PDA

View Full Version : Next Sunshine Charity?

SunshineGirl
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
We're looking for suggestions for our next Sunshine Rewards Donation Station where members can donate their credits and we match them. We'll also have some auction items where we will be donating the proceeds of the sales to the charity.

So we wanted to toss it out to our loyal members...which charity would you personally like to see this month?

Hedy
08-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I would like to see either a hunger related charity or a mental health charity. I'm leaving it vague as I don't know how specific you want to get.

SunshineGirl
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Feel free to be specific. :)

speechteachri
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Here are a couple of good ones:

ALS Association http://www.alsa.org/

Autism Speaks http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Or a Parkinson charity might be nice.

29apr00
08-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Make a wish foundation or St Jude's Childrens hospital

bbangel
08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
How about Feeding America?

29apr00
08-04-2010, 02:25 PM
can we consider the national deficit a charity? :headache:

Blessing and Miracle
08-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I would love to see the Leukemia Society. I'm a receipient and I can truly say that they disburse funds to patients.

29apr00
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I would love to see the Leukemia Society. I'm a receipient and I can truly say that they disburse funds to patients.

do you have a link or something to this organization?

DarcyDog
08-04-2010, 05:18 PM
My vote goes to Animal Rescue or the ASPCA. Animals literally have no voice and depend on us humans to take care of them. Unfortunately, there are some who don't or can't take care of them, so these organizations can step in to help.

I quit smoking 2 years ago and decided that the cost of the carton of cigarettes I used to smoke in a week should go to the ASPCA. Definitely a better trade for me and them!

jnorth1007
08-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Juvenile Diabetes Research

spring
08-04-2010, 05:46 PM

I second this idea as my son-in-law is also battling a rare strain of leukemia.

Here's the link to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society webpage: http://www.leukemia.org/hm_lls

Blessing and Miracle
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I second this idea as my son-in-law is also battling a rare strain of leukemia.

Pat, I'm so sorry. What type is it?

Jennifer, I don't have a link but it's The Lymphomia and Leukemia Society.

It use to just be The Leukemia Society but they've recently added Lymphomia with it because its also a blood related cancer.

speechteachri
08-04-2010, 10:26 PM

It use to just be The Leukemia Society but they've recently added Lymphomia with it because its also a blood related cancer.

This is a wonderful charity!!! Great idea.

Ellen aka Snow White
08-05-2010, 08:00 AM
I have a personal interest in COTA - Children's Organ Transplant Association. My family has learned within the last 7 months that both my nephew and niece are going to have to have a kidney transplant. We have researched and this is an organization that offers help to those that are working to help themselves. I'm like so many and always thought this just happens to other people :confused:. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are both working professionals but this is a HUGE financial burden that we will all be working on helping them meet.
The link will be to their personal website, however donations can be made to just the organization. Thanks for taking time to read.
Ellen
http://cotaformatthewandkathryns.com/

spring
08-05-2010, 08:04 AM

Chronic eosiniphilic leukemia, very rare according to his doctors.

nicholfamily5
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I too vote for Juvenile Diabetes Research.