PDA

View Full Version : My shopping spree...

jnorth1007
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
:rotfl: I just went through my SR email folder where I store all of my order confirmations and CRAP I spent some money the last 2 weeks LOL but I swear I got some AWESOME deals. Here is what I got:

Bracelet and earring set from Shopdani for 9.00
Mickey earring and necklace sets from Baubles, bling and things
Aurora and Belle crowns, shoes and wands from Disney (only 7.99 each! )
ELF makeup 31 pieces for 31.00 LOL
2 magazine.com orders for 6 magazines
Deep Discount.com 2 DVDs for 25.00
10 Boca Java Cocoa sets
Dale & Thomas Popcorn (8 bucks after free gift card)
Crocs from shoebuy
Christmas cards from Vista Print
Webkinz and gifts from Kimmy

Now my DH will kill me if he knew I was christmas shopping already LOL since I am still waiting for my Christmas savings check to arrive. How could I pass up such great deals?????

wilsonfamily4
11-15-2007, 12:09 AM
you are so like me. We get our check in about 2 weeks but I saw some good deals already. :) Boy I love to shop

SunshineGirl
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
I need to get in there and get some shopping done!! So far, I've ordered Cindy's bday present, DD6's bday party stuff, DD6's bday present, Boca Java for random gifts, and some Sephora stuff I needed. But I have soooooo much left to go because there is no way I will buy something in a REAL store. LOL!

jnorth1007
11-15-2007, 12:13 AM
If I have it my way I will not buy a single present from a Brick and Mortar store this year LOL. I am boycotting it. I am hoping there are some good free shipping codes for the day after Thanksgiving or later. If not it is a price I will pay to avoid the mobs.

JillyFish
11-15-2007, 12:16 AM
DH is not too happy with me about how much I've been spending. I told him it was all Christmas gifts and I was trying to spread the spending out instead of doing it ALL in December! Thought that would help my case but it didn't have too much affect on him.

Ever hear of the "5 love languages"?? Mine is GIFTS.....his is most definitely NOT!! :rotfl:

jnorth1007
11-15-2007, 12:19 AM
LOL Jill Mine is also gifts and of course Brandons is the one that has to do with physical signs of affection LOL in other words touching!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: So I figure if he gives me enough gifts Ill love him in his language :angel:

JillyFish
11-15-2007, 12:24 AM
LOL Jill Mine is also gifts and of course Brandons is the one that has to do with physical signs of affection LOL in other words touching!!!!!!!!!! So I figure if he gives me enough gifts Ill love him in his language :angel:

OMG....sounds just like US!!!!! :rotfl: (Don't tell DH I told you though! He would be :blush:!!) :rotfl:

Blessing and Miracle
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
I can't begin to say how much Christmas shopping I've done! I tell you what...I just hope and pray that Tricia doesn't kick me out of SR like another site that shall go nameless because I earned too much:(

Every since I was diagnoised with Luekemia in 2000, I've done 99.9 percent of my shopping online, so joining a reward site was a blessing in disguise. I buy everything but grocieries and major appliances online and with a family of eight, you know I do alot of shopping!

Maybe tomorrow I'll list all of my goodies!:angel:

JillyFish
11-15-2007, 12:45 AM
I didn't tell you what I've bought......

Disney Shopping-Toy Story playset for DS, Cinderella playset for DD, and princess hand-held game for Dniece,
Circuit City-Disney hand-held game for DS for his birthday 12/10
Dale & Thomas-6-pack sampler for BF and her DH
Boca Java-coffees for BIL and for my mom for her birthday 11/17, 2 cocoa samplers and 2 coffee samplers for in-laws, grandparents, and two gift exchanges
Borders-GC's for teachers

I've done some brick and mortar shopping but only because I've either found good deals or couldn't justify the shipping online.

Lisa, I would LIVE to see your list. Every time I see your name at the top of the Big Board I think...."Boy, that girl must be SHOPPING!!!" :rotfl:

Blessing and Miracle
11-15-2007, 12:49 AM
:rotfl:
I didn't tell you what I've bought......

Disney Shopping-Toy Story playset for DS, Cinderella playset for DD, and princess hand-held game for Dniece,
Circuit City-Disney hand-held game for DS for his birthday 12/10
Dale & Thomas-6-pack sampler for BF and her DH
Boca Java-coffees for BIL and for my mom for her birthday 11/17, 2 cocoa samplers and 2 coffee samplers for in-laws, grandparents, and two gift exchanges
Borders-GC's for teachers

I've done some brick and mortar shopping but only because I've either found good deals or couldn't justify the shipping online.

Lisa, I would LIVE to see your list. Every time I see your name at the top of the Big Board I think...."Boy, that girl must be SHOPPING!!!" :rotfl:

:rotfl: Shhh, my husband is listening and reading as I type. I'll have to give you girls and update tomorrow when he's at work. LOL. LOL. LOL.:rotfl:

jnorth1007
11-15-2007, 12:49 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: A secret shopping club!!!

Blessing and Miracle
11-15-2007, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=jnorth1007;76520 A secret shopping club!!![/QUOTE]

Now you're talking!:rotfl:
Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm a member of the SR Secret Shopping Club.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Alice28
11-15-2007, 01:12 AM
My AMEX is smoking from my last few weeks of shopping.

Lands End- $100- work shirts for DH
Shoebuy- $122 2 different orders, one today for DD, one last week for DH for 2 pairs of shoes
DisneyShopping- Christmas gift for DD & Mom- $56
Amazon- video game for DS9, books for DS9 $40 (but with $31 gift cert from the coinstar thing)
Dale and Thomas- popcorn sampler thing with the $20 gift card
Hearthsong- $200 gifts for both DSs and DD. And used a bleeping coupon code which therefore denied my SR credits. Whoops. But I did save $13 on shipping, so it's all good.

I am almost done with Christmas shopping for the kidlets. I did quite a bit online, but the shipping is what trips me up- since I live in a major city with all the stores, I hate to pay shipping most of the time. I do want to get one more big item at Toys R Us- if the item I want is free ship, I will order it thru SR. I also need to make a Barnes and Noble order. :cooldance:

mollyeilis
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I tell you what...I just hope and pray that Tricia doesn't kick me out of SR like another site that shall go nameless because I earned too much:(

Whaaaat?

Recently I ordered through disneyshopping (and got the credit already) for a lanyard for me and a lanyard for DH...he has a new job and wants a nightmare before Christmas lanyard for his work badge, and I just wanted one.:p

Ordered a shirt and a v-tech camera for DS from Target...we were going to buy them at the store and then DS fell in the clothing department, hit his head on a clothing rack base, and that trip ended in the ER :confused: so I can't really handle going BACK to Target for awhile.

Just ordered a laptop through the Dell link, but went into the Dell outlet from that link, so I'm HOPING it will credit (nothing saying it wouldn't) but I recognize it might now. (waaaah!)

Some shoes...wanted to get some coffee today, but the BJ link didn't seem to be crediting for normal coffee purchases.

And so on and so forth.

jnorth1007
11-15-2007, 01:16 AM
This is my first December with SR so I don't really know how it is going to work this year but I found that many many stores had free shipping the day after Thanksgiving last year. I guess they were trying to get as much out of the day as they could. I ordered alot of things that day. This year Im hoping I wont have issues because of codes but I think most of them were free shipping over a dollar amount and didnt require me to use a code. I can spend that crazy day in my PJs with my slippers on and get all of my shopping done.

SunshineGirl
11-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I can't begin to say how much Christmas shopping I've done! I tell you what...I just hope and pray that Tricia doesn't kick me out of SR like another site that shall go nameless because I earned too much:(

Kick you out??? I might adopt you!

m 'n c
11-15-2007, 09:25 AM
This is my first December with SR so I don't really know how it is going to work this year but I found that many many stores had free shipping the day after Thanksgiving last year. I guess they were trying to get as much out of the day as they could. I ordered alot of things that day. This year Im hoping I wont have issues because of codes but I think most of them were free shipping over a dollar amount and didnt require me to use a code. I can spend that crazy day in my PJs with my slippers on and get all of my shopping done.

Wow i thought you had been around since the very beginning Janet. This is my 2nd christmas but my 1st exclusively shopping through SR and I already am seeing a huge account jump and I still have a good chunk to do. :)

disney_girl
11-15-2007, 09:28 AM
I've done probably 99% of my shopping online this time around. I think I'm addicted to it! It's just so convenient for me right now and when I can get free or reduced shipping, it beats going out!!

Yikes... I was looking at the list of purchases since the end of October when we got back from WDW...... guess the good things are my shopping is 99% done and my SR account has grown!!!! :)

Booksamillion
Target
ToysRUs
DeepDiscount
Boca Java
Kodak Gallery
Disney Shopping
Kohl's
Entertainment Book
Dale and Thomas Popcorn
Vista Print
Shoe Buy
RestockIt
Barnes & Noble
Drugstore.com
PetCareRx
Fun to Collect
BuyCostumes
Crazy for Bargains
Magazines.com
Shutterfly

m 'n c
11-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Lets see my Shopping list since October for Christmas only includes:
Game Stop (2 orders)
Toys R Us
Overstock
Magazines.com (3 orders)
Nordstrom
Yourmusic.com

Mike's shopping
Kmart
Nordstrom

Shopping for myself...
Nordstrom (2 orders)
Shoebuy (2 orders)
Gap
Shopbop

3dog2kidmom
11-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Here's my christmas list:

ebay toughguard bibs for dh w/free ship
work coat for dh from closeouts
2 boca java cocoa sets for random gifts
2 dale & thomas popcorn samplers w/free ship & $20 gift cards
vista print holiday cards
crocs for dd w/shoebuy offer
magazine subscriptions for 2 nephews, dd, ds, and fil
shop dani necklace for mil
restaurant.com cert for ILs
shirts, gloves, scarves from disney shopping for kids
mickey necklace for dd from BB&T
baseball cleats for ds from shoebuy
wine for business gifts from 2 wine orders
HSM cd, mp3 player, and hoodie from disney shopping for dd

Aside from DS' baseball bat & cards, I don't think I'll be in a real store either!

m 'n c
11-15-2007, 09:43 AM

Aside from DS' baseball bat & cards, I don't think I'll be in a real store either!

I'm sure I could help you with that bat. You can pick one up from eastbay.com I spent my high school and college years selling baseball equipment. I use to be pretty darn good at it too. Does he have one he's looking at or is that part of the shopping process?

sunshinecindy
11-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Geez, you all make it sound like so much fun. I hate this time of year...holidays, ugh. I bought all the kids stuff online (4 grandchildren ) and birthday for grandchild 6, and some stuff for myself (had to get those new crocs) and of course BJ coffee, Cybercucina coffee and some stuff here and there. Haven't a clue for DH for Christmas or the older kids. Hate going into the stores too, people make me cranky...ok, crankier. Glad you are all having fun shopping online though, its sooooo much easier. And, with the price of gas, paying a little shipping makes it worth it.

m 'n c
11-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Man I went to 2 malls last sunday and it was already packed with people and christmas shopping. I need my sanity so a little shipping here and there is so worth it to me.

JillyFish
11-15-2007, 10:03 AM

Hate going into the stores too, people make me cranky...ok, crankier. Glad you are all having fun shopping online though, its sooooo much easier. And, with the price of gas, paying a little shipping makes it worth it.

You two are crackin' me up this morning!!

You make a good point about the price of gas Cindy. Gas vs. shipping is almost an even trade-off these days!

I forgot that I also bought these things for myself for Christmas:

magazines.com-3 subscriptions
shoebuy offer-crocs

wilsonfamily4
11-15-2007, 12:05 PM
I did not get my drivers license untillast year so I have always shopped online. I find it so easy. Though I love malls too.

I have bought from places on SR in just the last two-three weeks:
deepdiscount
bocajova
kmart
payless
shoebuy
buy.com
toysrus

then places not on SR
seriouspuzzles
gymboree
fininshing columbiahouse subscription
ebay----forgot to go through SR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUCH!

disney_girl
11-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I just can do without the crowds during November and December. And although in the past, DH has always said "we'll do it later", when it comes to later, he is the grumpiest person to shop with. So... I figured online shopping was the best of all worlds... get it done before the baby is born, avoid crowds and grumpy DH and of course earn some SR $$$$$! But that UPS guy does come here alot!! I think yesterday there were about 8 packages at our door. One from RestockIt and the rest from Kohl's... why Kohl's chose to ship in 7 different packages is beyond me!:confused:

Blessing and Miracle
11-15-2007, 12:18 PM

:rotfl: I come with a rather large package---a package of eight! LOL.

You all had me laughing so hard last night. DH was right next to me reading everything. He said tell those ladies that your husband is right here and yes I reading everything. You will be all night trying to tell themabout all of these boxes everywhere! :rotfl:

I'm getting my list together and I will gladly share all the goodies I've purchased. This is so much fun! I love shopping especially during Christmas time.

Blessing and Miracle
11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Here We Go Ladies,

Lisa's shopping list

Casual Living - Matching Red Sweaters for myself, DD18, and the 3 yr old twins to wear Christmas Eve
Oriental Trading- Arts and Crafts (Christmas)
Lillian Vernon- Halloween Costumes for the twins
Checks Unlimited- Christmas Themed Checks
Womensuits.com -2 Suits w/Hats for myself (must post a picture--they are simply beautiful!)
Shoebuy -several orders. 3 sons, husband, 3 daughters and myself
Engravable Gifts- beautiful personalized items for DDs, and Pocket watch for DH-it’s engraved with -27 timeless years together, it‘s very sentimental and beautiful.
Mytwinn- for my girls
Leaps and Bound
Personalization Mall -tons of cute things. I’m a sentimental freak! LOL.
Barnes and Noble- Books- DH is a minister
Macys- The prettiest velvet fur trimmed coats in the world for my twins
Macys- twins
Buckle- jeans-husband
Land’s End- personalized bag-simply gorgeous (featured on Oprah), personalized turtlenecks for the twins
Dale and Thomas Popcorn (2 orders)
Magazines Quick -several orders
Magazines.com- several new and renewals-my kids love them as gifts
Shoes.com
KimmyShop
Walter Drake-Christmas Cards
Vista Print
Crazy for Bargains

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I've spent, well actually I can, I do keep a total. LOL. But some things are better left unspoken.:angel:

I’m sure something is missing and I’m not completely done with shopping! I still have a ton more to buy!

I'm gonna have DD18 upload pics of the two suits and the coats for the girls. Oh, they are beautiful!

LuvMyBoys
11-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Lisa,

How was the quality of the items from engraveable gifts? I just ordered some cute items from them yesterday (much better payout %, free customization, and free shipping!!).

I haven't heard much about them though. Can you share your experience?

TIA :sunshine:

Blessing and Miracle
11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Lisa,

How was the quality of the items from engraveable gifts? I just ordered some cute items from them yesterday (much better payout %, free customization, and free shipping!!).

I haven't heard much about them though. Can you share your experience?

TIA :sunshine:

Simply wonderful! I love the craftsmanship and the quality. I've purchased several orders. I'm quite pleased!

You are going to love your order!

LuvMyBoys
11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Simply wonderful! I love the craftsmanship and the quality. I've purchased several orders. I'm quite pleased!

You are going to love your order!

Thanks so much, that makes me feel a lot better!! :sunshine:

bs4free
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: A secret shopping club!!!
If anyone watches the Sho How I met your Mother... this is starting to remind me of Lilly's Box of Secret Cedit Cards... LOL

The Good News is this is all earning SR credits!!!

3dog2kidmom
11-15-2007, 09:05 PM

I forgot to add the coat I got from Macy's for me from DH :)
and some other shopping:
DH's work boots from shoebuy
gift cards from giftcertificates.com for petco to buy dog food
2 magazines for dh and me
jeans & tops for DD and 2 shirts for DH from Target w/free shipping and $10 off a $50 order
flowers for a co-worker from 800-florals.com
and 13 copies of a book on a new software program for co-workers from B&N

I have shopped online the past few years... not only does it save time and gas, but it eliminates the "buy one gift for them, two for me" syndrome. I may spend a few $ more on shipping, but I do make up for it by not setting foot in Target or the mall :angel:

Catherine... thanks for the tip on the bat. I don't know what size he needs or anything about bats so I thought I'd let him pick one out. Maybe the thing to do would be go to a store and see what he likes and then try to order it for SR credit instead?

ItsmeSunnyV
11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
If anyone watches the Sho How I met your Mother... this is starting to remind me of Lilly's Box of Secret Cedit Cards... LOL

LOL That show is HILARIOUS!! :rotfl: