we signed up and all I wanted to do was sign at the palm trees and mickey heads! It took longer to sign the paperwork than it did to sit through the presentation! Once the add-ons started we just buzzed through it all.

With our first contract, we read and studied every word, it was really scary reading material....but the second thru fourth contracts were a breeze, just had to find all the Mickey heads and palm trees and sign away! :rotfl: