PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant.com

sunshinecindy
11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Has their 50% off again for limited time. Buy a $10.00 cert for only $5.00. Thats a really good deal. I stock up when they run these.

jnorth1007
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Do they have Rainforest Cafe?

sunshinecindy
11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I doubt it. It goes by City so it would make a difference too where you are looking at.

m4travels
11-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I definitely second what Cindy says. If you're able to get the certficates for your zip code, these are GREAT deals.

jnorth1007
11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
They don't have anything close to me. They do have a few from down in New Orleans but they aren't places I have ever been to or heard of. I was thinking maybe of someplace in Orlando for our trip.

m4travels
11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I ran the Orlando zip code a while back and they have quite a bit listed, but I have NO idea where these restaurants are located in relationship to Disney.

jl8595
11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm always teased by these great Restaurant.com deals! They don't have any (decent) participating restaurants in my neck of the woods. Drat!!

nicnik
11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I've never used restaurant.com before, but the 50% off promo has me interested. There are several places near me, and several more in places where family & friends live so it could be a good gift as well. But I don't really *get* how it works. Can someone explain?

In particular, I'm wondering about the "give a gift" option. For example, if I want to buy one $25 gift certificate, it will cost $10 - and then minus the 50% code it will cost $5. Say I give that certificate to my friend. When she logs in to restaurant.com to spend it buying a certificate to "Neighborhood Restaurant" where it says that a $25 gift certificate is $10, she can buy 2 and have $5 leftover, right? I'm just having trouble believing it because in the end my friend will get more than $50 worth of meals for my $5 purchase.

Am I misunderstanding how it works? Thanks for always holding my hand SRers! :)

3dog2kidmom
11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I've never used restaurant.com before, but the 50% off promo has me interested. There are several places near me, and several more in places where family & friends live so it could be a good gift as well. But I don't really *get* how it works. Can someone explain?

In particular, I'm wondering about the "give a gift" option. For example, if I want to buy one $25 gift certificate, it will cost $10 - and then minus the 50% code it will cost $5. Say I give that certificate to my friend. When she logs in to restaurant.com to spend it buying a certificate to "Neighborhood Restaurant" where it says that a $25 gift certificate is $10, she can buy 2 and have $5 leftover, right? I'm just having trouble believing it because in the end my friend will get more than $50 worth of meals for my $5 purchase.

Am I misunderstanding how it works? Thanks for always holding my hand SRers! :)

I'll let someone a little more knowledgeable than myself explain how they work, but as for a gift idea... we got a restaurant certificate printed out on really nice Christmas stationery along with a bottle of wine last year and I thought that was a neat idea.