PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old niece - what is popular for Christmas this year?

m 'n c
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I need gift ideas for 3 year old boys and a 10 year old niece. What is popular this year? Mainly the 10 year old is causing me to draw a blank.

SunshineGirl
12-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Jillian is 10 and she asked for:

Wizards of Waverly Place Stuff (DS game, clothes, books)
Movies (Despicable Me, Another Cinderella Story)
39 Clues Books
Radio Disney CDs
Harry Potter Calendar
Clothes from Justice
iTunes gift card

I'll see what else I can remember

gpp2001
12-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Books are always good or a board game - my 11 year old really likes Apples to Apples and Clue. She's asking for a lot of video games.

I'll be buying her a multi-pack of Shower gels - she likes the different flavors. Also - house socks (slippers socks) the kind that are puffy that you can't wear with shoes. HTH.

SunshineGirl
12-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I can only say here what was on Jillian's list and not the things that I bought her off the list because she has been reading SR a lot lately. But suffice to say that I agree with the last post on those ideas. :)

chipndale
12-13-2010, 10:31 AM
My DD is 9 and she likes The Wizards of Waverly Place and any Disney movie. She also wants gift cards - Aeropostale, Justice, iTunes, Gap, and Panera. Her list is really interesting after that because she wants an iPad, iPhone, a laptop computer, and an iTouch. She thinks that she should get it all. :rotfl:
I would say the slipper socks would be good. Does she have a favorite sports team? My DD also asked that we get her tickets to see a womens college basketball game. If I think of any more ideas, I will post back.

m 'n c
12-13-2010, 03:55 PM
She is very much a girly girl. Since she is growing all over and I haven't seen her lately I hesitate to buy clothing but maybe some fun accessories would be good.

spring
12-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Don't know if this will help, but I accompanied my DGD, age 10, to the mall yesterday to pick out gifts for her 11 year girlfriend. We ended up in Justice, where she picked out some lipgloss, jewelry, a diary and a really pretty silver metallic looking scarf for her.

My DGD has asked for a lot of "tech" stuff, too, but she also wants gift cards to Abercrombie & Fitch to buy clothes.

wilsonfamily4
12-13-2010, 04:11 PM
My daughter is almost 9 so a bit younger but as far as accessories she loves finger nail polish and headbands.

She also loves to be crafty and is into beading with nicer beads.

She is getting speakers for her ipod, itunes GC, books, kid cookbooks-she loves to cook, legos, etc.

She also loves apple to apples, word games like Quiddler, and Rummikub.

SunshineGirl
12-13-2010, 04:23 PM
She is very much a girly girl. Since she is growing all over and I haven't seen her lately I hesitate to buy clothing but maybe some fun accessories would be good.

What about the scarves that Affordable Scarves has on sale today? Both of my girls are really into accessorizing with scarves.

speechteachri
12-13-2010, 08:27 PM
What about the scarves that Affordable Scarves has on sale today? Both of my girls are really into accessorizing with scarves.

My dd is 13, so a little older, but she is really into the circle scarves right now. You can wear them as a regular scarf or as a shrug.

pbhall13
12-14-2010, 02:05 AM
well my 11 year old and all of her 10/11 yr old friends all love Bath and Body Works (we just gave out the peppermint stick body lotion as favors for her bday party.... huge hit)

Also some of the PINK fragrances are huge....maybe that with the fun slipper socks!

Good luck!!