PDA

View Full Version : People who join and then just disappear...

speechteachri
09-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Just curious this am....

Every morning when I sign in I look to see who is having a b-day or special event, and I try to post about it if I can...BUT...I also check to see the last time the person has been active in the forum, and I don't post if the person has not been active recently.

Lately (Or maybe I am just becoming more aware of it lately) there are a lot of folks who have maybe 50 or so posts, so apparrently they began to become active in the forums, but then dropped off the board and haven't posted in a very long time.

So, I am curious what has happened to all those folks. It makes me wonder if they are still around and participating in SR but not on the forums (as I'm sure many people do). Maybe they feel that they got what they needed from the forum, or maybe they didn't?? Maybe they dropped out entirely? Maybe they just got busy???

My Hmmm moment for the day.:rolleyes:

sammielynn
09-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Just curious this am....

Every morning when I sign in I look to see who is having a b-day or special event, and I try to post about it if I can...BUT...I also check to see the last time the person has been active in the forum, and I don't post if the person has not been active recently.

Lately (Or maybe I am just becoming more aware of it lately) there are a lot of folks who have maybe 50 or so posts, so apparrently they began to become active in the forums, but then dropped off the board and haven't posted in a very long time.

So, I am curious what has happened to all those folks. It makes me wonder if they are still around and participating in SR but not on the forums (as I'm sure many people do). Maybe they feel that they got what they needed from the forum, or maybe they didn't?? Maybe they dropped out entirely? Maybe they just got busy???

My Hmmm moment for the day.:rolleyes:

I often wonder the same thing. Like you said I think many just get busy. But some think that reward sites are an instant goldmine and don't want to work at making their balances higher. Or they have a few things that don't credit and they panic. Wish they all knew that it is a slow and steady process where you win a great deal but you lose some to.

SunshineGirl
09-05-2010, 10:38 AM
We wonder about it all the time, too. Some of them only join to get the credit that we give for signing up. Others start to participate and then feel like they don't belong. I've seen messages on other boards that 1) we are too much like a clique and 2) the forum is just full of survey complaints. We've tried to help with both of those, but I guess it isn't enough yet. :(

Blessing and Miracle
09-05-2010, 11:12 AM
I wonder more about the older regulars. I miss a lot of them. :(

Tricia, about the forum feeling like a clique is okay as we DON'T discriminate and everyone is ACCEPTED to the group of SUNSHINE. And, I think some will always find something to complain about as I think there are just as many compliments about this WONDERFUL site posted in the forum as well.

It's like chocolate, some like it, some don't! As for me, I'm a chocolate lover. :)

chipndale
09-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Tricia, about the forum feeling like a clique is okay as we DON'T discriminate and everyone is ACCEPTED to the group of SUNSHINE. And, I think some will always find something to complain about as I think there are just as many compliments about this WONDERFUL site posted in the forum as well.

It's like chocolate, some like it, some don't! As for me, I'm a chocolate lover. :)

Well said! I agree that we try to make everyone feel accepted and welcomed! I agree I often wonder more about the older regulars that don't post anymore - I wonder are they still doing SR and just don't post or did they quit? Oh well, life goes on and I too am a chocolate lover!

Hedy
09-05-2010, 11:27 AM
We wonder about it all the time, too. Some of them only join to get the credit that we give for signing up. Others start to participate and then feel like they don't belong. I've seen messages on other boards that 1) we are too much like a clique and 2) the forum is just full of survey complaints. We've tried to help with both of those, but I guess it isn't enough yet. :(
I've been a mod here for over thee years, and an SR member of four. I have to say I struggle with both of these things. I genuinely care about you guys who post on the forum, but sometimes I just close out of my browser tab when all I see when I click "new posts" and it's just in the survey thread. Heck, I missed out on the new AMP/MTC announcement becase of it.
I know it's a hard line-I have been debating whether or not to post a merchant review recently. I think they are a great merchant (heck, I've made three orders in the past three months), but every time I have to file a TT for credit (which I do get). So do I mention that and risk people not shopping at them because of it, or do I not mention it and leave you guys scratching your head if you order through them and it doesn't credit?

Mandi
09-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Perhaps they are like me.. I get active when I'm in the midst of planning and saving for a trip, then slow down or take a break when I'm not. I'm back to being active now because I have a trip planned to WDW (for the first time in 20+ years. Yay!) but was gone for probably 6 months or more since my last trip to DLR was over.

sammielynn
09-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Maybe I'm obsessive but I plan year around. When I get home I start on the next year's trip. Just love my Disney.

speechteachri
09-05-2010, 02:07 PM

To both of the above posts, I do know there are several members who used to be active who aren't really anymore because of the "complaint level" of some of the posts. Personally, I try to ignore them and push on.

As for the clique issue, I can kind of understand that only in the sense that those of us that have been around for a while and have been active do know more about each other, and have more investment with each other because we have taken the time to get to know one another...however, everyone that I know that participates is nothing but welcoming to newer people, so I think that excuse is a crock...you have to be willing to put the time in to make it something worthwhile.

I try to start birthday threads when I am able for newer and "older" members alike, as long as that person has been active in the forums in the recent (like past month) past.

Perhaps they are like me.. I get active when I'm in the midst of planning and saving for a trip, then slow down or take a break when I'm not. I'm back to being active now because I have a trip planned to WDW (for the first time in 20+ years. Yay!) but was gone for probably 6 months or more since my last trip to DLR was over.

I go through cycles as well, and I think that is normal. We all go through times when we get more support and fulfilment from different things. I definitely try harder to qualify for surveys and do offers when I have a trip planned too, I won't deny that, but I still enjoy being part of the SR "family" even when I am not earning a lot, which is most of the time. Slow and steady wins the race right?? I do think that the forums in general have gotten much slower over the past year or so too...maybe people are getting the info they need to participate in the earnings part of the site, but are not kept engaged here without really taking the time to get to know people, so they stop participating in the forums. I remember back when the forums and chat were really hopping when it was new...I think part of the slowdown is a normal cyclical thing...???

Anyway, just so everyone knows, I do appreciate the cameraderie here on the forums, even though I do miss some of the "old" activity. I'm here for the long haul!:sunshine2:

SunshineGirl
09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I've been a mod here for over thee years, and an SR member of four. I have to say I struggle with both of these things. I genuinely care about you guys who post on the forum, but sometimes I just close out of my browser tab when all I see when I click "new posts" and it's just in the survey thread. Heck, I missed out on the new AMP/MTC announcement becase of it.
I know it's a hard line-I have been debating whether or not to post a merchant review recently. I think they are a great merchant (heck, I've made three orders in the past three months), but every time I have to file a TT for credit (which I do get). So do I mention that and risk people not shopping at them because of it, or do I not mention it and leave you guys scratching your head if you order through them and it doesn't credit?

If it's Send a Ball, those are totally my fault. :) We actually have them as a "one off" so I never know if credits come in until someone asks for them. I've debated just pulling them because of that but a lot of members really like them.

sunshinecindy
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
As most of you probably figured out a couple weeks back, I finally had enough of the survey complaining and also noticed that a lot of old regulars weren't posting, thus the new "survey problem, b*tching,discussion whatever" only thread. I do hope this brings more of the old ones back. I do see that they are on here reading the threads, just not posting, and I for one miss them.

I'll need to work on SG about getting the chat back to working for everyone cause I know a lot of you are like me and it isn't working for us for some reason. We had some really great chats and fun in there, especially on trivia contest nights.

pbhall13
09-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I was just heading over here to read the forum (because I was feeling guilty that I don't put in as much SR time as I use to)..... thanks for starting this thread...maybe it is my much needed 'kick in the pants' to get me back on track.

For me I think it is because my girls are getting older and I don't have as much down time to take the surveys..... which i miss doing, and honestly I know that many complain (for the most part I ignore them)and I know that you can't always make everyone happy, even with 'free money'.....

I also miss the chats we use to have sunday nights..........maybe this winter we can try again!!

shmily1
09-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I get on here every chance I get but DGS has now turned one and with me working and then taking care of him for DD to work and go to college, it's usually midnight before I get a chance to breathe. I always come back here as often as possible because I love it here though! So if you don't see me for a few days or weeks, I'm probably just chasing DGS around and as Sly said "I'll be back!"

Blessing and Miracle
09-05-2010, 11:39 PM
I'll need to work on SG about getting the chat back to working for everyone cause I know a lot of you are like me and it isn't working for us for some reason. We had some really great chats and fun in there, especially on trivia contest nights.

That would be nice. Maybe we can have an end of Summer party. :)

disney_girl
09-06-2010, 12:06 AM
As others have said, I think that the survey complaint threads can get even the old timers down. I do think it has helped to limit the survey issues to one thread rather than having them spread all over the forum! I really appreciate that effort.

Unfortunately, I think some people are expecting or wanting this to be a "get rich quick" kind of thing and get discouraged when it doesn't add up as fast as they want. They want the big earnings, but aren't willing to put in the time and effort it takes. I for one appreciate the stability of Sunshine Rewards as well as their focus of being a "loyalty site" (shopping and surveys).

I miss some of the regular posters as well and hope they make their way back at some point! :)

speechteachri
09-06-2010, 07:56 AM
As most of you probably figured out a couple weeks back, I finally had enough of the survey complaining and also noticed that a lot of old regulars weren't posting, thus the new "survey problem, b*tching,discussion whatever" only thread. I do hope this brings more of the old ones back. I do see that they are on here reading the threads, just not posting, and I for one miss them.

It would be fun to get regular chats going again...they were really fun, and a really good way to help everyone get to know each other better and develop the community feeling...and the trivia nights were a fun way to get people interested.

I do miss all the fun...but thinking about it, it really was related to the regular chats. I always missed them when I was not able to participate. Maybe when chat is back and running well it might be possible to schedule a couple of chats a week so that people won't feel so bad if they have to miss one...we tried a couple of months back , and had a nice chat time with 4 or 5 of us one night...even that builds cameraderie...I miss it.

lanny76
09-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm not posting as much because life is so busy for one, and for another, I seem to step on toes sometimes without meaning to! But mainly I just do not have as much time even for doing surveys with a lot of new responsibilities along with 4 kids.......I somehow don't think I'm one that's missed too much tho!:p :blush: I do keep checking in tho and and am not planning on ever quitting SR because I appreciate all the great earning opportunities, the friendly forum, etc.

speechteachri
09-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm not posting as much because life is so busy for one, and for another, I seem to step on toes sometimes without meaning to! But mainly I just do not have as much time even for doing surveys with a lot of new responsibilities along with 4 kids.......I somehow don't think I'm one that's missed too much tho!:p :blush: I do keep checking in tho and and am not planning on ever quitting SR because I appreciate all the great earning opportunities, the friendly forum, etc.

I think whenever someone doesn 't post for a while after being very active it is noticable...keep posting when you can!

spring
09-06-2010, 12:46 PM
I still read the forums almost daily, but don't always sign in or post as regularly as I used to. I'm glad the survey complaint issue has been limited to 1 thread, but I get a little frustrated when some days it seems like that is the most active part of the forum. Some of the info imparted in that thread is useful, but there is still a fair amount of whining and complaining going on that completely turns me off. Tricia, Cindy and our wonderful mods must have the patience of Job trying to keep it all in check.

It used to be so much fun to come to the forum and see what everyone was up to. Whatever happened to a lot of our fun threads, like family pics and furbabies? Thank goodness we still get the occasional TR's!

speechteachri
09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I still read the forums almost daily, but don't always sign in or post as regularly as I used to. I'm glad the survey complaint issue has been limited to 1 thread, but I get a little frustrated when some days it seems like that is the most active part of the forum. Some of the info imparted in that thread is useful, but there is still a fair amount of whining and complaining going on that completely turns me off. Tricia, Cindy and our wonderful mods must have the patience of Job trying to keep it all in check.

It used to be so much fun to come to the forum and see what everyone was up to. Whatever happened to a lot of our fun threads, like family pics and furbabies? Thank goodness we still get the occasional TR's!

I think a lot of the folks that kept those threads going are no longer as active as they used to be. Some I don't ever see on anymore, unfortunately. I think it has to do with the natural cycle of things...I do think if chat started again, and we could get people interested, it would foster more community spirit, and maybe we'd have more of those threads again...???

Also, I think many of the original members of SR that were really active here are now friends on FB...with all the pictures posted there and all the up to the minute updates on people's lives, posting updates and pics here is not as "necessary."

Blessing and Miracle
09-06-2010, 05:09 PM

Oh yes, you are missed when you're not around!! I know that you have all those little ones. ;)

You know to be truthful, it really didn't bother me as much. It's like shopping at the store. Some things you pick up and somethings you pass up. You 're not intersted in everything but you keep going back.

That's how I feel about the threads. If it's not interesting to me, I keep on keeping on, but I'll always come back. ;) (I must also say that some things I do intend on reading but I forget to come back to it. LOL.)

Pat, I forgot I need to finish my TR! I'm still on Martha's Vineyard. LOL.

sammielynn
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Also, I think many of the original members of SR that were really active here are now friends on FB...with all the pictures posted there and all the up to the minute updates on people's lives, posting updates and pics here is not as "necessary."

I think you may be correct. For me it is much easier to post pictures on Facebook than here. There have been many times that I have wanted to click on a name to see pictures while I was here only to remember that we can't do that here.
The complaints don't bother me, and several times when I have had survey trouble it takes restraint not to complain. But sometimes I need to ask questions and try to figure out what is wrong when things don't credit. I think I have most of my issues figured out, finally!
I love SR and hope to be around for a long time!

KimCh
09-06-2010, 06:14 PM

I for one like the "survey problem, b*tching, discussion whatever" only thread. Although, I think to call it that is offensive to people who use it. I think its these types of comments as well as a mod telling someone awhile back that "these are just surveys and we need to realize that there are more important things in life than surveys not crediting" that have almost made me give up SR altogether. It makes it hard to be excited when I get on and read comments like this. Maybe others feel the same way and that is why people are not commenting as much.
I think maybe people that have been doing this a long time forget what it is like to be a newbie and not get your credits. It motivates me to keep trying when I know I am not the only one having problems. When I was new and only hearing about all these credits everyone was getting and I was having problems it was hard to stay motivated when the only help I could get was to tell me I was having a cookie issue.
Sorry if I have offended everyone but think that its more than people posting about non credits that is running people off ....

sunshinecindy
09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Sorry if I have offended everyone but think that its more than people posting about non credits that is running people off ....

I beg to differ with you, I've been around here a long time, and I know the feel for the members, and I can tell you most certainly that its the negative attitudes that have made a lot of our older members leave. I hate it for our new members when they have trouble, thats one of the reason we have stickies and mods and other members to help answer their questions, but the constant impatient posting of something not crediting immediately is a real downer. And, 99.9% of the time when someone doesn't get a credit it is because of something with their computer, not SR or the surveys or merchants. Plus, with so much of that going on in the thread, its hard for us to tell the legit problems from just the members computer problems.

KimCh
09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
I beg to differ with you, I've been around here a long time, and I know the feel for the members, and I can tell you most certainly that its the negative attitudes that have made a lot of our older members leave. I hate it for our new members when they have trouble, thats one of the reason we have stickies and mods and other members to help answer their questions, but the constant impatient posting of something not crediting immediately is a real downer. And, 99.9% of the time when someone doesn't get a credit it is because of something with their computer, not SR or the surveys or merchants. Plus, with so much of that going on in the thread, its hard for us to tell the legit problems from just the members computer problems.

When I read the earlier post about why people leave, I thought of reasons that I have almost left and thought I would post. I have only been here for 6 months and dont know anyone or have a feel for the other members, I just know how I have felt watching the way some people talk to us on here and thought that might have something to do with it. I guess what is negative to one might not be negative to anyone else and maybe I just offend to easily.
I am sure on your side that gets very annoying watching people post about non credits and if people leave because of people talking about them thats a bummer. I will try to avoid posting in that thread in the future and hope this will help to avoid the loss of anymore members.
I honestly was trying to give you insight from someone new coming in and hope that I havent offended anyone.

SunshineGirl
09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I am definitely more likely to respond to threads that I see new people start, even if they are about non-credit issues, just because I want to make sure that new people are getting the help they need. No offense to the old regulars. :) But I know you all tend to take care of each other and the mods let me know when there are big issues. I like new people to get responses as quick as humanly possible, so I do try to pay more attention to those threads.

Forums definitely go in cycles. I am seeing it with some of the other marketing forums that I frequent right now. We tend to get less traffic during peak travel times and holidays. We get more traffic during major shopping times. That will be starting soon. :0

natofborg
09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I've been around for a while. I use many, many rewards programs, some much more actively than others depending upon where I get the most bang for my buck (or time spent on tasks). I joined the forum, but I don't find any benefit to it fo me. Everything that I need is within the main site, so I rarely come here. I generally only come once in a blue moon to see if there is anything new going on. I am really not interested in seeing pictures of vacations or talking about what we're all doing with our SR money. Please don't misunderstand me: there's absolutely nothing wrong with it and many people enjoy sharing and bonding in this way, but it's just not for me.

The last time that I came was to post a question about a Crocs coupon that was sent to SR for its members, but the site did not honor the coupon as it was sent to SR. I posted a question about it starting a new thread, and I know that someone here at SR said that she immediately contacted them. Crocs apparently never replied, because no response was posted. I edited my post about 5 days after the original post (almost exactly a month ago) to ask if crocs had responded yet. It was kind of a shame. I discovered the coupon on the forum, went to buy the shoes through SR, then never got them becuase CROCS sent out a coupon incorrectly and apparently never made it right. I never bought the shoes b/c I was waiting to see if Crocs was gonna offer to honor the coupon as sent to SR members.

I'm certainly not trying to knock SR; she didn't have to address the issue at all. But my point is that I really only come to the forum to look for really good deals posted here. SR seems to be way too busy to follow up on every single question that they get asked, so I just stick to the main site and avoid the frustration now.

AlternateEgo
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I used to be active, then when I went from full time to part time, I wasn't able to do surveys anymore. For some reason half the time that I do surveys on my laptop they dont credit, so I just quit.

