PDA

View Full Version : Digital Future Community

SunshineGirl
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
We've been invited to try a special survey opportunity that pays you 1.50 to download a browser extension. The add-on does monitor website visits but for research only and should not overwrite cookies. I downloaded it and have not had any problems.

If you are willing to help me out and test it out right now before we really start announcing it, here is the name:

Digital Future Community

You'll find it under Offers.

Let me know if 1) you qualify, 2) you can download and install, and 3) you get returned to a Sunshine Rewards page at the end and get credit.

DarcyDog
08-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Is it a one-time download and when you're finished, you can take it off? Or, is it a download you have to keep on permanently?

PSL1013
08-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Is it a one-time download and when you're finished, you can take it off? Or, is it a download you have to keep on permanently?

I just checked it out and you have to keep the download active for six months while they follow your internet activity...I opted to back out of it, I don't want anyone following me on the internet. HTH

29apr00
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
i've seen that survey come thru SH quite a few times lately I think......I've always exited out because it says the download has to stay for 6 months and tracks the websites you visit and what you purchase......but it doesn't keep and store any personal information. :confused: I'm not interested, not even for $1.50

SunshineGirl
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
It's actually a really reputable company. One of the most reputable online for data collection. Otherwise, I would not run it. I know that some people download toolbars for .50 on other rewards sites, and I am trying to find things that I think are legit but a little outside of our normal box. It's tough.

You need to download it and give it a shot to get the credit. If it messes up your computer or you start getting any kind of spyware alerts, you should absolutely remove it immediately and let me know about it. I have a couple of toolbars that I keep on my Firefox that I know track me, but the data is important (like Alexa). It's making sure that they are not capturing any PERSONAL data that you have to be really careful of.

Blessing and Miracle
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the internet seems to follow you everywhere you go these days. Every site I visit shows up as a banner now. At first I thought it was strange that I had just visited a site and then a few seconds later a banner with that particular site showed up. Not speaking of SR. This happens when I'm using Google or Yahoo or even my email. Someone's out there tracking our every move without our permission or without downloading a toolbar. I'm just saying.

m 'n c
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I'll give it a try tonight when I get home and am on my personal computer. It can't be any worse than a tracking cookie if it works as you have described it.

SunshineGirl
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the internet seems to follow you everywhere you go these days. Every site I visit shows up as a banner now. At first I thought it was strange that I had just visited a site and then a few seconds later a banner with that particular site showed up. Not speaking of SR. This happens when I'm using Google or Yahoo or even my email. Someone's out there tracking our every move without our permission or without downloading a toolbar. I'm just saying.

You are right. That's re-marketing. They place a cookie on your system when you visit a site. Then when you are on another site with certain types of advertising (like Google ads---which are everywhere!!), that merchant serves their ads back to you. It operates under the premise that it takes people on average 7 times to see or hear the same message before they make a purchase. I always think it's funny when I visit a merchant on SR to look for a coupon or something and then for the next week I see their banner on every news page I visit!!

Mandi
08-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Is it a German company? I had a SSI (or maybe it was SH?) survey that wanted me to download a tracking program for 6 months but I backed out of it. I had never heard of them and was a bit leery.

SunshineGirl
08-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Is it a German company? I had a SSI (or maybe it was SH?) survey that wanted me to download a tracking program for 6 months but I backed out of it. I had never heard of them and was a bit leery.

It's actually being done by the parent company of Greenfield.

wendyburger
08-19-2010, 01:58 PM
I started it, and then had internet problems that forced me to close the brower....went back in to start it again and won't let me. Says I already took the survey.

sammielynn
08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I just downloaded it, will see what happens.

sammielynn
08-19-2010, 02:15 PM
2021287 Paid Signup: Digital Future Community 1.50 Credits 08/19/2010

It worked!

gpp2001
08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Wouldn't let me in because I use a Mac - it says it needs Windows and IE. Bummer. :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
08-19-2010, 02:54 PM
I started it, and then had internet problems that forced me to close the brower....went back in to start it again and won't let me. Says I already took the survey.

Maybe you could do it if you cleared your cookies?

SCard
08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
I had seen this previously in a survey and closed the window because I did not want to download anything from an unknown source. I just installed it, I will post if it credits. :)

SunshineGirl
08-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Please let me know if you install it if 1) You get returned to a Sunshine Rewards page that thanks you for signing up and 2) If you get credit. You will NOT get credit if it does not return you to the SR page. And I have a feeling that most people are not getting returned to the SR page. The question will be whether the report that they provide me tomorrow has all of your subids. :confused:

SCard
08-19-2010, 05:59 PM
I did not get returned to the SR page. It is installed on my computer, I checked for the add on in IE. No credit yet, but it has been less than an hour.

mollyeilis
08-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Mac+Firefox = didn't qualify.

Took me to the URL: http://www.sunshinerewards.com/tol_term.php but it was entirely blank.

You might want to give them some feedback...their survey's a little messed up.

Please indicate which of the following ethnic or racial groups you personally identify most closely with.
(Select one answer.)

Less than $25,000
$25,000-49,999
$50,000-74,999
$75,000-99,999
$100,000+

:cool:

sammielynn
08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Please let me know if you install it if 1) You get returned to a Sunshine Rewards page that thanks you for signing up and 2) If you get credit. You will NOT get credit if it does not return you to the SR page. And I have a feeling that most people are not getting returned to the SR page. The question will be whether the report that they provide me tomorrow has all of your subids. :confused:

I got credit and was returned to the SR page. I did do a computer restart before I was returned to the SR page.

Miska
08-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Signed up but never got returned to SR Congratulations page after the download:computer::computer::computer:

SunshineGirl
08-19-2010, 07:49 PM
I got credit and was returned to the SR page. I did do a computer restart before I was returned to the SR page.

I wonder if the restart is the issue. I didn't restart and didn't get the SR page.

SCard
08-19-2010, 08:16 PM
I wonder if the restart is the issue. I didn't restart and didn't get the SR page.

I did the restart as it was in the instructions. didn't go to SR page after restart and I did not get credit.

m 'n c
08-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I rebooted but no redirection. We'll see what happens. I did it in Firefox and that might be the problem....

mellymel261
08-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I did this offer, restarted, did not go back to SR page and did NOT get credit

29apr00
08-19-2010, 09:40 PM
i didn't get anything that told me to restart and didn't go back to SR.

Miska
08-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Didnt get credit for this one-went through all the steps. Any chance we will?:cry::cry:

Alice28
08-20-2010, 11:37 PM
signed up and downloaded and no redirecting to SR, nor credit. :(

svwkirby
08-21-2010, 02:50 PM
signed up and downloaded and no redirecting to SR, nor credit. :(

Same thing here. I did it sometime yesterday and still haven't seen credit.

SunshineGirl
08-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Just an update that if your credits do NOT come through automatically, Greenfield will still be sending us a report later with all of the ids so that we can manually credit.

SCard
08-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Just an update that if your credits do NOT come through automatically, Greenfield will still be sending us a report later with all of the ids so that we can manually credit.

Thanks! I'm #11 on the Big Board and this might help me move up some

mellymel261
08-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Oh good to hear my computer has run much slower since putting that on it so the $1.50 will be greatly appreciated.

Alice28
08-24-2010, 01:01 PM
did the credits come through? I didn't receive one- just am curious. I will take off the download if I don't get the credit. Thanks!

SunshineGirl
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
The credits will not come until they are done running the offer. They are trying to get to a certain number of signups (not sure what that is) before they close it out.

Alice28
08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
OK, I will hang in awhile longer. Thanks Tricia.

mellymel261
09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Just wanted to follow up on this, windows tries to run an update on it every few days and macafee is suggesting it is not a good idea so I wanted to see if there was an estimated time to get the credit on this?

SCard
10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Any updated status on this; I've had installed on my computer since August 19th?

Thanks.

SCard
11-09-2010, 07:09 PM
The credits will not come until they are done running the offer. They are trying to get to a certain number of signups (not sure what that is) before they close it out.

Anything new on this? It's been close to 90 days.

Thanks

SunshineGirl
11-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Nothing so far. :( So I would say you can safely remove it if it isn't doing anything for you.