PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Wii!!

Weluvdisny
11-25-2007, 06:29 PM
If anyone is lucky enough to get one this Christmas, can you please share where and when you got one? My two sons having been wanting one since last year and I can't seem to be at the right place at the right time. TIA!!

askomsky
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Call your local Gamestop (if you have one nearby) everyday. they get shipments everyday and should get them at least twice a week. That's what the guy told me back in Oct when I picked mine up. He said that most GS in the area are the same way.

The other thing I noticed is when TRU and Target (have a friend who works at Target) do advertise them in their sale ads, that means they have gotten or expected to have a shipment arrive for the first day of the sale. They sometimes get them a few days before but won't put them on the floor until Sunday when the sale ad starts, just be prepared to get there early before they open and stand outside.

HTH!
April

Alice28
11-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I saw Toys R Us get several shipments in last week (I went to two different ones trying to find the games on sale). They got about 15 each time. I got mine at Circuit City on a Sunday morning several weeks ago. My advice is to get the Sunday paper on Saturday night and scan all the ads to see who has it in their circular. Be at that store 40 or so minutes before they open, and I think you will have a good chance at getting one. I was so nervous when we went to CC, but there were only 2 people ahead of me, and 2 behind me. It wasn't a madhouse. Then again, it was the end of Sept., so not 'shopping season' yet.

sunshinemckenzie
11-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I agree with the gamestop suggestion. I have a friend who works there and said that the one he works in, usually gets 2 units on Mon., Wed., and Fri. and they are usually gone within an hour.

What I had to do, even with knowing someone who worked there, was to call and call. Since I lived almost 40 miles away, and they wouldn't hold it, I paid for it over the phone with my CC. At least they had it when I got there.

it was just a basic $249.00 unit but at least it will be under the tree. DS can add to it later.

sunshinemckenzie
11-25-2007, 10:52 PM
there is also this site:

http://wiitracker.com/

you have to check throughout the day but you might get lucky there.

DisneyMa
11-26-2007, 01:25 AM
I happened upon our Wii while I was shopping at Target. They had 9 and by the time I had purchased mine, 3 others were sold!! Moral of the story, buy now, question later!!:D

Hope you find one!!

mjjmbnmm
11-26-2007, 01:30 AM
I agree with trying gamestop, I was lucky to get their last one when I went, and I bought mine 2 months ago.

linanglab
11-26-2007, 07:18 AM
I am also trying to get a Wii for Christmas. This is ALL the boys will get, and I really would like to get it. I will try Gamestop

I asked the Target people when I was in Cincy this weekend. They told me that if it is in the paper, be the first in line on the day of the sale because they will have them.

Good luck to you and me!

dreamer13079
11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Another place to watch is Amazon.com. I got one the other night for a friend who has been looking for one for her husband.

Stinkerbelle
11-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I talked to the guys at Target yesterday and they said the same thing as pp - wait until it is in the ad and be there first thing Sunday morning. First thing = before the store opens. They also said that shipments were regional. Meaning that if they got some, the other stores were likely to also have gotten the shipments.

linanglab
11-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Another place to watch is Amazon.com. I got one the other night for a friend who has been looking for one for her husband.

Never shopped through Amazon - at least that I remember. How do you go about doing that? Do you search for a Wii? Sorry for the stupidity.

eaglesdare
11-26-2007, 08:32 AM
i finally gave up and bought the ps2. maybe during this next year i will keep my eyes out for the wii for next christmas.

dreamer13079
11-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Not stupidity at all!! I am an Amazon shopping addict. :)

You can even shop through the link on SR and even though we don't earn a percentage back, I think that SR earns some kind of credit that gets used for rewards in contests. I think I read that once anyhow!

Just search for Wii. When Amazon is the seller, the shipping is free so that is cool. I'll post on here too if I see it in the near future as a heads up too.

Good luck!!

dreamer13079
11-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Sears.com might have it in stock soon too because it shows as available on their site but gives an error message when you try to add it to the cart. Perhaps they will fix it today. That would be cool.

nicholfamily5
11-26-2007, 09:18 AM
I have seen it frequently at BJ's Wholesale club. It seems like everytime I go they have at least 5-6 there, and it is a bundle package.

I got ours at Target, I was calling every day, and finally I found one 30 minutes away. I rushed there and they still had a few left.

I can pick one up for someone, but I'd need the money transfered to my paypal, because I'm tapped out for shopping! lol

linanglab
11-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I have seen it frequently at BJ's Wholesale club. It seems like everytime I go they have at least 5-6 there, and it is a bundle package.

I got ours at Target, I was calling every day, and finally I found one 30 minutes away. I rushed there and they still had a few left.

I can pick one up for someone, but I'd need the money transfered to my paypal, because I'm tapped out for shopping! lol

How much are they going for where you are? Are they the $249 ones or the more expensive ones? Sorry for my dumbness....again....but I do not know much about video game units. DH has me on this mission, and I really don't know what I am looking for. He wants the $249 one. But then we have to get another controller, etc.

kaw1218
11-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Try Compusa.com
They have them available off and on. You do have to pay online and do a store pickup, though.

Beware of the bundles. Sometimes they are more than the actual value.
Especially on Amazon. Always check who the seller is when buying through Amazon, sometimes it's a little store, and they charge $$$$ for shipping. (been there done that)

SunshineGirl
11-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Just added CompUSA.

DisneyMa
11-26-2007, 12:03 PM
If you are going to buy an extra controller: there is a game that comes with a controller. It's $10 more than just the controller and comes with 9 games!! I would go with the $249 model and add as you go. The nice thing about the Wii game system is that it comes pre-loaded with 5 games.

Hope you find one.:D

Weluvdisny
11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to get one online so I can get SR credit with it!

linanglab
11-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Went to Gamestop today. He said their shipment was not in. So I stopped back before leaving the mall and lo and behold.....I GOT A WII!!! I got the last one. Whew.....Now I can enjoy the rest of the season without that over my head.....

DisneyMa
11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
ooooh congrats!!! Finding the game console is the hardest part!! Finding all the accessories and games you can find everywhere!! :cooldance:

coastalgirl
11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Glad you found it!!! :cooldance:

m 'n c
11-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Yay Angela! I was worried for you.

linanglab
11-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Now we got to give all of our luckness to WeLuvDisney so she can get hers. I feel for you! I know how hard it is to find one!

I have to say, I had a smile on my face ALL day. I am sure all of the other drivers that were in their cars were looking at me like "why is she grinning ear to ear while driving, with NO one else in the car". I am sure I looked like an idiot. BUT a happy idiot!

miraclemommy
11-27-2007, 07:03 AM
just subscribing.

I am also on a hunt for the very elusive wii. This is the only thing my DS has decided he wants, so I am starting to get a little desperate.

linanglab
11-27-2007, 07:28 AM
This is what the Gamestop people said to me. Their shipments for the Wii come in around 3 times per week (some more, some less) and that the shipments are between 10:30 am and 1:00 pm. My plan was going to the mall (where our Gamestop is) 3 or 4 times a week. I was going to get there at 10:15 and stay until about 11:15 and just keep bopping in and seeing if it was there.

If you have a Gamestop, I would just ask them when their shipments come in daily and try to make it in a few times a week around that time. Surely you will get there at the right time sometime. Good luck!

sammielynn
11-27-2007, 08:16 AM
My son got his Wii last year after weeks of trying, he stood in line one night for 5 hours at Walmart only to have the family in front of him but the last three they had. There were three of them in line together and each of them bought one. He overheard them talking about how much they were going to make selling the silly the things. He was so mad. So one morning I heard a rumor on the Disboard that all TRU stores would be getting a shipment that day. Called TRU and ask what time they got their shipments, got my son out of bed (it was Christmas Holiday) and we flew to TRU 45 miles away. He ran in the store behind the UPS guy and was third in line for a Wii. They had three! The lady in line behnd him cried. I was elated and sad at the same time.
Good luck on your quest.

missymouse
11-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Like I think everyone else has said it is all in the timing and being at the right place at the right time. My DS decided in July that he wanted the Wii for his Birthday. We agreed that the 2 boys could get it and it would count as both of their Birthday presents. So off we went on the hunt. No one had any in stock, said to call each day to see. So I made an excel spreadsheet listing every store in the area that carries them, phone number, and a list of questions to ask. Told my oldest DS that it was his job to call each place everyday and ask, when he finds one to call me at work and let me know. Now I was thinking that this experiment would take weeks, but no 4th phone call on day 1 he found one at K-Mart.

kaw1218
11-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Congrats on getting your Wii!!!!!

Weluvdisny
11-27-2007, 10:04 AM
I got one!!!! Woo-Hoo!! My friend that works at Wal-Mart called me and said they got 5 in so I rushed down there because they can't hold them for anyone and I GOT THE LAST ONE!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!