But now I really miss surveying and being rewarded.:sunshine:

jnorth1007
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I used to be active, then when I went from full time to part time, I wasn't able to do surveys anymore. For some reason half the time that I do surveys on my laptop they dont credit, so I just quit.

But now I really miss surveying and being rewarded.:sunshine:

Maybe one afternoon when you have some time we can sit down and go through the things to check and see if we can figure out what is blocking your laptop. It seems so strange but with computers and the internet nothing ever shocks me. I have to keep my laptop plugged in to the ethernet (yellow) chord in order for things to post. I can't use my wireless to do surveys or shopping or they won't post. I have never figured out why but it just is LOL. However, plugged in it all credits. Wacky. Anyways, maybe if we go through and try some things with you we can figure out what is up. I would be fustrated if half of my items didn't post. Catch me one afternoon when you have time and I will see if I can help you.

SunshineGirl
09-07-2010, 07:38 AM
The last time that I came was to post a question about a Crocs coupon that was sent to SR for its members, but the site did not honor the coupon as it was sent to SR. I posted a question about it starting a new thread, and I know that someone here at SR said that she immediately contacted them. Crocs apparently never replied, because no response was posted. I edited my post about 5 days after the original post (almost exactly a month ago) to ask if crocs had responded yet. It was kind of a shame. I discovered the coupon on the forum, went to buy the shoes through SR, then never got them becuase CROCS sent out a coupon incorrectly and apparently never made it right. I never bought the shoes b/c I was waiting to see if Crocs was gonna offer to honor the coupon as sent to SR members.

I'm certainly not trying to knock SR; she didn't have to address the issue at all. But my point is that I really only come to the forum to look for really good deals posted here. SR seems to be way too busy to follow up on every single question that they get asked, so I just stick to the main site and avoid the frustration now.

For what it's worth, they never did respond to us. They answered us after the weekend was over and told us that they would "follow up" and get back with us. But they never did. :(

sunshinecindy
09-07-2010, 07:55 AM
I've been around for a while. I use many, many rewards programs, some much more actively than others depending upon where I get the most bang for my buck (or time spent on tasks). I joined the forum, but I don't find any benefit to it fo me. Everything that I need is within the main site, so I rarely come here.

I am glad to see that you do check in here for deals and things cause sometimes I think those posts are fruitless, but since I know now that some of our members really do look at them, it makes me feel better about posting them.. Also, glad that the main site has everything you need. Not everyone here is looking for a new BFF, but many of the members have made some great long distance friendships and have fun seeing how others across the country from them live and so on, so, I guess if the forum meets all those different needs, along with letting us know where there are real problems, I think we've done our job. But do come and post once in awhile and let us know you are still around. Even if its just to say hi.

LuvMyBoys
09-07-2010, 09:39 AM
When I read the earlier post about why people leave, I thought of reasons that I have almost left and thought I would post. I have only been here for 6 months and dont know anyone or have a feel for the other members, I just know how I have felt watching the way some people talk to us on here and thought that might have something to do with it. I guess what is negative to one might not be negative to anyone else and maybe I just offend to easily.
I am sure on your side that gets very annoying watching people post about non credits and if people leave because of people talking about them thats a bummer. I will try to avoid posting in that thread in the future and hope this will help to avoid the loss of anymore members.
I honestly was trying to give you insight from someone new coming in and hope that I havent offended anyone.

I will stick my neck out and say that I agree with you! :) I don't know why being frustrated over a survey not crediting is b*itching? I like that thread, I think it's helpful to know that others are having the same problem and I really like it when it helps me avoid long surveys that are not going to credit.

Honestly, I used to think it was helpful to let you guys know when surveys weren't crediting so it could be reported back to the company. But after several comments from the mods on how much it hurts the site, I quit posting and realized that those surveys are apparently part of the deal.

I don't want surveys to go away, so I feel like we have to keep quiet about it and not complain or the survey companies will go elsewhere. I have to say that is one part of the business (the reward site business, not SR) that I certainly don't admire. And I don't envy SR for having to deal with it. I appreciate all of the survey opportunities and just try to grin and bear it now when one doesn't credit.

sunshinecindy
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I will stick my neck out and say that I agree with you! :) I don't know why being frustrated over a survey not crediting is b*itching? I like that thread, I think it's helpful to know that others are having the same problem and I really like it when it helps me avoid long surveys that are not going to credit.

Thats the reason we have that thread. Face it, when there were multiple threads opened all over, and everytime you hit "new posts" and all that showed up was all the complaining, you can honestly say that it wasn't discouraging, especially if you are a new member, or an old one that wanted to see something other that complaints about surveys. There is much more to SR then then surveys. We consider ourselves a community here, not just a reward site and who wants to be in a community when all that is there are complaints. Most of us can stay home all day and just listen to our kids and husbands complains, SR is for a little escape, fun, and some extra money.

linanglab
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Well...I used to be one of the very active members. I am trying to get back in it. It has NOTHING to do with SR. Just personal life! Divorce, divorce divorce! LOL.... And shame on me! Because it was the SR people who truly went throught the divorce with me. (Jen, Janet, Traci mostly...and Carrie, Lisa, Carla and some others were wonderful too!) I think between trying to figure out where to live, where to find a job, dealing with (and still dealing with) a riduculous X, trying to date, and mostly depression you forget some of the people who were going through it with you...To all of you, I am sorry. I believe I lost some precious friends here on SR because of my self absorbness.... You know who you are, and if you read this, you truly helped me get through hell....

Anyway...I am trying to get back. I have noticed MANY people are not on here that used to be. I was quite surprised and saddened.

SR is an wonderful community. Take it from me who has been one of the beginning SR members! I have earned a good amount and have met - both physically and not - some wonderful people.

LuvMyBoys
09-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Well...I used to be one of the very active members. I am trying to get back in it. It has NOTHING to do with SR. Just personal life! Divorce, divorce divorce! LOL.... And shame on me! Because it was the SR people who truly went throught the divorce with me. (Jen, Janet, Traci mostly...and Carrie, Lisa, Carla and some others were wonderful too!) I think between trying to figure out where to live, where to find a job, dealing with (and still dealing with) a riduculous X, trying to date, and mostly depression you forget some of the people who were going through it with you...To all of you, I am sorry. I believe I lost some precious friends here on SR because of my self absorbness.... You know who you are, and if you read this, you truly helped me get through hell....

