PDA

View Full Version : Win a Cookie Surprise! (Ended)

SunshineGirl
11-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Everyone knows someone who could use something to brighten their day. Make that happen with a Cookie Surprise!

To Enter: Post in this thread someone who you think deserves a present from CookieSurprises.com. More importantly, post WHY they deserve one. You can check out the CookieSurprises.com site for inspiration.

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/shopping/CookieSurprises/

The contest will end at midnight Eastern on Wednesday (11-24). Between now and then, we have worked with Cookie Surprises to increase your cash back to 7%! Plus, they are currently running a free shipping offer on all purchases.

Take advantage of this great opportunity to make someone's day with a Cookie Surprise!

http://www.shareasale.com/image/cookie-surprises120x60v2.jpg

**I forgot to mention that CookieSurprises.com will be picking a winner and sending out the prize to the person nominated!

mellymel261
11-23-2010, 09:00 AM
A friend of mine is losing her home due to foreclosure, her husband was laid off, her son diagnosed with nuerological issues, she just tore a ligament in her knee and her younger son has some childhood disease in his heel. So I think she would be a great candidate for cookie surprise!

29apr00
11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
My nephew's football team is going to state this weekend and will be missing thanksgiving dinner! He needs a cookie suprise cause he is kinda bummed about it.

Hedy
11-23-2010, 10:09 AM
My BFF Lexie is facing Thanksgiving without her parents (as they have died), dealing w/inter-personal drama, and her apartment was broken into last week.

bajam
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
My mom. She had to make the hard decision to put my grandmother into a nursing home this summer. Grandma knew it was the right decision at the time and agreed it was the only was to guarantee she was safe, but has now changed her mind and it's taking a toll on my mom.

memanana
11-23-2010, 10:45 AM
My parents who celebrated 64 years of marriage yesterday 6 children 13 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren

lkat
11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Well, I think I would love to send my neighbor across the street either the purple swirl flower cookie or the coffee/ tea cup cookie! She had several miscarriages over the past few years and now just finally had her first baby last month! :) Her son was in the NICU for a few weeks and came home recently. I think a nice cookie surprise in the mail with a cute message would be great for her to enjoy and take a little "me time" with all the new baby craziness! These cookies are such a cute idea!!!! :sunshine:

Hawleys
11-23-2010, 11:18 AM
My college roomie and longtime friend Gretchen is transitioning her father to hospice care for terminal leukemia. She is a warm, wonderful, kind and loving person who would appreciate some cookies smiles at this hard time.

sammielynn
11-23-2010, 11:40 AM
My best friend is having her 50th birthday in two weeks. That is a good cause for some cheering up or not!http://www.cookiesurprises.com/assets/images/overthehillballoons.jpg

mmm611
11-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I'd send one to my cousin. I'm sure he and his wife are still struggling with the loss of their son, who was stillborn. They had a rough few months between finding out there was a problem and the baby's passing. I think it would be great for them to share with their 2 year old daughter too.

~Kathie
11-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I would like to send one to Lisa (Blessing and Miracle). She is going to start a new chemo round and I can't go to Texas to hug her. Cookies are the next best thing. :)

nunzia56
11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
My daughter could really use a boost. She has two young kids, another on the way in what could become a tricky pregnancy because of a previous surgery. Her boyfriend is a nice guy but not as supportive or understanding as he could be. She is a hard working labor and delivery nurse, and the sole support of her kids, and always does has best to make their lives happy and healthy. She is also too giving to her friends and is currently suckered into babysitting 2 big rowdy dogs and a cat as well as her own two dogs. She juggles way too much in her young life and a nice surprise treat would make her month.

