PDA

View Full Version : Crossings book club?

speechteachri
05-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I have seen this listed as an offer in some of the surveys I have done. I migh consider it if it were available through SR. Hint hint, wink wink!:)

SunshineGirl
05-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Interesting. I will take a look.

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 10:17 PM
I love the book club offers because I read alot and I have fullfilled my commitments in all of my other book clubs so I am always looking for new ones to order from.

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
This is another one I saw mentioned on another site. I think it is through Stamps.com so Im not sure we could even get credit for both but apparently they have an offer for picture stamps. Where you can get sheets of stamps with any photo you want. I might do this one for the kids summer birthday invitations if we could get credit for it.

SunshineGirl
05-30-2007, 10:37 PM
This is another one I saw mentioned on another site. I think it is through Stamps.com so Im not sure we could even get credit for both but apparently they have an offer for picture stamps. Where you can get sheets of stamps with any photo you want. I might do this one for the kids summer birthday invitations if we could get credit for it.

Yep. I am already approved to run it through one place but just found another that is 1.25 more and applied for that one. If I can get the higher one, I will add that tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll grab the links for the lower one.

SunshineGirl
05-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Have you ever heard of this book club?

American Compass (http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1903651-10422089)

Or there is this one:

Mystery Guild (http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1903651-10422214)

SunshineGirl
05-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Have you ever heard of this book club?

American Compass (http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1903651-10422089)

Or there is this one:

Mystery Guild (http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1903651-10422214)

A little something for everyone:

One Spirit Book Club (http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-1903651-10422217)

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I think I like the Mystery One. I read alot of those authors anyway. The american one is very interesting but my husband would kill me if I armed myself with even more information for political discussion he doesn't want to have. :rotfl:

speechteachri
05-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks for looking into Crossings Tricia. Mostly when I have time to read I read Christian fiction, so that would be a good choice for me. Books are a big weakness of mine!!

You never had any luck with Christianbook.com as a shopping site did you?

SunshineGirl
05-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Christianbook.com has a program, but not the type that allows us to track individual purchases. It would only work for general websites that do not need any kind of tracking information. I'm hoping that they eventually decide to join one of the bigger affiliate program companies instead of running it in-house because then they could do the tracking.

It's very strange about Crossings. It looks like they are part of the exact same group that runs all of the other major ones (Zooba, Literary Guild, Children's Book of the Month, etc.), but they are not listed as one that I can send people to.

speechteachri
05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Christianbook.com has a program, but not the type that allows us to track individual purchases. It would only work for general websites that do not need any kind of tracking information. I'm hoping that they eventually decide to join one of the bigger affiliate program companies instead of running it in-house because then they could do the tracking.

It's very strange about Crossings. It looks like they are part of the exact same group that runs all of the other major ones (Zooba, Literary Guild, Children's Book of the Month, etc.), but they are not listed as one that I can send people to.

That's too bad, on both counts! Oh well.

krg1968
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
I belong to American Compass already, I like it, but there is only so much political writing I want to read. I have signed up for the other book clubs, except for the Romance, I am mainly a thriller/mystery fan these days.

maggiec
05-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Snapfish or Shutterfly sells the stamps. So you could shop through the shopping link and get a little credit there.

maggiec
05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm putting in a vote for Mystery Guild. They offer such a large selection of books and not just mysteries. I loved that they had a search engine to search by author or title. I am ready to order today! Those of you that have joined these book clubs, how long does it usually take to get the first shipment of books?

chocovrdmicears
05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
i joined the quality paperback book club last week and I got an email today that my books have shipped! :rotfl: :rotfl:

~Kathie
05-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I've belonged to Mystery Guild, Harelquin and Doubleday in the past. I now belong to Literary Guild and Zooba. I've had good luck with all of them.

I only read around 10 certain authors so Quality Books wouldn't work for me. I looked at their list and they didn't have any of my authors.

maggiec
06-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Kathie - I am like you, I get stuck on certain authors and have an addiction to reading all their books. Nicholas Sparks is a prime example. I used to have to buy his the day they came out. I also read all of Olivia Goldsmith's books, good trashy beach novels! Such a shame she died while getting plastic surgery.

SunshineGirl
06-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Kathie - I am like you, I get stuck on certain authors and have an addiction to reading all their books. Nicholas Sparks is a prime example. I used to have to buy his the day they came out. I also read all of Olivia Goldsmith's books, good trashy beach novels! Such a shame she died while getting plastic surgery.

I loved The Wedding! Are they all that good?

maggiec
06-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Tricia - that was actually one of my least favorites, although still very good. But yes if you love a good cry at the end romance novel. Have you seen the movie The Notebook? A rare case where I thought the movie was better than the book! My all time favorite is probably A Walk to Remember followed by the Rescue and A Bend in the Road. Be prepared for a good cry at some point in any of his books. My husband says I just want to ride the "emotional rollercoaster".

On our honeymoon I read Message in a Bottle. I sat on the balcony of our suite overlooking the beaches in Jamacia and cried for 13 straight pages. I mean sobbed. DH has never let me live that down. I think that was his first clue that I was crazy.

SunshineGirl
06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
I had watched the Notebook before I read The Wedding, so I didn't go back and read The Notebook.

I'm so excited. Now I have some books to add to my Zooba list!

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Good news! I just added Crossings.

jnorth1007
08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I just did it. I ordered a bunch of kids books because Callie was begging for books out of the church bookstore when we went on Sunday. I can't wait to give her all these new books.