Anyway...I am trying to get back. I have noticed MANY people are not on here that used to be. I was quite surprised and saddened.

SR is an wonderful community. Take it from me who has been one of the beginning SR members! I have earned a good amount and have met - both physically and not - some wonderful people.

I don't think anyone would think you were self-absorbed, you were dealing with SO much :hugs:

I did miss "seeing" you around and often wondered how you were doing. I was so thrilled when you came back to the forums and everything was going better. :) I especially was happy to see your TR, it made it feel like the "old" SR forums that I miss! :)

Blessing and Miracle
09-07-2010, 11:27 AM

I'm with Carrie, no one would think that!!! You have to do what you have to do to survive and we are so glad that you did/will.

You were definitely missed as you brought so much sunshine to SR! I am so happy to see you posting again. See you've already brightened up my rainy day! :heart:

HollyD
09-07-2010, 11:56 AM
I know I never posted on here but I know my activity on Sunshine was greatly reduced when I went from being a stay at home mom to working full time with a 3 hour commute. We've moved about 5 minutes away now so I hope to get back in the swing of things since my dd20 just told us she will be having a Disney Wedding at the Swan next June:love:

linanglab
09-07-2010, 12:01 PM
I know I never posted on here but I know my activity on Sunshine was greatly reduced when I went from being a stay at home mom to working full time with a 3 hour commute. We've moved about 5 minutes away now so I hope to get back in the swing of things since my dd20 just told us she will be having a Disney Wedding at the Swan next June:love:

Ooooo...A disney wedding! How romantic! Would have so loved to have had one of those!

bbangel
09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
As some have said, I think life just gets in the way. And Facebook has pulled a few of us away (oyvey my crops might be ready lol).
We did try and get a regular chat schedule going but it is hard to work around all the activities people get involved in. I still enjoy coming to the forum and seeing what is going on. I tend to focus on the positive so the complaining doesn't get to me.

29apr00
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM

Congrats to your DD!! I used $600 last year to help pay for my Disney Vow Renewal on DCL!! :clap:

Magical JenK
09-07-2010, 04:54 PM
it was the SR people who truly went throught the divorce with me. (Jen, Janet, Traci mostly...and Carrie, Lisa, Carla and some others were wonderful too!)

First, sending cyber hugs your way my dear...:hugs:

Second, I agree, SR is a wonderful community! :sunshine:

Third, I have been MIA from SR in the last year because I started my own website & blog (for my dogs:o) & that can be a lot of work! I don't know how Tricia maintains as many sites as she does when I can't even get a new blog post up each week at times!!

This year, I started a part-time at home job where I'm on the computer the entire time....it's all web-based. Which is nice, but after being at my FT job to come home to the PT job & then poof! The day is over & I spent the majority of it on the computer. Thankfully (& unthankfully) I'm not on FB, so I don't get to keep track of my SR friends on there either!

I have tried to make a point to come visit the forums lately though & see what's new...so Cindy's right...I'm one of those that is reading...just not posting (much). I do miss so many of what we're calling the "old regulars" too, but I think like others have said, w/FB people do a lot of their communication via that now...I've seen the same thing happen on a bully forum I frequent too.

Oh but I AM on Twitter, so I am able to keep up on some of you via that! :p

Anyway, wanted to stop being a reader/stalker & say hello & I miss you all & hope all of you are doing GREAT!!!!

3dog2kidmom
09-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Not everyone here is looking for a new BFF, but many of the members have made some great long distance friendships and have fun seeing how others across the country from them live and so on.

Yep! :D

Glad to see a lot of the "old regulars" coming out of the woodwork in this thread too!

As some have said, I think life just gets in the way. And Facebook has pulled a few of us away (oyvey my crops might be ready lol).
We did try and get a regular chat schedule going but it is hard to work around all the activities people get involved in. I still enjoy coming to the forum and seeing what is going on.

Absolutely agree, Megan! So much to do, so little time.

And don't forget about those SEVEN DAILY SURVEYS that are taking up all of our time now!

SunshineGirl
09-07-2010, 07:10 PM
And don't forget about those SEVEN DAILY SURVEYS that are taking up all of our time now!

I do wonder if I might be keeping you all too busy these days. LOL

speechteachri
09-07-2010, 07:29 PM

Angela....Hugs!!:hugs: Glad to see you around, and I really enjoyed your trip report!

I don't think anyone would think you were self-absorbed, you were dealing with SO much :hugs:

I did miss "seeing" you around and often wondered how you were doing. I was so thrilled when you came back to the forums and everything was going better. I especially was happy to see your TR, it made it feel like the "old" SR forums that I miss!

I'm with Carrie, no one would think that!!! You have to do what you have to do to survive and we are so glad that you did/will.

You were definitely missed as you brought so much sunshine to SR! I am so happy to see you posting again. See you've already brightened up my rainy day! :heart:

What Carrie and Lisa said!!;)

I know I never posted on here but I know my activity on Sunshine was greatly reduced when I went from being a stay at home mom to working full time with a 3 hour commute. We've moved about 5 minutes away now so I hope to get back in the swing of things since my dd20 just told us she will be having a Disney Wedding at the Swan next June

The same thing happened to me when I started working more. I think I really noticed the chnges more during the summer when I was home more. You will have to keep us all filled in on the datails!

First, sending cyber hugs your way my dear...

Second, I agree, SR is a wonderful community!

Third, I have been MIA from SR in the last year because I started my own website & blog (for my dogs:o) & that can be a lot of work! I don't know how Tricia maintains as many sites as she does when I can't even get a new blog post up each week at times!!

This year, I started a part-time at home job where I'm on the computer the entire time....it's all web-based. Which is nice, but after being at my FT job to come home to the PT job & then poof! The day is over & I spent the majority of it on the computer. Thankfully (& unthankfully) I'm not on FB, so I don't get to keep track of my SR friends on there either!

I have tried to make a point to come visit the forums lately though & see what's new...so Cindy's right...I'm one of those that is reading...just not posting (much). I do miss so many of what we're calling the "old regulars" too, but I think like others have said, w/FB people do a lot of their communication via that now...I've seen the same thing happen on a bully forum I frequent too.

Oh but I AM on Twitter, so I am able to keep up on some of you via that! :p

Anyway, wanted to stop being a reader/stalker & say hello & I miss you all & hope all of you are doing GREAT!!!!

Great to "see" you Jen. Glad that your other pursuits are thriving!!

Magical JenK
09-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Not everyone here is looking for a new BFF, but many of the members have made some great long distance friendships and have fun seeing how others across the country from them live .
Awww...totally missed this comment (thanks for copying it Shelly!)! I have to agree with it completely too!! I mean, you all missed this year's Minnesota State Fair...but 2011 is just around the corner!! SR Meet up?? :rotfl:

Great to "see" you Jen. Glad that your other pursuits are thriving!!
:D Thank you! It's been fun! What's exciting to see is how the panty business is taking off! :angel: (Oh come on Lisa...I know you're ready to comment on this one now!!) :p

3dog2kidmom
09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Awww...totally missed this comment (thanks for copying it Shelly!)! I have to agree with it completely too!! I mean, you all missed this year's Minnesota State Fair...but 2011 is just around the corner!! SR Meet up?? :rotfl:

You're :welcome:. And I can attest to the fact that the fair is spectacular!!

Blessing and Miracle
09-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Awww...totally missed this comment (thanks for copying it Shelly!)! I have to agree with it completely too!! I mean, you all missed this year's Minnesota State Fair...but 2011 is just around the corner!! SR Meet up??

Thank you! It's been fun! What's exciting to see is how the panty business is taking off! :angel: (Oh come on Lisa...I know you're ready to comment on this one now!!) :p

Eerr, here I am...LOL. And yes, Tricia has really picked up on the availability of booty goods around here. I did buy something from one of the merchants and I must say DH was all over it. LOL. That merchant gets 5 sunshines. :D

Okay, back to the original post. LOL. Glad to see you here and you have really been missed. The girls often ask about you. :)

I agree with Cindy, some friendships are everlasting.:heart:

lanny76
09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Guess I can't possibly quote all the posts I was glad to see, but it was fun to see posts from people I've been wondering about - so good to see that you're all still here! :sunshine:

MamaO
09-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I do wonder if I might be keeping you all too busy these days. LOL

LOL - that IS a big part of it for me. By the time I get home from work, feed the animals, have some dinner, and get ready for the next day, it seems like there's not much time for computer before bed. And when I have to choose how to spend it, I have tried for more surveys!!!

jenvance
09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I used to come and post all of the time, but I have been sooooo busy with three kids that are active in sports and other activities it becomes very hard. I try to pop in and remotivate myself to take the surveys and such but sometimes it is tooooo hard! I will try to better!!

Blessing and Miracle
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I used to come and post all of the time, but I have been sooooo busy with three kids that are active in sports and other activities it becomes very hard. I try to pop in and remotivate myself to take the surveys and such but sometimes it is tooooo hard! I will try to better!!

Yeah!! good to see you post. I thought about you last night and said I was gonna send out a PM.:) I know it's hard with little ones. Please get remotivated as we miss you around here. At least when time allows. :)

linanglab
09-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Ahhhh Lisa.... I SOOOO missed the discussions here about you and your love life! You sure make me smile and realize that marriage can still be a forever thing! You are such and encourager!

mollyeilis
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I've been a member for awhile, but I've never felt like I *belonged* (a common feeling throughout my life, FWIW)...and since I'm a big one for helping (either other SR users or trying to help with issues by describing thoroughly) and righting "wrongs", and I don't always phrase things perfectly, that can definitely be read as being complainy. Never feels like it to me, I feel like I'm helping, but eventually I tried to shush myself...

But I also got heartbroken by cyber-turned-real-life-friends from the one board where I tried to make friends ages ago (not here), so I mainly use forums for getting help, helping others, and...that's pretty much it.

A hint for not being overwhelmed by "ack" threads....don't click New Posts! I never do, don't even know where that button is. I go through each forum one by one, look at what I want to look at, don't look at what I don't want to. I see the threads that are newly posted or newly replied to, I rarely miss something, and I just plod along through it...without being overwhelmed. I don't do New Posts on ANY board I'm on...I just plod along through each subforum!

linanglab, I'm sorry you've been going through such problems. I never saw you post about any of it until you came back...:hugs:

arob414
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm still around. But, I do more stalking than talking. My girls are in 10th and 7th grade and enjoying it very much. I encouraged them to join clubs, that is probably what I remember most about school. They took me to heart. Anna is already in 2 clubs, GS and helps with a church youth group, today, she announced a 3rd club she wants to join. Grace is already in 3 clubs, GS and helps with the same youth group.

Between their social lives and my job...and Facebook...I am not as active. But, I still love SR and do enjoy the friendships and reading about TR, weddings, new babies, etc.

natofborg
09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
For what it's worth, they never did respond to us. They answered us after the weekend was over and told us that they would "follow up" and get back with us. But they never did. :(

I realize that it was Crocs who dropped the ball. But it's really a shame because everyone lost out as a result. I didn't order the shoes I wanted, SR didn't get the $ from the order, and Crocs lost a sale. I was hoping that Crocs would have at least honored the coupon since it was THEIR mistake. Oh, well. I do appreciate you trying.

momof3lovebugs
09-09-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm still around. But, I do more stalking than talking. My girls are in 10th and 7th grade and enjoying it very much. I encouraged them to join clubs, that is probably what I remember most about school. They took me to heart. Anna is already in 2 clubs, GS and helps with a church youth group, today, she announced a 3rd club she wants to join. Grace is already in 3 clubs, GS and helps with the same youth group.

