PDA

View Full Version : I got 2 awesome deals today!

Mandi
12-12-2007, 02:04 PM
I just had to share. I saw some of this on Dis so I can't take the credit for figuring it out myself.

I went through SR for restaurants.com. They are having 1/2 off right now. I needed a birthday gift for my SIL and she just moved to Lafayette, IN so I figured it'd be a nice gift so she could try out some new restaurants. I decided on the gc route through them b/c I wasn't sure which restuarants she'd like or had tried. A $50 gc is $20 there. Used code Stocking and got it for $10. :cooldance:

When you get your confirmation from them, a $20 Dale & Thomas gc code is included. Sooooo, you know where this is heading, right?

I clicked through SR for D&T. Put a 6 pack sampler in the cart and it offered me a 12 pack for the price of 6! So now I have 12 packs for $28 in my cart. So I have the $20 gc to them and also a free shipping code for my birthday from joining the pop club. So I got a 12 pack sampler for $8, shipped after gc and shipping code!! Woo! :cooldance: If you don't have a free shipping code, it'd be $15.95 I think for the 12 pack. Still an awesome deal!

So I got:

$50 gc at restaurant.com for $10, 7% back from SR
12 pack sampler ($55.95 shipped on average) for $8!!, 7% back from SR

Total out of pocket for $106 worth of stuff= $18. :cooldance:

It's been a good day! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
12-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Holy smokes! That is a fantastic deal!

disney_girl
12-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I tried the Restaraunts.com deal but there are NO good places near us :( .
When I ordered the sampler pack from D&T, it popped up with the 12 pk for $28 and I couldn't pass that up!! I had one of the $20 gift cards from before plus free shipping. So, I got a 6 pk and 12 pk for $36...not as great as your deal, but not too bad :) .

SunshineGirl
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Be sure that these Dale and Thomas are getting posted in the official contest thread to win a Taste of Sunshine!

wdwabby
12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
thanks for posting about the Dale & Thomas ... I didn't have free shipping, but I had a $5 credit from points in the Pop Club from my last order, so I got the 12 pack sampler for $10 shipped ... but I think that I won't get my SR credit for it because I had a extra window up trying to make sure I got the $5 pop club credit and think things got confuzzled ... so no SR credit for me and no entry in the contest for me I guess ...

at least it's still a good deal!

m 'n c
12-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks! I just got a gift card to try out this German place Mike and I have been talking about. $25 gc for $5!!!

m 'n c
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok I bit the bullet and am also trying Dale & Thomas. I got the 12 pack sampler and I'm so excited!!!

Mandi
12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm glad that other people are able to get in on some deals too. :cooldance:

nicnik
12-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks for sharing because you really jogged my memory! I made a restaurant.com purchase a little while ago & when I logged into my account this morning, that purchase was good enough for the Dale & Thomas gift code. I didn't expect that! So then I went to D&T to order the 6 flavor sampler (my first purchase there!) & it offered me the 12 flavor for the same price. After shipping & the code, that was only $16!

So here's my deal breakdown:
Face value: $25 at restaurant.com + 12 flavor sampler & shipping at $56 = $98
Out of Pocket: $5 to restaurant.com + $16 to D&T = $21

So thanks for reminding me to see what my "situation" was!!

speechteachri
12-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for this post!

I just got 2 Rest.com giftcards for gifts, and got the giftcard in the confirmation. So Of course I went to D&T and ordered the 12 pack with the giftcard. 15.95, which breaks down to $1.33 per bag....that's a steal!

Plus an entry into the contest!

What more could a girl want????:rotfl:

IckyMickey
12-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Mandi you're awesome!

I had been waiting for my $20 gift card to come, so I went into to Restaurant.com and although there wasn't anything I wanted, there was a restaurant for $3 and after the 50% off I got it for $1.50. That was enough to get me the $20 Dale & Thomas. Yeah!

I ordered the 6 pack and then took the 12 pack for $28 and then figured out that you could delete the 6 pack and still keep the 12 pack for the $28.

What a bargain! I sure hope it comes in time!

Thanks sooo much Mandi! :thanks:

Mandi
12-12-2007, 07:17 PM
You're so welcome! :sunshine: I love finding great deals and am always happy to pass the info along. You guys were the first people I thought of when I got that deal. I know how much people love D&T here. :)

ligrumpygirl
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I know I am tired but I can't get this to work. It says $35 for the 12 pack...and when I take out the 6 pack the price goes up. I don't necessarily NEED popcorn but I love a good deal!

IckyMickey
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I know I am tired but I can't get this to work. It says $35 for the 12 pack...and when I take out the 6 pack the price goes up. I don't necessarily NEED popcorn but I love a good deal!

I just went and tried to do it and it looks like they've already changed their promotion to 20% off 2. So you get the promotion if you buy 2, but I have a shipping code that expires tonight for free shipping if you buy 2 or more - code E121XS1T. The shipping code saves you $15.90 versus the 20% off.

Sorry!