PDA

View Full Version : Today's SR e-mail and Pinecone

catnapfan
11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Today's e-mail included a link to join Pinecone Research. I was wondering if this is only for SR members or if I could forward it to a friend who doesn't belong to SR. I am already a member of Pinecone and now my friend wants to join, but neither one of us has come across a banner for him to join. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

bs4free
11-29-2007, 05:48 PM
What is Pinecone Research and how does it work, if i may ask, i had never heard of it before...

Hedy
11-29-2007, 05:49 PM
What is Pinecone Research and how does it work, if i may ask, i had never heard of it before...

It's a survey company. They pay $3 a survey, it's pretty cool.

jnorth1007
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
I have actually always made $5 at least on each survey. I have made about $15 in the last six months though because they don't send out that frequent invitations to complete surveys. It is easy money but not something that is going to make you a fortune initially.

Hedy
11-29-2007, 06:04 PM
I have actually always made $5 at least on each survey. I have made about $15 in the last six months though because they don't send out that frequent invitations to complete surveys. It is easy money but not something that is going to make you a fortune initially.

I think they dropped it to $3 for new people.

Bryan, they were looking for guys in your age bracket earlier this year, so I'd sign up if I were you.

Riyaa
11-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed to learn they had dropped it to $3. I had been a member before we moved to Hawaii, but they don't ship to Hawaii, so I never got to participate and they eventually dropped me. I recently was able to sign back up and saw the drop in pay. I have been getting more surveys than I did way back when, though! And, I love that they will send it to my PayPal instead of having to wait for a check to come in the mail.

Oh, and you also get to try out free samples from time to time. They send you a product to try, you try it for a week and fill out a second survey and get paid for it, too! I recently had a product and got $6 total for trying it out.

MKelley226
11-29-2007, 06:45 PM
They are my favorite survery company. The surveys are usually quick and easy. I get a survey every couple of weeks. I signed up way back then and get $5/survey. They deposit right into my paypal accout too a day or two after I complete surveys too.

m 'n c
11-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Today's e-mail included a link to join Pinecone Research. I was wondering if this is only for SR members or if I could forward it to a friend who doesn't belong to SR. I am already a member of Pinecone and now my friend wants to join, but neither one of us has come across a banner for him to join. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

I am not sure how it tracks -> ie is it a deal b/n SR and Pinecone to get new members or if its a public thing. I'd see if Tricia responds and then forward to your friend if she says its ok.

I think the $3 a survey is fairly recent. For a while they were at $2 a survey and no one was doing them so they went up a $1 for the new members. Not sure if they will ever go back to $5 or not but I'd go a head and sign up now since it doesn't come up very often.

susanowen27
11-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I did not get that email. I want to join - will it get posted on the sight somewhere?

Hedy
11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I did not get that email. I want to join - will it get posted on the sight somewhere?

I don't think it can be incentivized, which is why Tricia put it in an e-mail.

m 'n c
11-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Since it was not a paid email it probably will not get posted in the paid emails link on the SR site.

I am not sure which email provider you use but you might want to add SR to your address book so that you do not miss any more emails from them. If you use Yahoo you might want to consider switching emails for your main SR account.

spring
11-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I clicked through the link and filled out the page to see if I could join. According to the site, it will let me know in a few days via e-mail if I have been chosen to be a participant. I'm kind of hoping so, but I'll have to see. Sometimes being older can be an advantage, but not always.

HollyD
11-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I've been doing Pinecone for a couple of years and am at the 5.00 rate. I elected to keep getting checks and I just counted the stubs for this year and I'm at 260.00 with 2 surveys sitting in my email box waiting to get done this evening. It is a good company to do surveys for.

SunshineGirl
11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
You can absolutely forward it to a friend. I have the link in my blog as well for those who missed it.

http://www.helpingmomsconnect.com/blogs

catnapfan
11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
You can absolutely forward it to a friend. I have the link in my blog as well for those who missed it.

Thanks Tricia- you're the best! My friend and I were just talking about Pinecone yesterday and how hard it is to find a link to join, then today you come from out of the blue and solve the problem. It's like you can read my mind! :)

ItsmeSunnyV
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I:heart:PineCone!! I've gotten quite a bit of surveys through them. Not too long ago, it had my son and I take one on one of his fave drinks, not gonna say which, but like a week or two later, he got two full size boxes to try out, and he was SOOOO excited. lol and then of course we got a follow up survey.:cooldance: Love them!

tghamilton
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Thank you Tricia! I just signed up - hopefully I will qualify! You are the best!

Tricia

SunshineGirl
11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
It's like you can read my mind! :)
Ah....if only I could figure out how to do that with SunshineGuy. LOL!

aknight373
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
i already belong to pinecone, i do get about 6 surveys a month and sometimes you get a little suprise from them.

askomsky
11-29-2007, 10:55 PM
I've been a membe for 3 yrs and average about one a month and it's always been $5 for me. I still opt for the check though to be mailed to me.

APril

SunshineGirl
11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I just got word that they are going to be closing this very soon. Probably today. So get in now if you want to get in.

keishashadow
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
i've been doing pinecone since late April/early May @ $5/survey:)

would've had more, recently found the surveys have been filtered into my bulk mail folder:(

still, have made close to $100, more money for the mouse:cooldance:

Iteach
12-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I have been waiting to sign up for Pinecone and did through the email. Thanks SR!

coastalgirl
12-01-2007, 01:06 AM
I love Pinecone. I have been doing it for about a year and was able to get in at the $5 rate. It is really cool to get some of the things in the mail. My UPS guy thoughtI was nuts! :rotfl: But once I explained it to him he kinda got. So I am gonna foward this on to him and his wife! Thanks Tricia!!

dreamer13079
12-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I love Pinecone Research!! It is always nice to get their $5 checks every now and then and their surveys are good. They are not too long and I really like testing out the new products. Very cool company!

Anna
12-02-2007, 01:53 AM
I applied a couple of days ago. Hope I am accepted!:)

ameraumi
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I applied a few months ago, was accepted and then found out I do not qualify because my DH works in consumer goods. :( I was so bummed!

spring
12-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Has anyone who just applied gotten an e-mail from Pinecone yet? I'm still waiting.:(

Kycha
12-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Has anyone who just applied gotten an e-mail from Pinecone yet? I'm still waiting.:(

I know when I signed up back in April, it took over a week to get the welcome e-mail. And then it took over a week to get my first survey. Good luck!

disney_girl
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I can't remember how long ago it was that I joined, but I do remember it taking at least a week to get the confirmation- so don't give up hope just yet! Also, sometimes you'll probably go through dry spells where you don't get any surveys, then they will pick up again. I'm sure it all depends on your demographics vs what is available. I didn't seem to get any for awhile and now I've had 4 in the last month. I got in when it was $5 a survey, but even at $3 a survey it's great. The surveys are usually pretty short and you get to test some new products! Good luck to all!

spring
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Yay! I got my official notification from Pinecone Research tonight, complete with ID and Pin #. I guess I'm in. Can't wait for my first survey!:sunshine:

bambi5826
12-09-2007, 09:37 PM
i got my confirmation from them yesterday! anyone else?

how long does it take them to send a check?

aknight373
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I signed up my mother in law when this first came up and she already got two checks from them woohoo

Iteach
12-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I got my confirmation the other day, but no surveys yet. I have heard from others who belong that their checks are sent quickly.

PSL1013
12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I've been doing Pinecone for a few years now and recently changed the way I receive payment, it gets deposited directly into my paypal account, might be an option to check out, makes it really convenient for me. When I was receiving checks in the mail, they did came really quick though. I wish they would send me more surveys but I don't seem to be getting as many as when I first joined. :confused:

SunshineGirl
01-23-2008, 03:48 PM
I know we don't have TOO many people in this age bracket, but it looks like Pinecone is temporarily looking for 18-24 year olds:

http://partners.pantheranetwork.com/42/1250/5411 (http://partners.pantheranetwork.com/z/5411/CD1250/)

lanny76
01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I also was accepted into Pinecone, and already got my first check from them - it was quick! Also got a nice product to try out and evaluate. So far it seems to be going well with them for me.

OhMari
01-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I got accepted to Pinecone, but no survey's yet.

luvdisney00
01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I love doing surveys for Pinecone. I get the $5 rate, and even though I don't get a lot of surveys, I've made $65 since joining in May. Ive gotten a few new products to try too which is always fun. If you try the product, they send a follow up survey and you get paid again for that one. If anyone hasn't signed up, you should try it.

jfrog
01-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I got accepted with Pinecone too-but no surveys yet--I can think like an 18-24 yr old....really-- if I try reallly hard...LOL!!:rotfl:

tghamilton
01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
How often do they send surveys? I was accepted and have done one survey but haven't heard anything from them since then. Well, except for the New Year email to remind everyone of their policies. Just wondering if it is really that rare that you get surveys.