Between their social lives and my job...and Facebook...I am not as active. But, I still love SR and do enjoy the friendships and reading about TR, weddings, new babies, etc.

this just cracked me up!!! :rotfl: Love it! Well, my lame story is that I cashed out for my trip! :cooldance::cooldance: and I took a well deserved break. Plus, I am a homeschooling mom and when school started mid August my life got uber busy.
I enjoy the community here too! I used to belong to a couple other boards (not rewards boards-kids clothing) which is how I met a couple of the members here who are friends. Boards go in cycles and so does life. I am back b/c I enjoy the community and the options to shop and earn but I must admit that since I can't earn any more money before I go on my trip next month I am not as 'driven' as I was before, kwim?
funny though, as I was out shopping yesterday on the way home I was thinking gee, skechers probably is on SR and I could've earned some cash! :rotfl: BUT, with my kids and the need to try stuff on it is really difficult to buy online, unless I have options to return in store. Stuff like that makes me buy offline instead. Not b/c of anything else really......I need a nintendo ds for my dd's bday coming up though...so I am going to look here first! She doesn't have to try that on! :D

Blessing and Miracle
09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Ahhhh Lisa.... I SOOOO missed the discussions here about you and your love life! You sure make me smile and realize that marriage can still be a forever thing! You are such and encourager!

Gril, all of that talk can get you in a lot of trouble. That's how I ended up with 6 year old twins. :rotfl:

speechteachri
09-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Gril, all of that talk can get you in a lot of trouble. That's how I ended up with 6 year old twins. :rotfl:

Hahahaha!!!!!:rotfl:

sammielynn
09-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa you just beat all.

APB513
09-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm one of those disappearing people. I joined SR awhile back for a Disney trip. I got frustrated because I had a hard time qualifying for surveys. After I got $25 (most from shopping), I cashed out and quit.

Now I have a WDW trip and a Disney cruise planned for next year. So I thought I would give it another try. I got excited to see that there are more survey opportunities but wouldn't you know it...I can't seem to qualify for most of them. Today I tried all 6 of the survey opportunities several times. After all of that, I made it to the end of two surveys :(

After reading some of the posts here, I've decided I'm going to keep trying. I really need the money but it does get a bit frustrating to spend 5 or 10 minutes answering questions only to be told you don't qualify :eek:

SunshineGirl
09-09-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm one of those disappearing people. I joined SR awhile back for a Disney trip. I got frustrated because I had a hard time qualifying for surveys. After I got $25 (most from shopping), I cashed out and quit.

Now I have a WDW trip and a Disney cruise planned for next year. So I thought I would give it another try. I got excited to see that there are more survey opportunities but wouldn't you know it...I can't seem to qualify for most of them. Today I tried all 6 of the survey opportunities several times. After all of that, I made it to the end of two surveys :(

After reading some of the posts here, I've decided I'm going to keep trying. I really need the money but it does get a bit frustrating to spend 5 or 10 minutes answering questions only to be told you don't qualify :eek:

We are glad to have you back! Sometimes it helps to watch the forums and see which particular surveys people are having luck with in a given day. For example, MyView is super, super hard to get right now. But Greenfield looks like it is easy tonight.

There may be a couple of other survey/offers that are worth trying to give your account a quick bump. Things like Reward TV, Opinion Outpost, and Inspired Opinions.

APB513
09-09-2010, 11:28 PM
We are glad to have you back! Sometimes it helps to watch the forums and see which particular surveys people are having luck with in a given day. For example, MyView is super, super hard to get right now. But Greenfield looks like it is easy tonight.

There may be a couple of other survey/offers that are worth trying to give your account a quick bump. Things like Reward TV, Opinion Outpost, and Inspired Opinions.

:thanks:, Tricia! Greenfield is one of the ones I got today.

How do I find Reward TV, Opinion Outpost, and Inspired Opinions?

Pooh's Pal
09-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Hey Everyone!! I've been stalking and not talking too! Yes, off the forums for quite awhile now, I've been soooo busy, BUT that's a good thing!

A little catch up here: My DD graduated from Grad school in May, got her 1st apartment over the summer and landed a new job with the State of MA. Me? I've been working like crazy, Cape Cod had a great Summer and I've been getting ready for my big trip in September! And my TA business is booming! (Thanks to a few of my SR friends!! ;))

Still do most of my shopping through SR thou'!

Love and Miss you all!!
Deb T ºOº

SunshineGirl
09-10-2010, 07:51 AM
:thanks:, Tricia! Greenfield is one of the ones I got today.

How do I find Reward TV, Opinion Outpost, and Inspired Opinions?

Those are actually under the Offers/Contests tab. You should be able to pull down "All Offers" and then find them in there alphabetically.

APB513
09-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Those are actually under the Offers/Contests tab. You should be able to pull down "All Offers" and then find them in there alphabetically.

Thanks, Tricia.

One last question - when will I see my credit from Greenfield? I completed a survey yesterday but I don't see the credit. I also completed one today.

dwkay8
09-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks, Tricia.

One last question - when will I see my credit from Greenfield? I completed a survey yesterday but I don't see the credit. I also completed one today.

Greenfield surveys credit the next day - mine usually come in around lunch time. You'll probably see credit in a few hours. Since it's Friday, you won't see credit for the Greenfield you took today until Monday. Greenfield only credits on business days. All other surveys credit within a few hours :)

If you haven't already seen this thread, check this one out (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=48968) from the Member Q&A forum. jnorth explains how surveys track in post #3. I've been a member for a while, but her post helped me to understand more how surveys work, so it could be helpful to you too!

Blessing and Miracle
09-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey Everyone!! I've been stalking and not talking too! Yes, off the forums for quite awhile now, I've been soooo busy, BUT that's a good thing!

A little catch up here: My DD graduated from Grad school in May, got her 1st apartment over the summer and landed a new job with the State of MA. Me? I've been working like crazy, Cape Cod had a great Summer and I've been getting ready for my big trip in September! And my TA business is booming! (Thanks to a few of my SR friends!! ;))

Love and Miss you all!!
Deb T ºOº

Yep, cause I was there right in the midst of it all. :) Simply beautiful!
Congratulations to DD. You must be very proud. My DS graduated from college in May as well. He hasn't landed a job yet but he has completed a test with the Border Patrol (waiting on those results). I honestly hope he doesn't get hired. Too dangerous!!! :( And tomorrow he has his first interview with the Houston Police Department. My feelings are mixed about that too. I told him to try to get a job with state or the gov.

