PDA

View Full Version : Are My Standards Too High?

SunshineGirl
07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I was out looking for new offers to add this morning and I just couldn't bring myself to add a lot of them that I found. I know that you all want to earn extra money but the free offers just seem to be getting worse and worse. One of them was a dating offer about "hotties" with a picture of a half naked woman on the landing page. A bunch of others wanted you to complete that whole survey/offer path (which you know means clicking and clicking and clicking) and I was only going to get paid .50. By the time I split it with you, you would basically be selling all of your information to 100 different companies for the price of a gumball.

I don't know if I am getting too picky or if these offers are just getting more and more yucky. Thank goodness we have so many good daily surveys now!

29apr00
07-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Yay with the awesome surveys.......forget the Freebies. Your standards are just fine! We don't need to waste 30 minutes clicking and clicking and clicking for a slim chance at $.50.......when we can take an interesting survey for more than that!

PSL1013
07-23-2010, 10:45 AM
I agree with Jennifer....we have more opportunities with all the surveys now to make more money then ever before. I remember what it was like in the very beginning and "we have come a long way baby". I hardly ever get credit for offers anymore anyway, so I'm perfectly happy the way things are now! :heart:

gpp2001
07-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I agree with Jennifer and Pam - I don't really do freebies anymore because they rarely credit for me. I was one of those that said I would be sad if Freebies went away but now with all the survey opportunities and shopping, so little of what I earn here is from Freebies. I would not be sad anymore if you stopped offering Freebies!:sunshine:

m 'n c
07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm good with surveys right now. The only offers I really miss are the My Insider Deals where you could have sent the final page in for the free sample or whatever. I think those are long gone though :( Sometimes the quiz ones are fun even when I don't get credit because I like to see the results of the silly quiz.

PSL1013
07-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm good with surveys right now. The only offers I really miss are the My Insider Deals where you could have sent the final page in for the free sample or whatever. I think those are long gone though :( Sometimes the quiz ones are fun even when I don't get credit because I like to see the results of the silly quiz.

Cate, there's a new quiz up there now. I just got credit for it!! :clap:

momof3lovebugs
07-23-2010, 01:45 PM
I agree with Jennifer....we have more opportunities with all the surveys now to make more money then ever before. I remember what it was like in the very beginning and "we have come a long way baby". I hardly ever get credit for offers anymore anyway, so I'm perfectly happy the way things are now! :heart:

Yup! What they said!!! :D

TxAggies
07-23-2010, 01:49 PM
No, your standards are absolutely not too high! I am glad you strive to provide quality earning opportunities for members. Personally, most of my earnings come from surveys with some shopping sprinkled in here and there, and I am happy focusing on just those areas!

tweety129s
07-23-2010, 02:09 PM
With all the legit surveys, I don't do too many freebies. Only if i'm running into a dry spell and really need a balance boost.

I would rather spend my time contributing to legit marketing research rather than selling my info.

Steph_in_MA
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
As a new member I have to say I am really glad you are not bombarding us with garbage! Everything I've seen so far I like and I am so excited to be a member here. I am glad you aren't putting up junk just because it's available. I feel confident that you have my best interest and security at heart and I only wish I had known about SR sooner! :)

SunshineGirl
07-23-2010, 03:10 PM
As a new member I have to say I am really glad you are not bombarding us with garbage! Everything I've seen so far I like and I am so excited to be a member here. I am glad you aren't putting up junk just because it's available. I feel confident that you have my best interest and security at heart and I only wish I had known about SR sooner! :)

We are glad that you have decided to stick with us. :) It can be confusing at first because of all of the different earning opportunities.

MdCaterer
07-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Nope, your standards are just right. This site works at protecting us and earning us money. We are respected and we are trusted and that is reciprocated! Thanks

lanny76
07-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I rarely do freebies anymore .... partly because I just don't feel like investing 15-20 minutes clicking through the whole path for the theoretical gumball - which I may not get anyway! :pSo, the time I actually do have I would rather spend on surveys because the chances of credit are far better!
And yeah, some of the offers.....then you end up with very interesting spam if you go thru some of them, esp. ones with junky landing pages. :rolleyes: