PDA

View Full Version : Another Boca Java Deal!

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Listed in the shopping section for 10% back is a sampler offer for $24.95. I clicked on it and got two of the hot cocoa ones... 5 different hot cocoa tins for $24.95, but ordering 2 I not only got the coupon but another $10 back so they are $39.80 for 10 tins, shipped!

I'm going to add these to the sleeve of popcorn from yesterday's Dale & Thomas offer for teachers' and co-workers... and maybe even tuck in a Christmas mug and a Blockbuster gift card (ordered from giftcertificates.com, of course!).

disney_girl
11-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Hmmmm... I'll have to check this one out! We aren't coffee drinkers but we do like Cocoa. And it would go well as a Christmas gift. My SR account thanks you, but my DH probably wouldn't!:rotfl:

Anna
11-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Berry Mocha Kiss, Double Mocha Dream, Mocha Mint Ocean, White Mocha Blizzard ..... do these have coffee in them too? I do not like coffee but love hot cocoa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Anna

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Berry Mocha Kiss, Double Mocha Dream, Mocha Mint Ocean, White Mocha Blizzard ..... do these have coffee in them too? I do not like coffee but love hot cocoa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Anna

I believe that mocha is by definition a coffee & chocolate blend, but I think you will like this even if you don't like coffee. I haven't tasted it to be sure, though... They do call it cocoa not coffee on their site.

:confused:

Anna
11-09-2007, 10:11 PM
I believe that mocha is by definition a coffee & chocolate blend I believe, but I think you will like this even if you don't like coffee. I haven't tasted it to be sure, though... They do call it cocoa not coffee on their site.

:confused:

That is what worried me. I was going to get them as gifts because I have several friends who do not like coffee at all. I didn't want to end up with something they would not like. Thanks!:)

jnorth1007
11-09-2007, 10:12 PM
How did you get the coupon for the extra $10 off for buying 2? I was going to buy one for my sister and sister in law for christmas but it was charging me the regular 24.95 for each. Am I missing something?

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2007, 10:17 PM
How did you get the coupon for the extra $10 off for buying 2? I was going to buy one for my sister and sister in law for christmas but it was charging me the regular 24.95 for each. Am I missing something?

I don't know, Janet. It just magically showed up when I checked out. I didn't put any codes in or anything. And I purposely didn't sign in with my boca java connoisseur account email so I didn't mess up getting credit from this one.

Item(s) Total: $49.90
Promo Discount: ($14.95)
Discounts: ($10.00)

Sub-Total: $24.95

Shipping: $14.85

Total Before Tax: $39.80
Sales Tax: $0.00

Grand Total: $39.80

m4travels
11-09-2007, 10:53 PM

Janet,
I tried it as well, and though it shows $24.95 for each, on the far left side of the final page it does show the breakdown and it brings it to a total of $39.80. Try it again!!!!

M

ETA: I changed the order to just one of the set and the total came to $35.00 - grab more than one!!!!!

speechteachri
11-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Shelly, have you been getting credit when you order through the link even though you are already a member?

I have been wondering about that.

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Shelly, have you been getting credit when you order through the link even though you are already a member?

I have been wondering about that.

No, I didn't get credit for the shopping order I placed using my boca java club account. So I used a different email address for this and did not sign into my account so I should get credit for this order. I filed a trouble ticket for the other one so we'll see what happens. I'll let you know.

SunshineGirl
11-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I was looking at these hot cocoa ones as well because DD6 and I LOVE hot cocoa. I didn't even think about getting them for gifts!

disneyfreak7
11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I just ordered one hot Cocoa set and one coffee set and on the last page the total came to $41.05 including shipping. So somehow it is giving a discount. Because I was expecting $24.95x2 plus s&H. So this is even better! Also, what are Boca Bucks, i earned 250 with my order?

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
wow, $46.90 for three cocoa sets and a tea set. Pretty good. I am not sure what I will end up doing with all that cocoa but it was such a good deal after the first one. I will probably put one in some stockings and use some for gifts and then I LOVE cocoa. the tea is for either my mom or mother in law.

Arky
11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I ordered 3 cocoa sets and 2 tea sets for $49.20. I don't know why it was so cheap, but I'll take it. My order showed 24.95 of that was for shipping, so my cocoa and tea was really cheap.

Got more Christmas shopping done! Yes! (Don't tell my husband yet!):rotfl:

jnorth1007
11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I ordered 10 of the cocoa sets this morning as teachers gifts. My total was
$7X.XX. Very nice deal.

Soccer Princess
11-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I only see the cocoa and coffe sets? Where are you finding the tea ones? :) Thanks!

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I only see the cocoa and coffe sets? Where are you finding the tea ones? :) Thanks!

on the page where the offers you have bought are, when I scrolled down there was all kinds of things to buy

Soccer Princess
11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Hmm.. okay I must be really stupid today. What are the names of the sets you are getting? I also can't figure out how to get both the cocoa and the coffee set featured on the first page? Someone help me please! :) lol Do you get a mug with each set or only 1 for the whole order?

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Hmm.. okay I must be really stupid today. What are the names of the sets you are getting? I also can't figure out how to get both the cocoa and the coffee set featured on the first page? Someone help me please! :) lol Do you get a mug with each set or only 1 for the whole order?

hmmm, good questions. I don't know!:(

m4travels
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
I believe it's one mug per set. Now, if it's not it's not a big deal for me as I'll give out the sets of cocoa and keep the one mug they send for myself! It IS all about me, you know.

I ordered 10 sets on Saturday and 5 more today. This is just too good of a deal to pass up, and I don't even give out gifts for the holidays. I truly am considered a Grinch. Won't they be surprised!!!!

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I believe it's one mug per set. Now, if it's not it's not a big deal for me as I'll give out the sets of cocoa and keep the one mug they send for myself! It IS all about me, you know.

I ordered 10 sets on Saturday and 5 more today. This is just too good of a deal to pass up, and I don't even give out gifts for the holidays. I truly am considered a Grinch. Won't they be surprised!!!!

15 sets! wow. It is a good deal though. If I could think of 15 people to give these to I might have done the same. I sure hope they are good. The reviews on the coffe is good but I haven't heard anything about cocoas.

m4travels
11-14-2007, 05:56 PM
15 sets! wow. It is a good deal though. If I could think of 15 people to give these to I might have done the same. I sure hope they are good. The reviews on the coffe is good but I haven't heard anything about cocoas.

I looked at it this way, it ran about $7 plus change for each of them if I ordered 10. Todays order of 5 came to about $11ish each. I've got 5 in my office that I can actually gift this year and partner dude has 7 or 8 that he supervises who will now be getting cocoa sets (yeah, we know they want tequila, but THAT ain't happening!). I have 5 brothers/sisters so they'll be getting some along with the Chip and Dale popcorn - sorry; Dale and Thomas popcorn that I've got coming (LOVED those gift certificates!)

and as I add up the above it becomes obvious that while I thought I had a handle on the new math, I've failed this time around!

bs4free
11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Chip and Dale popcorn

OK! Where do i order that for SR credit!!! Sign ME UP! WOOT! LOL...:rotfl: :rotfl:

Where is this deal for the coco sets i went in and the set had 5 coco tins and a mug for $25 i said 4 of them and it was $100 how do you order so its only $7-11 for each set... I think i am missing something!!!

askomsky
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
OK! Where do i order that for SR credit!!! Sign ME UP! WOOT! LOL...:rotfl: :rotfl:

Where is this deal for the coco sets i went in and the set had 5 coco tins and a mug for $25 i said 4 of them and it was $100 how do you order so its only $7-11 for each set... I think i am missing something!!!

It automatically takes the discount off, it worked for me when I put 2 in my basket. With one and shipping it was $35 or something like that, but when I put 2 in, it took one complete off ($24.95) so it was $39 for both.
HTH

m4travels
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM

I thought that would catch your eye, Bryan!

Yes, it will price out at $24.95 PER set plus shipping but if you look at the FAR LEFT of the screen it will show the reduction. You can PM me if you need anything else!

Candi
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Ok, I ordered a coffee set, 2 cocoa sets and a tea set plus 3 silver coffee canisters, 3 coffee scoops, 4 tea infusers, 4 tea scoops, 3 honey cinnamon almonds, 3 English tea cookies and 3 peppermint cookies and it only cost me $65.15. I am making gift baskets for my family and dh's family. I also got dale and thomas popcorn. I am adding family fun subscriptions from magazines.com to my siblings. This is awesome. I pretty much am done shopping for family and haven't spent much. Way less than normal and it is all great gourmet stuff. We don't have much to spend so I am so glad they will get great stuff. I am also getting mini holiday loaf pans and making bread in them plus I will add homemade goodies like fudge, etc plus pepperoni and jerky from dh's elk.

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Ok, I ordered a coffee set, 2 cocoa sets and a tea set plus 3 silver coffee canisters, 3 coffee scoops, 4 tea infusers, 4 tea scoops, 3 honey cinnamon almonds, 3 English tea cookies and 3 peppermint cookies and it only cost me $65.15. I am making gift baskets for my family and dh's family. I also got dale and thomas popcorn. I am adding family fun subscriptions from magazines.com to my siblings. This is awesome. I pretty much am done shopping for family and haven't spent much. Way less than normal and it is all great gourmet stuff. We don't have much to spend so I am so glad they will get great stuff. I am also getting mini holiday loaf pans and making bread in them plus I will add homemade goodies like fudge, etc plus pepperoni and jerky from dh's elk.

you need to find backets here at SR now. Wow you did really good!

nurseminnie76
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Okay -- so I placed an order for 2 cocoa sets this morning for $38.xx and I thought that was a great price. Figured I would use them in baskets for the kids teachers (along with the popcorn - LOL).

Then ..... I read further in the thread this afternoon and see Michael talking about how the discounts get better the more you buy.

So I decided I need to order more. These would be great gifts for DH to give his employees. I placed another order this afternoon for 12 cocoa sets and 5 coffee sets for $108.xx with shipping included. That's $6.xx per set!! What an awesome price - and the 14% back from SR makes it even sweeter. :cooldance:

I also wanted to add that Boca Java has really great customer service. I called and canceled my original order from this morning with absolutely no problems.

Thanks Michael for letting us know about the larger quantities. I'm relieved to have more shopping out of the way.

jnorth1007
11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Just remember that the 14% does not include shipping costs of which most of your sale is for this offer. I ordered 10 sets and only 24.95 is actual sale LOL so I will get 14% (if all goes well) on the 24.95 not the 7X.XX that I actually paid. I would imagine alot of yours is shipping also. It almost looks like they are charging for the first set and then charging only shipping for the rest. I don't know how this works if you order different products since I only ordered cocoa. If someone can let us know that would be great. Are you getting charged for only the first of each type of product and then paying shipping on the rest or are you paying for the first product and just shipping on everything else. Hope this makes sense.

bs4free
11-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Well I added a 10 count of about every package they had or about 3200 worth of product and the total was only $230 of that $205 was shipping! LOL Just to see of course I was not going to order but to find out how the promotion was working!

nurseminnie76
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
You are correct Janet. I went back and looked at my order. 24.95 is product and 83.xx is shipping. I hadn't realized that the first time. Still an unbelievable price for what I got and the SR credit is just icing on the cake. I am still extremely happy with this order. :love:

~Kathie
11-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I ordered a coffee set and a tea set. Total was $24.95 plus $16.90 shipping. My discount ended up being $24.95.

Thanks for posting. 2 more Christmas presents crossed off the list!

arob414
11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Waaaaa. I can't get the link to work. Something must be set weird in my computer because there are several shopping links I can't go thru.

mollyeilis
11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
That is really interesting, the way they charge shipping. I was getting really annoyed at how much shipping was getting, and I'm glad to have an explanation!

jnorth1007
11-14-2007, 10:26 PM
My order without any shipping or discount would have been 245.90 but instead I paid 7X.XX and it was mostly shipping. I can't quite figure out why they are giving away the extra merchandise and only charging shipping but since we aren't entering any codes and it is happening for everyone then it has to be right!

JillyFish
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Okay, I'm coming into this late, but is there a way to see what your total with shipping will be before you check out? Does the discount not come off until you "commit?" As usual, I'm a little confused! :rotfl:

jnorth1007
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
When you put the product into your cart it will take you to the cart page and when you look on the left hand side it will tell you what your total is. I shopped 3 times before I finally decided to commit and do it. It seemed to good to be true for me LOL Im so glad I did it. Teacher gifts are DONE!

3dog2kidmom
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Okay, I'm coming into this late, but is there a way to see what your total with shipping will be before you check out? Does the discount not come off until you "commit?" As usual, I'm a little confused! :rotfl:
You do have to wait until you get to the check out to see the total, but you will see the total before you have to enter payment information.

3dog2kidmom
11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
When you put the product into your cart it will take you to the cart page and when you look on the left hand side it will tell you what your total is. I shopped 3 times before I finally decided to commit and do it. It seemed to good to be true for me LOL Im so glad I did it. Teacher gifts are DONE!

Sorry J-dog... we were typing at the same time! You got a great deal today, BTW!

JillyFish
11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks guys! I will go try again!

ETA: Placed my order! I ordered 2 cocoa samplers and 2 coffee samplers. That'll work for the in-laws and grandparents plus two gifts for a random exchange with DH's family!!! Hurray!!! What a deal!!! Plus %14 back!!! WOOT!

Item(s) Total: $99.80
Promotion: ($74.85)
------
Sub-Total: $24.95
Shipping $22.95
------
Total Before Tax: $47.90
Sales Tax: $0.00
------
Grand Total: $47.90

m4travels
11-15-2007, 02:28 AM
As Janet pointed out earlier, be prepared when you see your credits that you are not getting credits on the total but on the total minus that huge shipping charge. I was a bit surprised at first but then I had one of those "gee, I could have had a V-8" moments. Why would they give me a percentage back on shipping???

Heck, the savings was well worth it, though!

jnorth1007
11-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Just to let those of you who ordered these know that you need to check the boxes when they arrive. I just had mine delivered and when I opened the box that had my mugs in it EVERY single mug out of 10 was broken. 2 were completely crushed and the handles were missing from the other 8. I called BJ and they are sending me replacements. I just wanted to make sure that you check your boxes now instead of just putting them aside and then finding things broken when it is too late to get replacements for Christmas.

m4travels
11-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Just to let those of you who ordered these know that you need to check the boxes when they arrive. I just had mine delivered and when I opened the box that had my mugs in it EVERY single mug out of 10 was broken. 2 were completely crushed and the handles were missing from the other 8. I called BJ and they are sending me replacements. I just wanted to make sure that you check your boxes now instead of just putting them aside and then finding things broken when it is too late to get replacements for Christmas.
UPS must have had a field day with these deliveries as 2 of my 10 were broken as well; handles were broken. I've sent off an e-mail to them and they were quick in response, but now i can't find my confirmation e-mail. Life is still good! It'll get taken care of.

jnorth1007
11-20-2007, 04:08 PM
I have to say though that this was ONE TERRIFIC DEAL even if I never get the mugs. I thought it would be sampler packs of cocoa. Instead it is 4 tins of cocoa per box and they are packed in a very nice black box with a pretty green ribbon and the inside is filled with shreaded decorative paper. I am shocked I ended up only paying 7.00 a piece for these and am seriously thinking I might order more.

m4travels
11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I have to say though that this was ONE TERRIFIC DEAL even if I never get the mugs. I thought it would be sampler packs of cocoa. Instead it is 4 tins of cocoa per box and they are packed in a very nice black box with a pretty green ribbon and the inside is filled with shreaded decorative paper. I am shocked I ended up only paying 7.00 a piece for these and am seriously thinking I might order more.

Well, it looks like they change up a bit on the packaging as well. Mine are a nice Christmas green with a nice red ribbon. I don't think there was any paper inside the box, but it will make a nice presentation box.

Of course I couldn't retie the one bow on the box I opened (yeah, stop laughing; we ALL don't have the decorating gene!!!) so partner dude will have to do that.

SunshineGirl
11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Of course I couldn't retie the one bow on the box I opened (yeah, stop laughing; we ALL don't have the decorating gene!!!) so partner dude will have to do that.

I totally just spit my brand new Boca Java hot cocoa out on my keyboard! :rotfl:

m4travels
11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Dontcha just love how I keep the humor going??!!

jnorth1007
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
OK So I admit that I also couldn't get the bow tied back on the one I opened LOL obviously they have some very handy elves over there. I just placed another order from them. This is what I got:

Your Delivery Selections

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Grind Price Sale Price Qty Total
Cocoa Trio $14.95 $14.95 10 $149.50
- Cocoa 1: Berry Mocha Kiss
- Cocoa 2: Double Mocha Dream
- Cocoa 3: White Mocha Blizzard
Sugar Plum Fairy Universal Grind $24.95 $24.95 10 $249.50
- Coffee: White Chocolate Raspberry Reef- 8 oz
- Chai: Ocean Odyssey Chai Latte
Noel Ornament Set $9.95 $9.95 10 $99.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item(s) Total:
Promo Discount:
Discounts:

Sub-Total:
Shipping:

Total Before Tax:
Sales Tax:

Grand Total:

$498.50
($473.55)
($0.00)
-------
$24.95
$59.25
-------
$84.20
$0.00
-------
$84.20

It would seem that no matter what you order you only pay 24.95 for the first item and shipping on the rest. I figured I could put the ornaments with some of the items and give them to family and friends and give the smaller sets to teachers and such. I even called my sister and sister in law to see if they needed gifts. At 30 items for 84.20 I am getting this stuff at 2.81 a piece LOL I feel like I am stealing this stuff. Can't wait!

3dog2kidmom
11-20-2007, 08:02 PM
OK So I admit that I also couldn't get the bow tied back on the one I opened LOL obviously they have some very handy elves over there. I just placed another order from them. This is what I got:

Your Delivery Selections

Item Grind Price Sale Price Qty Total
Cocoa Trio $14.95 $14.95 10 $149.50
- Cocoa 1: Berry Mocha Kiss
- Cocoa 2: Double Mocha Dream
- Cocoa 3: White Mocha Blizzard
Sugar Plum Fairy Universal Grind $24.95 $24.95 10 $249.50
- Coffee: White Chocolate Raspberry Reef- 8 oz
- Chai: Ocean Odyssey Chai Latte
Noel Ornament Set $9.95 $9.95 10 $99.50

Item(s) Total:
Promo Discount:
Discounts:

Sub-Total:
Shipping:

Total Before Tax:
Sales Tax:

Grand Total:

$498.50
($473.55)
($0.00)
-------
$24.95
$59.25
-------
$84.20
$0.00
-------
$84.20

It would seem that no matter what you order you only pay 24.95 for the first item and shipping on the rest. I figured I could put the ornaments with some of the items and give them to family and friends and give the smaller sets to teachers and such. I even called my sister and sister in law to see if they needed gifts. At 30 items for 84.20 I am getting this stuff at 2.81 a piece LOL I feel like I am stealing this stuff. Can't wait!

Well, I DID get the bow tied... I have a very crafty mama who taught me :)

Janet you got an amazing deal! While I only got 2 boxes, I figure they are still a great deal at 3.90 per tin and I'm keeping both mugs (unbroken, btw) for myself, one for work and one for home. I LOVE these big mugs that are actually soup-worthy.

I'm pairing them with the D&T popcorn samples for teachers, nephews, and anyone else I need a quick gift for. I bought red serving bowls (plastic/melamine type), basket bags, white shred, and wire-edge ribbon at the dollar store this weekend to wrap them all up pretty. I think I'll add $5 blockbuster cards and maybe a box of movie candy to the nephews'.

Love BOCA JAVA!!!!

ligrumpygirl
11-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Got my 10 sets today...3 broken mugs. I sent an email...after 12 times of trying to put in the code underneath my message. Very Ticketmaster-like but much harder!! We will see what happens. DH wants to keep the mugs anyway...like I need 10 mugs!

jnorth1007
11-21-2007, 05:31 PM
FYI!!!! I just got a phone call from Boca Java and it seems that they have a glich on their system. The glich it seems was giving discounts incorrectly and so my newest order would have to be charged at regular price or cancelled. The regular price would have been 5XX.XX. Now I will agree that there seemed to be too good to be true deal but no matter how I tried to purchase these things it was ringing up the same way. Aggravates me that they don't stand behind THEIR screw ups but considering that it was way too good to be true I am not suprised. I told her I had already recieved one order the other day at the discounted price and she didn't say anything about needing to do anything about that one. I guess we all got lucky with the first set. Makes me feel crappy though since I wouldn't have tried to take advantage of the system but I feel like I did anyways. Man its annoying!

SunshineGirl
11-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Interesting. It took them two weeks to figure out that they were doing something wrong. I figured at this point that they were selling them at that price on purpose. I mean, why else would it take 2 weeks for them to fix it?? So I don't think anyone was taking advantage. They had plenty of time to make the change.

m4travels
11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, methinks someone's not going to have a very happy season at Boca Java. I did have a message from them to call them re a previous order. Will have to see what's up; too late to call tonight so it'll be Friday before I can get through.

time2go
11-21-2007, 09:34 PM
They called me today to cancel my order due to a glitch in their system. :(

wilsonfamily4
11-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Interesting. It took them two weeks to figure out that they were doing something wrong. I figured at this point that they were selling them at that price on purpose. I mean, why else would it take 2 weeks for them to fix it?? So I don't think anyone was taking advantage. They had plenty of time to make the change.

I AGREE!

I am looking forward to seeing what they look like. I wonder when the west coast can expect theirs!!! So anxious.

Jipster
11-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I got the same call today. I had ordered two of the gift sets. I told them to cancel my entire order.

JillyFish
11-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Interesting! I got an email this morning saying that my order shipped. I only ordered two sets though. I will have to keep an eye on the credit card statement to see how much I get charged!

MamaO
11-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, methinks someone's not going to have a very happy season at Boca Java. I did have a message from them to call them re a previous order. Will have to see what's up; too late to call tonight so it'll be Friday before I can get through.

I got a call today, too - most likely about the order I placed last week - but I also had an email that it has shipped, and my cc has been charged. It was too late to call them back tonight - and the message said they would not be open Thurs or Fri of this week, and they're not open on the weekend. So it'll be Monday before I can call.

JillyFish
11-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I got a call today, too - most likely about the order I placed last week - but I also had an email that it has shipped, and my cc has been charged. It was too late to call them back tonight - and the message said they would not be open Thurs or Fri of this week, and they're not open on the weekend. So it'll be Monday before I can call.

Were you charged what you thought you were going to be? Or more?

jnorth1007
11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
I had already been charged for the second order and I was so agravated because it seems to me that if they charged me they can't just decide to change the price that their system charged me. The worst part was that I actually spoke to a live person just yesterday about my last order and she saw nothing wrong with it. The invoice that was packed with the sets I got yesterday has the same pricing information as the web site. I know they don't think they can come back expect me to pay full price for those I recieved already. I have 2 different receipts that show the price I paid. I was thinking they were just calling people who hadn't had their orders shipped yet but if they called Michael I am worried. That would be like me buying something at Walmart and coming home to a phone call that they charged me wrong. They can't do that can they???

jnorth1007
11-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I just checked and saw that they also cancelled the shipment of my replacement mugs for the ones that were broken!!!!! Grrrrrr!

sunshinecindy
11-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Dontcha just love how I keep the humor going??!!

Ya, but I think you all have that humor gene. :rotfl:

askomsky
11-22-2007, 10:05 PM
They called me yesterday while we were at MGM in line for the backlot tour, it was a FL number and I didn't think twice so I answered it. They said the same thing, that I was billed incorrectly and that I had to approve the new amount. It was my first order of 2 cocoa sets and I told her, that's the price that came up when I ordered it, she said yeah but it was wrong, and I told her that wasn't my fault, but that if they weren't going to give it to me then just to cancel my order.

Oh well! Back to ordering the Border's giftcards for the teacher gifts.

sunshinecindy
11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
They called me yesterday while we were at MGM in line for the backlot tour, it was a FL number and I didn't think twice so I answered it. They said the same thing, that I was billed incorrectly and that I had to approve the new amount. It was my first order of 2 cocoa sets and I told her, that's the price that came up when I ordered it, she said yeah but it was wrong, and I told her that wasn't my fault, but that if they weren't going to give it to me then just to cancel my order.

Oh well! Back to ordering the Border's giftcards for the teacher gifts.

You know, this really irritates me, I think an email to the affiliate manager is in order. If I go into the store and buy something, it rings up wrong, I get it at that price, thats the law.

disney_girl
11-23-2007, 12:37 AM
I had ordered 2 of the cocoa samplers and some of the small flavored coffees- it ended up being about $45. Anyway, after seeing this thread, I just went to their site and checked my order. I never received a phone call, but my order on their site is listed as "cancelled".

jnorth1007
11-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I think what really upsets me is that these prices were up for AT LEAST 2 weeks. I was able to place an order and receive it before I placed the second order and I placed the second one 2 days after the first. They had to have at least 3-4 people who saw the invoice for my first order and never questioned it. I also SPOKE to a CS who said what a good deal I got. I'm not sure I would want to deal with a company that doesn't resolve loss prevention (or even recognize) any quicker than that. Suppose the issue was that their database was hacked and my informaiton stolen. Would it also take 2 weeks to figure out. Additionaly, they then treated us like we were the problem. I was even "reprimanded" for getting the deal by them cancelling the replacement mugs that they were supposed to send for the 10 mugs that were broken in shipping. I will be on the phone to them Monday and I am so disappointed in the company and their handling of this issue.

mollyeilis
11-23-2007, 03:28 PM
They canceled the mug replacement?

Ooh, not cool.

Candi
11-23-2007, 04:35 PM
This really bothers me as well. Not good customer service. My order was shipped on the 16th so hopefully I will recieve it soon and all will be well. I highly doubt I will ever order again, though.

Jipster
11-23-2007, 09:47 PM
After I told them to cancel my order of 2 gift sets since they weren't going to honor the price, I checked my CC online today and they have charged me (it was a charge for the original amount). If it hasn't been reversed by Monday, I guess I'll have to call them (unless they go ahead and send me the two sets for that price - if they do, I'm sure I'll receive broken mugs!).

LauraLea
11-23-2007, 10:43 PM
oh my. wished i had read this thread earlier.

i placed an order for 3 sets of the 5 tin cocoa sampler, but with 3 of one flavor and 2 of another for each set. rec'd 3 variety samplers w/ the 5 different flavors. called, ok they would reship and i could keep the wrong ones.

they reshipped, but reshipped incorrectly. got another 3 wrong flavors. called and they would reship. i told them i would be glad to send back the wrong ones. no they said, just keep them. i have 12 cans of cocoa that i did not want!!!

meanwhile during all this i place an order for 2 sets of 4 mugs. extremely surprised with the promotional discount they gave me. a total of 8 mugs that should have been over $100, was a total of $28.

well i got a call the other night. mugs no longer available. do i want the $ put on my account, or credited to my credit card. i chose my credit card.

funny, i went to their website the next day. yep! those mugs were still available!!!

i really like their coffee, but i think i am over this!

laura

askomsky
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
You know, this really irritates me, I think an email to the affiliate manager is in order. If I go into the store and buy something, it rings up wrong, I get it at that price, thats the law.

I agree, I was quite upset, but standing in line at MGM was not the time or place to argue with them, if I was at home i would have. I did email them last night and told them to cancel my account, that if their not going to honor a purchase I made, and have such poor customer service, I refuse to do business iwth them.

April

sunshinecindy
11-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I cancelled my account with them. I wrote them a whole story explaining that as a business owner, when you make a mistake in price, you suck it up, and that I didn't care to deal with a company like theirs that just cancels the orders. They made a first offer of free shipping, then I said no, then they offered 50% off next order, I said no. I am not at all happy with this company right now.

jnorth1007
11-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I wonder if they are now stating that the mugs are gone in an effort to cancel the orders without admiting the screw up. I sent them an email last night concerning the replacement mugs and explained the whole mess. If they don't rectify this situation correctly by replacing the mugs for free I will also be cancelling my account. I can't stand a business that treats its customers like they need it instead of the business needs them. Without customers it won't really matter what kind of product they have. Very bad screw up on their part and terrible way to react to it.

SunshineGirl
11-24-2007, 09:58 AM
I think what really upsets me is that these prices were up for AT LEAST 2 weeks. I was able to place an order and receive it before I placed the second order and I placed the second one 2 days after the first. They had to have at least 3-4 people who saw the invoice for my first order and never questioned it. I also SPOKE to a CS who said what a good deal I got. I'm not sure I would want to deal with a company that doesn't resolve loss prevention (or even recognize) any quicker than that. Suppose the issue was that their database was hacked and my informaiton stolen. Would it also take 2 weeks to figure out. Additionaly, they then treated us like we were the problem. I was even "reprimanded" for getting the deal by them cancelling the replacement mugs that they were supposed to send for the 10 mugs that were broken in shipping. I will be on the phone to them Monday and I am so disappointed in the company and their handling of this issue.

I agree. If this whole computer mess would have happened in one day, it would have been one thing. But it happened over 2 weeks, which made it seem that they knew what was going on.

JillyFish
11-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Boy....if they only knew how much business they were losing....

Too bad they can't own up to their own mistake! :(

3dog2kidmom
11-24-2007, 10:27 AM
It's a shame because they are going to have a lot of us cancel our accounts. Their coffee is good and I was willing to pay more for it because 1) it was good, and 2) of the relationship with SR. However I'd just as soon go to the store and buy Starbuck's or Folgers for that matter considering how they've handled this mess.

I did get my cocoa order at the advertised price (only 2 sets), but I'm still upset about they way they have handled the rest of them.

MamaO
11-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Were you charged what you thought you were going to be? Or more?

The charge on my card was less than I thought it would be - I guess due to the same glitch that everyone else is reporting. I've checked my cc amount online every day, and it hasn't changed - we'll see if I get my order, it says it's shipped.

askomsky
11-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I checked today and they did credit my account for the amount they charged, so that's taken care of, but I do want my account closed, that is just bad business, they should have honored their mistake. Like everyone else said, it wasn't a one day thing it happened over two weeks.

jnorth1007
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Well I finally spoke to them today after I called them back and they have decided to take the low road. They will not be replacing the broken mugs unless I want to allow them to charge me the difference between what the original order should have been and what they actually charged me. They are not the least bit remorseful over what has occurred there, as a matter of fact the woman I spoke to stated in not so many words that we should have known the totals were wrong and not ordered. I don't think there is anything I can do at this point except contact the BBB and Atty. General in Florida and make reports of their behavoir. They were so rude it makes me want to take this thing so much further but I also do not want to reflect badly on SR and so will probably let it drop with merely cancelling my account and refusing to recommend them to anyone else. :(

askomsky
11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Well I finally spoke to them today after I called them back and they have decided to take the low road. They will not be replacing the broken mugs unless I want to allow them to charge me the difference between what the original order should have been and what they actually charged me. They are not the least bit remorseful over what has occurred there, as a matter of fact the woman I spoke to stated in not so many words that we should have known the totals were wrong and not ordered. I don't think there is anything I can do at this point except contact the BBB and Atty. General in Florida and make reports of their behavoir. They were so rude it makes me want to take this thing so much further but I also do not want to reflect badly on SR and so will probably let it drop with merely cancelling my account and refusing to recommend them to anyone else. :(

That's how i felt when I talked to them when they called me in Disney.

I do have a question and can't seem to find it anywhere, how many shipments or what is our obligation when we signed up? I went to cancel my account but it told me I was still under obligation, to refer to the FAQ, so I did and clicked on the link and it basically said I would be charged $25 for each offer? and then it would be credited to my account to use towards a purchase????????
I am totally confused on this one, and I can't seem to find what the terms are.

Thanks!
April

jnorth1007
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
They are open until 7pm so call them and find out. They are rude but at least maybe you can find out some answers.

sunshinecindy
11-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Personally, I'd dispute the charge on my credit card citing received broken merchandise. I'd also file a complaint with the BBB. They should not get away with treating people like that.

sunshinecindy
11-26-2007, 06:35 PM
It's a shame because they are going to have a lot of us cancel our accounts. Their coffee is good and I was willing to pay more for it because 1) it was good, and 2) of the relationship with SR. However I'd just as soon go to the store and buy Starbuck's or Folgers for that matter considering how they've handled this mess.

I did get my cocoa order at the advertised price (only 2 sets), but I'm still upset about they way they have handled the rest of them.

Gotta tell ya, got my shipment from Coffees for less...omg,. the New York chocolate fudge is to die for. I'll be sticking with them now. Also, got some awesome coffee from Cybercucina. It wasn't flavored, but it was so rich and full bodied..mmmm.

Soccer Princess
11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
I didn't take part in this offer, but I'm so turned off by their actions toward the rest of you I just called to cancel my account. I will say the girl on the phone was really nice about it though.

sunshinecindy
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM
I just did an online chat with a girl named Tracey, asked her about the cancellation fee as I was never told about that. She said ya that here is one, but my account was never charged it. I told her its probably because when I cancelled I told them I was doing it because they screwed over half our membership. She was aware of the situation, and immediately let me know that one of our members got by on a deal for 350.00. Told her thats not our members fault, that they programmed their own system, our member just paid what they told her to pay, and that sometimes businesses just have to suck it up. She gave me a name and number of someone to talk to. I have left him a message, but he probably won't call me. I hate that one of our merchants is acting this way.

jnorth1007
11-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Well the 350 wasn't me LOL but mine was close it was like 2XX.XX. I truly would have sent back the items and gotten a refund if they hadn't left the issue up there for 2 weeks and if I hadn't spoken to one of their employees who wasn't the least bit concerned about the price issues and agreed it was a great deal. It is frustrating because they are making it sound like we got one over on them. I tried for 2 days to find out if the information was right or wrong before I actually placed my order. I was also completely willing to allow them to cancel or charge the correct amount right up until the moment the order left their warehouse. If they don't have any control over what they are charging people then they shouldn't even be in business. If I had made this purchase anywhere else they would have apologized to me for their mistake instead of treating me like a criminal. Does anybody remember the Disneyshopping white bench fiasco on the other boards? The one where the bench that was supposed to be 219.99 was listed and selling for 29.99. They caught that mistake within hours. This error was up for two weeks. Not to mention it wasn't just on those two deals. ANYTHING you ordered priced out that way. I can't even imagine how many orders they sent out at those prices.

3dog2kidmom
11-26-2007, 08:23 PM
That's how i felt when I talked to them when they called me in Disney.

I do have a question and can't seem to find it anywhere, how many shipments or what is our obligation when we signed up? I went to cancel my account but it told me I was still under obligation, to refer to the FAQ, so I did and clicked on the link and it basically said I would be charged $25 for each offer? and then it would be credited to my account to use towards a purchase????????
I am totally confused on this one, and I can't seem to find what the terms are.

Thanks!
April

April the obligation is 1 shipment, of I believe 4 bags, for the coffee club. I wasn't under the impression that the cocoa offers had an obligation attached to them. Hope not anyway!!

ETA: 1 additional shipment...

jnorth1007
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
No I don't think they do. I couldn't find anyway to cancel my account because I don't belong to the club so I don't have to cancel or worry about a charge. I think the charge/commitment is just for the monthly clubs.

3dog2kidmom
11-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Also, got some awesome coffee from Cybercucina. It wasn't flavored, but it was so rich and full bodied..mmmm.

Hmm... what kind? I need me some coffee!

sunshinecindy
11-27-2007, 01:49 PM
I spoke with the affiliate manager today from Boca Java. He was very understanding about the entire situation. He completely explained to me how the mistake was made, instead of free shipping, he coded 24.95 all quantities. When he explained the options he was given, I gotta tell ya, I would have picked the option he did too, and it would have been wrong. Anyway, I compared my getting out of Kmart and then being stopped to give them more money to what Boca Java is doing. He said that is why the phone call before anymore orders were shipped, sort of like telling you in the store the price is higher and see if you still want it. Ok, got that. Then I addressed the broken mugs, he was shocked at how many mugs were broke and couldn't understand how that happens.Well, I can, I've seen UPS and how they treat packages, however, this seems to have happened either at the warehouse or during packaging, so he said he will make sure all the mugs are replaced, no matter what you paid. He said they are rather ugly though. LOL
Also, I told him that we now have a pretty bad feeling toward Boca Java, and I hate that since he seems to be fair and good to work with, and asked for an exclusive coupon for our members, preferably free shipping. He all but promised that too, and said he will talk with the higher ups, but he thinks he can get that for us, which we all know, would be great. He also is going to address the supervisor that told Janet that it was basically SR fault that we put the wrong code up, he couldn't believe that one, and she will be reprimanded. So, all in all, I think that they are trying to work with us. Oh ya, he said the glitch was caught because of Janets large order. LOL They had about 50 orders all in all, not all SR. He was extremely apologetic about it, and I can tell you, we don't get that much from affiliate managers. So, do you think we ought to give them another chance?

SunshineGirl
11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm sympathetic because I'm a softie in general. LOL! Just kidding. It's clear that this guy screwed up when he coded it. And Cindy is right...some affiliate managers will not even give us their real names little lone actually call us when something goes wrong. So I really appreciate that. But I also know that some of you really feel burned by this.

m 'n c
11-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I did not partake in the offer (was tempted but had no use for the stuff) but based on how apologetic this guy was and how he is willing to take care of the broken items, the rude people on the phone, and try to get a new correct coupon I'd definetly give them another chance.

We all know how call centers work and you never get the same answer or even the correct answer when you call (think WDW) so I'm hoping it was just a bad person having a bad day that took some of the calls in the past few days and that it will get cleared up.

wilsonfamily4
11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I am all for chances. :) If he does what he says and is not just trying to appease you on the phone then another chance seems to be in line. I have made mistakes at work before and to have it be this major would just royaly suck. I feel a bit bad for him

mollyeilis
11-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Well, I didn't order this deal b/c they couldn't answer my question about ingredients in the cocoa (couldn't tell me if "mocha" meant coffee + chocolate, which is what mocha means, and couldn't tell me if there was corn syrup, corn syrup solids, or anything like that) and didn't need the coffees.

But once the prices were getting so weird, I wondered if something was up. And once orders were getting canceled, I was still on BJ's "side", because that's what happens when an item is mispriced. A customer whose order has been shipped won't be charged more, but orders still processing will be canceled. It's the way it works at amazon, and in most internet commerce I've seen. It's better than just charging! Companies usually do have caveats that mispricing won't be honored...

The only sticking point was when they wouldn't replace the mugs that were ordered in good faith. But now that they have addressed that positively, I won't have a problem getting my next shipment of coffee beans.

jnorth1007
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
My only issue from the get go was the replacement mugs. I was totally on board with the cancelling of my second order and would have been fine had they called me before the first order shipped and told me of the mistake. My issues started when they cancelled my replacement mugs because they charged me the wrong price. If that is corrected I am fine. I don't know that I will use them again but I certainly won't discourage others from using them. I completely understand that mistakes occur and I feel as a business you do what you can to correct the issue and lessen the sting of the mistake and then you move on. The sticking point for me is whether or not they show the correct business sense to send me replacement mugs that I should be given because they sent a defective item. IF that gets fixed I will be fine and I will even notify BBB that it has been satisfied satisfactory.

spring
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Personally, I feel really bad for Janet and those others who got "stuck" by this business mistake. I did not do the deal, but I am in the Boca Java club and am awaiting my 1st (obligatory) delivery. I like the coffee, but I am prepared to exit out of the club if the issues are not satisfactorily resolved. I'm glad the affiliate manager is trying to make amends. I will make my decision based on the the resolution of this problem.

sunshinecindy
11-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I just received another email from the affiliate manager. He said that the President has gotten involved with the broken mug issue and has said that he isn't going to replace them because of the good deals, however, this has now been passed on to the Board of Directors. My response to him was how crazy is a company to loose all this business over a few cheap mugs. Thats pretty stupid. I also told him that if they didn't replace them, there would be blogs all over the internet and other shopping sites about their poor customer service. If they don't make good on them, I personally will encourage Tricia to drop them as a merchant, as I would not trust them in the future, but ultimately its her decision. This is a much smaller company then I thought it was originally and I'm sure the loss was hard on them, but thats not our members fault.

Candi
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I recieved my order today. I did recieve one broken mug and will call them about it. Other than that, I was very impressed with the quality of the items I ordered. The gift baskets I am giving are going to be AWESOME!!! My fil and so, mil and sil are all getting really nice baskets with an assortment of coffees, teas, and cocoas plus a coffee scoop, tea scoop, tea infuser, mug, silver canister, honey cinnamon almonds, english tea cookies, peppermint chill cookies all from boca java. Plus, I am adding a cute snowflake tealight holder, a christmas tree frame snowglobe with the kid's Christmas picture, a cute little holiday loaf pan with homemade bread, pepperoni and sausage from dh's elk, and some other homemade goodies. I forgot that it will also have Dale and Thomas popcorn..

JillyFish
11-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I recieved my order today. I did recieve one broken mug and will call them about it. Other than that, I was very impressed with the quality of the items I ordered. The gift baskets I am giving are going to be AWESOME!!! My fil and so, mil and sil are all getting really nice baskets with an assortment of coffees, teas, and cocoas plus a coffee scoop, tea scoop, tea infuser, mug, silver canister, honey cinnamon almonds, english tea cookies, peppermint chill cookies all from boca java. Plus, I am adding a cute snowflake tealight holder, a christmas tree frame snowglobe with the kid's Christmas picture, a cute little holiday loaf pan with homemade bread, pepperoni and sausage from dh's elk, and some other homemade goodies. I forgot that it will also have Dale and Thomas popcorn..

Yowza Candi!!!! Can I be in YOUR family??????

(Glad you got all your stuff and are happy with it!!)

Candi
11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Too funny. I really hope they like it. I am also giving smaller baskets to my siblings and parents but also got them all magazine subscriptions and my parents each a shirt at vista print. I really probably spent only about $100 and that is for a lot of people.

jnorth1007
11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Yanno honestly the mugs really are ugly. The point though is that I paid for a product. The fact that they charged me the wrong price doesn't make it ok not to replace them. The ball is in their court at this point and I will withhold any postive or negative comments until I see what they end up deciding. I filed a complant yesterday with the BBB in their area. Does anyone here think I am wrong to expect these mugs? Honestly, really I want your opinions. I am beginning to feel like I am expecting too much out them and that I shouldn't push the issue but a big part of me says that this is just so wrong.

sunshinecindy
11-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Ok, another update from the affiliate manager. While many people have reported their mugs broke, they are going to be replacing them, it was just janets order with the broken mugs that is in question because they claim to have lost so much money on hers. I pointed out that they didn't lose any money, that they just didn't MAKE any money because the cost of the shipping probably covered the cost of the baskets (not retail) and the shipping was covered by the commissions for the additional sales which we didn't receive. Furthermore, I offered to buy their stupid *** mugs that probably aren't worth more than .25 each anyway to send to our members who deserve to have them replaced. The matter is before the Director of Fixed operations who I suggested call me to discuss this, but we all know he won't.

SunshineGirl
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
The good news for us is that Cindy is on the case. The bad news for Boca Java is that Cindy is on the case. :rotfl:

I'm with Janet. I don't care how ugly the mugs are. I don't care if she plans on throwing them all away. She paid for an order. The order was defective. It should be replaced. They can replace the mugs or they can replace the hundreds of dollars in commissions that I lost. And if they choose to replace the commissions instead, I will share them with Janet. :)

m 'n c
11-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Ok so now I'm mad that they are singling out some orders to fix/replace and some that they won't based on some arbitrary threshold. I would think that after the number of calls and bad "press" they are getting over this that they would suck it up and fix everyone's not just some. That just makes me mad.

Janet - I understand your pressing of the issue from a principle perspective. I'm just not sure how much longer I'd press the issue. I dunno. They should be replacing everyone's not just some peoples but in the end at least you got the product that was worth what you paid and the mugs were extra. I just don't know what to tell you to do from here on out with them.

Candi
11-27-2007, 07:04 PM
After going through my whole order, I also found a cocoa that was dented so I did the live chat on their site. She was very nice and said my cocoa and mug will be shipped by Thursday. I think they handled my problems well but don't like how Janet is being singled out. that is wrong!!

3dog2kidmom
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Yanno honestly the mugs really are ugly. The point though is that I paid for a product. The fact that they charged me the wrong price doesn't make it ok not to replace them. The ball is in their court at this point and I will withhold any postive or negative comments until I see what they end up deciding. I filed a complant yesterday with the BBB in their area. Does anyone here think I am wrong to expect these mugs? Honestly, really I want your opinions. I am beginning to feel like I am expecting too much out them and that I shouldn't push the issue but a big part of me says that this is just so wrong.

I actually like the mugs :rotfl: They are great for a BIG cup of coffee and oatmeal and they hold a whole can of soup so I have one at home and took one to work.

You are absolutely entitled to them and I wouldn't settle for less. Nor would I expect any less of you.

I am hoping for a free shipping code for all of us for your trouble, Janet :angel:

spring
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
This is my take: Janet and anyone else who ordered through Boca Java during the time of BOCA JAVA'S ERROR, ordered in good faith. None of them had a crystal ball as to whether or not the price was a mistake. In fact, Janet went overboard to insure her order was priced correctly and gave them every chance to correct it prior to shipping. The mugs were all part of this package, be they "free" or not, so I think they should be replaced for everyone. Nobody should be singled out, and I don't like fingers being pointed at any one individual by this company. They are trying to make it look like their error is someone else's fault. We all know that is not the case.

With that being said, I say "SUCK IT UP, BOCA JAVA!"

wilsonfamily4
11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
I finally recieved my shipment today. I ordered mine way back when this started. I am really pleased with the cocoas. They will look great in a basket with some other stuff. I cannot wait until I can try some tonight. The cups are ugly but will be nice to use.

ligrumpygirl
11-27-2007, 08:56 PM
OK...there are TWO Janets with large orders...I also saved about the same as Janet #1 so that doesn't help the Janet Club!

I had three broken mugs and have not heard back from them...at this point not sure if I want to. I was going to place another order from them but I will wait and see what they do...

askomsky
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I have to agree with Janet. While I understand it's a small business and hte loss was probably a little more to them then expected, that however DOES NOT excuse the very poor customer service some of us received when talking on the phone. The rude behavior is just not accepted as any good customer service. To accuse us of knowing we were frauding the company is just plain wrong. I'm not sure I would order from them again, to me it's not so much about not honoring the order (bc ok they caught itbefore they shipped more out, the ones who did get it got a good deal, I'm not upset I missed out) but the fact that they aren't replacing these defective mugs and the rudeness of some of their employees. IN all honesty no matter how much money they loss are they willing to lose a ton of customers and possible bad press that will spread over this?

nurseminnie76
11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Well I guess I'll add my two cents now also. I also placed a large order so I guess I am one of "those" orders. I ordered 12 cocoa sets and 5 coffee sets. I didn't order until the 14th or 15th so I honestly thought the prices were a promotion just to get their product and their name out there. I placed a smaller order earlier that day and then decided to order more. I called customer service that night and had them cancel the original order. I told the customer service person that it was such a good deal, that I decided to place a larger order. WHY did customer service not question my order at that time????

Received my order and 4 of the 12 mugs are broken (2 broken handles and 2 completely smashed). I haven't called them yet. I was going to just let it go. But now after the way they have treated Janet, I am very tempted to call and insist that they replace my mugs also.

Waiting to see if Cindy hears anything else.

