PDA

View Full Version : OTX surveys

marcymajor
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
has anyone received credit for taking OTX surveys this past weekend as i haven't?

spring
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Yes, I've received credit on the hour for each survey I've taken, weekend or not.

mmm611
12-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I've completed two and received credit for one so far. I'm waiting for 8 to see if the second credits.

spring
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
That might still happen. One time I took it too close to the hour and I remember thinking I wasn't going to get credit - the hour came and went and...nothing. However, it did credit the next hour. Good luck!

marcymajor
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
the problem is that i took both of these surveys on the weekend (one on saturday and one sunday) and neither one of them credited at all yet the one i took on friday credited on friday. maybe it's me or else otx doesn't credit on the weekends or something but i sure would like the $1.40 for completing those 2 surveys.

disney_girl
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I know that if I take them 15-20 minutes before the hour, I have to wait until the next hour to see them credit. I know that doesn't help your situation though. Are you getting all the way to the page that thanks you for taking the surveys?

marcymajor
12-17-2007, 09:15 PM
yes i am and i still don't understand why i am not getting any credit for them. maybe otx doesn't recognize me or maybe it is something else. the bad part is that sr can't track surveys so if i don't get credit i am just totally out of luck and can't file a trouble ticket for it so bye bye survey money:cry:

mmm611
12-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I've done 3 and all have creditted so far. There's a similar issue with the SM surveys and I wonder if the solution for that might help you.

For the SM surveys, you have to clear cookies each day. If you don't do that, your cookies from Friday would mess up your chances of getting credit for subsequent days until cookies are cleared. Since I already know to do this daily before I even attempt a SM survey, the OTX daily cookies are deleted too. Maybe try clearing cookies and see if that does anything for you.

marcymajor
12-18-2007, 08:54 PM
mmm611 - i deleted all the cookies thru 12/17 and i tried to do a survey on otx but i could not qualify. what is really strange is that i did one on 12/12 and 12/14 and both of those credited without me having to delete my cookies so why should i need to delete them now.:computer:

mmm611
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Well in that case, I think I'm out of ideas. Sorry!

marcymajor
12-18-2007, 08:59 PM
thanks for trying - i really do appreciate it a lot. :clap: i'll just try again tomorrow morning and maybe i'll have better luck. keep your fingers crossed for me.

PSL1013
12-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I have always gotten credited for taking one of these surveys until today? I took one this morning and it never credited and I did complete it and it gave me the thankyou page? I have no idea why it didn't credit! :confused:

marcymajor
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
i'm sorry that you are having the same problem that i am - maybe we should alert a higher up at sr and tell them about the problems we are having getting credit for otx surveys. what do you think?:thumbsup:

annieollendorf
12-19-2007, 09:24 AM
I am having trouble qualifying for any of their surveys. I did get one the other day and it didn't credit. How many times have ya'll tried to quilaify for a suvey and get one, then it credits?

marcymajor
12-19-2007, 09:26 AM
i got credit for the ones i did on 12/12 and 12/14 but i did not get any credit for the ones i did from 12/15 thru 12/17 and yesterday i could not qualify for anything at all. it appears otx might be having the same problems as greenfield surveys. maybe we need some help.

m 'n c
12-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Guys- I think the OTX surveys are run through a 3rd party which means SR doesn't really have anyone they can complain to or get to fix them. If they see it being a problem for a large number of members they will just pull the offer entirely.

Weluvdisny
12-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I was doing really good with these surveys, I always got credit for them. Until last night. It was about cars and I got the "thank you" page like usual and it didn't credit on the hour so I thought it will the next hour....nope. I wonder if there is something up? I like to try these surveys 2nd because the it has a higher payout than the SM surveys.

mom2dea
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I have got credit everytime I did one till last night ! I did one on laundry soap and it went to the thank you page and everything . After I was done I cloes out and headed to bed and no credit this morning . I will try agian today if it does the same thing agian I would give up on them however if it credits I will just figure I win some and lose some .

Kycha
12-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I was doing really good with these surveys, I always got credit for them. Until last night. It was about cars and I got the "thank you" page like usual and it didn't credit on the hour so I thought it will the next hour....nope. I wonder if there is something up? I like to try these surveys 2nd because the it has a higher payout than the SM surveys.

I am pretty sure if your survey doesn't credit, you can try again. After the second hour past and you still didn't get credit, I would've taken another one. Same thing with the SM surveys.

bajam
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I actually have had good success with these once I realized you could only do one every 24 hours. I seem to qualify on my first try unlike some of the other ones. I do like seeing my account grow so quickly doing the 3 surveys per day. Thanks SR!

