PDA

View Full Version : sales not crediting

myers2be
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Ok, I did several online shopping sprees one day and none of them credited. I have since put a trouble ticket in for each of them, but what a hassle. On the day in question, I logged in as usual and looked up the store I wanted to make the purchase from. Then I used the link to get to the store site and make my purchase. But, when I went back to the SR page to go to the next store, I had been logged off. This happened with 3 different purchases from 3 different sites that same day. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or a problem similar to this? Also if anyone has any ideas on what went wrong or how to fix it? I feel sorry for Tricia and the support staff for having to go research these purchases to credit my account and would love to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Just an FYI, I have since made purchases and everything worked fine. Therefore I don't know if it was just a glitch or if I did something to make it happen. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
myers2be

m 'n c
09-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Sounds like maybe a glitch if everything else is working fine. Did you wait until you received your confirmation emails before clearing cookies? Did you change any of your settings since that day in question?

myers2be
09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Haven't changed settings in I don't know how long and the hubby hasn't cleared any cookies for about a month or so.

m 'n c
09-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Would you mind posting which merchants you submitted TTs for.

myers2be
09-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Vista Prints, Best Buy, Vera Bradley, and Shutterfly. Tricia found the one at Vista Prints... it said I was not logged in, but made the purchase through SR so I got the credit.

That is what happened with each one, I logged in, made the purchase only to find out that I was not logged in when I went back and tried to make another purchase through the next store site. It was very weird how I kept getting logged out.

m 'n c
09-10-2010, 04:25 AM
It sounds like there is something running on your computer in the background that is erasing cookies if you keep getting logged out. I think Cindy posted something on this so try a forum search. Bestbuy is one that I always have an issue with so don't fret over that one. I have only shopped at Shutterfly from your list and I get about 75% of my credits automatically from them so it might have just been a fluke.

kimntrent
09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Toolbars can do this. I had to get rid of mine because of it.

jnorth1007
09-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes it sounds like you have something running on your computer that is cleaning up after you. It is deleting cookies and logging you out. Do you have any toolbars or security software running? Do you get survey credits ok?

sammielynn
09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Are you running an ad block program? That was killing me at one time.

spring
09-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Just a thought, since you had not cleared cookies in about a month, had you gone to any of those sites to look around without directly going through the SR link first? Sometimes, I look on a website prior to shopping, but I always clear cookies prior to logging into SR and shopping on that site through the SR link. Otherwise, you could have a cookie placed from a prior visit and not get credit through SR. It happened to me in my early days of SR, so I'm really careful now.
Yes, I have been logged out of SR a few times after shopping. I usually get credit, though.