ETA: I am also a member of the monthly coffee club. I have already received two shipments. I really like the coffee, but if the matter isn't resolved and SR drops them as a merchant, I will be cancelling my account also.

jnorth1007
11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
See that is what I don't get. Your order was bigger than mine was. Why are they deciding to pick on me? Probably because I called to have the mugs replaced. Which I wouldn't have done if there were any that could be used but ALL 10 were broken. They say it was my order that clued them in on the problem so instead of thanking me for saving them from a month of losses they treat me like a criminal. I bet they don't even know the extent of the orders that were at the wrong price. If they think that mine was the biggest and only large one then they have real issues because I know of AT LEAST 3 others on SR alone that were as big or bigger than mine. Funny how they have NO IDEA what is happening in their own company but they need to have a board meeting to discuss replacing my mugs. I think they need a friggin board meeting to discuss hiring a loss prevention manager to help them stay in business. They are in for some rocky times I am afraid.

ligrumpygirl
11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I think they need a friggin board meeting to discuss hiring a loss prevention manager to help them stay in business. They are in for some rocky times I am afraid.

Sounds like they need their own version of our Cindy!!!

PS DH wants to write to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity because BJ is their newest sponsor!

sunshinecindy
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Sounds like they need their own version of our Cindy!!!

PS DH wants to write to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity because BJ is their newest sponsor!

Sounds like they have their own version of crabby me answering all the phone calls from SR members. LOL

Oh, let me write to Rush, I'll tell him his sponsor (whoops) .....but I guess thats for another thread, isn't it.

sunshinecindy
11-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Sounds like they have their own version of crabby me answering all the phone calls from SR members. LOL

Oh, let me write to Rush, I'll tell him his sponsor .....but I guess thats for another thread, isn't it.

Oh, don't delete your thread. A lot of people like him, thats ok, I guess I just can't get past all his negative comments about women.

stacyzim
11-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I tried the Boca Java thing last night. I ordered 3 of the samplers and 4 of the cocoa samplers (the teachers gifts were a great idea). They charged the 24.95 for the first sampler and the rest was free, except for shipping. I was excited. We shall see when it arrives.....

Item(s) Total:
Promo Discount:
Discounts:

Sub-Total:
Shipping:

Total Before Tax:
Sales Tax:

Grand Total:

$134.65
($109.70)
($0.00)
-------
$24.95
$27.55
-------
$52.50
$0.00
-------
$52.50

Kycha
11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I tried the Boca Java thing last night. I ordered 3 of the samplers and 4 of the cocoa samplers (the teachers gifts were a great idea). They charged the 24.95 for the first sampler and the rest was free, except for shipping. I was excited. We shall see when it arrives.....

Item(s) Total:
Promo Discount:
Discounts:

Sub-Total:
Shipping:

Total Before Tax:
Sales Tax:

Grand Total:

$134.65
($109.70)
($0.00)
-------
$24.95
$27.55
-------
$52.50
$0.00
-------
$52.50

Looks to me like they never fixed their error. So what does that say about this company?

SunshineGirl
11-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I hate to even post this, but they only sent me half of my order. The didn't include either of the coffee packs that I ordered or 4 cocoa sets (which were only $14 to begin with and even with the discount, I paid 7 for them). It almost looks like they just decided to ship what they thought the "real" value of my credit charge was. So I called and they said that it was a mistake and they will send it all out by Friday. We'll see what happens.

Candi
11-28-2007, 08:47 PM
WOW, it looks like they still haven't fixed the error. They are messed up.

MamaO
11-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Just opened my order - I knew by the condition of the outer carton that it might not be good news. Neither mug was broken in pieces, but there was a huge gouge on the bottom edge of one of them.

The worst, though, was the condition of the boxes inside. The cocoa containers and coffee are OK, but the gift boxes are marred, ripped, and dented. The ribbons were so poorly tied that I just took them off and threw them away.

I took my order paper out of the bottom of the box (the one that says: Greetings from Boca Java. Thank you for your order. We hope to see you again soon). Right above that there was a green sticker that says:

Packed with Care By Team #11

I am in the process of writing them an email to let them know what I think of Team #11's packing skills!!!!!!

jnorth1007
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Funny that is the same team number on my packed with care lable LOL I think team #11 needs some more training on packing with care.

nurseminnie76
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
My order was "carefully" packed by Team #10. I'm guessing all the teams need more training!

SunshineGirl
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Whoever packed mine with less than half of what I paid for didn't even include the invoice with the sticker. LOL! I'm guessing they didn't want to admit that they did it.

stacyzim
12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I received all of my Boca Java in great condition and the awesome free price for all my extras except for shipping. Is Boca Java gone now? My mom was going to order some...

wilsonfamily4
12-05-2007, 11:13 PM
there stuff is good. I am drinking the white chocolate stuff now. I made too big of a cup. Will have to drink smaller amounts. I hope the rest will be just as good.

sammielynn
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
I received all of my Boca Java in great condition and the awesome free price for all my extras except for shipping. Is Boca Java gone now? My mom was going to order some...

Wondering the same thing.................
I just read the entire thread, never mind I don't think I will do business with them.

sunshinecindy
12-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes, they are gone. They aren't the kind of company we want to represent on here, and if you read the entire thread, you'll see why.

JHarveyTN
12-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I ordered the two sampler packs for $39.80 last month & 2 unbroken mugs. Everything went fine with my order and I have not been contacted by the company & my credit card hasn't had any corrected charges. However, based on the way my fellow SR members have been treated, Boca Jova is definately NOT a company I want to do business with in the future. By the way, I gave the cocoa as gifts but kept 1 tin for myself; I tried it last night & was not impressed! Checked out the ingredient list & was a bit disappointed in what I read. Not a company or product I would recommend! Thanks SR for standing up for your members!

jnorth1007
01-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Just a little update. I filed a complaint with the BBB in their area back in November and I received a response from them today that the company refused to respond to any attempts by the BBB to get information about the issue. They have rated this company an "F" because they refuse to handle complaints and have dishonest advertising and pricing policies. This is obviously not a company that should be in business anymore. What a joke they are.

JillyFish
01-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Very interesting......what a shame!!!! :(

spring
01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Just a little update. I filed a complaint with the BBB in their area back in November and I received a response from them today that the company refused to respond to any attempts by the BBB to get information about the issue. They have rated this company an "F" because they refuse to handle complaints and have dishonest advertising and pricing policies. This is obviously not a company that should be in business anymore. What a joke they are.

Thanks for the update.......now off to cancel my membership with them.

mollyeilis
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, I've sent them an email to cancel my account with them. I had no problems, and quite liked most of their coffees, but in solidarity I've done so. Who knows when those problems might move over into the regular shipments, and if I were to have a problem, I'd hate to have those people "helping" me resolve it!

Checking....Oh good, that other coffee place has finished their new website and actually has a place to become a new customer! :clap:

3dog2kidmom
01-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Well, I've sent them an email to cancel my account with them. I had no problems, and quite liked most of their coffees, but in solidarity I've done so. Who knows when those problems might move over into the regular shipments, and if I were to have a problem, I'd hate to have those people "helping" me resolve it!

Checking....Oh good, that other coffee place has finished their new website and actually has a place to become a new customer! :clap:

I believe their terms and conditions state you must phone them to cancel. I need to remember to do that tomorrow!

sunshinecindy
01-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I emailed them to cancel and there wasn't a problem. I received a cancellation email. I now by from Coffees For Less and its wonderful coffee. I don't think the site is too easy to navigate, but the coffee is some of the best I've had. They carry a few different brands and everyone I've had is excellent. I will stay with them and Cybercucinas now.

mollyeilis
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I believe their terms and conditions state you must phone them to cancel. I need to remember to do that tomorrow!

I noticed that, but there's also no indication of their hours, so I figure, if they have decided to close their offices without any indication, then they can certainly deal with an email!

And if they answer that I need to call, then I can do that, but I've been trying to remember to call DS's dentist to find out where our 6 month reminder has gone for TWO WEEKS...so my memory ain't workin' so well recently!:p Do things while I'm thinking of it is my motto right now.

spring
01-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I, too, emailed them with my cancellation. If I don't get a confirmation in a few days, I will also call them. Nobody treats my sunshine family with such disrespect and gets my business!

mollyeilis
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Bwa ha ha.

Having been a GOOD customer service rep, I am mystified by bad assistance. The type that tells me "I can't help you, go to our site and look at the Help section on how to cancel."

Um, yeah, I've been there, and it says to call, but you weren't OPEN so I emailed. As detailed in my email to you. But really, you couldn't just tell me to call? You want me to go back to my account, thinking maybe there's a button to click, when I'm just going to find the message to call in?