MamaO
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
I am having trouble qualifying for any of their surveys. I did get one the other day and it didn't credit. How many times have ya'll tried to quilaify for a suvey and get one, then it credits?

So am I - for whatever reason, OTX is almost always a problem for me. I almost never qualify the first time and then I get a message that I've exceeded my limit of attempts for the day and to try again tomorrow. I clear cookies, change email, and it still recognizes me and tells me to try again tomorrow. Just can't seem to figure OTX out.

SunshineGirl
12-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Right now we are getting these through a third party. I contacted OTX to see if we could start working with them directly. If we can, I should be able to get better information about how it all works.

mollyeilis
12-20-2007, 08:21 PM
First OTX survey I did through SR, and it credited on the hour! Yay!

spring
12-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Honestly, overall I've had good luck with this offer. I have taken them all but one day since they have been offered, and the only day they didn't credit was 12/17. I do have to do it several times to qualify, but with the regular daily survey at .80, the SM credit of .60 and the OTX at .70, I'm doing quite well. I've done most of the other free offers, so if it weren't for all the surveys, I wouldn't be getting in hardly any credits at all.:sunshine:

marcymajor
12-20-2007, 08:55 PM
since 12/12 i have taken 7 otx surveys and only 3 of them have credited even though i get the thank you page - pretty bad odds if you ask me and i don't have any idea why 4 out of the 7 aren't crediting. it doesn't really seem worth the time and effort one puts in for doing surveys for it not to credit the 70 cents and at times it really makes me quite mad and all i want to do is pitch my computer out the window.ugh.:computer:

cglaura
12-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Honestly, overall I've had good luck with this offer. I have taken them all but one day since they have been offered, and the only day they didn't credit was 12/17. I do have to do it several times to qualify, but with the regular daily survey at .80, the SM credit of .60 and the OTX at .70, I'm doing quite well. I've done most of the other free offers, so if it weren't for all the surveys, I wouldn't be getting in hardly any credits at all.:sunshine:

I agree, I've received credit for them all but one day, and that was because of the 24 hour thing it got too late / I went to sleep early. They definitely seem to be strict on the 24 hours passing though. I have to get out of this 11pm loop!! But I've always received credit after getting the thank you. Ditto w/ the regulary daily & the SM survey, this really helps my balance to steadily increase. :thanks:

m 'n c
12-21-2007, 08:56 AM

I agree. This has been my experience as well. As long as I stay on top of clearing cookies and going through SR links I get credit. One time I did not for the SM survey and it was because I hadn't cleared cookies.

tommygirl79
12-21-2007, 09:43 AM

This is me too!!! We are already planning a trip for December 08 with our whole family and I want to have as much SR money as possible. I figure even if I can only do all three of these 15 days of the month at $2.10 a day (which I'm sure I can average at least that many days), I should have $378.00 JUST FOR SURVEYS in the next year. And, that's not including the month end bonuses for doing them. So, I'm personally hoping that all of these continue to be available....That's some nice shopping at Disney!!!

Up until this month, I hadn't really "seen the light" with the surveys and how much money they could generate...but i'm a believer now...

annieollendorf
12-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I am glad some of you are having good luck with OTX. It has been hit and miss with me. I did qualify the other day, completed a survey and recieved credit. Last night I qualified again, completed a long survey and didn't recieve credit. It just gets frustrating. I will continue to try though.

April

3dog2kidmom
12-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Let me ask a question on these OTX ones... since these obviously track through user id or IP address because clearing cookies does not help you get by the 24-hour rule, when you don't qualify after going through the SR link and it asks you if you want to try again, can you just click on "try another survey"? Thought I'd try this since after I get tossed a time or two I always seem to get the "sorry, you are trying too soon" or something like that message. Does that make sense?

Well I just tried it and got a survey so we'll see in about 50 minutes if that does indeed work.

askomsky
12-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Let me ask a question on these OTX ones... since these obviously track through user id or IP address because clearing cookies does not help you get by the 24-hour rule, when you don't qualify after going through the SR link and it asks you if you want to try again, can you just click on "try another survey"? Thought I'd try this since after I get tossed a time or two I always seem to get the "sorry, you are trying too soon" or something like that message. Does that make sense?

Well I just tried it and got a survey so we'll see in about 50 minutes if that does indeed work.

Yes they've worked for me! I usually have to go through 2-3 before I qualify for one.
I've been bad about trying toget all 3 survey's in a day. Yesterday I just got my .80 one in. Now here I am 9pm at night just finished my OTX, when I should have done it earlier since I skipped yesterday! lol They are strict with the 24 hr rule.
They have been crediting for me every time I do one, as long as I get the thank you page so I can't complain.