PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help please?

goingtodis
09-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi. I am still fairly new to SR, but need some help RE: surveys crediting. The past week, I have had no problem getting credits. Then when SS2 was added, I read everyone say to clear cookies. I am not very computer savvy, but think I did that right. Then on Sat and Sun I did 2 SS1 surveys, and have yet to be credited for either. Can someone please help me figure out if my settings are off? I go to Tools, then Internet options, then under browsing history, click delete, then what boxes should be checked? Not sure if thats right, but any help would be much appreciated! TIA :)

One more question, when I cleared cookies, it erased ALL my passwords to many sites. (yahoo, google, ect...) Do you guys retype that stuff in every time you CC?

dawgsgirl
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Yes, we are a bunch of cookie clearing fools!!!:rotfl: Most of us have installed CookieCleaner which is free and it clears all the cookies. Cookies must be cleaned daily and the best thing is to do it first thing each morning. And yes, you do have to retype all your passwords everytime, but that is something you will get used to. I am not computer savy at all, so perhaps someone who is will come along to help you out a little more. Don't know why your surveys are not crediting!! Happy Labor Day!!!

goingtodis
09-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the reply dawgsgirl. :thanks: Glad to know I was at least doing that part right and y'all didn't have some cookie/password recovery secret. :)

mmm611
09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi. I am still fairly new to SR, but need some help RE: surveys crediting. The past week, I have had no problem getting credits. Then when SS2 was added, I read everyone say to clear cookies. I am not very computer savvy, but think I did that right. Then on Sat and Sun I did 2 SS1 surveys, and have yet to be credited for either. Can someone please help me figure out if my settings are off? I go to Tools, then Internet options, then under browsing history, click delete, then what boxes should be checked? Not sure if thats right, but any help would be much appreciated! TIA :)

One more question, when I cleared cookies, it erased ALL my passwords to many sites. (yahoo, google, ect...) Do you guys retype that stuff in every time you CC?

Ok, this is what I have checked to be deleted under Tools--Internet Options.
-Browsing history
-Temporary internet files
-Cookies

Generally though, I just use CCleaner, as it's fast, easy and free. I would make sure you have the boke UNCHECKED for deleting saved passwords (if you have them set to automatically input your password after entering your username), but that won't do anything about needing to log in again. If you use CCleaner, you also need to be sure to uncheck the box for clearing saved passwords.

I'm not really sure what to do about the SSI problems you've described.

Mandi
09-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Definitely download Cookie Cleaner. It a super easy free program that clears everything for you. You can get it here. http://www.piriform.com/

Not getting credit might be a cookie issue. Sometimes that just happens. I took a Y2C survey yesterday, got the congrats page and never received credit. It's just one of those things.. come with the territory, basically. :)

goingtodis
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks so much for the replies mmm611 and mandi. :thanks: I truly appreciate everyone trying to help b/c its driven me bonkers! :computer: :rotfl:

All the surveys were crediting Before I cleared my cookies, and now nada. I read that I should enable cookies, so I googled how to do that, and maybe that will help. I really want to be able to take the surveys and do some shopping again. I did a little shopping over the weekend, so I really hope those credit and weren't affected by the cookies.

Leslie
09-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks so much for the replies mmm611 and mandi. :thanks: I truly appreciate everyone trying to help b/c its driven me bonkers! :computer: :rotfl:

All the surveys were crediting Before I cleared my cookies, and now nada. I read that I should enable cookies, so I googled how to do that, and maybe that will help. I really want to be able to take the surveys and do some shopping again. I did a little shopping over the weekend, so I really hope those credit and weren't affected by the cookies.

I don't know if this pertains to you or not, but make sure you aren't clearing cookies before it has time to credit. For example, if you take a survey that should credit at 5pm, make sure you wait until you see the credit before clearing or the surveys won't credit. And welcome to SR! :sunshine:

goingtodis
09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the tip Leslie. :thanks: I don't think I was doing that, but its good info for the future. If I can ever get another survey credit again! :rotfl:

I took another SS1 yesterday, to see if my problem was fixed, but still no credit for that one either. :( I would really love to be able to do these surveys again, b/c I was just beginning to get in the swing of things. :cry:

mmm611
09-07-2010, 10:19 AM
What browser are you using? I usualloy use Internet Explorer for SR. All I can think of is maybe one of the other settings was reset there when you cleared cookies.

Let's try this and see what it looks like on your computer.

Tools--Internet Options--Privacy tab.
Look under settings and click Advanced.

Override automatic cookie handling--CHECK
First party cookies--ACCEPT
Third party cookies--ACCEPT
Always allow session cookies--CHECK

Now click on SITES to make sure you didn't block something. Mine is empty, but you might have something you had blocked elsewhere.

APPLY and OK.

I take it you weren't clearing cookies at all before the SSI2 was added?

Check those settings and let me know if there is anything different there. If not, I'll try to find something else on mine that we can compare.

goingtodis
09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank you so much mmm611 for coming back and trying to help me! :angel:

I use IE, and have never cleared cookies before and the surveys used to go through fine and get credited fine. Then when SS2 was added, everyone was saying to clear them, so I did, and thats when the problems began.

I went though your steps. I did NOT have "override automatic cookies handled" checked, so I checked that.

I did NOT have "always allow session cookies" checked, so I checked that.

Everything else was like yours. Perhaps now it will work? I will try to take a survey and see if I get credited. Thanks so much for all your help. I will update as soon as I qualify/take a survey to see if I get the credit now. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

mmm611
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok, let's see if that works then! Let me know if you still have problems and we'll try to take it from there.

goingtodis
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
:clap::clap: mmm611- it worked! :party:

You, and everyone else that has tried to help has been awesome! Thank you!!

I really do appreciate you all taking out the time to try and help a newbie.

:hugs:

SunshineGirl
09-07-2010, 02:24 PM

Yea!!! This is great news. Sometimes I think our forum members know more of the ins and outs of the surveys than I do!!

mmm611
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM

YAY!!!!! And you're very welcome!