PDA

View Full Version : Stamps.com

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 03:49 PM
I had pulled Stamps.com down for awhile because we were not getting credits very well. Our advertiser made some changes, and it looks to be converting better. So I put it back up again and increased it to 14.00. Be advised of these things if you want to try it--you must sign up for it and download the software on the SAME computer. You should NOT use AOL in any way. And you must not have ever done Stamps.com before at the same household address, IP address, or email address.

That said, I really like Stamps.com. I've been using it for about 18 months now and use it for all of the SR mailing. It's pretty handy and you get some good freebies for signing up.

wilsonfamily4
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
You talked me into it. I had been thinking about doing this one for awhile but I wasn't sure. I usually just use USPS.com to buy postage but I may just as well try this too.

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 04:12 PM
One of the things that I like is that you get the little scale. I'm not sure if it comes automatically or if you have to send something back to get it. But it's good for weighing envelopes to see if I need more postage because I have added pictures to a card or too many gift certificates to an envelope. I also use the Outlook and Microsoft Word plugins so that I can create mail merges and then send them directly through Stamps.com.

The only thing that I do NOT like is that I can't run my Canadian postage through with the rest of my U.S. postage. Or at least I haven't figured that part out yet.

wilsonfamily4
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I should have asked since I know someone will, is this a day or two to credit or a week?

I wish I had signed up for this months ago. My husband is a CPA and I go to the post office (or USPS.com) quite a few times during that season. Now it is dead. Not sure I want to pay for it for 7 months until we are busy again, BUT I may just fall in love with it. Looks easy.

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
It says "real time" on their site, so I would expect to see them come in sometime today. And they will automatically post to our site. Even if I am not online when they come in, you should still see them. I'll post when I see the first one appear.

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 08:17 PM
The first lead just came through on this. Looks like stats are delayed by about four hours getting to me and one more hour before they get to you? Someone should have a credit appear in about 45 minutes.

jnorth1007
05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I just did it at about 10 minutes to 7:00 central time so I shouldn't expect to see this for about 5 hours right?

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Interesting question. That would be assuming that wilsonfamily4 is the one that just came in. I guess we'll see in 35 minutes!

wilsonfamily4
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
As of yet nothing. :) I am crossing my fingers

I am getting worried as I didn't clear cookies before doing this offer. I am hoping that won't hurt me. :(

jnorth1007
05-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I just got credit for it. Did you download the software program and then run it and sign in?

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 09:13 PM
As of yet nothing. :) I am crossing my fingers

I am getting worried as I didn't clear cookies before doing this offer. I am hoping that won't hurt me. :(

It really should only be a problem if you had clicked on the Stamps.com offer on any other sites. And in that case, you would still get credit through that site.

The good news on this one is that almost every time I send this particular advertiser confirmation emails, he is able to get the credits for me within a week. I use about 40 different advertisers, and roughly 17% of my revenue goes through him because he is so good about processing non-credits.

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I just got credit for it. Did you download the software program and then run it and sign in?

And don't clear cookies before you do that! You want the initial click cookie still on your computer after you run it.

jnorth1007
05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Right. I only clear my cookies first thing in the morning before I start doing any offers. This way it gives it time for the offers I did the day before to post and it clears them for me to do the offers for the next day. I haven't had any problems since then except with offers that they track by IRL or whatever. There are about 5-6 of those that I just can't get to credit for anything. This one should have credited for you if you downloaded the program and then signed in to it.

wilsonfamily4
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM

yep, I logged in RIGHT afterwards and played around in it. It really is okay just a bummer, I mean I didn't spend anything. But I had been looking at this one for a long time thinking I shoulld try it. O, well. Hakuna Matata

I know not to clear cookies too soon. I didn't clear before or until hours later, when I thought shoot should have cleared it before I did the offer.

jnorth1007
05-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Hold on to that confirmation email so Tricia can get you some credits for it. She said they are good about paying so I wouldn't worry yet. If it doesn't credit in the 7 days submit a trouble ticket and Tricia will get it resolved if at all possible. Im sure you knew that already I just don't want you to be down about it. :sunshine2:

wilsonfamily4
05-29-2007, 09:54 PM
I have the confirmation email. I always save them, for months, longer then needed. :) But I wasn't sure I could do a trouble ticket for this as I didn't pay anything for it.

jnorth1007
05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
It really should only be a problem if you had clicked on the Stamps.com offer on any other sites. And in that case, you would still get credit through that site.

The good news on this one is that almost every time I send this particular advertiser confirmation emails, he is able to get the credits for me within a week. I use about 40 different advertisers, and roughly 17% of my revenue goes through him because he is so good about processing non-credits.

I added the bold. It looks like you can just paste your confirmation email into a trouble ticket just like you would normally and Tricia may be able to get you credit for this one. I would pursue it further because it is a 14.00 credit I think. Nothing to sneeze at and it should have paid.

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Yep. Jason got me 5 credits just a couple of weeks ago for ones that did not go through automatically.

wilsonfamily4
05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Okay, I will wait my 7 days and then put a trouble ticket. I know I have not looked at stamps at other RP for months, if ever. I have just been reading posts about others use of stamps. So I am pretty sure it didn't go through another reward site. I also don't do CC offers with anyone but SR as I am comfortable with you. So hopefully I can get this one to come through for me.

But if not I need to tell myself no big deal. REALLY

linanglab
05-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I tried to do this one, but it keeps saying I do not have a valid address. So this offer is NOT meant to be for me!

Angela

krg1968
05-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I did this last night and haven't gotten credit yet. But, it is a free offer, and I get $5 of postage to try it out, so not to worry.
I used this at work when I ran my dad's office, it was so convenient!
Thanks,
Kelly

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I used my first stamp off of this site today and it was really very easy. I don't think I use enough stamps to justify keeping it though. Is it a 15.XX a month service charge plus whatever amount of stamps you print? I sometimes keep a book of stamps for months. If I could just go in a pay for stamps even if I were charged a fee I would do it because I always lose my stamps or they change the rate while I still have some left. I just don't think it is worth it for 15.00 a month. Am I right about how this works?

lilianddomsmom
05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
on average about how long does this one take to credit?

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Mine didn't take long at all. Less than an hour I am sure. I know it is supposed to be "real time" so it shouldn't take long.

lilianddomsmom
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Mine didn't take long at all. Less than an hour I am sure. I know it is supposed to be "real time" so it shouldn't take long.

thanks for the info when i get credit for this one it will put me only .29 cents away from super member :sunshine:

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Yay!!! Congrats!

mom2dea
05-30-2007, 09:48 PM
This is an offer that Never credit for me last time and Sunshine girl was nice enough to give me half of the offer amount back sence I paid for 2 monthes of service from them ! This is a compan I will not suggest to Anyone ! THere customer service was even horiable with me .

Sarah

tweety129s
05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I signed up this morning and haven't received any credits yet.

SunshineGirl
05-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Dang. He told me that this one would credit better than the last one. I just can't figure out why it works perfectly fine for some people but not for others!

Kevenswife2
05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
I did this offer on 5/27 and haven't received credit yet either :(

nicholfamily5
05-31-2007, 12:02 PM
I too have not recieved this credit yet, and it's been over a week. Should I submit a ticket for it or wait? I have the confirmation and I've downloaded the software. But I haven't had a chance to actually use it yet.

jnorth1007
05-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Create a trouble ticket with the confirmation pasted in it and Tricia can submit these for credit if it has been more than 7 days. :sunshine2:

cglaura
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
And don't clear cookies before you do that! You want the initial click cookie still on your computer after you run it.

Ok, I had signed up for this on June 1, but had problems installing due to some Windows installer missing file thing. I did finally get that fixed, however I'm sure my cookies were cleared between initial sign up & installing and signing into verification of my program.

Should I just wait and see if it credits? I only just installed.

Thanks!

vtgirlie
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think I've gotten credit for it either yet. Is this one we can do a trouble ticket on? I did download right away and have been on it. It looks like a great service!

wilsonfamily4
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I put in a trouble ticket this morning. It now says it has been submitted to the vendor. I would love to get this one. I had looked at it for months and finally decided to do it. I did not clear cookies before doing the offer so I am a little afriad I may not get credit. I know I did not look at another site for this offer but what if I clicked it from an email or something? O, well. It was free but it was $14.00!!!

wilsonfamily4
06-10-2007, 09:52 PM
THANK YOU TRICIA
I did receive credit for stamps.com. I went away for the weekend and came back to the extra 14.00. So thankful.

mollyeilis
06-11-2007, 11:28 PM

Whimper. I signed up on my Mac, downloaded, then realized it was for Windows machines. Went over to my old PC, signed into SR, went thru the link, signed into stamps, downloaded....so, no old cookie on the computer.

Am I doomed? (doomed for both this and photostamps, I think)

wilsonfamily4
06-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I canceled this one today. I think we will try this one when mailing season comes though. I like it. We just don't do any mailing in the summer or fall. My husband is a CPA so we do a lot of mailings December-April. It is a really great program if someone is looking for this kind of thing.