PDA

View Full Version : Newegg

SunshineGirl
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
We have decided to stop paying cash back on Newegg purchases. In the past we received 1% from them and paid 1% back to you. And we had a number of trouble ticket issues. So basically we were operating at a loss for Newegg. But we were okay with that because people wanted to shop there.

Now they have switched to a new system where if we do not send them at least $50,000 a month in sales, we will only make .8% back on some purchases and we will make 0% on other purchases. It just isn't worth it for us to even try to deal with that.

So we are leaving them on the site and will post coupons and deals that we get for them. We might make a commission for some of the sale but it just isn't enough to even try to figure out how to split with the members. :(

sammielynn
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
That's sad, hope it's not the start of a trend.

SunshineGirl
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
That's sad, hope it's not the start of a trend.

We have a few other merchants that do similar things (like Quill and Walmart) but they tend to at least pay out 1% minimum. So we can keep them up at 1%. Newegg has always paid us very little and expected huge numbers from us, so it doesn't really surprise me.

m 'n c
12-06-2010, 12:33 PM
That's fine. I prefer buy.com and bestbuy.com for electronic purchases. I find that those places offer either a slightly lower price, lower shipping, or free in store pick up which just adds a little bonus.

fanofree
12-06-2010, 09:18 PM
I usually do Buy.com, but this time did a Newegg. Should I just write off any chance of credit for my Cyber Monday purchase? (Although we did spend a pile at Newegg last year when DD built a new super awesome computer from the ground up...)