PDA

View Full Version : cashing out....

aknight373
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
hey i just went into the rewards section to cash out ( well to just look haha) and for some reason all my reedom buttons are up for me to click on and i have less then 30 dollars

jnorth1007
11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. I went and checked it out and mine are the same way.

SunshineGirl
11-28-2007, 10:34 PM
ACK!! Thanks to the chain gang (Janet being in the form...PMing Angie...Angie calling me...LOL!), I've got SG in there right now.

We're working on an upgrade to the system to correspond with new terms of service that will take place after the first of the year. We've had a lot of people join and do a bunch of freebie offers and then cash out for an emailable gift certificate a week later. We send them their certificate and then find out a month later that everything they did was fraudulent and the advertisers take the money back. So we are going to require people to be members at least 45 days before their first cashout.

I guess when he went in and was making those changes today, he broke something else. :computer:

jnorth1007
11-28-2007, 10:34 PM
I just checked again and clicked on one of the ones I didn't have enough for and it gave me an error message. I think that they are lit up but wont allow redemption unless there are actual funds to cover them.

aknight373
11-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I just checked again and clicked on one of the ones I didn't have enough for and it gave me an error message. I think that they are lit up but wont allow redemption unless there are actual funds to cover them.

thats good, i was to scared to..... i didnt want to cash out for something i didnt have enough for haha

Mandi
11-28-2007, 11:31 PM
We're working on an upgrade to the system to correspond with new terms of service that will take place after the first of the year. We've had a lot of people join and do a bunch of freebie offers and then cash out for an emailable gift certificate a week later. We send them their certificate and then find out a month later that everything they did was fraudulent and the advertisers take the money back. So we are going to require people to be members at least 45 days before their first cashout.

Hey Tricia, I have a question on this.

My Mom is planning on joining the site soon. She said that whatever she could makes from the time she signs up until when we leave from there in Jan (we're traveling to visit her and my Dad in Indiana Dec. 26-Jan 5) she would cash out for and let me use for my girls for our Feb. Disney trip. So my questions comes in with the 45 day issue. Even if I managed to get her to sign up in the next few days (original plan was to help her while I was there since she's never done any GPT site and is generally not very computer savvy), that would still be pushing the 45 days. She wouldn't be cashing out for emailable gc's (at least not the first time since she'd doing disney gc's for my girls). Do you think we'd be alright or are you going to be pretty rigid with the 45 days? My Mom is legit, I promise. :rotfl:

mjjmbnmm
11-28-2007, 11:38 PM
This a little off topic, but I cashed out for a super gift cert. yesterday, I was wondering how long it usally takes to recieve it via e-mail.

SunshineGirl
11-28-2007, 11:46 PM
There's no telling on the Super Certificates. I ordered one for myself earlier today and still haven't gotten it. They used to be almost instant. But apparently the company turned itself upside down over the last week. Started charging 3.95 for each certificate instead of .95. Cindy was on the phone with their customer service this afternoon.

mjjmbnmm
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
$3.95 are they crazy, anyways thanks for the info.

SunshineGirl
11-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey Tricia, I have a question on this.

My Mom is planning on joining the site soon. She said that whatever she could makes from the time she signs up until when we leave from there in Jan (we're traveling to visit her and my Dad in Indiana Dec. 26-Jan 5) she would cash out for and let me use for my girls for our Feb. Disney trip. So my questions comes in with the 45 day issue. Even if I managed to get her to sign up in the next few days (original plan was to help her while I was there since she's never done any GPT site and is generally not very computer savvy), that would still be pushing the 45 days. She wouldn't be cashing out for emailable gc's (at least not the first time since she'd doing disney gc's for my girls). Do you think we'd be alright or are you going to be pretty rigid with the 45 days? My Mom is legit, I promise. :rotfl:

I don't know that it would help you much because you won't be able to do anything while you are at her house so you would end up losing out on a lot of stuff yourself. :(

MamaO
11-29-2007, 02:27 AM
There's no telling on the Super Certificates. I ordered one for myself earlier today and still haven't gotten it. They used to be almost instant. But apparently the company turned itself upside down over the last week. Started charging 3.95 for each certificate instead of .95. Cindy was on the phone with their customer service this afternoon.

I started to order a SuperCertificate this past weekend. My shipping charge for the amount I ordered was $4.45, though the Shipping section of their web site still indicated the .95 Their Cust Service was not there on the weekend so I asked in the Forum if anyone knew about this but didn't get any answer. On Monday, I noticed that their Shipping section had been changed, but I still don't get it. The charge of 2.95 - 4.45 says it's for a physical SuperCertificate. The email SuperCertificate, which is what I tried to order, says it's a $1.00 fee.

jnorth1007
11-29-2007, 09:08 AM
This is one of those companies that is having some "communication" issues right now and the head doesn't know what the hand is doing. I think they are trying to work this thing out with the shipping fee. I would call them to see what the fee actually is for an emailed certificate before I cashed out for anything and if the website isn't saying the same thing I would wait until it does.

sunshinecindy
11-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Ok...to address 2 issues here.

First off, the 45 day rule for cashing out will be built right into the system, so theres no way around it. IF a member has been here less then 45 days, it won't even let her, so theres nothing we can do about that.

Giftcerts.com...they are idiots. They changed their website last tuesday to reflect the increase, its 1.00 plus 2.95 for emailable certs, even though there shipping policy now called digital shipping) does not say that in their FAQ section. The employees were just given a sheet yesterday as to the new charges, they basically werent' informed, and then the calls started coming in. They claim that they have lost a lot of money on certs, people saying they didn't get them, and they had to re Fedex the new ones out and that was expensive. We all know thats bull because at least 25% of their certs never even get cashed in AND they get money off on the ones that people cash out for. I filed a claim agains them citing internet fraud. You can't show your fees as one thing and charge another. I doubt anything will happen, but it was fun.

jnorth1007
11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
:rotfl: We are so alike Cindy. I instantly felt better once I hit the send button on the claim I made against that "OTHER" company the other day LOL. Who needs mugs when you can get revenge.

Mandi
11-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't know that it would help you much because you won't be able to do anything while you are at her house so you would end up losing out on a lot of stuff yourself. :(

Yeah I know. I'm not even sure if it's worth it. Maybe I'll just let her watch me do it and she can decide if it's something she thinks she can (and wants) to do herself. I can get her saving for us for our next trip that way. :rotfl: Thanks for your response!

m 'n c
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah I know. I'm not even sure if it's worth it. Maybe I'll just let her watch me do it and she can decide if it's something she thinks she can (and wants) to do herself. I can get her saving for us for our next trip that way. :rotfl: Thanks for your response!

Just make sure you do not sign on at her house at all if there is any chance that she is going to want to do this at some point. Once your account has her IP attached to it she cannot sign up.

Mandi
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Just make sure you do not sign on at her house at all if there is any chance that she is going to want to do this at some point. Once your account has her IP attached to it she cannot sign up.

Well crud. I forgot about that. Oh well. I guess I'll just keep up on my account there and not get her to sign up.