Good to see you post and you have been missed! Stick your head in more often. :)

LuvMyBoys
09-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Yep, cause I was there right in the midst of it all. :) Simply beautiful!
Congratulations to DD. You must be very proud. My DS graduated from college in May as well. He hasn't landed a job yet but he has completed a test with the Border Patrol (waiting on those results). I honestly hope he doesn't get hired. Too dangerous!!! :( And tomorrow he has his first interview with the Houston Police Department. My feelings are mixed about that too. I told him to try to get a job with state or the gov.

Good to see you post and you have been missed! Stick your head in more often. :)

Ugh, what a situation to be in as a mom! :eek: I would not feel good about border patrol, not with all of the problems down there. Or maybe he can get Canada?? I would feel good about that! :) You probably wouldn't want him so far from home though.

I agree with you, tell him to try for something a little safer with the state or the feds! Has he looked into US Marshals? That always looked cool.

I just know one of my boys is going to be testing me with this type of stuff...can't wait :cry:

APB513
09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Greenfield surveys credit the next day - mine usually come in around lunch time. You'll probably see credit in a few hours. Since it's Friday, you won't see credit for the Greenfield you took today until Monday. Greenfield only credits on business days. All other surveys credit within a few hours :)

If you haven't already seen this thread, check this one out (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=48968) from the Member Q&A forum. jnorth explains how surveys track in post #3. I've been a member for a while, but her post helped me to understand more how surveys work, so it could be helpful to you too!

dwkay8 -

You were right! I just checked and my Greenfield credit from yesterday is in my account!

Blessing and Miracle
09-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Ugh, what a situation to be in as a mom! :eek: I would not feel good about border patrol, not with all of the problems down there. Or maybe he can get Canada?? I would feel good about that! :) You probably wouldn't want him so far from home though.

I agree with you, tell him to try for something a little safer with the state or the feds! Has he looked into US Marshals? That always looked cool.

I just know one of my boys is going to be testing me with this type of stuff...can't wait :cry:

It really stinks because you want them to be happy and support them with whatever they chose to do but it's hard. I knew that the day would come as he has always wanted to be in law enforcement of some type. Eventually, he would like to be an FBI agent in Washington D.C. To me that's just as far as Canada but a lot safer. He's still my baby boy. :( Sshh!! I told my DH that if the border patrol calls I'm not giving him the message. LOL.

speechteachri
09-10-2010, 10:56 PM

Love and Miss you all!!
Deb T ºOº

Nice to "see" you here! ;)

AlternateEgo
09-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Maybe one afternoon when you have some time we can sit down and go through the things to check and see if we can figure out what is blocking your laptop. It seems so strange but with computers and the internet nothing ever shocks me. I have to keep my laptop plugged in to the ethernet (yellow) chord in order for things to post. I can't use my wireless to do surveys or shopping or they won't post. I have never figured out why but it just is LOL. However, plugged in it all credits. Wacky. Anyways, maybe if we go through and try some things with you we can figure out what is up. I would be fustrated if half of my items didn't post. Catch me one afternoon when you have time and I will see if I can help you.

Thanks! I do use wireless internet, so maybe thats my problem.

I haven't tried a lot yet, but a Daily Survey did go through.

Alice28
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
I've been a member for awhile, but I've never felt like I *belonged* (a common feeling throughout my life, FWIW)...and since I'm a big one for helping (either other SR users or trying to help with issues by describing thoroughly) and righting "wrongs", and I don't always phrase things perfectly, that can definitely be read as being complainy. Never feels like it to me, I feel like I'm helping, but eventually I tried to shush myself...

But I also got heartbroken by cyber-turned-real-life-friends from the one board where I tried to make friends ages ago (not here), so I mainly use forums for getting help, helping others, and...that's pretty much it.

A hint for not being overwhelmed by "ack" threads....don't click New Posts! I never do, don't even know where that button is. I go through each forum one by one, look at what I want to look at, don't look at what I don't want to. I see the threads that are newly posted or newly replied to, I rarely miss something, and I just plod along through it...without being overwhelmed. I don't do New Posts on ANY board I'm on...I just plod along through each subforum!

linanglab, I'm sorry you've been going through such problems. I never saw you post about any of it until you came back...:hugs:

I agree with a lot of what you said. I try and help out when I can with the newbies, but sometimes I feel like I have to be extremely careful in how I word things. I also don't click new posts- that helps with avoiding all the negativity I suppose!

Mom2aPrincess
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM

That's a really good tip. I need to try it as I gave up on surveys and most offers a while back. It seemed like I went about 2 months when nothing would credit - nothing, and then the GF surveys will lock up my computer (bought a new computer, still locks it up)...I'll have to try that this evening.

I too am a member that was once active, but had to let something go and SR Forums ended up being one of those things. With a daughter in high school (Graduated in May and is now at A&M Corpus) who was in every activity imaginable, a job change (twice in the last 3 years), and my 10 year old who is pretty active too...life as a single mom just got crazy and almost my entire online world had to pause for a while.

Hoping to ease back into things. I've really missed everyone.

sammielynn
09-14-2010, 07:04 AM
That's a really good tip. I need to try it as I gave up on surveys and most offers a while back. It seemed like I went about 2 months when nothing would credit - nothing, and then the GF surveys will lock up my computer (bought a new computer, still locks it up)...I'll have to try that this evening.

I too am a member that was once active, but had to let something go and SR Forums ended up being one of those things. With a daughter in high school (Graduated in May and is now at A&M Corpus) who was in every activity imaginable, a job change (twice in the last 3 years), and my 10 year old who is pretty active too...life as a single mom just got crazy and almost my entire online world had to pause for a while.

I've missed you! Welcome back.

Blessing and Miracle
09-14-2010, 09:25 AM

How wonderful to see you post!! I've thought of you often. How are those beautiful girls? Wow. How time flies. Your oldest is in college now.

Mom2aPrincess
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM
How wonderful to see you post!! I've thought of you often. How are those beautiful girls? Wow. How time flies. Your oldest is in college now.

I've missed you! Welcome back.

I've missed everyone here too and yes, time flies by so fast.

The girls are good. Cameron started 5th grade this year. She turned 10 last month. Having a hard time believing my baby is so big. Becka started at A&M Corpus this year. She's loving it, but I'm missing her..6 hours is a long ways away!