And then she says "if you want to just delay shipments you can put them out to 8 weeks." Oh, you mean the way I HAVE IT?

And also "if you were part of a special signup you might have further obligations". Yep. Why not peer into my account, take those 5 seconds, just so you don't have to include that part of the blurb that isn't accurate for me?

It doesn't take that long to be good, and it frustrates people so much less... Sigh.

jnorth1007
01-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I used that handy little link from a site that posts information about scam companies and entered Boca Java. (She had posted about the make up company) Well there were many complaints about BJ and the fact that they avoid emails from members and cancellations so that they can get as many coffee shipments out of customers as they can. Crazy that I really thought this was a good company making bad decisions when this started. Now I see that this is just a truly crooked company.

mollyeilis
01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Interesting. Under "suspend shipments", a link in Your Account, there is a link that states you're canceling. Interesting. I think I'll try that out.

Another rotten thing they do is that you can't edit or delete your CC info or your address. I do not like that.

spring
01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, I e-mailed Boca Java yesterday to cancel my membership. I got an e-mail back from them today stating I can't cancel via e-mail and gave me the phone number and their hours.

Obviously, I immediately picked up the phone and dialed. While trying to pick the correct option from their voice menu, my ears pricked up when they mentioned you could cancel on-line. Considering that is what I did yesterday, it gave me a good laugh!

Anyway, I did cancel and got an e-mail stating this along with a confirmation number. It asked me to send them the reason back for cancellation, and I stated that too many Sunshine Rewards Members were having issues with them, and I won't do business with a company such as that. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Boca Java.:rotfl:

speechteachri
01-02-2008, 06:51 PM
WOW!!! I just read through this thread! Oh my...I cancelled my membership in the middle of December because I had a pending shipment I did not want. I wish I had read all this then, I would have mentioned the reason was due to the way SR members were being treated. I'm glad I want ahead and cancelled when I did!

This whole thing is too bad, because I really liked their coffee, but I guess I'll have to try another company now!

Blessing and Miracle
01-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Okay, I was looking for the link to order me some more coffee. There is a cetain flavor that is simply wonderful and they give a percentage back to the Leukemia Society for that particular flavor. I couldn't find the link so I decided to come here to see if any info was posted regarding Boca Java, and boy, did I get more than I bargained for. LOL. I had no idea this was going on. I remembered reading the first few posts on this and all was well. I didn't need anymore coffee, so I didn't read anymore at the time. LOL. During all of this mayhem, I had cancelled my account because I was receiving too much of it too quickly!

Now, I see why the link is gone! LOL. I'm sorry guys you had to go through all of this! And, Janet, what can I say! LOL. You deserve :hugs:. Oh well, so much for that, I guess I'll see whom else I can buy from.

3dog2kidmom
01-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Okay, I was looking for the link to order me some more coffee.

Received my Gevalia this week and I do like it!

SunshineGirl
01-15-2008, 10:42 AM
This is the sad thing about Boca Java. From what I understand, the coffee is REALLY good. I gave my sister the gift box for Christmas and she has raved about how she likes it more than Starbucks. They are really trying to get SR's business back. But I just don't want to see the members get hurt.

spring
01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
This is the sad thing about Boca Java. From what I understand, the coffee is REALLY good. I gave my sister the gift box for Christmas and she has raved about how she likes it more than Starbucks. They are really trying to get SR's business back. But I just don't want to see the members get hurt.

I'll bet they want our business back! When I cancelled, I told them EXACTLY how I felt about their treatment to SR members. I, personally, did not have a problem, but I also won't have fellow members being attacked. Unless they can clean up their act, no more Boca Java for me. It makes me sad, however, as it is great coffee.:(

Blessing and Miracle
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM

I'm not a huge coffee drinker. I mostly drink it during the winter months, but their coffee is soo good that I probably would become an everyday drinker. One of their flavors: Lee's Caramel Kiss, is simply heavenly! And, it was made especially for someone's grandmother who'd battle Leukemia for 10 years. Portions of the proceeds from that particular coffee is donated to the Leukemia and Lymphomia Society. Of course, this meant the world to me! But the way you treat your customers mean something to me as well! I personally, did not have a problem with them, but it's whatever you guys decide! If we don't get them back, I'm sure I can find something else on here.

Blessing and Miracle
01-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Received my Gevalia this week and I do like it!

I may give it a try! Thanks for the tip!

jnorth1007
01-16-2008, 10:54 PM
This company never ceases to amaze me! They are one piece of work. I just got an email from the BBB and it had an attachment with Boca Java's response to my complaint. Keep in mind that this is 2 months after my order and complaint. They are stating to the BBB that they are waiting for my decision on their offer to replace my mugs for the price of 242.XX or credit my card for 78.20. The 78.20 was my original charge amount and they only offered to credit that if I returned all of the merchandise that they sent me. So in other words they are offering to charge me almost 250.00 for the mugs or credit me for the original order once I send back the merchandise ( I assume at my expense.) I am so mad I am shaking. This is absolutely rediculous. I already paid for the mugs the first time why should I pay almost 25.00 a piece for new ones that are now obsolete since they are Christmas mugs?????? I responded to the response through the BBB and told them that I wouldn't pay for new mugs since I had already paid for them. I also told them that I would expect this company to send me 10 replacement mugs or credit my account for the value of the mugs. Lets see what happens to this one.

m 'n c
01-16-2008, 11:01 PM
umm that makes a lot of sense janet. Send everything back and get a replacement for over $100 more than you paid for the stuff the first time. Give me a break.

SunshineGirl
01-16-2008, 11:10 PM
They obviously just want you to drop it because they know that you are going to do neither of the things that are listed.

jnorth1007
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Exactly! I actually considered just not replying and dropping. This is what they want though because then their file will show that they offered some sort of restitution and I failed to respond. The worst part is that they are saying that they have been waiting on a response from me when the last conversation I had with them was that they were not replacing anything because the mistake wasn't theirs. If I wasn't such a lady I would spit! Oh who am I kidding! I did spit, in the toilet of course, and then I got a beer cause I needed it!

tommygirl79
04-29-2008, 02:13 PM
My goodness - what hole was I in when all of this was going on. I was just getting ready to possibly place an order for Mother's Day and searched on here since I couldn't find the shopping link. Man...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their coffee,but have had to put off shipments for awhile now because I had a stockpile. However, I too am now off to cancel my membership - bad business practices to say the least!

Blessing and Miracle
04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
My goodness - what hole was I in when all of this was going on. I was just getting ready to possibly place an order for Mother's Day and searched on here since I couldn't find the shopping link. Man...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their coffee,but have had to put off shipments for awhile now because I had a stockpile. However, I too am now off to cancel my membership - bad business practices to say the least!

Yeah, I miss their wonderful coffee!

mollyeilis
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm a 3rd missing them, but gave them up in solidarity with others. :( :)

SunshineGirl
04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm open to adding them back if enough people want them and have not been having any problems with them the last couple of months. But I will go with what the group wants because I truly do not care either way. We do have the rating system where people who had bad experiences can give them low scores as a warning to others who have might be looking at them.

Blessing and Miracle
04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm open to adding them back if enough people want them and have not been having any problems with them the last couple of months. But I will go with what the group wants because I truly do not care either way. We do have the rating system where people who had bad experiences can give them low scores as a warning to others who have might be looking at them.

Everyone deserves a second chance.:angel: Please add them back. I simply adore their flavored coffee!

askomsky
04-29-2008, 08:25 PM

I think if enough people want it go ahead and give them a 2nd chance. The ones who are done with them, just won't have to order from them! Easy peasy! :sunshine:

jnorth1007
04-29-2008, 10:55 PM
You won't hurt my feelings by adding them back LOL. I won't be ordering from them again as they have yet to respond back to the BBB again. I think that everyone has the right to make their own purchasing decisions though so happy buying! :)

3dog2kidmom
04-29-2008, 11:33 PM

Maybe they'll give us a nice coupon? Or a new offer we can do again for those of us who might want to rejoin and give them a 2nd chance? I do adore their coffee...