PSL1013
11-23-2010, 01:09 PM
My SIL and BIL lost their 23 yr. old son four days before Christmas in a horrible snowmobile accident 6 years ago and this is a terrible time of year for them, they just can't celebrate the holidays like they used to. I think they deserve a little sunshine sent their way!

http://www.cookiesurprises.com/assets/images/sunshinecookie_thumbnail.jpg

caitty13
11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I would like to get a cookie surprise for one of my co-workers. One of my co-workers purchased cookie dough from a fundraiser, she placed it in the refrigerator and someone stole it. Absolutely awful!!!

lswheatly
11-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I think my husband could use a cookie surprise. He is going to have surgery next week, his second in 3 months. Due to his injury/surgeries our income is not like it use to be and he is stressing out about the holidays.

dwkay8
11-23-2010, 01:44 PM
They don't specify if they ship to APO or not, but I would send one to my sister. This is the third holiday season she's is spending in the UK, far away from any family. She's a pediatrician, so she can't take lots of time off like most people can during the holidays to spend time with her husband and girls. Plus, can you imagine what it's like to celebrate Thanksgiving when no one else around you does?

http://www.cookiesurprises.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/optimized-coffeecookie.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

bbangel
11-23-2010, 02:03 PM
This was a tough call as there are so many people who could use or deserve one, but I would have to go with my Great Auntie Winnie. She has just turned 99 this month. After struggling to stay in her own home she finally had to move to a care facility this summer and is missing home terribly. She lives too far away from me for me to go cheer her up in person.

Second choice would be my best friend, who lives on the other side of the country, just to let her know how special she is!

secretmoney
11-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I would like to send one to Lisa (Blessing and Miracle). She is going to start a new chemo round and I can't go to Texas to hug her. Cookies are the next best thing. :)

I agree with Kathie, I would send it to Lisa. Good Luck with everything Lisa!

spring
11-23-2010, 04:51 PM
My son-in-law at the age of 35 has been struggling with a rare form of leukemia for almost a year now. When he was first diagnosed, he was pretty far gone. There is no specific treatment for it since it is such a rare form, but he is taking an experimental medication that seems to be helping. We feel grateful for this, but the side effects leave him totally exhausted all the time. Despite that, he is a loving husband and father.

He is also dealing with a Mother who is rapidly deteriorating from Alzheimers disease, sometimes not even recognizing people, often refusing her medications, and becoming more and more stubborn as the disease progresses.

If all of this is not enough, he adopted a young dog from a shelter who, although as sweet as pie around people, decided to attack the cat population residing in the household, even after 4 months, behavior training lessons and lots of gates to keep them separated. Just recently he had to make a really hard decision to find the dog a new cat-free home. He was really torn up as he was in love with this dog. (Yes, the dog found a brand new, hopefully "forever" home.)

I'm hoping if he wins, one of Cookie Surprises cookies will make him smile. I have purchased them several times before and they are always a big hit!

mom2rachel
11-23-2010, 05:22 PM
My husband. He has a very big career secision to make and isn't sure which way to go.

MdCaterer
11-23-2010, 07:46 PM

Lisa gets my vote! Chemo is a tough shot. I think she could use a big Sunshine Cookie to let her know she is not alone in her fight!http://www.cookiesurprises.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/sunshinecookie.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

fanofree
11-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I would send one to a very dear friend of mine. He is only in his late forties, but both of his parents died when he was in his thirties. He has brothers, but they are not close enough geographically for holiday gatherings. Every year around this time he gets "down." He misses the family get togethers that many of us take for granted. He misses the special relationship he had with his mother. I'd like him to know that someone is thinking about him.

OhMari
11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I think we should send some to your mom-Cindy-how cool to receive cookies and let her know we appreciated all the work she did and we miss her.

shmily1
11-23-2010, 10:42 PM
I would have to say my DH. He came home from Vietnam 40 years ago on Thanksgiving Day. Needless to say, Thanksgiving is a very emotional time for our house. We've got so much to be thankful for!!

Mom2aPrincess
11-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm not sure if they ship to APO addresses but if they do, the answer to this one is easy for me - my brother. He's 21 and been in the Army since he was 17. He still struggles with being away from family. While he's proud to serve his country, he has had great difficulty with his overseas assignments (first in Iraq, recently to Afghanistan). I would send him a gift just to let him know we were thinking of him and love him.

ShanPooh
11-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Lisa gets my vote! Chemo is a tough shot. I think she could use a big Sunshine Cookie to let her know she is not alone in her fight!http://www.cookiesurprises.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/sunshinecookie.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

Another vote for Lisa! I think a Cookie Surprise would be a good way for us to send some :heart: from all of us! :naturesun:

speechteachri
11-24-2010, 07:53 AM
My grandfather deserves a cookie surprise...He turned 93 this past August, and a month before that he lost his significant other down in Florida and was moved (pretty much against his will) back home to live with my cousin, his wife, and my uncle. He is doing so much better physically now, and his using his oxygen much less often, and has gained some much needed weight. He is much stronger now, so much so that when he came home he was on Hospice care, and now they have dropped him!:) He is a little depressed because he can't drive anymore and he is living way out away from most of the family, but he realizes he is better off here than he was in Florida where he didn't ever get to see any of the family.

