PDA

View Full Version : 2012 points are out!

m4travels
11-25-2010, 11:23 AM
So, when will you be traveling in 2012?? It appears that the points have stayed the same for this year!

bbangel
11-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Hmmmm so many choices. I still need more points :rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
11-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh I will have to go check it out!!! We'll need 5-6 nights over Christmas and a night before &/or after our cruise in May.

Hmmmm so many choices. I still need more points :rotfl:

Me too, Megan. Me too! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
11-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Me, three!! I so badly want more points. But we should pay off the current ones first. LOL

PSL1013
11-25-2010, 09:31 PM
So, when will you be traveling in 2012?? It appears that the points have stayed the same for this year!

We either go May or October (used to be both until we started cruising more :blush:) not sure yet which month it will be for 2012.

dwkay8
11-26-2010, 06:13 PM
I wish we had plans for 2012. Normally I'm anxiously awaiting the release of point charts so I can find out what our next vacation will "cost." But all we've been doing lately is coming up with ideas, then throwing them out a few days later.

kristenrice
11-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Well, we are planning "The Big One" for 2012.

DH and I are DVC members with a meager 100 points. We've already used our 2010, 2011 and 2012 points with a trip to HHI planned in April 2011.

My parents, God bless them, have decided to take the ENTIRE FAMILY....14 people in all...on a weeklong Disney Vacation in 2012...and they are paying for everything:party:.

We already have a points transfer arranged (actually 2) so that we can get the points we need. We're paying cash for the weekend nights because it a lot cheaper. Our tentative dates are June 12-19 and we are definitely staying at OKW, my dad's favorite resort. Mom has prepared our "dining plan"...each adult gets $250 and each child gets $125 put on a gift card for each family. On top of that, they are going to pay for one group breakfast and one group dinner, possibly even a grand gathering event.

My parents took me and my younger brother and sister on four trips as children. The last one was in 1988 and that is the last time my siblings have been to WDW. Their spouses and children have never been there so this will be their first trip. What a way to go! Dad and I have a LOT of planning to do!

m4travels
11-28-2010, 09:38 PM
We booked the Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage on April 7 but there is a group of DVCers that are going on the March 22, 2012, 5-night Dream as a "reunion" cruise that we're thinking of joining. The only issue is that there are 10 days between the end of the Dream and the beginning of the Fantasy. 10 days of DVC could soak us pretty good, so...........

We'll probably skip the March cruise and do a 5 or 6 night stay after the cruise. LOTS of time to think about accomodations for that.

~Kathie
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm thinking Disney Hawaii in 2012. :D We've never been and would like to combine that with a cruise around the islands.

I need more points too.

3dog2kidmom
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking Disney Hawaii in 2012. :D We've never been and would like to combine that with a cruise around the islands.

Oh Kathie, that's my dream trip! Never gonna happen while I have to buy airfare for four though. Sigh...

~Kathie
11-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Oh Kathie, that's my dream trip! Never gonna happen while I have to buy airfare for four though. Sigh...

One of mine too. You'll get there. I wouldn't be able to go either if my kids still lived at home. We recently got an Southwest VISA and we charge everything for the house (groceries, gas etc) so we have been getting free flights left and right. We got it in May and have 4 free flights already. THAT helps a lot. That airline doesn't go to Hawaii but it goes to the west coast so that will help.

I was also looking at an Adventures by Disney trip to the Grand Canyon. That trip is also on my bucket list. May not do the Adventures by Disney....but will def go to the Grand Canyon.

PSL1013
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
One of mine too. You'll get there. I wouldn't be able to go either if my kids still lived at home. We recently got an Southwest VISA and we charge everything for the house (groceries, gas etc) so we have been getting free flights left and right. We got it in May and have 4 free flights already. THAT helps a lot. That airline doesn't go to Hawaii but it goes to the west coast so that will help.

I was also looking at an Adventures by Disney trip to the Grand Canyon. That trip is also on my bucket list. May not do the Adventures by Disney....but will def go to the Grand Canyon.

We went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago while we where in Vegas one year....took us about 4 hours to drive there and about 4 hours to drive back...totally worth the couple hours we were there :rotfl: it was the highlight of my life at the time, just amazing!!

m4travels
11-30-2010, 09:13 PM

No, no, no, NO, Shelly! You need to learn to look outside the box. Who says it needs to be anyone but you and Dave???? Kids? Kids??? KIDS????

This is where grandparents come in handy! And if the grandparents aren't available - for any varied number of reasons - ship them to Tricia and Kevin! I know I speak for Kevin when I say that they're always welcome!

Adios!
Miguelito

(Oh, I'm going to be in so much trouble......)

SunshineGirl
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
No, no, no, NO, Shelly! You need to learn to look outside the box. Who says it needs to be anyone but you and Dave???? Kids? Kids??? KIDS????

This is where grandparents come in handy! And if the grandparents aren't available - for any varied number of reasons - ship them to Tricia and Kevin! I know I speak for Kevin when I say that they're always welcome!

Adios!
Miguelito

HAAA!!!! Kevin probably wouldn't even notice if there were more kids in the house. He already thinks our two are loud enough for 10. He'd probably think ours were just even louder if we threw in a few more!

3dog2kidmom
12-01-2010, 09:28 AM

Adios!
Miguelito

I think they'd rather come visit you and Marc in Mexico, Miguelito :)

Alice28
12-16-2010, 01:39 AM
We are planning a Disney A'ulani trip for 2012. My parents own the DVC but are generous with me and my family. DH is retired military so we are thinking we will do a split stay- part A'ulani and part military cabins/hotel. I can't wait! When DH, the kids and I were in O'ahu last May, we drove by the A'ulani resort several times- it's going to be amazing. And for those who have never been to O'ahu- it's RIGHT near a Costco and Target, so you can easily stock up your DVC kitchen with goodies. It's about a half hour from Waikiki. :sunshine:

dwkay8
12-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Wow, that's pretty cool Robin! I'd love to go sometime, but it's a long day of flying from Indiana. I'm not sure when we'll ever make it out there, so I'll have to live vicariously through other people's photos. :D

Alice28
12-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Kayla- I hear you. I feel the same way about going to Europe. It's a lonngggg flight from Oregon. I want to, but am not sure it will ever be a reality. :rolleyes: