PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to buy Wine!!!

LauraLea
11-14-2007, 07:56 PM
:(

Tricia,

Since you are a lawyer, maybe you could help change the laws in Indiana so I could by wine. The MyWines offer is great, but we cannot use it!

Laura

SunshineGirl
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm totally with you! Apprently the Indiana legislature has made a decision that it needs to protect in-state wineries from out-of-state competition. I just saw that one of my former professors from IU (who was also our ICLU rep at IU) filed suit challenging the state law.

When I was in law school, I heard that because Mr. Oliver was a big-shot attorney and legislator (and the owner of Oliver Winery), he ensured that Indiana laws were passed that gave huge protection to Indiana wineries (like being able to buy wine from wineries on Sunday when you cannot buy alcohol anywhere else). I don't know if it was just an old wives tale or not, but it makes sense.

sunshinecindy
11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
:(

Tricia,

Since you are a lawyer, maybe you could help change the laws in Indiana so I could by wine. The MyWines offer is great, but we cannot use it!

Laura

You could always ship it here. :p

ligrumpygirl
11-14-2007, 08:34 PM
You could always ship it here. :p

The question is will she see it?? Or do you need to taste it to make sure if it all good??

sunshinecindy
11-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey, I didn't promise anything, I just said she could ship it here.:angel: