PDA

View Full Version : Button Design Contest

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Looking for a way to earn a great prize? Are you creative and enjoy graphics? Sunshine Rewards is looking for a new button design. If you are the winner, you will claim $50!

Here are the rules:

Button designs must be your original work and may use the Sunshine Rewards logo but do not have to use it.

Designs should not violate any copyrights.

Designs can use any number of colors.

Submissions become the property of Sunshine Rewards and can be used by

Sunshine Rewards for advertising purposes.

Submissions are due by midnight June 15, 2007.

Members will vote on their favorite design from the time that the submissions
are posted on the site through midnight on June 24, 2007.

The first place vote getter will receive $50 in the form of any gift card or certificate listed on Sunshine Rewards or a $50.00 Paypal deposit.

Sunshine Rewards reserves the right to award multiple prizes for any buttons that it decides to use for advertising purposes in addition to the prize for the first place finisher.

Visit http://www.sunshinerewards.com/buttoncontest.php for more information. And feel free to post here with any additional questions or clarifications that you have.

JillyFish
05-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Tricia,
Can you be more specific about a couple things? Like, what is considered "original work"? Can we use clip-art? Also, any info you can share about Disney copyright would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch! :)

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Tricia,
Can you be more specific about a couple things? Like, what is considered "original work"? Can we use clip-art? Also, any info you can share about Disney copyright would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch! :)

You can use any clipart that doesn't say that it is copyrighted not to be reused. It kind of depends where you pull it from. Most sites should expressly say it.

Disney is a little bit tricky. I've actually been looking around at a lot of other sites that refer to Disney to see how much and how little they use Disney terms and likenesses. It seems like you can use "magic" anywhere and be safe. And Mickey ears seem to be fine. Using true pictures of characters and making it appear that SR is affiliate with Disney is more problematic. But I think that a lot of the things in your signatures (like "helped me get to Disney" "got my Disney Dollars from SR", etc) are fine.

I am sure that is clear as mud!!

Lori Mouse
05-29-2007, 04:05 PM
This sounds fun! Is there a specific size that you are looking for?

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Whatever will fit best on a button. I can always size it up and down a little. But I'm thinking most people would want to wear the 2.25'' buttons. You can always test out your designs at cafepress.com.

JillyFish
05-29-2007, 04:34 PM
You can use any clipart that doesn't say that it is copyrighted not to be reused. It kind of depends where you pull it from. Most sites should expressly say it.

Disney is a little bit tricky. I've actually been looking around at a lot of other sites that refer to Disney to see how much and how little they use Disney terms and likenesses. It seems like you can use "magic" anywhere and be safe. And Mickey ears seem to be fine. Using true pictures of characters and making it appear that SR is affiliate with Disney is more problematic. But I think that a lot of the things in your signatures (like "helped me get to Disney" "got my Disney Dollars from SR", etc) are fine.

I am sure that is clear as mud!!

Thanks! That helps!

jnorth1007
05-29-2007, 05:07 PM
These would be buttons we could add to our DIS or TourguideMike buttons or in some cases replace them with so that we can recognize each other in the parks. I would think that with this in mind the largest most prominent portion of the button should be something Sunshiny (new word LOL) so that we know that the person is a SR member and we can go say HELLO! Maybe use our rewards Gift Cards to buy each other a Mickey Bar or something. I can't wait until we can walk around the parks and see our buttons with all of the rest of them! YAY! Im so not talented so I won't be creating I just wanted to put my .02 in (now give em back cause I need em for my account balance :rotfl: ) Good Luck guys.

sunshinemckenzie
05-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Wahoo....Looking forward to the fun!!!

Belle
05-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I assume there is a limit of one entry/person. Sorry if that has already been addressed somewhere else.

kimntrent
05-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Do we have any colors? Anything that represents us besides the sun?

Kim
________
Eleanor (1973 ford mustang) (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Eleanor_(1973_Ford_Mustang))

Anna
05-30-2007, 02:32 AM
How/where do we submit our design? Are we limited to one design? I want to submit mine before I leave for vacation. :)

SunshineGirl
05-30-2007, 07:28 AM
All good questions!!

1) One entry per person. I definitely need to update that.
2) No particular colors, but the site is definitely heavy on the yellow and navy blue. I'm okay with any colors really.
3) There is an email address on the official contest page. I don't want to post it here or it will get spammed. But you can click on the contest link and see the email address to send it to.

sunshinemckenzie
05-30-2007, 10:01 PM
one of each????...yea, I had a brainstorm after I submitted...I knew I would.

Pooh's Pal
06-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Well I did a small one & submitted it.......should we post pics here also??

JillyFish
06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Me having to ask this question probably means I shouldn't enter this contest, but I'll go ahead and show my computer ignorance anyways. :rotfl:

Does our design have to be entered in a desktop publishing software....or is there another way we can do it?

Forgive me, but beyond the internet and Word, I'm pretty computer illiterate. :blush:

lilianddomsmom
06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Me having to ask this question probably means I shouldn't enter this contest, but I'll go ahead and show my computer ignorance anyways. :rotfl:

Does our design have to be entered in a desktop publishing software....or is there another way we can do it?

Forgive me, but beyond the internet and Word, I'm pretty computer illiterate. :blush:

i'm wondering the same thing

SunshineGirl
06-13-2007, 09:47 AM
You can submit them however you know how to do them and I will do my best to get them formatted so that they can be printed. The best possible would be a .jpg or .gif. But I'll see what I can do with any others.

lilianddomsmom
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
thanks for the answer tricia. i really want to try the contest i'm just not that good when it comes to computers so i'm trying to figure it out as i go.

Pooh's Pal
06-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Can't wait to see some of the designs that have been submitted!!

Submissions are due by midnight June 15, 2007.
Members will vote on their favorite design from the time that the submissions
are posted on the site through midnight on June 24, 2007.

sunshinemckenzie
06-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Can't wait to see some of the designs that have been submitted!!

I'm the same as you and I'm looking forward to wearing mine and meeting fellow sunshiners on my upcoming trip!

Hedy
06-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm the same as you and I'm looking forward to wearing mine and meeting fellow sunshiners on my upcoming trip!

Seconded! :sunshine:

JillyFish
06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
When will the voting start Tricia? I can't wait to see everyone's creative designs!

LuvMyBoys
06-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Bumping b/c I can't wait to know either!! :)

Patience is not my middle name! :angel:

JillyFish
06-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Bumping b/c I can't wait to know either!! :)

Patience is not my middle name! :angel:

I'm right there with 'ya!! I'll bump it up yet again and maybe Tricia will nitice! :D

kimntrent
06-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I will bump it too. I am anxious to see too.
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Pooh's Pal
06-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I'll give it another bump...but I'm thinking with all the "changes" going on...maybe SRgirl can't do the contest now, just maybe?

SunshineGirl
06-19-2007, 08:20 AM
And the voting is up!!

Anna
06-19-2007, 08:38 AM
And the voting is up!!

Wow...some really neat buttons... I had a hard time choosing one! :sunshine2:

Great work everyone!