PDA

View Full Version : Universal Gift Cards

Soccer Princess
05-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Okay, don't kill me, but is there any way we could get Universal gift cards added? ;)

2yearplan
05-27-2007, 07:36 PM
We always do Universal along with Disney!! My family thinks we are nuts for going so often, hence my name----every two years is NOT soon enough some years!

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Cindy's looking into seeing what kinds of cards that they offer.

2yearplan
05-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks!!!!!

destny72
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I would love it if you offered universal gift cards!!:)

sunshinecindy
05-30-2007, 11:02 PM
They certainly aren't the easiest people to deal with but I am looking into what we can possibly do for GC or admission tickets or whatever they have we can offer you.

destny72
05-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Do they even have gift cards?? I looked on web site and couldn't find them.

m 'n c
06-02-2007, 12:42 PM
We always do Universal along with Disney!! My family thinks we are nuts for going so often, hence my name----every two years is NOT soon enough some years!

OT but we are on a 2 year plan as well. We are going next year and we are actually about to put in our vacation request this summer for next Sept and then in 2010 we will be going to not only WDW but we will make a 1 day stop at UO to see the new Harry Potter area. I'm not a huge movie buff or coaster freak so I've never been to UO so it should be interesting.

Pooh's Pal
06-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Disney has them.....even Seaworld has them!! So why not Universal? :confused:

luvdisney
06-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I havn't been to universal in about 16 years, I'm sure that it has changed alot since then. Now my DD says that she wants to go because of the new Harry Potter attraction. I would rather do Disney, we will have to see.

sunshinecindy
06-02-2007, 10:54 PM
I love Universal, and I would love to have some kind of GC program with them, but they haven't called me back. I will try again on Monday to see what they have to offer. Even if I have to go over to pick up whatever it is, its not that far for me and I could make a fun day of it.

destny72
06-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for trying to get us something!:)

docsmom
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I hope they get back to you!! A Universal GC would be great. We have our first UO/IOA trip planned next spring.

ItsmeSunnyV
06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Do You guys know if they would be good for Universal Hollywood too??

sunshinecindy
06-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I can't seem to find anyone at Universal who is willing to help. I need to get to one of the bigwigs and throw Disney up at him and how much business we do for them,maybe then they would be a little more cooperative. I may just have to go over there one day and see what I can do.....hey Sunshinegirl, do I have an expense account?:rotfl:

sunshinecindy
06-18-2007, 09:35 AM
I have now found someone at Universal that is willing to help out. Currently they do not have a GC program, but they do have a program for us to buy admission tickets. Are those of any interest. We could probably save you a few bucks on getting into the park at least.

destny72
06-25-2007, 10:11 PM
That sounds good:)

kimntrent
06-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh we love that and they are so expensive. That would be a great one.
________
WELLBUTRIN LAWSUITS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

sammielynn
06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
My sons always have to have at least one day at Universal, that would be cool!

sunshinecindy
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Well, we are getting closer to the Universal tickets and maybe even some gift cards. Our application is now with their lawyers. They are making this very difficult, but I think so many of you will love it, so we are really working hard to get it. Should have some answers within the week.

kimntrent
06-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Maybe this is unknown territory for them.
________
Mazda 787B (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_787B)

docsmom
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, we are getting closer to the Universal tickets and maybe even some gift cards.

I would love to see the gift cards. We already have tickets for our March 2008 trip, so I hope you get some good news on the gift cards.

We will have at least $350 in disney gift cards for our Sept trip...so no guilt when we order those $12 Lapu Lapu's or decide to eat and drink our way around Epcot!! :cheers:

It would be wonderful to have that extra little fun money for Universal!!

Soccer Princess
06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Ugh how frustrating that they are making this difficult! Thanks so much for you work on this Cindy!

cglaura
06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I found a thread on DisBoards that said WalMart & Publix sells them in stores, didn't know if I was allowed to post a link to a DisBoard thread?

But one entry said this, from 12/5/06

"You can use them at the ticket booths and Guest services. They cannot be used to purchase merchandise or food. To purchase merchandise/food you must redeem the card for universal dollars at Guest services.

The Universal bucks can then be used almost everywhere except Emerils and third party vendors."

I don't know if they are still available or if you were only looking for bulk corporate purchases, but just an fyi if anyone wanted to buy them as gifts or something. A WalMart just opened near me so I'll check it out to see if they are there this weekend.

sunshinecindy
06-29-2007, 10:28 PM
They are also at CVS phamacies, but we do buy in bulk. Right now they aren't good for swiping in the park, but yes, you get the Universal dollars and can buy about anything with them. By the first of next year, they will be reloadable and able to be used in the park like at Disney. We are right now leaning toward getting the park tickets so that we can also save you money on admissions. We are still working on it.

ItsmeSunnyV
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
They are also at CVS phamacies, but we do buy in bulk. Right now they aren't good for swiping in the park, but yes, you get the Universal dollars and can buy about anything with them. By the first of next year, they will be reloadable and able to be used in the park like at Disney. We are right now leaning toward getting the park tickets so that we can also save you money on admissions. We are still working on it.

Do you know if they'll be accepted at Universal Hollywood as well?

sunshinecindy
06-30-2007, 08:36 AM
I will find out for sure when we get them.