Anyway, he is funny, because he always says he is not hungry, but then when mealtimes come he eats and eats! BUT no matter how much he eats, there is always room for sweets! He has always had a sweet tooth, and cookies in particular are his weakness...although in this case, they are helping to fatten him up and keep him healthy!! So, bring on the cookies!;)

fronisgl
11-24-2010, 09:51 AM
I'd give it to my grandmother who is 101 years old and in a nursing home. That would make her day or to my friend who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Arky
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd love for my friend Mary to get a special treat just for herself! Mary is always thinking about others. She has spoiled my family so many times. She brings the cutest gifts for my kids. She has bought really cool clothes for them at times. And everything she does is over the top. She has done so much for others and not been recognized. This time I'd love to send her the Pink Present Cookies.

MdCaterer
11-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Man, this is one depressing thread! I wish I had the money to send a cookie basket to all of these people! I guess we need to be thankful for all that we have.

Sending love and best wishes to everyone this Thanksgiving

Hawleys
11-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Too true, this thread is full of many deserving people.

I noticed that several people mentioned leukemia and that reminded me to make a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society at the Sunshine Rewards donation station. Sunshine Rewards will match our contributions up to $500 dollars until the end of November.

Let's turn this thread into a happy one and donate some cash in honor of all the people mentioned.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

~Kathie
11-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Did we pick a winner??

SunshineGirl
11-30-2010, 10:41 AM
I sent it off to Cookie Surprises and am waiting to hear back. :)

~Kathie
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I sent it off to Cookie Surprises and am waiting to hear back. :)

Thanks for the update!!

Blessing and Miracle
11-30-2010, 06:43 PM
:( I hadn't read this thread. You all are so wonderful for thinking of me. I'm already a winner as I have such terrific friends such as you all. And just think, we've never even met before. I love you guys. Thank you for even thinking of me! :heart:

I wish I could send a cookie surprise to everyone mentioned here. :hugs:

~Kathie
12-01-2010, 01:28 AM
:( I hadn't read this thread. You all are so wonderful for thinking of me. I'm already a winner as I have such terrific friends such as you all. And just think, we've never even met before. I love you guys. Thank you for even thinking of me! :heart:

We love you too!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

bbangel
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM

You are special so of course people think of you!
I thought of you when we had our first snowfall :)

SunshineGirl
12-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Our winner was chosen and has been contacted privately so that if the recipient happens to read our forum (we never know who does!), they will not know a Cookie Surprise is on the way. I'll post who it was once I know for sure it was delivered. :)

PSL1013
12-02-2010, 11:20 AM
It wasn't me! :cry: but congrats to the person who won, great gift..I'm sure the recipient will love it!

Blessing and Miracle
12-02-2010, 01:53 PM
You are special so of course people think of you!
I thought of you when we had our first snowfall :)

Ahh, thank you. You are special too. All of my SR friends are special. You all have helped me through quite a few rough days. :heart:

We actually watched our video over the Thanksgiving weekend of the BIG snow day we had last December. It was sooo fun to watch. The girls are praying for snow again. LOL. I think I better just keep the video handy. :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
12-06-2010, 11:46 PM
I just got the most amazing email. Anne, the owner of Cookie Surprises, was so touched by all of your stories that she would like to send a cookie out to EVERY person that was nominated!!!! The "winner"'s cookie has already been sent and will be arriving soon, but Anne just couldn't shake a feeling that she needed to do something for all of the other nominees as well.

It will take a few weeks for us to get all of the information compiled, but if you can get the name and address of the person that you nominated ready, one of our moderators will contact you soon to collect it.

I can't thank Anne enough for not only sponsoring this contest but coming back time and again to read the stories and making this awesome offer. If you have read the site, you know that Anne and her children run Cookie Surprises. No big business backing or corporate sponsorship. Just a mom staying at home with her kids and supporting her family with a business that they created themselves.

