PDA

View Full Version : New Contest!!

SunshineGirl
10-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Some of you have mentioned wanting to win one of our "Sunshine Your Way to Disney" bags, and it just so happens that we have some on hand. The forum has been quiet lately. What can we do to get you all chatting again?

Give us feedback on your favorite SR forum contests. Do they run all day or for shorter periods of time? Are they about SR stuff or do they involve a survey or offer? Let's toss it around and figure something out so we can give some stuff away!!!

29apr00
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I liked the birthday game where we had to hunt stuff down all over the SR site.....it was different and really got us looking at stuff besides the surveys and shopping. that was fun.

RENITA
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
No matter what it is all contests are great, since you get the opportunity to win :clap: something.

I personally prefer shorter ones like 1 day or weekends, because the end comes quicker and you get immediate satisfaction of knowing who wins.

It is like running a race. You get all excited, then make a run for it. It is over quick, and no matter if you win or not, you participated and your heart gets pumping fast and you just feel good from the excitement.

So lets have a quick one.:sunshine2:

m 'n c
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
I love our guess the song/movie/etc game based on clues. Those were always fun. Crazy credits is another old favorite.

Hedy
10-14-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd go with either Crazy credits or a trivia game.
Also, I'd love to see a prize of the carabiner waterbottle holders, if there are any left (or an auction, actually)

PSL1013
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I liked the birthday game where we had to hunt stuff down all over the SR site.....it was different and really got us looking at stuff besides the surveys and shopping. that was fun.

My vote is for this one too, love it! It was fun and sometimes hard at the same time. :heart:

chipndale
10-14-2010, 02:08 PM
My vote is for the trivia game or a scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt always is interesting because you learn something new about SR.

mollyeilis
10-14-2010, 02:25 PM

I like this too. It reminds me of the Great Cloth Diaper Hunt, which used to be done twice a year on the cloth dipe sites (and homemade soaps, babyslings, etc etc). Except the Sunshine version is much much easier (doesn't take a full MONTH to do!).

MamaO
10-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I miss the scavenger hunts!

Blessing and Miracle
10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Since I suck at guessing movies and songs and trivia, I'd prefer something else, but it's all fun.

I love Crazy Credits. :heart: A little shopping, a few surveys and offers goes a long way with me. LOL.

OhMari
10-14-2010, 03:43 PM
OMG, definately the Scavenger Hunts.
I was actually going to beg you yesterday to have one, but I didn't want to be a pest.

I see things on the scavenger hunts, that I normally never would click on. I am such a creature of habit on the site, I need to get around more.:rotfl:

iluvamystery89
10-14-2010, 04:18 PM
i love scavenger hunts and crazy credits as well. shorter contests, the ones that run for 1-3 days, are the best-the short duration helps keep me engaged. heck, i love ALL of the contests! :banana:

spring
10-14-2010, 04:30 PM
My thoughts, exactly, lol! However, I find it is also difficult for me to go searching all over SR and stores for clues and such with my limited time I can be on here. Got to work, unfortunately, and can't do SR while at work.

My 1st choice would be for crazy credits, or some kind of survey contest/incentive.:D

sammielynn
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I really liked the scavenger hunts. Drove me crazy:blush:, but they were fun.

bbangel
10-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I like the scavanger hunts...even when you can't seem to find the clue that turns out to be right in front of you :rotfl:

I also like the contests where you enter based on things you've done. An entry for a certain survey or completing a certain offer or an order at a shopping place. Then you choose a winner for every 50 entries (or whatever increment you choose).

Oooh I also like the story contests, and the trivia/guess what I'm thinking contests. Really, who doesn't love a contest lol.

MdCaterer
10-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I have to add my vote for scavenger hunt type games. Shorter is key, but all are fun :)

Miwing
10-14-2010, 07:14 PM
While the scavenger hunts are fun, I like last years Christmas/Holiday Contest where over $1000 in prizes were handed out. I hope something like this will be done again this year. :)

shmily1
10-14-2010, 09:07 PM
My vote is for the trivia game or a scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt always is interesting because you learn something new about SR.

Totally agree! I love learning about different parts of SR that I may not have noticed otherwise.

29apr00
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
While the scavenger hunts are fun, I like last years Christmas/Holiday Contest where over $1000 in prizes were handed out. I hope something like this will be done again this year. :)

Oh I forgot about that one!! LOVED that contest!! All for it again!

Iteach
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I like anything that gives those of us who work during the day a chance to play at night or on the weekend!

zummi525
10-15-2010, 07:11 AM
I like anything that gives those of us who work during the day a chance to play at night or on the weekend!

I totally agree with this i totally hate that i am blocked from sunshine while i am at work why do they torture me :rotfl:

happymom
10-15-2010, 08:20 AM
A scavenger hunt sounds fun! I love contests. Keeps me on my toes. I want to play!!!:)

Love2Shop
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM
I always liked the crazy credit contests and also the birthday one was a lot of fun. I like the contests to be a bit longer (at least 2 days) because if I have to work two nights in a row, I usually miss out on the contests.

Belle
10-15-2010, 01:07 PM
I like the longer contests (like Countdown to Christmas), Crazy Credits, and the Scavenger Hunts.

slriver
10-15-2010, 01:17 PM
My vote goes to crazy credits. Forces me to keep trying to get surveys done.

Tracy

faithhope
10-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I love crazy credits with many options... surveys, shopping and offers...something for everyone. I like it to go on for a few days (3-5) so everyone gets a chance.

While earning money for a goal is great, knowing other people are out there trying the same offers and surveys gives more interaction and excitement.

I also like the scavenger hunts... it is something I can do and I get a small prize. again I know others are doing it too...so it is a group activity...

I really do NOT like the trivia type games... I'm really bad at it, and I get all stressed out trying to come up with the answer.

rlitex
10-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Would love a win. Thank you Sunshine for bringing sunshine to my life. :angel:

saffymom
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I love crazy credits! They always inspire me to work harder! I had forgotten about the scavenger hunts. Those were always a lot of fun too!:sunshine:

speechteachri
10-16-2010, 08:23 AM
I always enjoyed the scavenger hunts....although I don't really know why, I was terrible at them! :blush: They were always lots of fun. I also like the contest where we have to guess what you or Cindy is thinking about on a certain site, etc...those are fun.

I think my favorite though are the contests that help us learn more about each other, like the ones we have had about your scary Friday the 13th stories, or how did you meet your spouse/sig. other...things like that get people engaged with each other personally, and give everyone an equal chance at winning, regardless of whether or not you are able to get into any surveys at that particular time, have limited time because of lots of work during that contest, or have limited funds at that particular time to make purchases. I like to learn more about the people here, and that helps me feel more vested and be more involved in the long run.

megnick1822
10-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Trivia games and scavenger hunts are fun!

JOLAROCHE
10-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I like crazy credits.