Kycha
01-24-2008, 12:06 AM
I have been with Pinecone since May as well. Since the first of the year they have sent me 7 household surveys(these are short surveys that they send out to see if you qualify for the longer, real survey). And out of those 7, I have only qualified for 1 real survey.

Just like Greenfield, you have to fit a certain demographic to get to the first step(household survey). Then by the answers you give on the household question, will determine if you get the longer, real survey. What they are looking for(as far as the demographics are concerned) changes all the time. There was a period of 2+ months last summer where I didn't get any surveys, not even the household ones. Then, suddenly I was getting surveys again.

Obviously right now, they are looking for 18-24 year olds. But, that doesn't mean they don't want the rest of us. I am a 39 year old, married, with no kids and working full time. I have made $100 since May. Some people make a lot more, some a lot less. I must fit some demographic that they want. Cause they keep sending me surveys.

spring
01-24-2008, 06:57 AM
I have gotten, and finished, two surveys since I joined Pinecone a couple of months ago. I get $3.00, and got my first check last week. Not a lot, but still, it's $3.00 more than I had before.:sunshine:

3dog2kidmom
01-26-2008, 07:55 PM
How often do they send surveys? I was accepted and have done one survey but haven't heard anything from them since then. Well, except for the New Year email to remind everyone of their policies. Just wondering if it is really that rare that you get surveys.

I usually get about 1 Pinecone survey a month. Last month I got one about a product, got paid $5. Then they sent me that product to try and answer some questions and got another $5. They then asked me to return something and paid me yet another $5. Great deal! I just got another today so guess that is my January one.

Anna
01-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Good question. I am wondering the same thing. I have only gotten the one survey, the $3 check, and the New Year email. :confused:

Anna
01-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I have been with Pinecone since May as well. Since the first of the year they have sent me 7 household surveys(these are short surveys that they send out to see if you qualify for the longer, real survey). And out of those 7, I have only qualified for 1 real survey.

Just like Greenfield, you have to fit a certain demographic to get to the first step(household survey). Then by the answers you give on the household question, will determine if you get the longer, real survey. What they are looking for(as far as the demographics are concerned) changes all the time. There was a period of 2+ months last summer where I didn't get any surveys, not even the household ones. Then, suddenly I was getting surveys again.

Obviously right now, they are looking for 18-24 year olds. But, that doesn't mean they don't want the rest of us. I am a 39 year old, married, with no kids and working full time. I have made $100 since May. Some people make a lot more, some a lot less. I must fit some demographic that they want. Cause they keep sending me surveys.

Are all their surveys via email Kycha?

"I usually get about 1 Pinecone survey a month. Last month I got one about a product, got paid $5. Then they sent me that product to try and answer some questions and got another $5. They then asked me to return something and paid me yet another $5. Great deal! I just got another today so guess that is my January one."

Now, that would be AWESOME!!!

Kycha
01-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Are all their surveys via email Kycha?

Yes, they have all been via email. Are you getting the household surveys at least?

Pinecone has a lot of clients and they are all looking for different demographics. So, what they are looking for now may be completely different next month. Personally, if it has been awhile since I've received a survey(more than 2 months), I would e-mail Pinecone to see if there is a problem. You want to make sure you aren't missing any of their surveys(household or others). Definitely make sure to check your spam/bulk folder. Member participation is crucial. And they have been know to remove members if they don't participate to their satisfaction.

askomsky
01-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Yes, they have all been via email. Are you getting the household surveys at least?

Pinecone has a lot of clients and they are all looking for different demographics. So, what they are looking for now may be completely different next month. Personally, if it has been awhile since I've received a survey(more than 2 months), I would e-mail Pinecone to see if there is a problem. You want to make sure you aren't missing any of their surveys(household or others). Definitely make sure to check your spam/bulk folder. Member participation is crucial. And they have been know to remove members if they don't participate to their satisfaction.

I've been doing pinecone for 4 yrs now and a lot of it is just hit or miss. I got a survey 2 days ago that was actual questions that I'll get my $5 paid for.
But it's been 2 months since I had one and over a year since I actually had a product to try out. I probably did 10 last year basedon the demographics and I ALWAYS make sure to answer the household questions. I should probably log into my acct and make sure that my stuff it updated correctly.

spring
01-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I just received my $3 check for my 2nd completed survey from Pinecone. I am a fairly new member, and my surveys were about 3-4 weeks apart. I just got lucky to fit their demographics X2 (maybe because I'm old?) :)