I think I'm going to cry!!!

secretmoney
12-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Wow! that is very generous. Thanks to Anne and congrats to all the winners!

speechteachri
12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Wow...that is awesome! Small, family run businesses are the best!!

sammielynn
12-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Simply Amazing. Sort of like our own Christmas miracle.

OhMari
12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I just got the most amazing email. Anne, the owner of Cookie Surprises, was so touched by all of your stories that she would like to send a cookie out to EVERY person that was nominated!!!! The "winner"'s cookie has already been sent and will be arriving soon, but Anne just couldn't shake a feeling that she needed to do something for all of the other nominees as well.

It will take a few weeks for us to get all of the information compiled, but if you can get the name and address of the person that you nominated ready, one of our moderators will contact you soon to collect it.

I can't thank Anne enough for not only sponsoring this contest but coming back time and again to read the stories and making this awesome offer. If you have read the site, you know that Anne and her children run Cookie Surprises. No big business backing or corporate sponsorship. Just a mom staying at home with her kids and supporting her family with a business that they created themselves.

Wow, Thank you to Anne.
I nominated your mom-Cindy-I'm sure you will give her your mom's address for me.

Hedy
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM

It's wrong that my first thought was "Maybe this will convert Lexie to the Sunshine REwards side," right?

ShanPooh
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
So incredibly nice!!! Thanks Anne! :thanks:

lkat
12-07-2010, 10:51 AM
How incredibly generous and kind! I can just imagine how touched and surprised all the recipients will be! Thank you Anne!

dwkay8
12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Oh, I'm tearing up! That is so incredibly generous of Anne and her family. I know we speak for everyone when we say Thank You!

mellymel261
12-07-2010, 04:57 PM
How wonderful, nice to know there are still very caring and generous people out there in this world!

spring
12-07-2010, 06:14 PM

To tell you the truth, I'm not totally shocked by this. I have ordered several times through this site, and I always get a personalized e-mail from Anne. She is such a generous and caring person. Thank you so much, Anne. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

fanofree
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
This is just too amazing! :love:

shmily1
12-07-2010, 11:48 PM
That is so sweet! I'm sure all the recipients will be so excited to receive the cookies and to know that someone thought enough of them to nominate them and another person chose to honor them with these great cookies!!

~Kathie
12-08-2010, 01:01 AM
To tell you the truth, I'm not totally shocked by this. I have ordered several times through this site, and I always get a personalized e-mail from Anne. She is such a generous and caring person. Thank you so much, Anne. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I also received a personalized email from Anne when I ordered. What a wonderful thing to do.

I nominated Lisa.......I know you have her address.

bbangel
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
What a generous heart :sunshine:

Blessing and Miracle
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Awww. That is so wonderful. After reading this thread I visited the site as I need something to send DD21 for her end of the semester encouragement. Hadn't placed the order yet but now I definitely will soon. What a wonderful person.

If only we had more people in the world like this! So wonderful!

fronisgl
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
That is so generous. I'll get my info to you. I'm also going to look at the site and probably place an order for my out of town friends.

MdCaterer
12-10-2010, 11:13 PM
That was a wonderful and generous thing that Anne did!! I just went and placed an order. I hope her generosity comes back to her over & over!
This site never ceases to amaze me with what it accomplishes!

I am thrilled that Lisa (Blessings & Miracle) got her cookie surprise and that it added a bright spot to her day!

PSL1013
12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
My SIL was one of the nominees and just called me to tell me that she received her Cookie Surprise today and she LOVED it, said it made her day!! Her cookie was a "puppy" cookie and she said it was huge and commented that this was a great gift to send to someone to cheer them up. This was such a generous thing that Anne did and I truly appreciate it. Thank you!

ETA: I just placed my first order with them, decided from my SIL rave reviews that my aunt needed a little cheering up this holiday season, it's the first major holiday since my uncle died, so I sent her a Santa Cookie!

fanofree
01-06-2011, 07:13 PM
My friend received his cookie last week. It was so cute ~ a smiley faced shortbread and the duck was a angel (halo and angel wings!) It could not have come at a better time as he had just received some bad news. So Double Thanks to Anne and Cookie Surprise!